Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
It looks good if the website preview is anything to go by. Pretty loving depressing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

x2, Mossless is loving great. Absolutely worth it.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Mrenda posted:

It looks good if the website preview is anything to go by. Pretty loving depressing though.

Well, the last decade hasn't really been a barrel of laughs generally speaking.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Their blog is great too, well worth reading through the archives.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I think Mossless was namedropped on vice recently. Good to hear that goons think they are good poo poo--just convinced me to pick up issue 3.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Looked through the sample pages and grabbed a copy as well, it really looks like a great variety of photographers.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Not really a book of photos per se (there are some throughout), but I just finished River of Shadows: Edweard Muybridge and the Technological Wild West. It definitely indulges in some pretentious navel-gazing, and doesn't focus entirely on Muybridge and his work (Muybridge and his work are more or less the centerpiece around which the author discusses the settlement of the American West), but it was still a pretty informative read and I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks they'd be interested.

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

The Georgia LBM(Alec Soth) dispatch is out, it will probably sell super fast so I would jump on it. http://www.littlebrownmushroom.com/products/lbm-dispatch-7-georgia/

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I'd like to see all of your photobook collections. Do you have a stack in a corner? Or are they sprawled on the coffee table? In your lab?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

bobmarleysghost posted:

I'd like to see all of your photobook collections. Do you have a stack in a corner? Or are they sprawled on the coffee table? In your lab?

I need more bookshelves :shepface:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sturdier shelves!

Awesome collection though. Def jelly.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I too need more shelves.

MrBlandAverage posted:

I need more bookshelves :shepface:
I see one two we both have.

Ric fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 25, 2014

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
please dont kill your shelves

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Shelf-killing acquisitions continue unabated. I've been waiting for this one.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Did that motherfucker finally get a reprint or did you decimate your wallet?

edit: buyin' dis

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 4, 2014

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

The steel spine makes it the sweetest photobook I own, for sure. Well worth waiting for the reprint.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

try it with a lime posted:

Did that motherfucker finally get a reprint or did you decimate your wallet?

edit: buyin' dis

Yep, second edition. :getin:

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

MrBlandAverage posted:

Yep, second edition. :getin:

This in on the way to my place, too. Can't loving wait!

Also you really owe yourself to buy Matthias Heiderich's book, called Spektrum Berlin, too!
It's drop dead gorgeous! I have never seen such pop-art new topographics before, but he totally loving nails it!

Link here.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

MrBlandAverage posted:

Shelf-killing acquisitions continue unabated. I've been waiting for this one.

This may have to be a Xmas present to myself, looks fantastic.

Also, Time put out a list of the best photobooks of 2014 :homebrew:

http://time.com/3602554/best-photobooks-2014/

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I recently got the reprint of Josef Koudelka's Exiles. Worth every penny.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
picked up on woot fatigue's recommendation

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I really want to pick up a copy of that Mossless one but gently caress paying that much for shipping. Maybe I'll get my NYC buddy to send one over next time she's across the border.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
currently a stack on my floor, but once i get into a better place+get moving expenses done with... Collecting intensifies.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I think you might need some Ragnar this Christmas.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I just picked up lurzer's archive in b&n, looks like it's all advertising photography and it's pretty interesting.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I got this form Amazon for $15.

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

Just got my copies Mossless and Grays the Mountain Sends, everyone who recommended them was super right. And lucky me, a gallery in NYC is showing pictures from Grays the Mountain Sends until January 11. I hope the prints are gigantic.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Breadnought posted:

Just got my copies Mossless and Grays the Mountain Sends, everyone who recommended them was super right. And lucky me, a gallery in NYC is showing pictures from Grays the Mountain Sends until January 11. I hope the prints are gigantic.

It's probably the same prints I saw, which makes them up to 40x50 :getin:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
my carpet is fuglier than imgur's jpeg compression.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

http://issuu.com/plateform

I found this through through Junku Nishimura's Facebook after he was featured in #71, it's a free art magazine that features photography as well as collage and illustration work.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I'm really pleased to finally have a copy of Takashi Yasumura's Domestic scandals, I've wanted it for years.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Found this today:

Pretty funny seeing what constituted cutting edge photographic technique/subject in 1934.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Has anyone got a copy of this:
https://steidl.de/Books/New-Topographics-0537384042.html

If so, worth it?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Probably worth it, haven't read it myself though.

FYI there will be new edition of Robert Adam's The New West coming out this year, you can preorder on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Robert-Adams-The-New-West/dp/3869309008/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I've got both the New Topographics and The new West books and they are very good if you're into that kind of photography.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I've got the New Topographics one too. It's good, the essays are very thorough, and it's pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

deaders posted:

FYI there will be new edition of Robert Adam's The New West coming out this year, you can preorder on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Robert-Adams-The-New-West/dp/3869309008/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

gently caress yeah :homebrew:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

deaders posted:

Probably worth it, haven't read it myself though.

:rznv: :fh:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Picked up this guy today:

Made up of images from the LBM Dispatches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

Just unwrapped this bad boy.

• Locked thread