Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I'm interested to see what's going to happen in the next games as well. I enjoy adventure games, but find I don't have the patience for them anymore. I'm impressed by the artwork if nothing else; pixel art's not easy and this is done pretty well especially for an indie title.

I hope we get a little more information eventually about why there's only one medium for a city as large as New York, or what exactly causes a ghost to be formed. Like why would Alli have been made a ghost, but JoAnn wouldn't have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

Just think, Joey has had to live (haw!) through the rise of rock and roll, the British Invasion, and the emergence of disco. For someone who lived in ... when WAS Joey alive? How long has he been dead? He looks like a private eye from the 20's-30's. Anyway, he's been aware of a great deal of change in pop music, and he doesn't even have the power to turn off the radio. I suppose he could just sit on top of it if it's playing something he doesn't like, though.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

That lady's dress clearly has straps on her shoulders, Laura, it's not only held up by fate!

I think my knowledge of adventure games has gone soft, though, at the moment I'd be stuck with a 'so what do I do now' sense. Probably go back to the apartment and talk to Joey again, hope something else pops up. Maybe go bug the pianist who seems to have some connection with the C-sharps. I'd guess he knows who the sax player is, or has some relation to him, the way he clammed up.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I wonder if we find out who killed Isaac five years ago. But then, I don't think it really matters. Laura's whole purpose isn't to solve the emotional problems of everyone she meets, just to lay spirits to rest. And in a city the size of New York, there's no way one woman and one ghost are going to be able to help everyone.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

Ooh, so the two cases are NOT completely unrelated. This could be quite interesting.

Going to guess this ghost used to live in whatever building was here, before it was torn down for the new construction. Paranoid, panicky, but not afraid of visitors, just not expecting any. Hm.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

Maybe having a child in the house caused her to give up smoking, and nicotine withdrawal drove her insane. :v:

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

Well that covers my question of 'how can one person and ghost cover a city the size of New York?'. There are more of them, only in this case it's a mad old woman who can't do her job. Kills people to 'save them', then can't do anything to help the ghosts she helped create.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I think one of the strengths of the first game compared to Unbound was the character portraits. I know there's a lot of voice acting in the game, but just reading the LP, it really needs the portraits to show some emotions as well as letting the readers get a feel for the scene better.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I love that her Geocities webpage background is her teddy bear. :3:

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

Please tell me his voice acting while he's doing his lines is 'chewing the scenery' bad. Or 'community college Shakespeare' bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

Sounds like Rosa needs to get a pack of cigarettes. Just in case. I bet the Countess remembers THAT.

• Locked thread