Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Gotta have blue hair.

My mind interpreted that as SOUL LOBSTER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Gotta have blue hair.

The sunglasses on the mini skull is a nice touch.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
So i was watching a friend stream some really bad horror games with this "halloween radio" going on in the background and this came on and i'm pretty sure this is probably one of the worst covers i've heard.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1xPm0ojzlU

Tess
Sep 25, 2009
That picture is amazing. That cover, however? Holy poo poo. I made it about 30 seconds before it gave me a headache and had to stop listening.

This probably doesn't count as out in the wild, but if you're a Little Big Planet fan there was a NBC level kit just released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1K4asxmVrI

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats

VoidBurger posted:

Aww, awesome book! :3:

So, who has $20,000 and no sense of taste?

What's really crazy (besides the price tag) is that this may be Disney-approved in some manner, judging by that watermark in the corner. :gonk:

Well, y'know, at least Kuja decided to change his wardrobe up :v:

Thesaya posted:

My mind interpreted that as SOUL LOBSTER!

"What is this! We were at a party. His ear lobe fell in the deep.
Someone reached in and grabbed it! What is this? Why, it's not a soul...
We were out trick or treating.
Everybody had matching costumes. Somebody went running towards a howl. What is this?
And there they saw a soul!
It wasn't a soul... What is this!
It was a Soul Lobster!"

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Gotta have blue hair.

The Pumpkin King is dead! He's gone! But he's right here on my back, and here in my skull! He lives on as a part of me! If you're going to scare, scare to the heavens. No matter who's in my way, I wont stop! Once I've terrified you, it means I've won!
Just who the hell do you think I am?
I'm Jack. I'm Me! JACK SKELLINGTON.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Youtube! (full commentary)
PolsyBlip (cut commentary)

This episode is GAME PADDING! S'bad.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I am enjoying OogieBoogieloves Adventure.

E: This just landed in my inbox. Jack is shilling for conventions now:

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 24, 2013

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

General Ironicus posted:

When your skull is made of paper maché, your soft spots never heal.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
As a roundabout Jack sighting, the Halloween event in World of Warcraft has a companion pet available that's a little black cat with a witch hat that will ride on a flying broom if you are mounted with it out. The description in the pet journal is "Ride with the moon (and this furry, whiskered witch) in the dead of night!"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Wow, I do not remember this level from way back when I played this game at all. My brain just deleted it because of what boring, useless padding it is.

Xenia
Apr 5, 2004

I'm a vegetable. Honk!
"Wow that tree sounds like Olmec from Legends of the Hidden Temple," I thought while watching. Turns out it is the same guy and he is in an awful lot of other games doing voice work.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

General Ironicus posted:

Damnit Ironicus, I came here to post this!!!

While watching the most recent video, I thought "Seeing as this is a watered-down DMC, what are all the 'stylish' rankings in this game?" so I did a search. There's so little information on this game and I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Also, the NMBC wiki page for this game claims a 3DS release on 10/31/2014, though I tried to find any information backing this up and ended up empty-handed.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Xenia posted:

"Wow that tree sounds like Olmec from Legends of the Hidden Temple," I thought while watching. Turns out it is the same guy and he is in an awful lot of other games doing voice work.

Dee Bradley Baker. Also, if you hear an animal in animation or video games it's either this guy or Frank Welker.

Also holy poo poo this video is a textbook example of filler. Literally nothing that happened had any bearing on the "Story" of this game.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
This episode was perfect for me. I am lying in bed trying to wake up, this is a very good thing to slowly wake my brain up.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Boss time!

Youtube! (full commentary)
PolsyBlip! (cut commentary)

(Featuring more awesome music by Alex Rosetti!)

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 27, 2013

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey it's Phantom.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Rocky Mountain Horror Show. :3: That sounds like a joke a highschool ecology/geography teacher would make and then be sad a bunch of 17 year olds didn't get.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

:stare: That Minnesota/Canada accent you did was way too scarily close to perfect, it was almost exactly like my great aunt's voice. It spooked me a little bit.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Rocky Mountain Horror Show. :3: That sounds like a joke a highschool ecology/geography teacher would make and then be sad a bunch of 17 year olds didn't get.
I like how Kamoc ignored me when I questioned that, haha.

death .cab for qt posted:

:stare: That Minnesota/Canada accent you did was way too scarily close to perfect, it was almost exactly like my great aunt's voice. It spooked me a little bit.
I learned from the best!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CAXbOEE1zA

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

This episode gave me horrible "Jack" related MGS2 flashbacks. :stonk:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Found Jack chilling at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Holy poo poo

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I really hope those dance icons didn't blend together the way they do in the video, because they were almost impossible to read fast enough.

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Darnit, I came here to post that!
Anyways, this LP is making me chuckle consistently, Voidburger, so please keep it up!

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I really hope those dance icons didn't blend together the way they do in the video, because they were almost impossible to read fast enough.
I'll have to doublecheck my non-emulated PS2 version to compare, but they definitely look exactly like that when I'm recording on the emulator. They're also not QUITE synched to the music, and you have to hit them a tiny bit before you have to.

vv Dang, I shoulda waited three more seconds to post! So far as I know, only one song-with-lyrics in this game is an original song not from the movie, and we'll be hearing it in a few episodes. vvv

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
Although the lyrics were kind of awkward, that was a neat melody. You said that these songs are all lifted from the movie?

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Sally's song is one of my favorites from the movie but it REALLY doesn't fit as a boss theme. I mean, I guess thematically it works, but it's too wistful? I think that's the word I want.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

I was really disappointed when the giant spider boss in DMC Lite was nothing like Phantom from the first DMC.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

heenato posted:

Sally's song is one of my favorites from the movie but it REALLY doesn't fit as a boss theme. I mean, I guess thematically it works, but it's too wistful? I think that's the word I want.

Yeah that is like the least fightinest song, and somehow it doesn't really work for a rhythm game either.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.

VoidBurger posted:

I like how Kamoc ignored me when I questioned that, haha.

I was too distracted by the musicombat my bad

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I laughed the first time Jack AH-HAH'D while he was singing.

Also, saw this while playing the train wreck that is Sword of the Stars 2. I may have to put HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN every few lines to properly re-create the experience.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that when Jack goes in for a song finisher they actually add a couple of new stanzas to finish the song.

...not sure why the boss still sticks around after that, though.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Just wanting to say I'm loving this LP, and I wanted to show off the caramel apple that you can get at Disneyland.

It's as delicious as it is spooky.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Gann Jerrod posted:

Just wanting to say I'm loving this LP, and I wanted to show off the caramel apple that you can get at Disneyland.

It's as delicious as it is spooky.

That reminds me, I still gotta eat my Jack...candy...thing.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

It's probably not very original, but in the last video I had mentally replaced them saying "Jack!" and "Sally!" with "Johnathon!" and "Charlotte!".

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Look what I found on Imgur:

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Hey guys, I was hoping to have an episode ready for HALLOWEEN, but life has decided to throw some really impressive monkey wrenches in the works, so we're gonna have a bit of a delay for the next episode, maybe a week. :( Sorry for the scheduling issues, y'all.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Eyre Kneed posted:

Look what I found on Imgur:

That's pretty awesome, but like those people who paint anime eyes over their real eyes, it kind of requires you to keep your eyes closed all the time... and also to be in almost total darkness.

And it's hard to unsee Jack's mouth as a moustache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

The scariest thing of all. :ohdear:

• Locked thread