Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Post
  • Reply
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

Who? Me?


ANNIHILATION
The universe is relatively peaceful. The kree, skrulls and shi'ar are at war with basically everyone. The Nova Corps keeps the peace. Galactus eats the occasional planet. Business as usual for those of a cosmic bent.

Well, nothing lasts forever.


GODTHAB OMEGA
A dustball planet at the far end of the Andromeda galaxy, Godthab Omega is the sort of place where you go to forget, or get forgotten. Ruled by the Graces - a collection of powerful women from all corners of the universe - outcasts from the kree, the skrulls, the shi'ar, and pretty much every other known race gather here to be with their own kind and engage in constant low-level skirmishes with everybody else.

There's a special effect at play on Godthab Omega which gives everyone the Clouded Judgement distinction. Also, if a fight presents itself and you dive in without thinking, I get a d6 for the Doom Pool. If you don't dive in without thinking, you take d6 mental stress. Something wants you all scrappin'.

Amadeus Cho: In a Crater in Abyss City
On the plus side, the AIM spacecraft worked. It worked extremely well, all things considered, whisking Cho and Kirby through the depths of space at a respectable superluminal velocity. It even had the sort of sophisticated sensors on board that allowed it to track the particle trail left by the Hulk's shuttle, which meant that it was a pretty boring few days playing fetch around the inside of a yellow tin can until the particle trail veered suddenly from its predictable trajectory and cut a direct line to this place. Despite its unassuming appearance, the Hulk - or Banner - wanted something on this planet.

On the less fortunate side, the automatic landing system seemed unconcerned with anything which might be in its way - such as the sprawling mess known as Abyss City, which it decided was a perfect place for a destructive earthfall. There were a few panicked moments of rewiring and recoding, some emergency thrusters and a thankfully robust set of seat straps, and the spacecraft managed to plough a line right down a clear street and into the side of a cantina without significantly hurting a single living soul.

Exiting the space craft confirmed several thoughts Amadeus had had time to think on the way down:
  • The atmosphere is human-breathable, more or less.
  • The tin can won't fly again without serious repairs.
  • It's really yellow.
  • The natives have noticed his descent. (Poss. related to point 3??)

A group of pink-skinned kree have emerged from nearby buildings, breather masks on, armed with assorted weaponry. Upon seeing that the space craft has only a single occupant, their leader steps forward.

"This is kree territory you've wrecked, earthling," he snarls. He gestures with his gun. "Since you've been kind enough to deliver us an almost-complete spacecraft we'll let you off this once. Now get running before I change my mind."

Thor: In a Cantina-Turned-Crater in Abyss City
You know, this planet isn't such a bad place to lie low. No cosmic threats. No time travel. No ancient enemies or shadowy beings controlling everything. Just a ready supply of tolerable drink and plentiful fighting should a god of thunder want to keep in practice. It's been a pretty relaxing vacation, all told.

Of course, nothing lasts forever. A few weeks ago there was that thing with the shuttle crash out in the wilderness and wild stories of an unstoppable beast that had escaped the debris. A few hunting expeditions had gone looking for it, but they either returned empty-handed or didn't return at all.

And just ten seconds ago a garish yellow spacecraft ripped out most of the wall of the cantina where he was enjoying a quiet drink, only to disgorge an Earth teenager and a small canine! It doesn't take long for the kree to start menacing, and at least one other power bloc is going to make a claim for the crashed ship in the next few minutes - that's just life on Godthab Omega.

I don't know if Thor and Cho have met at this point in the timeline, so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide if you're strangers or not.


XANDAR
The planet Xandar was shattered long ago by the weaponry of the luphomoid general Zorr - now a collection of domed habitats hang glittering in space, preserving the last of Xandar in its old orbit and serving as the central bastion of the agents of justice known as the Nova Corps.

Here there is justice, order, and peace.

Galacta: Somewhere In Space
A brief pulse of something out in the cold dark ripples across Galacta's cosmic senses, distracting her from her contemplations. It's curious - a power like, yet unlike the power cosmic, with a chaser of something older. Primordial, almost.

With attention, her senses reveal finer detail. The shining domes of Xandar in the background, alive with the pulsing energy of the Worldmind. And in the foreground the prison ship Lamplight, packed full of the alien Brood, venting atmosphere and flailing xenoforms from its hull as a figure shrouded in a weird unlight halo forcibly changes its course.

Another pulse of that strange energy comes from within, and the ship's fusion engines ignite, turning it into a giant missile pointed directly at the domes of Xandar, laden with voracious biological killing machines.

That's not good.

Deadpool: The Prison Ship Lamplight
It's like a guy can't even take a nap any more. All the sirens and flashing red lights and robot voices going 'Warning! Warning! Hull critical!'

Suddenly your cell door slides open with a clang as the PA system crackles to life. Across the block you can see other cells opening, releasing big red Alien-looking things, all teeth and claws and waving stingers. A few of the other cells have got more humanoid occupants; they're all running away from the aliens.

"All prisoners 'ave been released!" comes a voice over the intercom, sounding a lot like you doing an impression of an 8-year old girl from London. Whoever she is, she isn't the captain. He would never knowingly use an exclamation mark in a sentence. "We'll be landin' face-first on Xandar in just a couple of minutes - bon appetit to the survivors!"

Those aliens are called the Brood, you know. They inject their eggs into mutants in order to create offspring with mutant powers - like healing factors! Man, the Brood hive would just love to catch a guy with a healing factor and turn him into an egg incubator.

...wait.


AKS'LO
The planet of Aks'lo is an important one in the fragmented skrull empire. Originally shaped as a pleasure world, it remains a verdant paradise of carefully tended wildernesses, artful gardens, and spacious buildings in white stone flanking wide avenues and plazas decorated with sculpture. It's a beautiful place, popular with skrulls and other races alike, overseen by the Baroness S'Bak - a calculating skrull warlord known for her aversion to risk and ruthlessness when dealing with enemies. Everyone is welcome here, if they keep the peace and pay the price.

Karolina: A Fancy Garden Party
The last place you really want to be is back in skrull space - majesdanians aren't exactly persona grata around here right now - but it turns out the internal politics of the skrull empire are a complex tangle of threads, at least some of which Xavin can and will pull for your benefit. She thought that you'd like the gardens of Aks'lo - and it is beautiful - all you have to do is put in the occasional appearance at diplomatic events like this, and for the rest of the time this whole planet is yours to explore.

Talking your ear off at the moment is a short skrull geneticist named Cor'Gt, unsubtly probing you for information about majesdanian physiology. You try to catch Xavin's eye and signal for rescue but she's busy talking to the baroness.

And then you become aware of a shifting in the ground beneath your feet. The trees begin to sway despite the absence of wind, and a murmur starts to run through the party. You grew up in California - you know what the start of an earthquake feels like - but the skrulls seem to be confused.

"How curious," Cor'gt says, watching the liquid in his crystal goblet ripple. "Do you think this is part of the entertainments?"

Jol'Ynne: The Same Fancy Garden Party
The majesdanians aren't commonly found outside their home system; the presence of one here on Aks'lo is a prime opportunity for scientists like you to get a close-up look at their unusual powers. Your working group has pulled some strings to get you an invite to this fancy event, but by the time you've negotiated the expected mingling and small talk Prince Xavin's betrothed has been cornered by that schma'ag Cor'gt, almost certainly on the same mission as you are.

It takes you a moment to realise your sudden unsteadiness isn't down to your drink, or your formal clothes, or even something psychological: the ground is in fact moving beneath your feet - and that's wrong. When Aks'lo was chosen to be paradise its tectonic plates were anchored, fused and vented; there hasn't been an earthquake here in a thousand years.

Whatever's going on here, it's not supposed to be.


THE KYLN
A series of interconnected spheres built along the edge of the expanding universe - known as the Crunch - the Kyln serves as a maximum-security prison, a massive power generator, and a site of holy pilgrimage for countless cosmic religions. On the outside of the spheres settlements cater to pilgrims, locals and visitors alike. On the inside, the prisoners have formed a brutal society of their own. And at the heart of each sphere an AI monitor keeps its unsleeping eyes on the prisoners and manages the energy cascade, transmitting Crunch energy to neighbouring star systems.

Ronan: Kyln Energy Moon 8a
Stepping through the Omega Corps teleportal, Ronan takes in the atmosphere of Moon 8a. Buildings are piled one on top of the other however the limited structural materials can hold them, forming a three-dimensional warren populated entirely by criminal scum. Nearby a gang of hard-faced creatures, all fur and muscle and rending teeth, return to loitering after seeing the newest arrival isn't some fresh meat convict but an armed and potent visitor. A priest of the Kyln, some skinny reptilian race, preaches from on top of a wall nearby - the usual 'behold the glory of the universe and repent' spiel.

But nowhere in sight is the one-eyed kymellian cyberneticist that Ronan seeks. The last surviving witness from his 'trial', Blackmane is the key to clearing his name of these false accusations of treason and restoring his rightful position among the kree - but he's going to have to look for him.

A blue-skinned humanoid female approaches. She is hairless, armed with a bow and a sword - devices which would normally be harmless anachronisms, but which in the technologically limited Kyln are eminently practical.

"Need a guide, master kree?" she asks. Her kree is pidgin, enhanced by Ronan's translator. "I can show you anywhere on this moon if you've got aught to trade."

Mysterio: Elsewhere on Kyln Energy Moon 8a
It was a relatively peaceful wake cycle on the Kyln - just one killing so far - when Blackmane, a horse-headed humanoid with an ovious cybernetic prosthesis in place of his missing eye, barges into Mysterio's presence.

"You've got to hide me." It's halfway between a plea and a demand. "He's here, and we're not ready yet."

Thing is, you owe Blackmane - he built the universal translator now installed in your suit, and his treatment purged the monitor nanites from your system, which means you can do whatever you like without fear of being paralysed by pain - but he's also the one with the top-secret breakout plan. All you had to do was hide his secret lab from the prying eyes of the Omega Corps - child's play! - and you were in.

"Come on," Blackmane says. "He's going to kill me, and then how are you going to get out of here? I'm the one with the plan, remember?"


Doom: 4d6

Starting everybody off in separate locations! This can only go well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

Deadpool - Onboard the Prisonship Lamplight
Solo d8, 1pp, 0xp
Stress: P0 M0 S0
Trauma: P0 M0 S0


potatocubed posted:

Man, the Brood hive would just love to catch a guy with a healing factor and turn him into an egg incubator.

...wait.

Doom: 4d6

Little Yellow Box posted:

Oh man, when he said he wanted to see us eaten by bugs I didn't think he was being literal.
Shuddup.

Hmmmm...How to start

Little Yellow Box posted:

Fourscore and seven yea-
no.

Little Yellow Box posted:

War. War never cha-
No.

Little Yellow Box posted:

A long time ago in a Galaxy-
NO!

Little Yellow Box posted:

Space. The final frontier...
Better. Things look bad, creepy little british girls are always a big flashing neon sign of impending apocalypse. It looks like high time to Skeedaddle! Crouching low, Deadpool begings sneaking his way toward the aft end of the ship, the sounds of screaming in a hundred languages echoing down the corridor. Ah, they're playing my song.

DP is going to try and sneak his way to an airlock, and a space suit if possible. (I think I did this right, oh god what am I doing?)
Solo d8
The best at doing what Wolverine does d8
Enhanced Agility d10
Covert Master d10
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?: 2#1d8 4 1
2#1d10 1 2
6 with(d4 effect) (I'm so boned )
TAGGING THE BROOD


MY DATAFILE DO NOT STEAL posted:

DEADPOOL
Wade "Space Oddity" Wilson



Affiliation:
Solo D8 Buddy D10 Team D6

Distinctions:
Merc With a Mouth
The Best At Doing Whatever It Is Wolverine Does
Cosmic Pain In The rear end

Power Sets:
Look Ma, I'm Cancer!
Godlike Stamina D12
Durability D10
Enhanced Strength D8
Enhanced Agility D10

SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma by -1.
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore telepathy or mind control.
SFX: Little Yellow Boxes. If your Affiliation dice for an action is a D8 or lower you may borrow a D10 or lower from the doom pool, step it up +1, use it as an asset on that action, and return the dice to the doom pool.
SFX: Breaking the Fourth Wall. When one of your opportunities is activated to add a d6 to the doom pool, replace it with a d4. Spend 1 PP to do this to an existing d6 in the doom pool.
Limit: Ow! Change any Look Ma, I'm Cancer! power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.
Limit: Unstable. Step up mental stress to gain 1 PP.


Needs More Dakka!
Weapon D10
Teleport D8

SFX: Surprise! In a pool including a Needs More Dakka! Power, replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step.
SFX: BangBangBangBangBang! As Area Attack, add a D6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
SFX: Oops, Sword in Your Guts. Add a D6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool by -1. Step up Physical Stress by +1.
SFX: Indiscriminate. Instead of spending 1 PP, add D6 to the doom pool to create a Needs More Dakka! stunt.
SFX: Two At The Same Time! On your next action or reaction, replace a Weapon die with 2d8.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown Needs More Dakka! And gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover gear.

