Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yep. First Ruby, incredibly snarky, and blond. At least Laurel's just snarky once in a while, instead of every single line dripping with venom like she's got an angry rattlesnake for a mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
drat, was that Barrowman's real voice with that insane Scottish accent?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

jscolon2.0 posted:

She was the first Ruby.

She should've married Jensen, she could've stayed Ruby.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

pentyne posted:

it's an exaggeration of his real accent, yes.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Deadpool posted:

Sizzle Reel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp4QSxylq9g

This season is going to be fun!

The last 20 seconds of that has got me wondering, are we getting (comic character spoiler maybe) Black Canary finally?

If that is Laurel in a wig...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Amazing OP can't wait for this show to be back. By the way, the comic has just introduced Diggle to the comic book canon :allears:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48244

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

The last 20 seconds of that has got me wondering, are we getting (comic character spoiler maybe) Black Canary finally?

Supposed to be, yeah.

I mean that's not necessarily who it is in the trailer, but that is supposed to be this season.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Aphrodite posted:

Supposed to be, yeah.

I mean that's not necessarily who it is in the trailer, but that is supposed to be this season.

Man why am I getting so excited about a CW show.

I even kind of like Roy Harper.

What is wrong with me.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Pretty much marathoned season 1 while on a plane, so now I'm excited to be joining you guys each week for season 2! :dance:

Although I'm kinda concerned where the Island flashbacks will be going since they pretty much killed Fyres and friends, will it just be training montages?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sober posted:

Pretty much marathoned season 1 while on a plane, so now I'm excited to be joining you guys each week for season 2! :dance:

Although I'm kinda concerned where the Island flashbacks will be going since they pretty much killed Fyres and friends, will it just be training montages?

He still joins that Russian gang or whatever. There's a story there.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
When I think of training montages I automatically think of Rocky...I think IV? When he has to fight the Russian.

I would be so down for Amell training set to cheeseball music with Bennett playing the role of like, jacked-yoda

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Amazing OP can't wait for this show to be back. By the way, the comic has just introduced Diggle to the comic book canon :allears:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48244

This is a great example of the kind of comic talk that is cool to have in this thread. The fact that they're introducing Diggle into the comics is pretty awesome.

Sober posted:

I'm not spoiling anything by saying this, but the island stuff is one of the things that the writers have said they've already planned out for about five seasons. They've set tentpoles for that whole arc. And in one interview even mentioned that the plan is to have the last island flashback sequence in season five be the beginning of the Pilot where Oliver is rescued. Of course this is all subject to change over time. You never know how things are going to work out five years down the line. But the fact they have a blueprint for all of that is pretty cool.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 3, 2013

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Man I am so stoked for this show to be back on air.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wednesdays on CW are all about family this fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS8YrtwlaFk

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
WTF, but at least we now know that the good looks probably come from the male line. And something is wrong with me, I found that funny.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Torrannor posted:

WTF, but at least we now know that the good looks probably come from the male line. And something is wrong with me, I found that funny.

No, if you found that funny I'd say there's nothing wrong at all because it was funny.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Torrannor posted:

I laughed :shrug:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Okay, hetero man-crush confirmed on this guy.. He (along with like everyone on Supernatural) seem like they'd be awesome to grab a beer with.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pentyne posted:

Kind of. Barrowman lived a lot of his formative years in the US (I want to say Ohio?) so the accent he used in the show is how he talks much of the time, but he and the rest of his family are from the West of Scotland, so that accent is pretty much how he talks when he shifts into that accent from his childhood.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

In honour of last season's randomly amazing Malcolm Merlyn (pbuh), have a video of John BARROWMAN singing about another lunatic in pursuit of insane dreams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8z8steE2s

:allears:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
There are definitely better actors in the world, but as a showman Barrowman is peerless!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Holy poo poo. Just watched that sizzle trailer finally. Looks like this will be my most looked forward to show on TV again this season. This is going to be rad.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Personally, I think it would be pretty hilarious and awesome if they just never addressed this. Ollie is a capo in the Russian Mob. Deal with it.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Them never addressing it besides having mobsters treating him with crazy amounts of respect would be a great thing. Also the people who have seen him with his shirt off not recognizing the gang tattoos is wtf thing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I think Deathstroke's helmet is really kinda dumb. He looks like a disturbed bobblehead. Just wanted to put it out there.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Drifter posted:

I think Deathstroke's helmet is really kinda dumb. He looks like a disturbed bobblehead. Just wanted to put it out there.

