Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Former sister-in-law actually. Something about them trying things out and it not working because Diggle said something stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I can't watch the live episode so I usually catch it on the CW website the morning after. Then I watch it again at night when I'm actually awake and can process what's going on properly,

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man, that promo. :flashfap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Arrow facebook page posted this clip earlier. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=396204243850947

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress gently caress gently caress I'm still stuck at work and missing this. Gonna have to catch it tomorrow morning before work :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

poo poo man, just watched the whole thing and all I can say is THE ARROW HYPE TRAIN IS AT RAMMING SPEED!.

Shame they didn't show more :argh:BARROWMAN!:argh: action. I really liked the dark archer action sequences in season 1.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Didn't one of the producers say that Sara was in fact the one who went back, got Nyssa, and brought the league in to deal with the situation? I'd imagine they'd want to deal with it because if the Lazarus pits aren't even on this show's radar, then obviously the Mirakuru is something that they would like to get their hands on.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Flash trailer confirmed for Wednesday, with a nice little peek at the end of that promo. :flashfap:

Wednesday cannot come soon enough! :flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sooooo... the Arrow facebook page has posted this picture with the quote "War always has casualties."

:ohdear::ohdear::ohdear:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

No no no, towards the end, he attacked the guy, beat up his staff and then the cops showed up. He literally swung down from the skyscraper back to his party.

Nah man, he ziplined down.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

Ollie still needs to bag Laurel and Sara's mom to get the hat trick of Lance Ladies

He already got Laurel. Season 1, remember?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Karl Yune has been cast as Maseo Yamashiro for Arrow Season 3

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man I hope he does this role better than his last role on TESO. I was so hyped to hear him do a Nordic king and he let me down so hard. :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Our main man Stephen Amell is hosting a 3 hour special event at Comic-Con where they're going to premiering Gotham, the Flash pilot, and discussing season 3 of Arrow.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Amell posted this to his Facebook page, captioning it "Season 3 in a nutshell."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly I could go for a "Brave and the Bold"-style treatment for the TV universe. The cartoon series was amazing and I still enjoy watching it to this day.

What I'm trying to say is bring on Wildcat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A few more details surrounding Season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of The Flash.

quote:

What’s interesting about the villain in season three is that he doesn’t necessarily disagree with [Oliver]. He doesn’t have any personal animus towards the Arrow, and he actually in some ways has a very similar worldview. [But] the Arrow is thinking too small.

They're pretty much saying it'll be Ra's al Ghul, but is there anyone else who might think like him and Oliver?

Also, looks like they're really going to go all out for the big Arrow/Flash crossover and lead that into a mid-season finale. The more I hear about this the more hyped I get because it means that metahumans might start making their way into Arrow.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If that were the case then no one would watch for Arrow, just for Batman. I honestly hope they keep Superman and Batman away from the TV universe for a long while.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, btw, Amell had a Facebook Q&A last night and of course, he answered the one question on everyone's mind recently. Apparently the American Ninja Warrior people called him about his participation on the course, but since he's busy filming Season 3, that it was unlikely any time soon.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy poo poo that looks cool. Needs more arrows and gadgets though!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

More Arrow news!

Key points:
-Laurel will be headed down the path of Black Canary
-More backstory on the Malcolm/Thea team-up
-John Diggle: vigilante, father.
-Sarah's coming back for a specific reason. More Ra's al Ghul confirmation?
-Suicide Squad is coming back, eventually.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

New Flash Comic-Con promo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8LU-WUc8bs

Love the references in there. Also it seems that Flash will eventually break the sound barrier in the series.

The crossword has GRODD and ALLEN as solutions, and the billboard straight up says PALMER TECHNOLOGIES on it

E: Promo != clip

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 25, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Leave it to Oliver to turn his first date with Felicity into a goddamn disaster.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I have a feeling Waller is going turn into a villain later on. Also I'm hearing rumors that Oded Fehr is gonna be Ra's.

E: MOTHERFUCKING WILDCAT is coming to Arrow. Holy poo poo this season is going to own so hard.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-season-3-villain-ras-al-ghul-721453

quote:

Another new character heading to Arrow in the new season will be Wildcat, who will have an encounter with Laurel.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 27, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

hcreight posted:

Here's an offsite Amell Q&A panel he did this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9Lch5b3O4

Judging from the way he met his wife (he saw her on Mad Men, twitter stalked her, and then met her in person a few months later) he may or may not be a goon.

Impossible. A Goon would have gotten slapped with a restraining order.

Deakul posted:

Please tell me Ollie isn't actually on a lovey love date with Felicity and they're just having a friendly dinner together. :ohdear:

The trailer literally shows how that date ends up (Felicity unconscious and bloodied) so yeah...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stephen Amell is the coolest :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJbTp1fF2Y

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not sure if I like this casting decision. The guy's biggest credits are 90210, House of Payne, and 24, so I honestly think that this was forced on by some of the CW higher-ups. But I guess we'll see if it works out or not once the season starts. Maybe it'll work out and we'll get a pretty cool Wildcat, or maybe it'll crash and burn and we'll get a trainwreck out of Laurel's arc (again).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Don't look at what Stephen Amell did before this show.

BMS was legitimately funny. That and Aquaman and Arrow being best buds.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Slightly related to Arrow news: Kelly Frye is cast as Plastique for The Flash

E: Apparently this version of Plastique is a Gulf War vet who gains the power to turn anything into an explosive after being affected by the explosion of Central City's particle accelerator.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 30, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahaha, Amell posted this to his facebook earlier.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

devoir posted:

More casting news (fairly early in the new season of Arrow): http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=121410

This is going to be hilarious if it turns out that they're setting Diggle up to be a Lantern.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Clancy Brown has been cast as Wade "The General" Eiling in The Flash

Makes sense since they're featuring Plastique, but drat, they are digging deep into DC mythos here.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of teasers and references, they're doing an episode centered around Felicity's days at MIT. And that episode is titled "Oracle."

Gotta admire the writers and how they'll throw references around whenever they can.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Felicity being Oliver's long lost half-sister is exactly what this show needs. Also because it would be hilarious to watch the Tumblr crowd have a meltdown of catastrophic proportions.

Flash news: Apparently the Flashpoint storyline could be a thing in the TV series.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I just want to know who they're casting for Ra's :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stop getting my hopes up for Oded Fehr as Ra's :argh:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They've cast Cupid on Arrow (hello Supernatural Alumnus) for Season 3.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7usAdGlc32E

Commence tumblr meltdown.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Error 404 posted:

who was she in Wolverine?

Yukio (the red-haired chick who could see into the future).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

Am I the only one who actively would not want Liam Neeson? The man is a brilliant actor, but when you have the same character in 2 different live-action continuities I consider it a terrible idea to have both versions played by the same actor. The 'realities' are separate and I think it's extremely important to underline that for audiences.

Not just you. Then again I'm holding out for an Oded Fehr dream-cast (even though he already voiced Ra's in Young Justice)

Error 404 posted:

Oh cool, I liked her.

Yeah, a lot of people found her to be the cool non-Wolverine person.

• Locked thread