Specialties:
Acrobatic Expert D8
Combat Master D10
Covert Master D10
Crime Expert D8
Menace Expert D8

Milestones:
Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game
1XP when you make Deadpool either help another character activate one of their Milestone triggers or prevent them from doing so, while referencing the Milestone by name.
3XP when your antics put 2D12 in the doom pool, and they are used to end the scene in a way that is ridiculous or painful for Deadpool.
10XP when you either help another player reach their Milestone, or get torn to pieces attempting to prevent them from doing so.

NEVER CAN TELL…
1 XP when you first use your Unstable Limit in any Scene.
3 XP when you alter your pattern of insane joking to say something lucid, smart, and logical in the midst of super heroic chaos and weirdness.
10 XP when you arbitrarily switch sides in a conflict or reject a reasonable and attractive offer to remain with your allies.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2013 around 15:36

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Jol'Ynne - The Shakedown

When the shaking starts, Jol'Ynne is half-way through forming a plan to disguise herself as a waitress and spill a drink on Cor'gt to move him away from the target. This new development makes things much simpler.

She strides confidently and relatively-stumble free towards Karolina and introduces herself quietly with some made-up credentials. The geneticist is ignored.
"Jol'ynne. High threat response. We don't want to start a panic, but this is /not/ part of the entertainment and if you have a security detail they are doing an excellent job of blending in. It might be a good idea to move quietly towards the exits. There are at least fifty powered individuals capable of this, and any number of devices, none of them good news."
Well, maybe to scan for later...

quote:

Jol'Ynne

PP: 2
XP: 8
Physical Stress: D10
Mental Stress:
Emotional Stress:


Affiliations
Solo 1d8 Buddy 1d6 Team 1d10
Scientists share information, and Skrull work well in teams, or other command structures. But in pairs, they spend more time watching out for betrayal, and plotting their own.

Distinctions
Proud Skrull Scientist
The Skrull empire is mighty, the oldest still alive in the Universe, it's said. But they aren't the best at making friends...

Observe and Adapt
It's how the Skrull have operated for centuries. But it can be slow work, and hard to respond to sudden changes.

We're (ac)counting on you
Everyone wants to see the Annihilation Wave stopped before it can reach the Skrull. But if the Project isn't working, the resources will go elsewhere. Somewhere that gets results.

Powersets
SKRULL
Enhanced Stamina D8
Growth D6
Shapeshifting D10
Shrinking D6

SFX: Versatile. Replace Shapeshifting die with 2d8 or 3d6 on your next roll.
Limit: Mercurial Temperament. Gain a PP to step up emotional stress from taunts or insults.

SCIENTIST
Cybernetic Senses d10
Enhanced Durability d8
Mimic d8

SFX: Experimental Settings. Step up or double any Scientist power for one action. If that action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of that power die.
SFX: Better Living Through Science. When making a Cosmic or Science resource on an opportunity, step that resource up and recover emotional or mental stress equal to die size.
SFX: Power Mimicry Apparatus. When mimicking a power you have previously observed in use, step up the effect die.
Limit: Unstable Effect. When using a mimicked power as an asset, you are subject to all Limits of the power set the power came from.
Limit: A Scientist Is Only as Good as Her Tools. Shutdown Scientist to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover Scientist.


Specialties
Cosmic Master D10
Science Master D10
Tech Master D10
Covert Expert D8
Medical Expert d8

Milestones
Observe...
1 XP when you learn something new about the powers of another.
3 XP when you use your Medical or Tech specialties to create an asset or complication based on things you have observed about someone.
10 XP when you make use of a terrible secret you have uncovered, or when you destroy your work in order to prevent others from discovering the same thing.

...And Adapt
1 XP when you use Mimic against a target you have never Mimicked before.
3 XP when you use Shapeshift to infiltrate an enemy location.
10 XP when you betray your allies to maintain your cover, or when you endanger yourself by breaking cover in order to aid them.


------------------------------------------

"This isn't easy to say.

My name is Jol'ynne. I have been given a mission by the Skrull High Overlords, near enough a mandate from the Emperor. It is to seek out weapons, power sources, assets, anything to use against the Annihilation Wave.

I may not have met you before, but I know you by reputation. At least... some of you. And if you stand with those I do know, then it stands to reason you are their equals.

The Wave is fast approaching inhabited worlds. Worlds with families. Children. And you call yourselves heroes...

You're going to make me say it, aren't you...

The Skrull Empire needs help. Your help. Help from the Shi'ar, the Humans, and yes, the Kree and more. There, I said it.

And if you think you can wait for the wave to pass us, and have one less rival for galactic domination, well... the Wave will be coming for you. And you won't have an army of Skrull to help stop it.

I shall not interfere with your plans. I shall be along to observe and assist. to identify assets, and ways they could aid the coming war. I shall require a laboratory, and can provide all manner of scientific aid, and support in reconnaissance, intelligence gathering and confrontation."

------------------------------------------

Tall, green, and a chin with several clefts, Jol'ynne is a Skrull. Her outward apperance carries little, and is dressed in a purple and black uniform with no pockets.

Her inward appearance is quite another thing. Instead of pockets, she has used her shapeshifting to carry around a toolbox of items inside herself, mostly various complicated or disposable tools. The simple ones can be mimicked with shapeshifting. Her right arm, head and upper body are taken up by a complex cybernetic implant.

Well, implant is probably the wrong word. There was no surgery involved in installing it, Jol'ynne uses Skrull shapeshifting to install it, and remove it for maintenance and upgrades. And, being Skrull technology, it shapeshifts with her and her uniform when properly fitted.

Elfface fucked around with this message at Dec 16, 2013 around 21:54

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART


Amadeus Cho: In a Crater in Abyss City

His eyes narrowed in the instant it took him to consider the scene, there was tension here and the shock of an unidentified spacecraft barging in with possibly still-hot engines and weapons had a lot of people still bunkered down in case things got worse. The pink guy in front though, he was definitely the big dog in the yard. Or at least the biggest dog around, which amounted to the same thing. You never turn your back on a big dog.

"Oh crap. I mean ah," he coughed and continued in what he hoped was his deepest and most impressive voice.

"I'm here to do two things! Kick rear end, and find the Incredible Hulk. Now, how are you going to help me find the Incredible Hulk? Keep in mind, my fusion cannons are rigged to blow at any drat time."

I'll try to create a complication against the leader of the Kree there, SCARY rear end FUSION CANNONS RIGGED TO BLOW and use my Brilliant Troublemaker SFX to add a d6/step up the effect. Oh crap.

Solo 8=4, Hyper focused d8= 4, Superhuman senses d8=3, Psych Expert d8=5, Bonus from SFX d6 =2 4+5 = 9 d10 stepped up to d12 effect.


Puppies are dicks posted:




Amadeus had always been too clever for his own good. First it was smart alecking his teachers, his guidance counselors, and bullies at any and all of the special academies he'd gone to. Then it was sass-mouthing his parents, who only really wanted what was best for him after all. But the biggest mistake he ever clevered himself into was that damned Excello Soap intelligence contest. He took it on a lark, just to see how far his smarts could go and what he got back for it was nothing good. A dead family, a blown up house, hunted by shady criminal organizations and probable MiB dudes alike, the only hero figure who ever did him any kind of good was the Incredible Hulk, who as it turned out was actually a misunderstood and hunted genius just like Amadeus.

He'd always wanted to do the Hulk a good turn for saving him that time in Utah, and when his advanced webcrawlers and pattern recognition software picked up some idle chatter between a defunct Stark Industries Satellite and the Baxter building he barely gave it any though before hacking into the feed to see what was up as he ate his crappily reheated convenience store breakfast burrito. Reed Richards and Tony Stark had gotten together and decided to shoot the Hulk into space, exiling him from humanity forever, those bastards! Obviously this was a crime for which there must be a reasonable and just answer. He wiped away the smudge of congealed fried beans and licked his thumb as he eyed the AIM science lab in the distance.

Amadeus Cho would go into space and rescue the Incredible Hulk.

Solo d8 Buddy d10 Team d6

Distinctions:
Hyper-Focused
Mastermind Excello
Seventh Smartest Person on Earth

Power Sets:
QUANTUM PROBABILITY AWARENESS
d10 Superhuman Senses
SFX: Best Pal. Spend 1 PP to step up or double your Affiliation die when making a support action.
SFX: Brilliant Troublemaker. When creating complications, add a d6 and step up your effect die.
SFX: I Know I’m Right. If your pool includes Hyper-focused, step up or double any die in that roll. If your action generates an opportunity, add an additional die to the doom pool equal to your effect die.
SFX: Not a Problem. If your pool includes QUANTUM PROBABILITY AWARENESS, spend 1 PP to borrow a die from the doom pool for that roll. Then step back that doom die and return it to the doom pool.
Limit: Gotta Feed the Brain. Shutdown QUANTUM PROBABILITY AWARENESS to gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity to recover QUANTUM PROBABILITY AWARENESS.
Limit: Kirby, the Coyote. Change Superhuman Senses into a complication to gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

Specialties:
d8 Cosmic Expert
d8 Psych Expert
d10 Science Master
d10 Tech Master

NOVA PRIME
Godlike Stamina d12
Godlike Strength d12
Gravimetric Blast d10
Psychic Resistance d10
Space Flight d12
Superhuman Durability d10
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Superhuman Speed d10
Teleport d12

SFX: Absorption. On a successful reaction against an energy-based attack action, convert opponent’s effect die into a Nova Prime stunt or step up a Nova Prime power until used in an action. If opponent’s action succeeds, spend a PP to use this SFX.
SFX: Gravimetric Pulse. Step up and double Gravimetric Blast for one action, and then shutdown Gravitmetric Blast. Recover with an opportunity.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Nova Centurion power die to your pool. Step back each Nova Centurion power die in your pool once for each die beyond the
first.
SFX: Worldmind Access. Spend 1 PP to gain a specialty at Master for this roll, or step up a resource until the end of the current Action Scene.
Limit: Nova Force Reserves. Shutdown any Nova Prime power to gain a PP. Activate an opportunity to recover that power.
Limit: Stargate Activation. After the first time Teleport is used in an Action Scene, shutdown Teleport. Recover during a Transition Scene or with an opportunity.

Milestones:

Milestone: It Is Critical You Pay Attention at this Time
1 XP when you first use the Worldmind’s expertise in a Scene.
3 XP when you ignore the Worldmind’s instructions or argue with it.
10 XP when you get the Supernova complication and either go on a destructive rampage when it exceeds d12 or regain control by removing the complication.

SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
1 XP when you explain a piece of technology.
3 XP when you produce an asset or resource using Tech Master or Grandmaster.
10 XP when you invent something that will change the universe for the better, or one of your inventions becomes a major threat to the universe.

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at Apr 7, 2014 around 22:39

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

What's happening here?!?!


The Mighty THOR: In the Smoking Ruins of a Cantina in a Crater in Abyss City
Solo d10, 1pp, 0 Stress, 0 xp, Condition Normal (a little hungry)


The God of Thunder looked up from his spilled drink with a snarl, glancing through the destroyed wall of the cantina toward the downed AIM ship that a teenaged human and his canine companion were standing upon, surrounded by a task force of Kree.

Thor didn't much care about the spaceship, other than his drink was spilled and he was enjoying it, but since Godthab Omega was the sort of place for cast-offs and n'er-do-wells, it would likely be a bad thing to allow a bunch of exiled Kree access to AIM technology.

Even when I am free from Midgard, the enemies of peace would plague me from hence! he mused to himself as he got to his feet and stormed toward the scene. He freed Mjolnir from it's belt loop and started swinging it as he approached, the alien sky ahead quickly darkening to a stormy and thunderous cloud as The Son of Odin made his presence known to the Kree and the Earthling alike.

"Ho, travelers! Thou dost disturb the repast of THOR! But The God of Thunder is just, and thou art fortunate! Flee now while thoust can, and I shall spare thee the wrath of Asgard!" His voice boomed in harmony with the thunderous, overcast sky, shrouding his features in malice as Mjolnir twirled above his head.

Solo+God of Thunder+Weather Influence+Weather Supremacy+Menace Master = 12 with a d10 effect to scare the Kree mooks into backing off.



quote:


THOR
Thor Odinson (public)
Solo d10 Buddy d6 Team d8

Distinctions
God of Thunder
Legendary Ego
Righteous Warrior

SON OF ASGARD
d8 Enhanced Reflexes
d8 Enhanced Senses
d8 Enhanced Speed
d12 Godlike Stamina
d12 Godlike Strength
d8 Mystic Resistance
d10 Superhuman Durability
d6 Weather Influence
SFX Immune: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from disease or fatigue
SFX Invulnerability: Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress or trauma results unless caused by mystical attacks.
SFX Second Wind: Before you make an action including a SON OF ASGARD power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and double the SON OF ASGARD power for this action.
Limit Thunderer's Guilt: Step up emotional stress caused by guilt or the suffering of those you have sworn to protect to gain 1 PP.

