Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I think the game designers were actually pretty on the ball with this product, as from what I can tell, NBC fans really do seem to be attracted to the same loving thing, repeated over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

RoverDangerfield posted:

This was a thing I was about to bring up myself. It sorta seemed like the good Doctor had pretty much accepted that he couldn't keep her locked in his horror house any longer, especially with her blossoming relationship with the town's hero going on and all. But then the game starts and he's back to keeping her hidden away.

Was Jack just cool with this? Seems like he should probably have had some say in the matter, given his status among the locals and all. Of course if the game is to be believed, the citizens are a pretty fickle and unappreciative bunch who, even in times of horrible suffering at the hands of Oogie, force Jack to pay money for simple items and go out of their way to inconvenience him at every turn. Seriously? You're going to quiz me right now? I'm trying to save you dicks for the second time in a year here. Give a guy a break.

I don't want to sound like a lunatic here, but bear with me: What if this game is actually just trumped up fan fiction and isn't, strictly speaking, canonical to the original Tim Burton holiday world lore? I mean, it certainly wasn't written or directed by Tim Burton. And none of the "new" music was even written or performed by Danny Elfman. Some of these characters don't even have the same voice actors! Why, it's almost like this is a cheap attempt to cash in on the original work's popularity, rather than an honest to god follow up to the tale and events of the film. :tinfoil:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

General Ironicus posted:

Most of the replacement voices are pretty good, but the doc isn't even close.

I was just thinking the same thing. I wanted to chalk it up to him having a weird, wrong brain, but that doesn't explain the est of the time. Also, WHY THE gently caress DID HE EAT THE SOUP?! GODDAMNIT!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Just when you thought Jack couldn't be more obnoxious! Who ever is responsible for the sound direction in this game really ought to be blacklisted, or something.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

carnackiArdent posted:

Random note: The "what was Santa's Christmas gift" question has a reference to The Three Amigos, where the bad guy, whose evil scheme involves his own birthday party, asks his henchman, "Would you say we have a plethora of pinatas?"

Completely bizarre reference in a completely bizarre place, but the line's specific enough that it's hard to think it's anything else.

Holy poo poo, that was stuck somewhere in the back of my head, and I could not place it. Thank you for reminding me! I have to watch that movie again sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I'm assuming you can get to St.Patrick's Day Town by finding the end of a *rainbow, but what about Easter Town? Thanksgiving Town? Canadian Thanksgiving Town?

*Or visiting your local céilí hall!

• Locked thread