Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

teagone posted:

Pre-loading :dance:

24.4GB worth. -_o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Jippa posted:

I'm so glad I got a hard copy. I'm guessing there will be a patch as well for me though.

Yeah, I've got FiOS and I'm getting ~8MB/sec (at the moment) - it's still going to take the better part of an hour.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

neonbregna posted:

preloading so hard right now

As are quite a few other people, as my 8MB/sec is now 4-6. :argh:

Oh well, not like I'll be able to actually *play* the thing at 100%.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I wish Origin had a "you already own this" option on their "buy now" buttons like Steam. I've plugged in my game and premium code, but the latter doesn't explicitly show up. It'd be a comfort if the main 'box art' went from standard to something saying 'premium' on it, or hell, even a little 'P' in a corner. vOv

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

SAMARIX posted:

Go to your my games. Right click the BF4 box and click "Show Game Details".
You can see what expansions you have. I personally do not own BF4 premium, but I'm guessing it will show up not grayed out or it will say you own it like the china rising expansion.
Mine shows up as a "BUY NOW" when I mouse over it.

Yeah, it's lit up for me - guess that answers that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

This thing has hard-locked five times in the single-player campaign thus far (in the last two hours), and when climbing the ladder on the Valkyrie to get to the bridge, getting too close to Sgt. Black Guy climbing launched me into the air to a lethal fall height and forced me to do the loving on-deck firefight again.

Yeah, gently caress you, EA. Very recent nVidia drivers, too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Nalin posted:

Just wait for the ladder bug in two more missions. It happens right at the end and, if you mess up, it launches you out of the world and saves your game there. Hope you enjoy doing the whole entire mission over again!

Let's also give them kudos for making us replay the opener from BF3 in its entirety instead of spending five minutes doing a synopsis.

Yay for cut and paste!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

neonbregna posted:

Any patch notes for the 700 mb update?

I haven't downloaded any update on the PC yet. Is this for a console?

Zaphod42 posted:

3's campaign was lame, but 4's is a loving joke by comparison.

The massive distances between save points and having to watch cinematics you've already gone through in order to restart from those save points is just icing on a cake of poo poo. Linear campaigns are loving retarded, and I wish they'd just let you experience what you *wanted* to experience. I remember getting the itch to play the F/A-18 level on BF3 one time, then going back and finding that even though I'd beaten the campaign, for some reason I'd lost all of my progress and would've had to have started from the beginning.

...I just watched the mission in 1080p on Youtube instead.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 29, 2013

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ElProducto posted:

I replayed that mission a bunch of times by just selecting it from the menu.

That's just the thing. I originally didn't have BF3 Premium. I bought it and upgraded my BF3 install a few months after it had come out. When I went back into BF3 for the first time in a while to play the mission, all of my progress had been wiped and I was incapable of accessing it without starting fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

canyoneer posted:

I guess the good news is that the modern military shooter campaigns are so short these days that it probably didn't take long to blow through everything leading up to it.

Though for that specific mission, watching it on youtube is not too different from the experience of playing it.

My thoughts exactly, even if the video I watched showed the guy manage to actually get hit by a missile.

• Locked thread