MJOLNIR
d8 Expert Sorcery
d12 Godlike Durability
d10 Supersonic Flight
d10 Teleportation
d10 Weapon
d12 Weather Supremacy
SFX Anti-Force: On a successful reaction against an energy-based attack, add a doom die equal to the reaction effect die to inflict your attacker's effect die against your attacker.
SFX Area Attack: Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX I Say Thee Nay!: Double or step up a MJOLNIR power for your next action, then step back that power. Activate an opportunity or participate in a Transition Scene to recover that power.
Limit Gear: Shutdown MJOLNIR to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover MJOLNIR.

SPECIALTIES
d8 Combat Expert
d8 Cosmic Expert
d8 Medical Expert
d10 Menace Master
d8 Mystic Expert
d8 Psych Expert

MILESTONES
LAST, BEST HOPE FOR PEACE
Eons of galactic strife have lead to many intergalactic enemies, but only you can bring them together to fight the Annihilation Wave.

1 XP when you tell someone unfriendly that you only want to talk.
3 XP when you forge an alliance between two sides in conflict.
10 XP when you break an alliance to declare war, or when the alliance is broken by war being declared on you.

THE MIGHTY AVENGER
1 XP when you remark to a villain with a d12 in a Power Set that he is weak and choose him as your singular foe, a battle that will ring through the Nine Realms.
3 XP when you first use Second Wind SFX to recover from stress your chosen villain caused you.
10 XP when you either deal the blow that causes your chosen villain to be soundly defeated or see one of your allies deal that blow, pledging to sing of their mighty valor in the halls of Asgard

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2014 around 15:47

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.


Ronan the Accuser Tourist
Solo D10, No Stress, 1 PP, 0 XP

Ronan quickly took stock of the alien. Possibly Kree, but degenerate if so. Still, at least she tried to speak civilized language, however imperfectly, and was polite enough... if presumptuous asking the Chief Accuser for payment.

Ex-Chief Accuser. That still stung. An arc of energy briefly played along the handle of the Ultimate Weapon in response. No, no time for anger or regret. He had work to do and that, however distasteful, may include hiring a guide until he got his bearings on this foreign moon.

"I may have some small need for a guide," Ronan said carefully. "This place changes often and many things once known become hidden on return. I have some interest in hidden things, as a matter of fact. For the right guide, helping me find such things can be very rewarding."

OOC: Let me know if I need to roll anything here!

quote:



RONAN THE ACCUSER
Ronan (Public)
D10 Solo D8 Buddy D6 Team

Distinctions:
Kree Supremacist
Wandering Exile
You Stand Accused!

RENEGADE ACCUSER
D8 Enhanced Reflexes
D12 Godlike Strength
D8 Invisibility
D10 Superhuman Durability
D10 Superhuman Stamina
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, and complications from heat, cold, radiation, pressure, or vacuum.
SFX: Judgment. Step up or double a Crime Master asset or resource for an action. If the roll fails, move the asset or resource to the doom pool at its normal value.
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Renegade Accuser power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Renegade Accuser power for this action.
Limit: Cybernetically Enhanced Armor. Shutdown Invisibility and step back Godlike Strength to gain a PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.
Limit: Kree Patriot. Step up emotional stress inflicted from the Kree government or populace to gain 1 PP.

UNIVERSAL WEAPON
D10 Cosmic Mastery
D10 Energy Blast
D10 Supersonic Flight
D10 Transmutation
D10 Weapon
SFX: Absorption. On a successful reaction against an energy-based attack action, convert your opponent’s effect die into a Universal Weapon stunt or step up a Universal Weapon power until used in an action. If your opponent’s action succeeds, spend 1 PP to use this SFX.
SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Universal Weapon power die to your pool. Step back each Universal Weapon power die in your pool once for each die beyond the first.
SFX: Universal Forces. When including Cosmic Mastery in a roll to create assets or complications, remove the second highest rolling die and step up your effect die.
SFX: Unleashed. Step up or double any Universal Weapon power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of that power die.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown Universal Weapon to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover Universal Weapon.

SPECIALTIES:
D8 Combat Expert
D8 Cosmic Expert
D10 Crime Master
D10 Menace Master

MILESTONES:
Kree Weapon
1 XP when you threaten a criminal with the Universal Weapon.
3 XP when you use Universal Weapon to create a stunt.
10 XP when you either set aside the Universal Weapon to resign as Supreme Accuser, or take on a Kree ally as an apprentice so that they might wield the Universal Weapon in the future.

Supreme Accuser
1 XP when you condescend to or threaten an enemy of the Kree Empire.
3 XP when you create an asset so that an enemy can be brought to Kree justice.
10 XP when you publically execute an alien whose death will cause the Kree to become embroiled in a galactic war, or declare Kree law as unjust, set down your mantle as Supreme Accuser, and adopt the name Ronan the Free. (Which you better believe is going to happen, dammit.)

quote:


RONAN'S SWEET RIDE
Kree Advocate Class Stealth Shuttle

Distinctions
  • Stealthy
  • Maneuverable
  • Precise But Delicate
Kree Stealth Shuttle Array
Omniwave Projection Blast D8
Enhanced Senses D10
Enhanced Reflexes D8
Invisibility D8
Space Flight D12

ibntumart fucked around with this message at Feb 7, 2014 around 07:33

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

The ensmuggenest.

Galacta, Approaching the Prisonship Lamplight
Solo d10, 1PP

As hinted at, once, there was a world named Luphom. The Luphomoids were some of the most feared conquering forces in the galaxy. They were big and blue and built like steamrollers, only with less personality. Hence, nobdy was really sad when Galactus snacked them up.

Some of them were still stranded out in space after their conquering business, though, and figured they'd try getting some revenge. That's when they came to Xandar and decided to try and drain one world-unit of energy to power a weapon to beat Galactus. And that's how Xandar got blown up the first time.



Typical, dad, just eat a planet and leave a messy plate as usual., Galacta muses from afar as she looks over to what remains of Xandar. Still, even after their planet fell to pieces, the minds and genomes of the Xandarians were completely backed up, and they used cloning to recreate their entire speicies? If I could get them to pump out some bodies, minus their ethically-inconvenient intellects, then it's all nosh from there. I wonder what they taste like?

A roll of her eyes, and she sighs as realism starts to settle in. But then- "Oh, hey, Worldmind, mind redirecting some of that Nova Power to fire babies into my ravening cosmic maw?" That'll go over well- Her cosmic awareness, though, twigs to the planet-smashing effort. - well. We can't have you doing that, mystery vil., she thinks with some annoyance. A brief flare of cosmic energy from her armor, and she launches off as a tiny blur in space, arcing towards the scene of the disaster at barely-perceptible speeds, at least for most. "Gosh, Gali, thanks for saving Xandar! Please take all the vat-grown baby treats you need as our thanks!", she dreams for a picosecond or two. Then, her eyes flare as she focuses back on reality, rapidly approaching the runaway ship.

-----

Trying to come up quietly and quickly enough to surprise whoever's trying to send the spaceship on a crash course. Rolling Solo + Godlike Reflexes + Covert Expert to try and built an asset to use - Surprise! The effect roll is 17, and marking the d12 as the asset die. Edit: I guess that includes an opportunity on the d12? I'm not sure how that works for asset rolls.

pre:
Galacta, Daughter of Galactus



Affiliations: 	Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6

Distinctions:	- Daughter of the Devourer
		- Emotionally Volatile
		- Unlikely Guardian

Power Sets	Power Cosmic

		Cosmic Blast d12	Cosmic Supremacy d12
		Cosmic Senses d12	Godlike Durability d12
		Godlike Reflexes d12	Godlike Stamina d12
		Godlike Strength d12	Shapeshifting d10
		Space Flight d12	Telepathy d10
		Teleport d12		Transmutation d10

		SFX:	Consume. If your attack action against
			organic targets includes Cosmic Blast, add a
 			d6 and step up the effect die.

		SFX:	Cosmic Technology. When using the Power Cosmic
 			to create assets, add a d6 and step up the 
			effect die.

		SFX:	Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress or 
			trauma from heat, cold, radiation, pressure, or 
			vacuum.

		SFX:	Invulnerability. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical
			stress or trauma unless caused by magic.

		SFX:	Multipower. Add more than one Power Cosmic
 			die to a pool. Step back each Power Cosmic power
 			die in that pool once for each die beyond the
 			first.

		Limit:	Local Cover. Shapechanging can only be used
			to alter her sentient species and clothing.

		Limit:	Cosmic Hunger. Step back all Power Cosmic
			powers by one step to gain 1 PP. Activate
 			an opportunity to recover.

		Limit:	Issues! Step up mental or emotional
 			stress, trauma, or complications relating to her
 			self-worth or powers to gain 1 PP.

		Limit:	Interstellar Travel. Teleport may only be
 			used across interstellar or intergalactic
 			distances.

Specialties	Combat Expert d8	Cosmic Master d10
		Covert Expert d8	Science Master d10
		Tech Master d10

Milestones	Rebellious Teenager-Equivalent

		1 XP	when you comment or tweet flippantly
 			regarding cosmic or alien matters.

		3 XP	when you resolve a planet-threatening crisis.

		10 XP	when you oppose your father directly for
 			the galactic good or aid your father for the
 			galactic good.

		Godlike Cosmic Omnivore

		1 XP	when you discuss your eating habits or the
	 		gastronomic qualities of a particular species.

		3 XP	when you consume biomass while still
	 		conforming to your strict standards of ethics and
	 		sustainability.

		10 XP	when you find a way to resolve your hunger
	 		issues in the long-term without your father's
	 		aid, or turn to your father in desperation for
	 		help.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Oct 3, 2013 around 21:52

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009



Karolina Dean, Aks'lo
Solo d6, 0 Stress, 1 PP, 0 XP

All things considered, the ground suddenly rumbling was a momentary blessing for Karolina. Cor'Gt had spent the last twenty minutes not letting her out of his sight and continually pestering her with leading questions and any inward ideas on how to escape had proven futile. She couldn't outright give him any information because a) she just seemed like a really colorful human from her own observations and it's not as if she had time on Majesdan to take an anatomy class and b) even if she did know anything how the heck could she ever forgive herself if any info she gave ended up being used in the war?

And speaking of the war, it looming around her head made it impossible for Karolina to make any kind of scene or bluntly tell him to leave her alone. The anxiety of being around peaceful fancy-dressed Skrulls blew but it was still preferable to having any number of guns pointed at her. The second Cor'Gt gave her an opening she was going to bail, steal Xavin along with half the dessert table and find a quiet place to relax.

Of course, life gives her a different opening than she was planning on. "Don't think it's entertainment, feels more like an earthquake. Looks like one too." she said in a bored tone, looking in the direction of the clattering table nearest them. Suddenly another Skrull struts right up to them despite the rumblings and says something about 'high threat' and 'security detail'. Uh-oh.

"Oh geez, what?" She looked over to Xavin over at the other side of the party whose own eyes kept switching between darting around trying to figure out what's going on and keeping an eye on Karolina. "Let me get my betrothed and we'll follow you out of here." Karolina let her feet leave the floor and hovered a foot off the ground to more easily grab Xavin's attention and subtly let her know it's a little more urgent than a nosy scientist as she waved her arm towards her and Jol'Ynne.

quote:


KAROLINA DEAN
Solo d6 Buddy d10 Team d8

DISTINCTIONS
Earthling Among Us
Betrothed to Xavin
Teen Insecurity

MAJESDANIAN HERITAGE
d8 Enhanced Durability
d8 Solar Blast
d8 Flight
SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Sunburst. Against a single target, step up or double a Solar Blast die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
SFX: With a Little Help for My Friends. Spend 1 PP to add a MAJESDANIAN HERITAGE power to another character’s dice pool before rolling. If that character takes physical stress, take d6 mental stress.
Limit: Lost My Charge. Shutdown any MAJESDANIAN HERITAGE power to gain 1 PP. Bathe yourself in sunlight for an extended period to recover the power.

SPECIALTIES
d8 Cosmic Expert
d8 Psych Expert

MILESTONES
IN IT TO SAVE LIFES
1 XP when you state the case that all lives are worth saving.
3 XP when you put yourself in direct danger to save someone’s life.
10 XP when you save a life that you know will lead to more death, or you’re forced to take a life to save many others.

PEACEMAKER
1 XP when you talk to a teammate in an effort to head off conflict before it occurs.
3 XP when you aid a teammate during a Transition Scene.
10 XP when you either explode at your teammates, dealing out stress because you’re unable to handle the pressure of keeping the peace, or take trauma as a result of maintaining the peace among your teammates.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008



Mysterio
Solo d10, Stress: none, PP: 1, XP: 1

Mysterio is momentarily startled as Blackmane runs into rambling about how "He" was going to kill him. Mysterio had no idea who "He" was, and didn't really care to be honest, but something about humanoid horse aliens was unsettling. "Calm down, Blackmane, you have nothing to fear. After all, I am the Great Mysterio, and preventing whichever thug is after you from learning where you are shall be an easy task." Reaching back and grabbing his cape, Mysterio pulls it free then pushes a small button and his suit, causing a replacement cape to spring forth. You have no idea how handy that could be.

