Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

VoidBurger posted:

Hey guys, I was hoping to have an episode ready for HALLOWEEN, but life has decided to throw some really impressive monkey wrenches in the works, so we're gonna have a bit of a delay for the next episode, maybe a week. :( Sorry for the scheduling issues, y'all.

Hey, it's fine, Jack's proven in the past that he's more than willing to work any season. Push it as far into November as you need.

THIS IS THANKSGIVING THIS IS THANKSGIVING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

VoidBurger posted:

*SOURCE: The loving Bleedman comic? Also from a mention of Jack having kids years down the line in a prologue on the soundtrack.

Oh mother of God.

ThatPazuzu posted:

And in the comments there is, paraphrased: "Is the Pumpkin King in charge?" "No, Pumpkin King is a title like Miss America."

Actual question about the Pumpkin King though, how does Jack suddenly get flame powers by putting a pumpkin on his head. Is that a thing he does? I actually don't really know poo poo about Nightmare Before Christmas.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

azren posted:

That costume ought to have its dialogue changed for combat; I wanna hear "SNORE ROBBER!" over and over.

Or just replace like every third "HAH HAH!" in a combo chain with Jack yawning loudly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThatPazuzu posted:

A button equals A button.

Atlas Soul Robber'd

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh no! The St. Patrick's Day door! Oogie must be drunk as poo poo by now if he's invaded that town!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's funny that Kamoc made a comparison to Arkham Asylum on the one video where Jack actually happened to be wearing a cape. Whenever you kept jumping from high places to get that cash from Corpse Kid's questions all I could think about was how hilarious it would be if Jack just spontaneously started gliding AA style.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

General Ironicus posted:

All graves go to Halloween town, all chimneys go to Christmas Town, and all Bruce Springsteen concerts go to Fathers Day Town New Jersey.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

How are you supposed to get a better time on that? I mean the skeleton fight added a lot, but just about everything there is there to pad out the game.

I get the feeling they designed the levels in chronological order and ran out of ideas maybe back at the mad scientist one.

Yeah, no kidding. This game's just been coasting ever since the Doctor level and even then it was running out of steam fast.

I got a kick out of Corpse Kid only just now noticing the Soul Robber. "Hey Jack what's that thing on your arm that's been there for the whole game?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Elementary, my dear WAHA~!tson.

Look what you've done, Kamoc. Look what you've started.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That was an excellent Choose Goose impression, VB. And I thought it would be the highlight of the video... until the ending. Well played.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hearing Chip suggest a Devil Trigger just made me imagine classic DMC moments only with Jack Skellington in place of Dante

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH WA HAAAAA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I'd just like to say I love this goofy shot of Jack staring straight forward. Something about the outfit I guess.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blind Sally posted:

I dunno, would YOU want to be associated with angsty teenagers if you were simultaneously trying to run a business dedicated to family-friendly sunshine and happiness?

Corollary: Would YOU want to be associated with skeletons and a town literally consisting of nightmare creatures if you were simultaneously trying to run a business dedicated to family-friendly sunshine and happiness?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wait VB, you said there's only 2 more videos left? If you release them really slowly you can end the thread on HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
With Kojima on a Silent Hill game, I can only hope the UFO ending involves Revolver Ocelot appearing to announce that all the events of the game were parts of a master plan.

Norman Reedus makes me uncomfortable though. I don't know why, I have nothing against the guy, I guess it's just because the only other game I've seen that "stars" real-life actors is Beyond Two Souls and that game was awful.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Kojima's problem has always been that he needs an editor, someone to step in and rein in his more insane ideas. Hopefully Guillermo Del Toro can be that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shei-kun posted:

Jack once again showing that his skills lie within his current vocation, and not beyond it.

The Nightmare Before NaNoWriMo.

• Locked thread