Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think he's actually going to be the Hood anymore this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only one person is shirtless in that OP. It's like you didn't even try.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rarity posted:

There's such a thing as running a joke into the ground :colbert:

:argh: BARROWMAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! :argh:

You even had the opportunity to be equal opportunity. For shame, sir.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But anyway, good OP. It might be a good idea to at least mention who a character's comic counterpart is though (if they have one), because what I've gathered from interviews is that the creators expect you to know that stuff already.

They used it to their advantage with the Merlyns, in fact.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Conquistador posted:

I didn't even know there was a difference tbh. I didn't even know Green Arrow was a comic until this show started and I've been able to follow it just fine. Jus' sayin'.

You don't miss anything, but there was a pretty clever twist pulled with Barrowman being Tommy's father that only works if you know the comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

The last 20 seconds of that has got me wondering, are we getting (comic character spoiler maybe) Black Canary finally?

Supposed to be, yeah.

I mean that's not necessarily who it is in the trailer, but that is supposed to be this season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sober posted:

Pretty much marathoned season 1 while on a plane, so now I'm excited to be joining you guys each week for season 2! :dance:

Although I'm kinda concerned where the Island flashbacks will be going since they pretty much killed Fyres and friends, will it just be training montages?

He still joins that Russian gang or whatever. There's a story there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you have a Batsignal?

Does a giant symbol of someone posting something you don't like just appear in the sky?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've brought a lot of that back recently, though usually as a joke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Double post, but something I just saw in an interview...

(Spoilery if you don't want to know anything about new characters for the season. According to the interview the character is introduced in tonight's episode though.)

quote:

How will the introduction of Black Canary (Caity Lotz) push Laurel in a new direction?
Guggenheim: You'll get your first glimpse of Black Canary in the premiere. Laurel needed a bit of a makeover. Last year, as a result of her job at CNRI and her relationship with Tommy, it sometimes felt like she was in a different show. One of our main goals this year was to really bring her into the fold in a way that made her an integral part of the stories we were telling. Black Canary's appearance is going to coincide with Laurel really struggling with a great number of things. We're throwing a lot of things at Laurel this year.

Non-spoiler version: The producers know how Laurel's world felt mostly disconnected from everything and part of a different show, and want to fix that this year.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 9, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

What is the 'tomorrow people' thing he mentioned as airing after Arrow?

It's a TV show about people with superpowers and has Lucifer from Supernatural as the bad guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flashback fake-out?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deakul posted:

gently caress, tuned in a couple minutes late when Diggle and Felicity were paradropping.

What'd I miss before that?

Ollie seeing their plane, and some unimportant dialogue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

I didn't realize how much I missed this show until it came back.

Also, Queen Consolidated has crappy security.

Well the Starling working class tends to live in the Glades, so...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does Moira know? I can't remember if she found out or not last season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man it is really easy to get around in a hood in Starling City. No wonder Ollie chose that costume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, Dig and Felicity were ready to go on that one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hollis posted:

What's up with the vocal thing. Also neat how they have started introducing him you know not brutally murdering people. I like how this season is suppose to be him turning into Green Arrow and shedding the ruthless murderer thing.

He has a voice changer necklace or something. He had it last season too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

My first thought when the blonde-wigged fighter showed up was that it was supposed to be Summer Glau's character. But if that's Laurel, that probably makes a lot more sense and explains some of her attitude and actions in the episode.

It's not Laurel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

I don't think that is Laurel, actually. Someone posted in the thread earlier, it sounds like the Black Canary is a separate actress - and, thus, probably a separate character. Here's the quote:

It's not her now. She still will be eventually. The current one is...

Second part in a different spoiler, just to be sure you want to know before you hover. All this stuff was mentioned freely in interviews, but I know some went into blackout mode

Sarah, the sister.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hi liter posted:

Rope arrow is awesome. Arrow does a great job of embracing the absurdities and cheesiness of superhero media.

Also, rope arrow is one step closer to boxing glove arrow!

And guaranteed non-lethal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wolvorine posted:

I poo poo you not that was the first moment of this entire show's run so-far that broke my suspension of disbelief. Not in any game-breaking way, just enough to make me step back and go "aww man" sadly. But then Ollie eventually got suited-up and using a bow as a melee weapon and I was fully happy again. :)

Yeah, that was like a pull chain on some window blinds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speedy is an archer that has no speed related powers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Canary's hair color and whether she uses a wig or not has gone through a ton of iterations too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hollis posted:

I think the original always wore a wig. Black Canary is super important to the Green Arrow mythos so they really don't need to gently caress it up.

She did, yeah. She had dark hair, and wore a blonde wig.

Sometimes its been blonde hair, and wearing a dark wig when not in costume.

Not really a retcon either way though, since she can just dye her hair and buy a new wig whenever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There actually is one more coming.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Torrannor posted:

Really? Who?

Amanda Waller is going to be played by the second Naevia.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fat Amanda Waller isn't allowed to be used anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you have that face blindness disorder?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His plan didn't succeed.

It wasn't just level the Glades, there was a whole profit thing going. Dying kind of means he failed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Here's a clear pic of Black Canary:
http://i.imgur.com/i0oJHlE.jpg
Pretty clearly not Kate Cassidy.

The casting rumors weren't wrong. Black Canary is being played by a different actress, but Laurel most likely takes over when that characters dies (or whatever happens to them.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hero names with colors in them like that are silly in a world without other heroes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're allowed. They don't want to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Episode 1 stuff in the Previously On. Weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have a feeling this (presumably Jason) Blood isn't going to be very similar to his comic counterpart.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, did they give him a first name? I only heard Alderman each time.

He's probably not going to be a vampire with Christ power though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

This is great stuff here.

It's too bad her reasoning is basically "I hate you because you didn't save one person instead of trying to save thousands."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

I can't stand him. "Oh, Ollie didn't show up to my rich prick social event, he hates the poors! :qqsay:"

That's not what happened. His plan was to crucify him all along, that just made it easier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well there's a cliffhanger...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

Who says you are supposed to like Lurel right now? Or that she'll stay a protagonist? They aren't bound by the comic book origin of her name to keep her an ally or turn her into Black Canary. Assuming it's all set in stone is kinda weird to me.

Nobody is assuming. It is set in stone.

• Locked thread