"If this thug is searching for a Blackmane, then all we have to do is make you look like someone else. For a master sorceror like myself, this is as simple as hiding your lab." Technically the power from that gem isn't actually magic, but close enough. Draping the purple cape over the alien horse, Mysterio makes up a few magic words (presentation is everything), touches the cape with his left hand, and tries to get the fragment of cosmic power he had to change the alien's appearance. Then he uses his other hand to dramatically pull off the cape. To be honest, he has no idea what changes, if any, he made, but what's the worse that could happen?

Using Reality Control to try and change Blackmane's appearance subtly. Fully expect to fail spectacularly.
Solo d10+New to this "Cosmic" Thing d4+Reality Control d6+Psych Expert 2d6
Total: 12, Effect: d6, 2 opportunities thanks to my Uncontrollable Power limit. Giving Blackmane a d6 asset "Changed Appearance" to help him avoid detection by his pursuer.

Also, if this counts as a frivolous trick, then 1 xp from "Of Course I Know What I'm Doing!"


quote:

Mysterio (Quentin Beck)

Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions:
Desperate for Fame
Extremely Theatrical
New to this "Cosmic" Thing

Master of Illusions
Illusions d10
Illusory Duplicates 3d8
Transmutation d8
Reality Control d6

SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 to your pool and keep +1 effect die.
SFX: Fake Out. On a successful attack action against you by someone affected by an illusion-based complication, spend a PP to ignore the effect die and remove a die from your Illusory Duplicates power. Recover Illusory Duplicates after a Transition Scene.
SFX: Convincing Illusions. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting illusion-based complications on a target.
SFX: Remnants of the Infinity Gem. When using Transmutation or Reality Control to create an asset, add a d6 and step up the effect die.
SFX: Surge in Power. Step up or double Transmutation or Reality Control for an action, then add a die to the doom pool equal to your effect die.

Limit: Smoke and Mirrors. If your opponent obtains an extraordinary success when reacting against your illusions, gain 1 PP to deactivate all of your illusion-based resources and assets.
Limit: Uncontrollable Power. If your pool includes Transmutation or Reality Control, both 1s and 2s on your
dice count as opportunities, but only 1s are excluded from being used for totals or effect dice.

New and Improved Suit
Enhanced Durability d8
Gas Emitter d8
Flight d8
Senses d8
Invisibility d8

SFX: Puff of Smoke. Spend a PP to ignore immobilizing complications.
SFX: Knock-Out Gas. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a Getting Sleepy complication on a target.
SFX: Personal Air Supply. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from exposure to vacuum or dangerous gasses.

Limit: Systems Malfunction. If hit with an EMP or electrical attack, shutdown New and Improved Suit to gain 1 PP. Take an action against the Doom Pool or participate in a Transition scene to recover.

Specialties:
Acrobatic Expert
Psych Expert
Menace Expert
Tech Master
Science Master

Milestones:

(Space) Quest for Glory
1 xp: when you introduce yourself in the most over-the-top manner possible.
3 xp: when either someone acknowledges your greatness without being prompted, or when you successfully take revenge for being ignored.
10 xp: when you either save a planet from the Annihilation Wave, or your teammates take trauma because of your rash actions in achieving fame.

"Of Course I Know What I'm Doing!"
1 xp: when you use the Transmutation or Reality Control powers for a frivolous trick.
3 xp: when you add a die to the doom pool due to your Surge in Power SFX.
10 xp: when you either learn humility by asking someone to teach you how to use your powers or even give them up entirely, or take back what is yours and reclaim the Reality Gem.

Astus fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2014 around 01:09

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Jol'Ynne

She watches the Majesdanian float through the crowd with interest, but there'll be time for a proper study later. It may be pure paranoia, but Jol'Ynne suspects the earthquake to be an attack of some sort... but if people start panicking, things will only get worse.

With no sign of a source of the shaking, for now, she looks down at Cor'Gt.
"You're wearing /that/ to a party? I know you don't have much to work with, but short hasn't been in for decades. Try tall and thin next time, the girl might actually look directly at you then."

As well as needling a rival, which is it's own reward, she uses the time to scan him, hidden sensors picking up all they can. She sees the geneticist as her greatest obstacle here, until the earth-shaker reveals itself.

Right, dice for this... and hope I do it right. I'm Solo d8 , using the Observe and Adapt d8 distinction, Cybernetic Senses d10 and Tech Master d10

Scanning: 2d8+2d10 [2d8=3, 6] [2d10=6, 4]

I keep the two 6s for a total of 12, and make the remaining d10 my effect die.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

Who? Me?


I'm activating a whole bunch of opportunities. Net result is that Deadpool, Galacta and Mysterio get +1 PP each and the Doom Pool goes up.

Side Note: Phrases in bold are scene distinctions. You can use them in place of a personal distinction if it's more appropriate.


The Lamplight
The Broodlings oppose Deadpool with Team 4d6 and Known By One, Known By All d8. 10 with a d8 effect and 1 opportunity.

The Brood are a telepathic hive mind, so to be seen by even one will blow Deadpool's cover completely. He slips from shadow to shadow, following the signs to what he hopes is an airlock. Unfortunately, sneaking through a door with his best ninja manner, it becomes apparent that although the alien squiggle resembled an airlock it actually meant 'kitchen'. A kitchen packed with Alien Kitchen Equipment and brown broodlings, their long bodies coiling in the Tight Spaces as they turn to look at the intruder.

After a moment's pause they surge forward as one, stingers waving, their telepathic broadcast 'audible' even to untrained minds.

*Attack! Attack! Capture him for the queen!*

The broodling mob is going for a Partially Paralysed complication by injecting Deadpool with their venom. They have an SFX specifically for this, hence the slightly odd dice pool. Team 4d6, Natural Weapons d8, SFX d6. 9 with a d10 effect.

Side Note: The broodlings are a mob, which means that you treat each 'd6' in their affiliation (four to start with) as a separate target when attacking them. A d8 or greater effect will reduce the affiliation by one. Area attack is your friend here.

Meanwhile, outside in space...

Galacta's 1 is an opportunity, which means you can't use it for totals or effects. So you have a 17 with a d4 effect. Resisting with mysterious assailant: Solo d10, Bull-Headed d4, Cosmic Senses d6. 10 with a d4, so your Surprise! asset succeeds and steps up to d6.

Swooping closer Gali gets a better look at the figure of light - a humanoid male, well-defined in shape to the point of having a trailing fu manchu moustache, but entirely non-biological: a pure energy being whose physical cohesion is bound to the gleaming headband he wears. He manipulates the ship with hard-light constructs - a unique mixture of photo-mesonic energy and dark matter that is new to Gali's senses.

But so far he doesn't seem aware of the presence observing him, instead fine-tuning the aim of the ship-missile even as flares of light from Xandar below mark the firing of Space Defences and the launching of what few Nova Centurions are available.

I'm going to spend Doom to create a Crash! timer complication at d8. This timer gets a go every round just like a bad guy. On its go, it steps up. If it goes past d12, the ship hits Xandar and I am filled with evil glee. It can be stepped back by the usual ways of removing a complication. If it steps back beyond d4 the ship is halted safely.

Also! I'm putting everyone in this scene on one initiative track. So DP tagged the Brood, I'm going to assume the Brood tagged Gali, leaving only Mystery Badguy to close out the round and he doesn't even know what's about to hit him. New round! Tag Deadpool.



A Fancy Garden Party Earthquake
Cor'Gt is just a guy, so I oppose your roll with the Doom Pool: 11 with a d8, so your roll succeeds and creates a d10 asset - Knows Cor'Gt Inside and Out.

Cor'Gt narrows his eyes, then recognises Jol'Ynne.

"You," he spits. "I wear this shape because I happen to like it. What matters fashion to a master of science?"

He pointedly turns his shoulder between Jol'Ynne and Karolina, but the majesdanian is preoccupied with other things - as is Jol'Ynne. A thorough scan of Cor'Gt's form reveals some minor cybernetics - nothing out of the ordinary - and a comprehensive collection of needles, swabs, atmospheric sniffers and other DNA-collecting devices. Looks like he's after any traces Karolina leaves behind.

Meanwhile Xavin spots Karolina's gestures. She politely disengages from the baroness and turns to head for Karolina, but before she reaches her the earth makes a sudden heave, rolling like an ocean - with a series of deafening cracks the ground splits open in several places, venting foul-smelling clouds of smoke and throwing people to the ground. In moments the skrulls, many of whom have never experienced a quake in their lives, have become a Panicked Mob, fleeing in all directions as the paving slabs crack beneath their feet and nearby buildings begin to collapse.

Somewhere in the chaos Karolina spots Xavin, now in a bulky man-shape - all the better to appear commanding, she supposes - hands outstretched as he encloses himself and the baroness in a floating force bubble.

But no time to worry about that. The ground in the centre of the plaza starts to bulge upwards, the earth deforming as if something is pushing through from below. Panicked skrulls tumble away from it in the Smoke and Ruin, all thoughts of others abandoned in the rush to get away.

Jol'Ynne's cybernetically-enhanced senses tell her that something is pushing through from below: a humanoid shape, perhaps six feet in height, registering clearly on her infra-red scanners despite the intervening earth and stone.


Energy Moon 8a
Nope, no need to roll dice just to have a chat.

The blue-skinned woman inclines her head at Ronan - part gesture of subservience, part gesture of agreement.

"I am Shyla, master kree, and I am the guide you need." She gestures to a narrow alleyway between buildings. "Come. We should get out of the open before more powerful inhabitants arrive. As we walk, tell me what you seek and I shall tell you where it can be found."

Meanwhile, in Mysterio's lair...

I rolled the Doom Pool to resist the change. Total was 7, so Blackmane gets a d8 Changed Appearance asset. Also, yes, this is a frivolous enough use of reality-altering power to count.

Whipping away the cloak, Mysterio examines his largely random handiwork. The Kymellian's distinctive equine appearance has gone, replaced by a scaled, reptilian look. His mane is now a spined fan of ink-blue skin that runs from the crown of his head down to the small of his back. His distinctive cybereye has become a strange bio-technological construct of rigid bone and pulsing red energy. If you squint, you can see the old Blackmane in the bone structure beneath the skin - and his basic body shape is unchanged - but otherwise the alteration would fool anyone who didn't know him.

He examines himself in the reflective exterior of your helmet, not entirely sure what to make of the transformation. Finally, with a hiss, he accepts his new look.

"You've done well, Mysterio," he says after a couple of false starts. Apparently his voice box has altered as well. "I'll make sure to pick you up on the way out of here."

He glances over his shoulder, as if his pursuer might suddenly appear.

"Which I'll get on with now. We need to be gone. Gone yesterday." He scurries for the door, pausing on the threshold. "If a big blue man with a hammer asks where I am - you haven't seen me."


Abyss City
The kree resist Cho with Team 5d6, Kree Outcasts d8. 12 with a d6 effect. Not scared. They roll the same pool against Thor and get 12 with a d8. Ties go to the attacker in MHR, so Thor's d10 emotional stress scares off some of their more impressionable guys.

The kree scoff at Amadeus' threats - as if they are going to be cowed by an earthling!

"The Incredible Hulk?" their leader says. "I have never heard of such a thing. And the idea that you, of all creatures, could kick--"

But they quieten when the god of thunder advances onto the scene, storm gathering overhead. A few of the kree at the back of the group take the opportunity to make quiet exits, but the pride of the warrior race overcomes their judgement and most level weapons.

The leader opens his mouth to speak again, but is interrupted by a whistle and crash as a purple-and-grey suit of powered armour streaks down from the sky to land in between him and Thor, cracking the ground and throwing up a small cloud of dust where it lands. The helmet folds back on itself to reveal a woman with short dark hair, her head seeming tiny in the bulky exoskeleton.

"Cease your posturing," she barks. "This ship belongs to the Graces n-- Thor? I saw the storm but I had no idea you were on-world!" Her surprise gives way to a scowl and she turns her back on the kree to confront the Odinson. "Why didn't you say something?!"

It's Stellaris! Thor has met her in the past and can recall two things about her: 1) She hates the celestials and similar cosmic-scale entities that play games with the lives of lesser beings, and 2) she fancies him rotten.


Doom: 2d6 + 3d8

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

What's happening here?!?!


The Mighty THOR: In a Crater in Abyss City
Solo d10, 1pp, 0 Stress, 0 xp, Condition Normal (a little hungry, a little confused)


Thor pauses as the scene complicates itself. Still spinning his hammer, Thor adopts an Earth expression for the Kree as he turns to address the newcomer: he holds up one finger as if to say "wait a minute."

"Stellaris! Well-met!" Thor nods appreciatively. "I had no kenning that thee were upon this world, else I wouldst have sent word of mine coming!" The Thunder God stops spinning Mjolnir as the storm overhead dissipates. "I had sought to allow my godly personage a time to rest upon the soil of this land, yet the landing of this ship of Midgard hast interrupted my feast! And the Kree's gallivanting ill-suits the temperament of THE GOD OF THUNDER!" The storm cloud lets out one last distant crack of lightning in time with Thor's declaration before petering out for the moment. He peers over Stellaris' shoulder to glare at the Kree commander and his group leveling weapons at him. "But it seems the time for conversation has ended, friend Stellaris! Come, let us rescue this human and his pup, and then we may eat and drink to victory!"

