Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VBane
Oct 31, 2011
The actress playing Sin reminds me of Allison Scagliotti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, between her and Huntress, the Birds of Prey in this universe are gonna cut a really bloody swathe through the world.

Oh, she didn't kill him, just knocked him out. Thought she snapped his neck.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Everyone is talking about how Laurel went from Hating the Vigilante to looming Substance Abuse too fast, but you need to remember that what caused her to stop hating the vigilante was the realization that Tommy's death was her fault.

Thats the reason she's drinking alot. Self loathing.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
I love it so much that her base is out of a Clocktower.

For those unfamiliar, the Gotham Clocktower for awhile served as the base of operations of Black Canary, Batgirl/Oracle and The Huntress when they were the Birds of Prey.

...a sad little part of me wants "All The Things She Said" to start playing during the inevitable fight scene there.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

WarLocke posted:

For how utterly bad that show was, that final fight scene was pretty drat awesome.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kda9_RDHwM4

Yeah, that scenes always stuck with me. And every time I see it am surprised all over again to see Morgan from Criminal Minds in it :p

Sad that's the only Live Action Harley we've ever really gotten.

Still, show had a few moments.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
For those curious and unaware regarding HIVE.

It stands for Hierarchy of International Vengeance and Extermination. Its an evil group with notable members including Deathstroke (Slade) and Talia Al'Ghul.

Also notable is that in the Teen Titan tv series, Hive was supervillian academy that was for a period run by Brother Blood.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Somehow Diggle knows its an acronym.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
...Mr Queen was sterile wasn't he.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

OmniBeer posted:

Oh, come ON, Laurel.

People aren't mad at you for once, so you've decided to be mad at yourself. Grrr.

Being forced to prosecute someone who was a second mother to you would cause some guilt. Plus she has to be visible angry at herself so the less understanding audience members won't be.

Deakul posted:

So, is Count Vertigo to Green Arrow what Joker is to Batman or something?

Exactly what I am thinking, and I am okay with that.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

He's a pacifist, prone to the occasional slip

He knows violence is never the answer, but he doesn't like Questions.

Ollie is the One Man Gang.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Okay, here is my speculation.

Miraclo was derived from Lazarus. At some point since then the League lost their access to Lazarus, maybe it dried up or was lost in a disaster. Ra's has since aged and is ancient now and desperate to regain his youth. He'll even take an imperfect version like Miraclo. His child is in charge as he's grown so old and is spearheading efforts to save him. Ivo is working for him, which is how Sarah went from his crew to being an Assassin. He wasn't able to find the complete miracle formula so he's been extrapolating from what he has and getting agents to gather up specimens to experiment on. Like Brother Blood in Starling City, and probably the warden of Pena Duro in Santa Prisca.

The League trained Merlyn because they supported his desire to cleanse the city by amputating the rotten part of it, and also because they knew the chaos that would ensue would be the perfect cover for Blood's mass abductions. They may not know that Merlyn survived, so he may be acting as a rogue agent at this point.

No idea where Isabel fits in, or Slade if he's alive.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Okay. this surprised me.

Episode Synopsis for the December 11th episode "Three Ghosts"

After a fight with Cyrus Gold AKA the Acolyte (guest star Graham Shiels), Oliver is drugged and left for dead. Determined to cure him, Felicity makes a risky decision. The cure causes Oliver to hallucinate, and what he sees forces him to confront his past. Meanwhile, Barry (guest star Grant Gustin) continues to help Felicity, and their connection grows stronger. The Arrow asks Lance to look into Gold, but when the stakeout on Gold goes bad, someone is killed. Roy (Colton Haynes) is captured and tortured by Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kresiberg and teleplay by Geoff Johns & Ben Sokolowski.

For those unaware Cyrus Gold is the name Solomon Grundy went by before he died. He's the guy that survived Blood's treatment this week.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Double trick arrow set piece. Flash Arrow and Grappling Arrow.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
...was it previously established that Mama Lance was a professor?

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
The League takes their Kiss of Death seriously

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Haha, that was some Nic Cage yelling there.

Kinda sad that her screams didn't damage the van, but I can live it.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Spergatory posted:

So is Roy just off beating up muggers this week or what?

He's beating something I am sure

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Sara is so gonna kamikaze poison kiss her.

Edit: Or that....that would work too I guess.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

DFu4ever posted:

Oh Laurel, you're such a unlikable character.

Haha...

To be fair, Laurel has incredibly valid points

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Honestly, Laurel is not wrong.

Her sister screwed her boyfriend, then let everyone think she was dead for 6 years which destroyed their family. Now she is alive and back and people knew and were keeping it a secret from her. Substance issues aren't helping but she has plenty of right to be royally pissed.

Karl Sharks posted:

I'm dumb and don't get this joke(?). Can someone explain?

In the comics Dinah Laurel Lance is Black Canary. In the show Dinah is Laurel's middle name. Everyone thought she'd be the show's Black Canary.

VBane fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 6, 2014

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Laurel is Laurel's middle name. Dinah is her first name.

Really, thought they switched the middle and first names for the show?

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah,Lance HAS to know now.

Not a bad episode.

So, does this set up the Green Arrow / Dark Archer team up to save Thea?

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Haven't be following Flash casting news, but can I assume the latino Star Labs guy who used the sound gun on Slade and said "Does this guy give you a bad vibe?" is going to be the Latino sound powered hero Vibe?

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
What are the odds that Sara is off finding Nyssa and offering to return if the League helps take care of Slade?

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

hcreight posted:

I'm genuinely curious if the show's long game here is to rework that script into a story arc for the show.

I would love a season of catching villains and shipping them off to the island, then the finale being a 3 or 4 episode escape the island arc.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Crunk Abortion posted:

Spin off felicity sarah-canary and huntress and you could make it work. No tatu allowed.

That scene was probably best and most memorable part of that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kda9_RDHwM4

And I have a soft spot in my heart for the show that brought us the only live action Harley Quinn in her 22 years of existence.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Aw man, Wildcat coming to live TV and Dennis Farina is dead :(

I know I may be too hung up on DCAU but he would have made a great aging street level vigilante/mentor.

Well, can still dream of a Jeffrey Combs Question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Tiny little news drop. The Arrow/Flash crossover episode, at least one of them, has been named.

What else could it be but "The Brave and the Bold"

• Locked thread