Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
It's too bad that you haven't gotten very many comments, six updates in. This actually seems pretty interesting, and you're doing a pretty good job presenting it. Been a while since I played a good point and click adventure, I think I'd have had fun with this one. But since you're playing through it, Ill content myself with just watching.

This has taken a turn I wasn't expecting. At first I thought it was going to turn out that at some point between dumping our Aunt's ashes and getting back to the apartment that we'd somehow jumped into an alternate universe where nobody knew us. The doctor making a mistake about our Aunt (thinking she was our Mother) seemed to confirm this, but now that Joey has revealed himself I guess that's not where this is going anymore.

Too early to start speculating on what happened to Lauren that caused her to flip out like Patricia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
So Joey fell in love with Lauren. Hope that's not going to end up a huge reveal, but it's pretty obvious with him cutting off the "Liked her? Hell, I loved her." phrase. Explains the fact that they look like a couple in those pictures. That would be pretty drat frustrating. Not to mention having to watch her waste away for 25 years. Either he's secretly totally off his nut, and we just haven't seen it yet, or he was the hardest-boiled goddamn detective ever when he was alive.

I'm betting on the latter.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

rickvoid posted:

So Joey fell in love with Lauren. Hope that's not going to end up a huge reveal, but it's pretty obvious with him cutting off the "Liked her? Hell, I loved her." phrase. Explains the fact that they look like a couple in those pictures. That would be pretty drat frustrating. Not to mention having to watch her waste away for 25 years.

cmndstab posted:

Lauren: Will I... become like you? Please tell me. That's all I want to know.
Countess: You? You are loved.
Lauren: Loved? Loved by who?

cmndstab posted:

Oh, surely they can. Do you know what it's like to lose everything? To have everything you loved and struggled for just vanish?
I know something about that, yeah.

Wow. Some days I hate being right. :smith:

• Locked thread