He refocuses himself upon the Kree. "Now then, bandits! You thought perhaps to challenge the MIGHTY THOR with your puny weapons?!" He levels his hammer toward the leader. "If ye be worthy, I would face thee in open combat, knave."

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART


Amadeus Cho: In a Crater in Abyss City
PP:1

"eep!"

The Kree weren't buying it, and for that matter neither was THOR ASGARDIAN GOD OF THUNDER. Like every one else present, Amadeus jumped slightly at the massive percussive impact of Mjolnir's thunder but having the presence of mind to remember that he was standing next to any number of lightning rods didn't flee like some of the more weak-hearted Kree.

Crap, crap, crap. Game of Thrones? No. Lord of the Rings? No. That Antonio Banderas movie with the really tall guy!

His mind raced, flitting through pop culture references, bits of English homework, and to find a fitting framework or point of reference to share with the Odinson and as it all snapped into place he stood proudly and faced Thor.

"Ho there, Lord of Asgard! Mighty is the son of Odin, whose deeds are hallowed in legend! Brave farer and grim foeman is he, and no truer friend in all the cosmos! Surely Lord Thor has sensed the coming of his one-time friend and fellow Avenger, the Incredible Hulk. The Hulk has been unfairly judged, and banished from Earth by Reed Richards and Tony Stark."

He continued, gradually running out of superlative and viking-like statements to make but bravely forging forward and why had that movie been so drat boring? There was only one good line in there, and Antonio Banderas had just done a lot of posturing around stealing all the scenes. Mead? Mead was a big deal with those guys right?

"I doth... beseecheth thine aid for I am Amadeus of the house of Cho, and having been saved by the Hulk in the past would do him a good turn to rescue him from his stellar exile. And uhm, this is Kirby. Say hi, Kirby. Verily, and heartily should we drink deep the cup of friendship and indeed what better drinking partner for the God of Thunder than the Hulk himself?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

Deadpool - Prisonship Lamplight - Kitchen
Solo d8, 3pp, 0xp
Stress: P0 M0 S0
Trauma: P0 M0 S0



Like the Joker says

Little Yellow Box posted:

It's all part of the plan...
I needed to kill these things fast and bullets are too slow, So I knew if I tried to sneak out, My DeadPoolTM Luck would kick in and land me in a whole mess of 'em.

Since my opportunity was purchased, I use:
SFX: Breaking the Fourth Wall. When one of your opportunities is activated to add a d6 to the doom pool, replace it with a d4...
SO Mr. Watcherpants turns one of his DOOM d6 into a d4. sooooooo....

potatocubed posted:

The Broodlings oppose Deadpool with Team 4d6 and Known By One, Known By All d8. 10 with a d8 effect and 1 opportunity.

A kitchen packed with Alien Kitchen Equipment
brown broodlings, their long bodies coiling in the Tight Spaces as they turn to look at the intruder.
After a moment's pause they surge forward as one, stingers waving, their telepathic broadcast 'audible' even to untrained minds.
*Attack! Attack! Capture him for the queen!*

The broodling mob is going for a Partially Paralysed complication by injecting Deadpool with their venom. They have an SFX specifically for this, hence the slightly odd dice pool. Team 4d6, Natural Weapons d8, SFX d6. 9 with a d10 effect.

Side Note: Area attack is your friend here.

Doom: 2d6 + 3d81d4+1d6+3d8

Little Yellow Box posted:

oh poo poo...
Deadpool takes a fraction of a second to take the scene in, Just as the Aliens lunge for him, He uses his Superhuman Agility alongside his ability to Teleport to spin, blink, fling, BAMF, duck, POW, and slide past the mob, flinging Alien Kitchen Equipment back at the broodlings hoping to confuse and slow them.

ROLLING Solo d8, Kitchen stuff d8, Superhuman Agility d10, Teleport d8, Acrobatic Expert d8
The Red one Goes FASTA: 4#1d8 4 1 6 1 1d10 3
10 (d10 effect)


After executing a dizzying Array of flips, jumps, teleports, and Taunts to get to the opposite end of the Kitchen, Deadpool Pulls out (from somewhere...) a pair of egregiously Liefeldian machine pistols, (the camera slows down and the names Tolerance and Understanding can be seen engraved on the guns)
Deadpool begins taunting in a sing-songy voice
"CAAAAAAALLING AAAAAALL THE BASIC BIIIIIIITCHES!"

Little Yellow Box posted:

They Soooooo Basic.
With a twinkle of glee in his expressionless mask, Deadpool opens fire in these Tight Spaces on the ravening lizard-bug horde...

ROLLINGSolo d8, Tight Spaces d8, SFX: 2 at the same time 2d10, SFX: bangbangbang 3d6, Combat Master d10
Blowing up some Basic Bitches: 3#1d6 5 6 6 2#1d8 6 6 3#1d10 1 3 3
17 (d10, d10, d8, d8 effect)

Little Yellow Box posted:

BOOOM! GOES THE HEADSHOT! THE CROWD GOES WIIIIILD!

ALSO I AM TAGGING GALI


RETCONS:
This Space For Rent

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Oct 4, 2013 around 19:04

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

What's happening here?!?!


The Mighty THOR: In a Crater in Abyss City
Solo d10, 1pp, 0 Stress, 0 xp, Condition Normal (a little hungry, a little confusedannoyed)


Thor tilts his head a bit further to the right as the Earthling finally addresses him, again holding up the FINGER OF WAITING to Stellaris and the Kree as the human speaks.

At first the god of thunder seems mildly impressed by the young man's language. However, his recollections of modern Midgard indicate that nearly no mortal man (save perhaps the fiendish Victor Von Doom) generally spoke in such a way, and so Thor considered that he may also be being mocked.

"Indeed, Amadeus of Cho! You are learned well in the ways of proper greeting, for there is much truth in thine speech, and thine knowledge of THOR OF ASGARD! And yet, Thor dost remain wary of your pleas! The GOD OF THUNDER is no FOOL! And he knows well that AIM has EVER BEEN the enemy of The noble Hulk, of whom you speak! I would ask thee, why dost thou come then in a chariot of Hulk's, and indeed, Thor's, foes - but as I spake to the gallant and true Stellaris, the time for words have passed! If, young Cho, you would seek the aid of THE MIGHTY THOR, I wouldst suggest thy come to thine own defense and help repel these brigands! Thy true allegiance canst then be determined in the aftermath of GLORIOUS BATTLE!"

Thor promptly returns his attention to the waiting Kree, a spark of lightning in his eyes a moment and coarsing over the head of Mjolnir, and he grins. "Now then, Kree! I hope there is no further distraction from the rigors of COMBAT!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Jol'Ynne - Shaken, not stirred

Jol'Ynne is one of the tumbling Skrull, though she blames that on the formalwear. As she stands, it shifts back into her uniform, much more practical for whatever is about to happen.

She stares at the form beneath the earth for a moment, analyzing information under her breath. "Big... moving earth... humanoid thing... Thing? No, not them. Not here. Far too hot for one, too big for the other. Something else. Magma? Not good. I need defences..."

Jol'Ynne assumes the arriving figure is likely still too deep to get a proper reading on it's powers. She considers looks up to Xavin's force-bubble. That seems more like it.

"Time for a field test..."

Jol'Ynne activates the rest of her cybernetic functions, and as data on the forcefield begins streaming in, the implants begin generating energy fields of their own, encouraging her shapeshifting internally, inducing something capable of reproducing Xavin's shields... in theory, anyway.

Solo d8, Observe and Adapt d8, Shapeshifting d10, Mimic d8 and one skill. Not sure if this would be Cosmic, Science or Tech, but they're all at d10 anyway.
Mimic Forcefields: 3d8+2d10 [3d8=4, 4, 2] [2d10=4, 9]
Keep the 9 and a 4(d8), to have d10 effect, which I use my SFX: Power Mimicry Apparatus to step up to a d12.
As I understand it, with Mimic d8 I can only generate effects that d8 rank could, just on a die that can roll 12s.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART


Amadeus Cho: In a Crater in Abyss City
PP:1

"Indeed so! Actions speak louder than words, and what warrior born would deny the chance to fight alongside the God of Thunder himself!"

Committed now to a manly fight alongside what was probably, most likely, at least 60% certain to be the real Thor and not some strange alien cosplayer, Amadeus decided to go all in on the role he'd somehow thrust himself into. He leapt forward (sort of) into combat, and skidded to a halt just in front of the Kree leader, whose gun he'd been eyeing the entire time. Actually, they were all using the same kind of guns. Some kind of Kree lowlife standard issue?

"Have at you, Kree foemen! Know the wrath of Amadeus, Defender of Lordaeron Keep, Raider of the Ragefire Chasm!"

He feinted, well, he leaned forward where the Kree leaned back in order to take a swing at his face anyway, and incidentally had just enough space to press a button on the side of the advanced superscience-y gun and give it a tweak.

"Hey dude, you'll probably want to let go of that plasma cannon. The degausser's set on overload and every time you fire a shot the chances of it blowing up are going to increase, like logarithmically."

He held up the palm of his hand, showing a twisted bit of metal that he'd pulled off moments ago.

"Somebody might have pulled off the catalytic triggerguard and in fact thinking about it, it might not fire at all. Or blow up right now."

Well I mean if Thor wants to have a throwdown and bond by manly fighting/quaffing that makes about as much sense as anything. Is it cool if we count as Buddies for the scene? I'll try to create a Complication: Guns don't work right!

Buddy d108=2, Mastermind Excello d8= 7, Superhuman senses d8=2, Tech Master d10=4, Bonus from SFX d6 =6 7+6 = 13 d10 stepped up to d12 effect. Since we didn't seem to get initiative I'll start us off and pass to Thor next?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

What's happening here?!?!


The Mighty THOR: In a Crater in Abyss City
Buddy d6, 1pp, 0 Stress, 0 xp, Condition Normal (a little hungry, READY TO RUMBLE)


Thor laughed heartily as Amadeus sprung into action. "Excellent, noble human! Thine courage is worthy of song!" The Thunder God crouched low for a moment, a crackle of lightning around Mjolnir. "Allow THOR to assist thee!" And Thor lept, high into the air.

And then he came down, hard, into the pack of the Kree, smashing the ground beneath him and sending the alien would-be spacecarjackers flying in every direction with a mighty clap of thunder as his hammer split the earth. "Scatter before the potency of THOR, foolish Kree! Let those without the stomach for battle remain on thy backs! Let the rest come to me! Let us test thy mettle!" He roared as he straightened himself up, utterly in his element.

What goes up, must go boom! Buddy d6 + Righteous Warrior d8 + Godlike Strength d12 + Weapon d10 + 3d6 for Area Attack + d8 Combat Master = 16 + 10 for the extra kept dice off Area attack for a total of 26 with a d8 effect against the Assembled Kree. Also, two opportunities rolled.

I tag Stellaris next, let's see whose side she decides she's on.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Oct 4, 2013 around 22:16

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

The ensmuggenest.

Galacta, Near the Prisonship Lamplight
Solo d10, 1PP

Flashback: The Big Bang

Boom goes the universe. But as gas and heat and particles flow into the void, something doesn't make a lot of sense. Gravity says everything should be hugging back together in one big clump. Since then, scientists have wondered what caused the universe to expand, when everything we know about gravity says it should collapse.

Well. Somebody was there who knows the answer. His name was Galactus.

Orbit Around Xandar, Present Day

And as a result, Galacta learned from him. Basic cosmic science. See? We went back to the start of it all for a reason. Let's not see Xandar blown up a third time, 'kay?, she thinks as she unfolds her arms. And they just repopulated this place a little while back, too...! With that, she calls upon the Power Cosmic, drawing together enough dark matter to push Xandar and the ship apart. Of course, some space-time distortion might result, to say nothing of the sheer stress that's going to be put on that hull, but things have to be prioritized in order of saving:

1. Xandar
2. The Crew
3. The Ship
4-99. A Bunch of Other Things
100. Brood

Is that a bit racist of me?, Gali thinks. They are definition of invasive biology, though, and we can't have that. Plus, brood with buckets on their heads? That's too silly, even for somebody with my taste is headwear...!



Trying a Recovery Action to try and slow the Lamplight! Solo + Cosmic Supremacy + Science Mastery + Unlikely Guardian (hinder, since sometimes it's the more unlikely part) = The roll is 6 with an effect of 0d0 and two opportunities. Enjoy, potatocubed, and I'll at least snag that 1PP.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.


Ronan the Bargainer
Solo D10, No Stress, 1 PP, 0 XP

He followed his new guide, surreptitiously marking the route in his mind with any odd or interesting transactions, people, and sights as they wended their way. Not for nothing was he the Chief Accuser: he was an expert in ferreting out dens of crime and intuiting the sources and patterns of illegal behavior. Plus he was already familiar with dozens of criminal hotbeds. This area was not so different from others near the Kyln.

He said as they walked, "Not very many kymellians here. I had hoped maybe to find some of their community and give news of one of their number. He performed a service for the Empire, but has not been paid in full." He paused. "I am not being coy. Payment is not a euphemism for death. No, what I hope to deliver is something else entirely." Namely, my reputation and rightful place as Chief Accuser, he thought to himself. And death is a gift this rogue cyberneticist will beg for if he does not cooperate.