It fits the color scheme, and I think it looks better than if they had done some sort of fabric or latex pullover. I'd like to see what prototypes they looked at before settling on this one though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fallorn posted:

Them never addressing it besides having mobsters treating him with crazy amounts of respect would be a great thing. Also the people who have seen him with his shirt off not recognizing the gang tattoos is wtf thing.

Those Abs are distracting as hell man.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Aphrodite posted:

They've more or less confirmed that Ollie did leave the Island at some point. (In one episode he's asked about the diary, and he says that he confirmed it's content in a message his dad left for him that wasn't on the island.)

So there's a storyline about Ollie leaving the island. But there's an even better storyline which is that he CAME BACK to the island.

I'm also fairly sure that Biriylia will be mentioned in this season (if it hasn't already been mentioned.) So we might see an Arrow version of Queen Bee.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Fallorn posted:

Either never address it or have it be absolutely, improbably huge of a deal. No middle-ground, either nobody talks about it or it's a three-part miniseries event with as few Starling City scenes as possible. Just three weeks of flashback. :hellyeah:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fuuuck, 2 more days :dance:

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Less than 24 hours to go! :neckbeard:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

"Get some duct tape, because these guys are RIPPED."

How appropriate that the best quote to steal was from Archer.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I spend 8-10 hours a day working out on a building site and i'm built nothing like any of those dudes.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

I spend 8-10 hours a day working out on a building site and i'm built nothing like any of those dudes.

Your muscles will be built for work, their muscles are built for looking pretty. Also how much beer do you drink?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

Looking like them doesn't automatically happen even if your job is highly active.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 9, 2013

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

There was just a huge derail about male physiques in show business in YLLS's image thread.

It's a superhero show, so they do their best to look like superheroes.

SHIELD is turning out to be not bad. Between that and Arrow, there's a real potential for some competition in superhero TV shows that are not awful, which I think for fans is a good thing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

hi liter posted:

There was just a huge derail about male physiques in show business in YLLS's image thread.

It's a superhero show, so they do their best to look like superheroes.

SHIELD is turning out to be not bad. Between that and Arrow, there's a real potential for some competition in superhero TV shows that are not awful, which I think for fans is a good thing.

Haha. Arrow is so far above Coulson's Agents of SHIELD in terms of writing and characterization. Sure, they're both based off of comics, but there's no competition.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Drifter posted:

Haha. Arrow is so far above Coulson's Agents of SHIELD in terms of writing and characterization. Sure, they're both based off of comics, but there's no competition.

They both have plenty of flaws, but Arrow has had the chance to spend a season dialing those down. Arrow has a tendency to be bogged down in CW soapy drama. Laurel's really bringing the show down, and that stupid Sarah might be alive subplot was terrible and went nowhere. Its approach to reinventing some characters and toning them down can be a bit annoying (I liked the Royal Flush Gang but the Count was kind of dull) though it looks like it's going to stop with that with The Flash.

SHIELD has this frustrating tendency to do these really annoying quips every other line. It does not take the less is more approach and will shove a "joke" or "witty" banter when it's completely inappropriate or just plain not funny. And its status as a tie in series means it's just doing really boring C-grade stories that won't really use any Marvel universe elements for worldbuilding out of fear that said material will be covered in the movies instead. It's stuck in a state of never having any real consequence and just being a mild filler show.

Arrow's overall the far better show because when it isn't being a soapy drama it's actually a really cool vigilante series with fun island escapades on top whereas SHIELD isn't really anything other than a snark fodder with C-listers and original characters, but that doesn't mean SHIELD can't improve to the same level, it's only been 3 episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

chiefnewo posted:

Your muscles will be built for work, their muscles are built for looking pretty. Also how much beer do you drink?

no beer man... without turning this into YLLS - Arrow Edition. I'm 6' and 88kg. After working all day the last place i wanna go is somewhere to lift more heavy things... wait... now i see the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Drifter posted:

You wouldn't say that if you had just watched the Huntress arc of Arrow.

SHIELD has had 3 episodes, and Whedon shows almost always take a while to get up and running.

• Locked thread