OOC: Trying to create a Crime Master CASING THE NEIGHBORHOOD Asset to help me with my search.
D10 Solo + D8 You Stand Accused! + 2D8 Crime Master = 13 with D8 effect

If that doesn't work, can I have Ronan create a Crime Master Resource?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009



Karolina Dean, Aks'lo
Solo d6, 0 Stress, 1 PP, 0 XP

Things were going from bad to worse fast. It was almost a little sad, here Karolina had spent time worried of being in the same room as retired generals and brilliant scientists who'd stepped foot on dozens of planets more than she had and had much more life experience, yet an earthquake was making them fall apart and run in terror as much as any group of Cali tourists would.

...okay, the intensity of what was going on made it very unlike the average quake but it was calming to Karolina to just treat this as another school drill back home. In fact, it probably wouldn't hurt to try and share some of that Earth wisdom with the panicking crowd.

She takes flight overhead the closest group trying to flee and cups her hands as she tries to imitate the calm-yet-commanding tone of a high school teacher in an emergency. "Please remain calm and get to the exits orderly! Don't lose track of your companions and don't hurt anyone trying to get to safety!" Too bad the party was outside or she could've shared that one tip about standing in doorways.

Trying to remove or weaken the Panicked Mob distinction. Solo d6, Earthling Among Us d8, Flight d8, Psych Expert d8 Calming the Skrulls: 1d6 1 3#1d8 4 2 7

11 with a d8 effect and an opportunity.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

Who? Me?


The Lamplight
Activating both Deadpool's opportunities to step my d4 up to a d8. Broodling defence is Team 4d6, Cleverer Than You Think d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Combat Expert d8. 13 with a d8 effect, which I'm going to bump to 19/d8 by spending a d6 from the Doom Pool to keep an extra die.

Also, your 'two at once' should be 2d8, not 2d10 - it's just the Versatile SFX applied to the Weapon d10.


The broodlings thrash through the kitchen with claws and teeth and stingers and wings but Deadpool is just too fast for them. As he returns fire, though, he learns that these monsters are more than just savage animals - they have the brains to take cover from the hail of bullets. All around cutlery flies, frying pans ring with ricochets, and abandoned foodstuffs burst into clouds of unexpected colour, as the broodlings dart forward from metal table to metal table. Finally, with a burst of strength one overturns the nearest unit and tries to clout Deadpool in the face with it.

"Yeah!" screeches the intercom voice, watching the whole thing on the security cameras. "Hit 'im! Maim 'im! He's got a healing factor - you can do what you like! Wait... is that... power cosmic?" The mic clicks off abruptly.

Team 4d6, Kitchen Utensils d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Combat Expert d8. 15 with a d8 effect, one opportunity.

Meanwhile, outside...

Opposing the 'slow down' roll: Crushed, with one opportunity. Also, I'm buying your two opportunities to bump my d8s to d10s, so +2 PP to you.

The power cosmic slips through Gali's grasp with the taste of that strange ancient energy again. Something's interfering here - a tiny pink light streaks from the front of the ship, tracing a tight pattern along the hull to swoop up and hover near the dark figure standing on the hull. They communicate, and the dark-light figure detaches himself from the hull, turning to scour the dark of space for - presumably - Galacta.

Trying to reduce your Surprise! asset, so you can include the asset in your defence roll. Buddy d6 (he has a friend now), Corrupted by Dark Matter d8, Telepathy d6, Cosmic Senses d6, Cosmic Expert d8, 2d10 from the Doom Pool. 18 with a d10, one opportunity.

The timer steps up to d10.


New round! At this point the Nova Corps have arrived on the scene, both in space and boarding the ship, granting you a d10 Nova Corps Assistance asset if you can work out how they're helping you out.


A Fancy Garden Party Volcano
Since your Mimic is targeting Xavin, I'll resist with Xavin. Solo d8, Super-Skrull In Training d8, Enhanced Durability 2d8 thanks to her Hostile SFX. Deliberately choosing a less-than-optimal total: 11 with a d8, one opportunity.. This gets you your d12 Enhanced Durability (forcefield) and me a d8 for the Doom Pool. Everyone wins!

Oh, and Xavin's limits are Exclusivity, which won't affect you unless you mimic more of her powers, and Conscious Activation.


Jol'Ynne feels her internal forcefield generators come online and can see the strange soap-bubble shield that shimmers into existence around her - basic super-skrull enhancements modelled off the original (the original failure) Kl'rt. The glare Xavin shoots her way suggests that he's less than pleased about having his powers 'stolen' but he's too preoccupied to do anything about it at the moment.

Karolina fails to pacify the mob, I'm afraid. 14 with a d10 and one opportunity.

Karolina's words go unheard amid the panic - and then the growing bulge in the plaza tears open in an explosion of stone chunks and molten rock. A humanoid shape stands in the crater, feminine if you squint, a rocky shell surrounding a core of churning lava and holding in one stony fist a heavy hammer surrounded by a crackling energy field. Her voice booms, drowning out all other sound.

"THIS IS A COUP. ALL WHO ASSIST IN THE EXECUTION OF THE BARONESS WILL BE FAVOURED IN THE NEW REGIME."

Fortunately, few of the skrulls seem interested in much beyond self-preservation at the moment. Unfortunately, Xavin is one of them.

"Screw you!" he shouts, giving the stone figure the Earth finger. "I don't know who you are, but I bet you can't fly!" His force bubble begins to rise into the air.

Meanwhile, Cor'Gt cowers in fear.

"G-Godkiller!" he stammers. "I thought she was dead!"

New round! Actors are Jol'Ynne, Karolina, Godkiller, and the She's Getting Away! timer, which starts at d8 and counts up every round until it passes d12, at which point Xavin and the Baroness have escaped.


Abyss City
Kree resist Amadeus with Team 4d6, Untrained Soldiery d4, Weapon d8, Tech Expert d8. 10 with a d8. Your complication lands!

LGW - that's not how area attacks work, quite. You roll the extra d6s, but you still only keep two dice for your total, and then get an extra effect die for every area d6 - so in this case you get a 16 total from a d6 and the d12, and then keep the two d8s and two d6s as four effect dice. You need d8s to beat the d6 affiliation of the kree mob, so your two d8s will knock off two more of their team dice - unless their defence beats 16! Nope.

Oh, and you could have added Amadeus' d12 complication into your pool as well.

Also: have 1 PP as I buy your opportunities to the tune of a d8.


The kree seem momentarily startled by Amadeus' sudden charge, stumbling over each other to bring their blaster rifles to bear until he triumphantly holds up some techno doodad. The leader rattles off something obscene in kree and throws his gun aside, while the others eye their weapons dubiously rather than firing.

"D'ast you!" the leader says, drawing a machete from his scabbard and reaching for Amadeus. "I don't know care what keeps you've conquered, the knife of the Galatea Corsair will cut you just the same!"

But he is interrupted by the descending form of Thor, whose impact blasts the kree in all directions. Confusion erupts among them, some abandoning their firearms in favour of melee weapons and some ignoring Cho's threat to open fire on Thor with their blasters.

Stellaris keeps one eye on the unfolding battle (and the powerful form of Thor in its midst) but doesn't move to intervene. She lays a heavy hand on Cho's shoulder.

"Did you say the Incredible Hulk?" she asks. "Big, green, unstoppable?"

Stellaris passes to the kree, who open fire on Thor: Team 2d6, Untrained Soldiery d8, Weapon + Enhanced Strength + Focus SFX d10, Combat Expert d8. 11, d8 effect, one opportunity. New round, and Thor can go first.


Energy Moon 8a
Can Ronan case the neighbourhood? Nope. 16 with a d4 effect and three opportunities. Spend a PP and you can just create a d8 resource with Crime Master, though.

"Kymellians are uncommon here," Shyla confirms. "As a race they are given to nobility and selflessness - qualities which do not often lead them to be committed to the Kyln and forgotten by the universe."

She pauses to duck past a hanging blanket.

"But yes, I know of one. A cyberneticist. He is hard to track down but he has made the acquaintance of an exile from Earth, of all places, whose presence is... unsubtle. This way."

And thus, Shyla will lead Ronan to Mysterio's lair some minutes after Blackmane has left. Please commence introductions among yourselves.


Doom: 3d8 + 2d10

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

What's happening here?!?!


The Mighty THOR: In a Crater in Abyss City
Buddy d6, 2pp, 0 Stress, 0 xp, Condition Normal (a little hungry, READY TO RUMBLE)


The Thunderer laughs as the Kree open fire on him, spinning Mjolnir as their misfiring guns ricochet, mostly off his mystic mallet back at the group. "Ah, mine eyes now see that young master Cho hast ruined thy weapons hence! A courageous AND clever foeman is he!" The Odinson continues to laugh. "Canst thou not see thine weapons are USELESS!?"

d6buddy +d4legendary ego +d10 superhuman durability +d12 godlike durability +d8 combat master +d12 Complication: Guns don't work right! = 13 with a d8 effect and two more opportunities because I love rolling ones! Also, I'll buy your opportunity as a push die and add it to my next action (since I'm going next) and use my Anti-Force SFX to bounce the Kree's d8 effect back at them, and add my d8 to the doom pool. I don't know if that ends them, if not...

That done, the Odinson raises Mjolnir high above his head and grins as the storm cloud quickly returns above the melee. "The MIGHTY THOR tires of your ineffectual strikes! Thine own foolishness has brought you into conflict with THOR ODINSON, but it is his prowress which shall end this fracas. ENOUGH!" As Thor shouts, bolts of lightning split off from the cloud above and from the head of Mjolnir and arc between the Kree and their malfunctioning blasters, lighting up the battlefield in electric blue.

d6buddy +d8 god of thunder +d6 weather influence +d12 weather supremacy +d8 mystic expert +d12 complication +d8 push +d6 area attack = 12 with a d12 effect and a d8 effect off the area attack. Two more opportunities.. The Kree, whatever is left of them, can go again.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2013 around 15:40

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

Deadpool - Prisonship Lamplight - Kitchen
Solo d8, 4pp, 0xp
Stress: P0 Md4 S0
Trauma: P0 M0 S0

potatocubed posted:

The Lamplight
"Yeah!" screeches the intercom voice, watching the whole thing on the security cameras. "Hit 'im! Maim 'im! He's got a healing factor - you can do what you like! Wait... is that... power cosmic?" The mic clicks off abruptly.

Team 4d6, Kitchen Utensils d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Combat Expert d8. 15 with a d8 effect, one opportunity.


Doom: 1d6 + 3d8 + 1d10 + 1d12 (oops )



Time slows to a graceful crawl. a light piano concerto can be heard playing from...somewhere. sparks and gouts of smoke puff out from all over the room as Merc and Monster perform the age old dance of death.

Funny enough, with all the clawing and shooting, you'd think there'd be some injur-

Little Yellow Box posted:

All we need is some white doves flying somewhere and we'll have hit peak John Woo.

Just then one of the Broodlings flings a fridge or something, totally ruining the ambiance. Not one to be outdone, Deadpool plants his feet and shoulders the unit aside like a linebacker, momentarily giving himself a clear line of sight on one of these ugly motherfuckers...

REACTION ROLL:
LIMIT: Unstable: +1pp for stepping mental stress to d4.
SFX: Little Yellow Boxes. trade affiliation d8 for doom d10, step-up to d12 asset, then return to doom pool
Solo d8, Best at doing what wolverine does d8, Durability d10, Combat Master d10, DOOM Asset d12

Wherein I react to the kitchen appliance applied to my face: 2#1d8 8 6 2#1d10 9 4 1d12 9
17 (d12 effect)


That little British girl is yammering about something...

Little Yellow Box posted:

^_^ Yay Deadpool! We love deadpool! Kick their slimy bug asses Deadpool!^_^
"Naaaaah, couldn't be that."
Deadpool sprays one last burst of covering fire to keep most of the Broodlings pinned down behind tables, all except the one who flung the kitchen appliance.

"Okay Buddy, y'wanna play it soft? I'll play it soft. Y'wanna play it hard, I'll play it hard."

In the blink of an eye Deadpool holsters his other gun, and pulls a wicked sharp sword from its scabbard on his back, in that split-loving-second, Deadpool Teleports.

and rematerializes with his Blade buried in what looks to be Buddy's eye, penetrating deep into its braincase, hopefully killing The monster

"One down, more to go." he giggles.

ACTION ROLL:
SFX: Indiscriminate. d6 to doom pool for stunt
SFX: Surprise! replace 2d8 with 1d10
SFX: Oops, Sword in Your Guts. -1 highest die, +1 phys stress inflicted.
Solo/Best at what Wolverine does d10, enhanced strength d8, weapon d8, STUNT d8 "BRAIN SALAD SURGERY!", Combat Master 2d8, 1pp Push 1d6

BRAIN SALAD SURGERY with my BUDDY!: 5#1d8 6 5 1 4 3 1d6 5 1d10 3
10 (d10 effect)and one opportunity!


TAGS THE BROOD


RETCONS:
Accidentally had 1 too many d8s in my reaction roll, that's fixed now. oops.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2013 around 00:31

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Jol'Ynne

The figure makes a dramatic entrance and a convincing argument, Jol'Ynne will give it that much. It's almost certainly lying though, and if it isn't, the sort of people who turn coat at the drop of a hat don't make the best new friends.

She focuses on the new force shield, keeping it thin enough to let other people in but able to be solid at a moment's notice. Then, she steps closer to Cor'Gt, to give him shelter in it.
"You know this thing? Talk. Does it have weaknesses? Is the prince right, can it fly? Something put it down there once, the Skrull can do it again!"

Finally, a call to one of the few not running around like headless chickens.
"You! Majesdanian! Stop presenting a target, and do something!"

Attempting to Establish Assets (I think) to let allies take advantage of the shield.
Solo d8, Proud Skrull d8, Forcefield d12, Cosmic 2d8.
Create forcefield: 4#1d8 8 1 5 8 1d12 3
Taking 16, d12 effect plus an opportunity.

Tagging Karolina to go next.

Oh, and 1XP for mimicing someone new last time. Probably doesn't qualify for learning something new about another's powers though, Jol'Ynne would be familiar with super-Skrull science.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART


Amadeus Cho: In a Crater in Abyss City
PP:1

Amadeus froze when caught by the massive hand, like a rabbit realizing that it was well within the clutches of a giant python in burly purple armor.

How to Train your Dragon! That's the one! Ah crap, how did they talk in that movie? It was a book too right?

Stellaris' grip tightened and he gulped nervously as he examined the armor, its joints, and any visible mechanisms or power sources.

"Big green guy, like ten feet tall with veiny muscles all over the place? Likes to shout "HULK SMASH" a lot? I followed his ship to this planet. Have you seen him?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

The ensmuggenest.

Galacta, Near the Prisonship Lamplight
Solo d10, 4PP, 1XP, Asset: Surprise! d4

Galacta hates the direct approach. It gets her a lot of attention, and she's never been much for the dramatic pummeling many metasentient seem to gravitate towards. It's risky. It's ugly. It makes her hungry. And you wouldn't like her when she's hungry. And contrary to what you may think, being the obvious offspring of a world-eater rarely earns any affection.

Still, there's no time for her usual cautious methods. She has two problems: #1, a homicidal cosmic being of unknown origin (the latter fact that chews on her last nerve), and #2, a runaway spaceship about to radically reduce a number of local lifeforms and increase the number of potential gravestones. As so, she arcs around the opposite side of ship from the mustachioed monster, trying to maintain her surprise through the simplest means possible: cover! Then, wincing more out of distaste than effort, she slams into the Lamplight crudely with her physical form, trying to redirect all of that thrust at a slightly different angle. Specifically, an angle that would send the speeding spaceship towards the figure who sent it out of control in the first place. Of course, the added efforts of the Nova Corps in stopping the ship can only help, right?

Let's repurpose this problem into a solution, shall we?

-----

First, trying to maintain her asset as a reaction: Solo + Covert Expert + Surprise! Asset + Nova Corps Assistance (shiny bucket-headed distraction). Well, that's not quite enough, so spending 1PP to keep an extra die to her total, resulting in a reaction of 20 with a d10 effect.

Then, going to try and make another Recovery Action to reduce that timer, and spending an extra PP to keep an extra effect die to try and physically attack our mystery foe with the Lamplight: Solo + Unlikely Guardian (d8) + Godlike Strength (multipower, d10) + Space Flight (multipower, d10) + Combat Expert + Surprise! + Nova Corps Assistance (trying to divert the ship!) Going to spend another 1PP to keep an extra die again, making it a 24 and keeping two d10 effect dice (recovery / attack), with one opportunity. 3PP were spent total, reducing her to 1PP.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

Who? Me?


Abyss City
Buying two of Thor's opportunities to further bolster the Doom Pool. Their defence sucks.

Swinging Mjolnir, the mighty Thor strikes down kree with their own energy blasts, before calling down a lightning strike that scatters the alien warriors across the ruined street. Everything is silent, save for the occasional groans of smouldering kree.

"That was fantastic," Stellaris says. "The only way that could have been better is if you'd ripped your shirt off at the start. Or now. Now would also be good."

She gazes at Thor for a moment, then returns to the present with a small sigh.

"Anyway, the Hulk, yeah? I haven't seen him, exactly, but a shuttle landed here like a week ago and a giant green guy came out and started smashing things up." She frowns. "I don't know why I didn't think 'Hulk' right away, but now you mention it, it's probably him."

"He's caused a lot of problems; the Graces are pretty much falling apart over him." She releases Amadeus in order to count off on her fingers. "Tana reckons he's looking for something and wants to give it to him to get him the hell off our world. Spirit wants to kill him or die trying, because she's crazy. Nebula wants to sell him to a space zoo or something. I don't care. I don't know what the hell you expect to do with him, but you're gonna need some major luck to beat out those guys."


The Lamplight
I swear, Deadpool messes with the Doom Pool more than I do. Broodling reaction! Team 4d6, Tight Spaces d4, Enhanced Durability d8, Combat Expert d8: 10 with a d8, but attacker wins ties.

The broodling's head punctures nicely to the bite of Deadpool's katana - turns out that they don't share the Alien's acid blood despite looking kinda like it. The others come boiling out of their hiding places the moment the gunfire stops, stingers once again charged with paralytic venom.

Team 3d6, Natural Weapons d8, Combat Expert d8, SFX d6. 11 with a d10 'Paralysis' complication if you fail to defend.

Suddenly the whole room lurches, the ship's artificial gravity flickering and wavering under a sudden and unexpected strain. The superstructure groans and squeals in a way that stellar-grade construction really shouldn't. Broodlings, mercenaries, and alien condiments are hurled everywhere.

"Warning," comes a calm robotic voice over the PA. "Warning. This ship is experiencing extreme gravitic stress. This ship is under fire. This ship's containment is compromised. This ship's hull is compromised. Please remain calm and proceed to the escape pods in an orderly manner."

The lights dim and a helpful series of arrows illuminates on the floor and walls, showing the most direct path to an escape pod: through the broodlings.

Reacting to Galacta's attack with the Doom Pool: 16 with a d10, giving you an exceptional success. Also activating that one opportunity.

Distasteful as it may be, Gali's brute force attempt to redirect the ship works. Its hull rupturing and venting yet more brood, the Lamplight turns at an angle sharper than it was ever meant to. Before the mystery villain is quite aware of what happened the entire ship is rocketing towards him. He has just enough time for a look of surprise and frustration before his energy form discorporates to allow the huge vessel past, reforming on the other side with Gali.

His expression as he takes in the daughter of Galactus is an equal mixture of shock and confusion. But after only a moment's hesitation he gestures, and chains of pulsing black energy lash out from his hand to try and restrain her.

Spent d12 Doom to activate his Energy Form SFX and prevent stress from a physical attack. Solo d10, Bull-headed d8, Light Mastery d10, Cosmic Mastery d10, Combat Expert d8, Hard-Light Constructs SFX d6: 19 with a d12 effect to put a Restrained complication on Gali.

As if that wasn't enough, the tiny pink light that Gali spotted before comes streaking around the curve of the Lamplight to spin a tight orbit around Gali and the moustachioed man. This close, Gali recognises it as a chaos sprite - a fairy-like creature from the dawn of the universe with considerably more power than you'd expect from such a six-inch high pixie.


Aks'Lo
Buying your opportunity. The Doom Pool beats you with 17 and a d10, though, and one opportunity if you want it. You could spend the PP I've just given you to activate that and create the asset as a d8 Tech resource.

Jo's force fields flicker in and out, the new power proving hard to handle in the chaos of rushing skrulls and volcanic vents.

Doom: 2d8 + 4d10

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

What's happening here?!?!


The Mighty THOR: In a Crater in Abyss City
Buddy d6, 4pp, 0 Stress, 0 xp, Condition Normal (celebratory)


As he re-hooked Mjolnir to his belt and wiped his hands clean, Thor laughs at Stellaris' jest. At least, he kind of hoped it was a jest, well, kind of.

Anyway, he nodded in appreciation at his own handiwork and walked towards her and Amadeus, a supremely confident grin on his face as he heard the rest of the conversation the two were having while he labored. Wasting no time in injecting himself in the conversation, the Thunder God pipes up.

"Indeed, mine ear did hear of the strange vessel landing in the wilderness and a great beast appearing to rampage in yonder wilderness. I hadst thought it to be a fancy of idle minds, but since young Amadeus of Cho has come from Midgard in search, and thine own testimony, Stellaris, doth support that search, perhaps 'tis the good Doctor once more transfigured into the jotun-like menace!" Thor thinks for a moment. The steam from the gears in his head turning is almost visible, before he speaks again.

"However, fear not, companions, for Thor Odinson has alighted upon an idea most splendid! Stellaris, you should lead the young human and myself to your compatriots, such that we can all search for the Hulk together. He may be reasoned with yet, and if not, the power of THOR may be needed to subdue him!"

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.


Ronan the Surprise Guest
Solo D10, No Stress, 1 PP, 0 XP

Ronan thanked Shyla for her help and used the Universal Weapon to create a few ounces of gold treasure for her. Golden sponge cake, with an oddly satisfying filling. The Earth snacks were nigh indestructible and as far as Ronan could discern, retained their nutritional content for at least a few centuries (possibly because of the almost negligible nutritional content they had in the first place). These would be useful in a scavenge as one can environment such as this moon. He also transmuted some dirt into a couple of ounces of platinum.

In no uncertain terms, he let Shyla know the payment was both for leading him here and for remaining absolutely silent about his presence or mission. Then he waved her off, slipped into the shadows, and turned invisible so he could scope the hideout for a few minutes. Once it became clear no one was coming or going, and feeling a bit exasperated, Ronan turned off the invisibility, raised the Universal Weapon, and with a mighty blow, struck at the door to make a dramatic entrance.

"Hark, enemies of the Kree Empire! You have been discovered! I am Ronan and you stand... accused!"

The familiar words lifted his spirits. Officially accusing other people never gets old.

OOC: I'm assuming Ronan busting down a normal door is routine, but let me know if you want me to roll versus the doom pool for it!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009



Karolina Dean, Aks'lo
Buddy d10, 0 Stress, 1 PP, 0 XP

At the sounds(and sights) of a mini-volcano bursting through the plaza Karolina abandons her efforts to calm the agitated crowd fleeing the scene. That security lady yelled something at her but she hardly gave it thought once Godkiller mentioned executing the Baroness. As in, the same Baroness her Betrothed was currently flying off with to protect.

Karolina is usually far from the 'shoot first, ask later' line of thinking but when it's non-lethal surges of solar energy coming from her fingertips she allows herself some flexibility if it gives Xavin any extra distance between them and giant hammers.

d10 buddy, d8 Betrothed to Xavin, d8 Solar Blast Solar Blastin': 1#1d10 3 2#1d8 5 1

8 with a d4 effect and an opportunity. Tagging the timer(if that's possible? not totally sure how timers work here)

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART


Amadeus Cho: In a Crater in Abyss City
PP:1

"Verily though the Hulk be-est a most destructive and intimidating creature, his true nature is that of a simpler being despite his beastly exterior. Though he be a rough and surly sort, tis often the misunderstandings of men or ill deeds which inflame his rage. Does not the mighty Odinson know this firsthand?"

How did they do this in the movie... Dragons? Shouting? Hook hand? Booze!

"Mead! We should approach him with much drink and fine viands, and gladly so that the Hulk would know that we come as friends. Let Stellaris and her warrior sisters await from a distance, and shall we but bring Hulk back then feasting and celebration will be our reward!"

Amadeus picked up a fallen stein, still full of (from the smell of it) raw gasoline or turpentine, and raised it high. He nudged the dazed Kree soldier slumped against the wall next to him and motioned for him to pick up a smashed bottle as well.

"To Lord Thor! A most brilliant stratagem, which will result in probably the least collateral damage!"

He roared, waiting to see if any of the Kree caught on and realized the implications of Thor 'subduing' somebody who gave even Stellaris and the Graces pause would be like before he turned and spoke quietly.

"Lady, you want the ship you can have it. I'm just here to help the Hulk and help him find his way home. As long as that gets done you can do whatever you want. That's two birds with one stone for you right there so help me out here? Please?"

Booze and cupcakes. I propose we bring him booze and cupcakes and veer sharply away from coming on too strong like 80% of hero/hero encounters with the Hulk start with. The guy usually just wants to chill out and be left alone after all, it's usually other people who come along and screw things up. We'll just kind of wander around into there, be all like "Hey dude, you hungry? We brought brew and cupcakes, and nobody wants to pick a fight with you or w/e ok?"

Also I think showing up with more people makes it that much the more likely something is going to set Hulk off, especially if some of them want to sell him to a zoo/have already fought with him.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

What's happening here?!?!


The Mighty THOR: In a Crater in Abyss City
Buddy d6, 4pp, 0 Stress, 0 xp, Condition Normal (celebratory)


Thor wrinkles up his face at the teenager making grand declarations. He places a hand, mostly non-threatening, on Amadeus' shoulder.

"Young Amadeus, whilst I appreciate thine attempt to speak to me on mine own terms, be not unfair to thine own culture and own manner of speech." The thunder god shakes his head. "I hast been to Midgard many times, and the age of mortals comporting in such a fashion is long gone, for mortals are quick lived and quick to adapt. Be not ashamed of thine own heritage, young Amadeus, and be thine own person. Do not seek to emulate the MIGHTY THOR in words, but in deed." The Odinson chuckles and nods.

"However, thine plan has merit. We should endeavor to speak to the good Doctor Banner first, for he has long been a staunch ally of Thor." He turns toward Stellaris. "Dost thee agree to Amadeus' plan, noble Stellaris?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

Deadpool - Prisonship Lamplight - Kitchen/heading for escape pods
Solo d8, 5pp, 1xp
Stress: P0 Md4 S0
Trauma: P0 M0 S0


potatocubed posted:

The Lamplight
I swear, Deadpool messes with the Doom Pool more than I do.
Tee Hee

quote:

The others come boiling out of their hiding places the moment the gunfire stops, stingers once again charged with paralytic venom.

Team 3d6, Natural Weapons d8, Combat Expert d8, SFX d6. 11 with a d10 'Paralysis' complication if you fail to defend.

Suddenly the whole room lurches, the ship's artificial gravity flickering and wavering under a sudden and unexpected strain. The superstructure groans and squeals in a way that stellar-grade construction really shouldn't. Broodlings, mercenaries, and alien condiments are hurled everywhere.

"Warning," comes a calm robotic voice over the PA. "Warning. This ship is experiencing extreme gravitic stress. This ship is under fire. This ship's containment is compromised. This ship's hull is compromised. Please remain calm and proceed to the escape pods in an orderly manner."

The lights dim and a helpful series of arrows illuminates on the floor and walls, showing the most direct path to an escape pod: through the broodlings.

Doom: 2d8 + 3d10 + (1d12)


Little Yellow Box posted:

YATTA!
With the death of one of these things Deadpool triumphantly flicks the thing's blood (ichor?) off his blade, just then noticing the thing's companions coming after him. He zinged and dodged and teleported and Popped, The lights dimmed, the ship rocked, and the arrows of truth appeared on the walls. It was time to go. Deadpool mustered up the strength to move past the gaggle of grossness. each time he materialized was past and a little further away from the broodlings, and each time he fired off a few shots, hoping to slow them down more than to wound them.
REACTION ROLL:
I got +1 xp for using Unstable last turn
SFX: Little Yellow Boxes. trade Solo d8 for Doom d10, step up and return.
SFX: BangBangBangBangBang! Area Attack 2d6
DOOM d12, Superhuman Agility d10, Teleport d8, Combat Master 2d8, bangbang 2d6

BAMF like a B.A.M.F.: 2#1d6 6 6 2#1d8 7 5 1d10 1 1d12 3
13 (d12 effect + d8 effect +d6 effect) 1 opportunity.


Deadpool continued tumbling, and teleporting like he'd once seen Nightcrawler do, popping in and out so fast gravity could scarcely take hold, ZAP pushing off from a wall, BAMF, flipping across the ceiling, POOT, sliding further down the hallway, following the glowy arrows of salvation!
ACTION ROLL:
spent 1pp for d6 push
Solo d8, Best at doing what Wolverine does d4 (+1pp), Godlike Stamina D12, Combat Master d10, push d6

It's been a long road, gettin from there to here...: 1d4 3 1d6 3 1d8 3 1d10 10 1d12 4
13 (d12 effect)


THE BROOD ARE TAGGED AND BAGGED!


RETCONS:
I was riding through the desert on a horse with no name.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2013 around 02:29

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

Who? Me?


Aks'Lo
Oops, completely forgot about the non-powers part of Jol'Ynne's action.

Cor'Gt grovels, trying to hide behind Jo's unstable shields.

"We made her to kill Thor!" he says. "Her strength is unstoppable. The lava form was just a bonus! It almost worked. In the end they had to drop Asgard on her - splat!"

"We never made her a hammer, though. We just had her steal Stormbreaker instead..."

Meanwhile Godkiller is distracted by Karolina's solar blasts, although the radiation washes harmlessly off her rocky body. She glances across at the majesdanian and laughs at some private joke.

"OF ALL THE PEOPLE TO RUN INTO..." she grinds out. "ONE SECOND WHILE I SQUASH THIS AMATEUR, THEN YOU AND ME ARE GONNA HAVE A LITTLE CHAT."

She turns back to Xavin, winds up, and whips her hammer straight at his force bubble. With a crack like thunder and a flare of light like oil on water the bubble breaks, spilling Xavin and the baroness to the ground in an undignified heap, the hammer whirring back to Godkiller's hand. The Baroness has the presence of mind to shift her clothing to practical body armour, her shape bulking out as she adopts a fighting form, but Xavin yells at her to run. His body bursts into rocky armour plating and he grapples Godkiller with the strength of the earth - her hammer flies from her hand and bounces across the floor as the two collide, frozen for a moment as they strain one against the other.

The baroness takes the opprtunity to start shouldering her way through the crowd, away from the fight and towards safety.

I'll buy Karolina's opportunity. Have a PP.

Resisting K-lasers. Pool is solo d8, Made to Slay Gods d8, Superhuman Durability d10, Also Superhuman Durability d10 (she gets it from both the hammer and her innate powers), Combat Master d10. 13 with a d10, two opportunities.

That's how the timer works, yes - it gets a go in each round just like a character or mob. When you tag it, it steps up (to d10) and tags someone else (Godkiller).

There were some dice rolls where GK fought Xavin. End result is that the Flee! timer steps back to d8 (the baroness is still on the scene, but she's angling to run off ASAP), Xavin's put a d8 Grappled complication on GK for you to exploit, she's lost her techno-hammer, and GK produced three more opportunities while focusing on Xavin if you want to take advantage of them.

New round! Xavin tags whoever out of Kay and Jo wants to go first.



Abyss City
The scattered kree are unwilling to toast anything, with the exception of the one Amadeus hands a bottle to, who seems to be suffering from a mild concussion.

"Okay." Stellaris shrugs. "I can take you to the place where he landed, and then we just follow the trail of destruction, I guess. Can't guarantee the others'll be as nice about it as me, though."

Hulk Shuttle Remains
It's a short flight at supersonic speeds, Amadeus tucked under Stellaris' arm, to the touchdown point of the Hulk's shuttle - the craft had landed neatly in a tangle of rock gullies and mesas, ancient bones of unknown creatures visible where the stone walls have weathered away.

The shuttle had once been the pinnacle of Starktech and Richards' experience with spaceflight: a gleaming steel cone meant to contain the Hulk, with a virtual environment generator to keep him passive and a well-equipped laboratory if he reverted to being Bruce Banner once again. Now it's little more than a framework, heat shielding gone, electronics plundered, lab rifled. The last vestiges of the environment generator project a ghostly image of a gnarled tree onto the dusty landscape, its branches heavy with an unidentifiable green fruit.

"Looks like Nebula's pirates got here already," Stellaris says. "Probably making some weird-looking space-boat with the bits as we speak."

She idly kicks a bent piece of panelling, sending it cartwheeling through the still air to strike fragments off one of the mesas.

"I dunno about the Hulk, but the pirates went that way." She points, and the signs of passage of a large group mounted on tracked vehicles are clear to everyone. "We could follow 'em, see if they know where your man's gone. Or if you've got a different plan...?"


The Lamplight
I'm assuming you spent some PP to turn your reaction rolls into counterattacks. I think you're only supposed to be able to get one counterattack per roll, but I'm quite happy to waive that rule when it comes to mowing down mobs, so.

Brood reaction, supplemented by Doom: Stop that man!: 14 with a d10, which I'll spend more Doom to turn into a counterattack of my own. Take d10 physical stress!


Deadpool exits stage left, pursued by the Brood. As he zaps himself into the corridor, he abruptly discovers even more broodlings and some of the larger, more colourful warrior Brood as they stampede for the escape pods. Every space he teleports into seems even more full of claws and blades and tearing barbs until he finally finds the space to BAMF himself into a pod and hit the release button.

It's pretty Cramped in the escape pod, between the boxes of Emergency Equipment. A diamondglass window shows a Star-Wars-esque view of the domes of Xandar ahead, with lights flickering alongside the stricken Lamplight as space people do glowy things.

After a moment, Deadpool becomes aware of the heavy breathing - and the smell - that tells him he's not alone in here. The hulking form of a Brood queen is crammed in here with him, ovipositor tail waving over its shoulder.

"Join us, Wade," it slurs past its rows of fangs, its mental powers easily able to pluck Deadpool's name from his surface thoughts. "Relax and there will be no pain. Become the first of my new children. With your genetic powers we will be unstoppable..."

Its presence in Deadpool's mind is a crushing weight, squashing all thoughts of resistance. Wouldn't it be great to be the Alien instead of fighting them? He could be the merc with a mouth, with a mouth!

Psychic attack from the Brood queen! Solo d6, Node of the Hive Mind d8, Telepathy d10, Psych Expert d8. 9 with a d8, one opportunity. Success will create an Assimilated complication.

Tag Gali.



Doom: 3d10 + 1d12

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART


Amadeus Cho: Hulk Shuttle Remains
PP:1
XP: 3


"Well uh, right."

Disentangling himself from Stellaris' massive grip Amadeus picked his way through the scene, taking note of the arrangement of the debris and the vehicle tracks on the ground.

"The fact that there aren't any Hulk-fist sized holes and the crushed remnants of pirate ships around would indicate that they got here after the Hulk already left. He probably... leapt away as soon as he landed, which is why we won't find any footprints unless they're a mile out. Going after the pirates would probably be a good idea. I can probably work up some sort of gamma ray detector out of the gear they stripped from the shuttle, and hunt around for whatever surveillance equipment they built into it to keep an eye on the Hulk, maybe figure out what he was looking for in the first place."

He stopped, tapping his fingers against the holographic projector as a thought occurred to him.

"Although hang on, let me see if I can find where his initial launching point is. It's probably safe to say that he's gone in a straight line towards wherever the footsteps would point."

Let's check out those pirate dudes. There's always the chance they've got some useful tech we can beg/borrow/steal, and they might know something. Well actually now that I think about it, I could probably search the scene with Superhuman senses, etc couldn't I? Find some giant footprints or something? I'll edit in a roll later today when I get the chance to log in to Orokos.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

What's happening here?!?!


The Mighty THOR: Hulk Shuttle Remains
Team d8, 4pp, 0 Stress, 0 xp, Condition Normal (Questing!)


Thor nods as he examines the wreckage. "Indeed, 'tis no sign of the Hulk's rampage here, nor of his flight. It is not folly to think the beast took to the air, yet he wouldst have left the markers of such leaping, at least." The Odinson twirls Mjolnir absently as he peered about. "'Twould not be impossible to pick up the trail of the transfigured Banner, not to my godly sight. But methinks it wiser to speak with thine allies, Stellaris. Whilst I would speakest with Hulk first, even the MIGHTY THOR is not so bold as to presume to challenge Hulk's might without friends." He sighs, an odd gesture from one so boisterous.

"And with The Incredible Hulk, 'tis difficult to presume an encounter will not turn to combat. His rage is a thing of Legend. And 'tis true that I hadst heard of many groups venturing to the wilderness to hunt the emerald menace, none have met with success. Many have not returned. 'Tis likely that the Hulk will be...less-than-willing to speak. Yet attempt to speak to him we shall!" Thor nods triumphantly, as if the quest had already succeeded. "Now then, let us make haste to find Stellaris' friend pirates so that they may not walk into danger without cause!"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

Deadpool - Above the planet Xandar
Solo d8, 4pp, 1xp
Stress: P0 Md6 S0
Trauma: P0 M0 S0



potatocubed posted:

The Lamplight
I'm assuming you spent some PP to turn your reaction rolls into counterattacks. I think you're only supposed to be able to get one counterattack per roll, but I'm quite happy to waive that rule when it comes to mowing down mobs, so.

Brood reaction, supplemented by Doom: Stop that man!: 14 with a d10, which I'll spend more Doom to turn into a counterattack of my own. Take d10 physical stress!

I wasn't actually intending to counterattack, I just flavored the escape roll that way (and I probably misused my Area Attack SFX now that I think of it). oops. but yeah, I wasn't intending to blow my pp on that, can I get a pass on this one?

quote:

Deadpool exits stage left, pursued by the Brood. As he zaps himself into the corridor, he abruptly discovers even more broodlings and some of the larger, more colourful warrior Brood as they stampede for the escape pods. Every space he teleports into seems even more full of claws and blades and tearing barbs until he finally finds the space to BAMF himself into a pod and hit the release button.

It's pretty Cramped in the escape pod, between the boxes of Emergency Equipment. A diamondglass window shows a Star-Wars-esque view of the domes of Xandar ahead, with lights flickering alongside the stricken Lamplight as space people do glowy things.

The hulking form of a Brood queen is crammed in here with him, ovipositor tail waving over its shoulder.
"Join us, Wade," it slurs past its rows of fangs, "Relax and there will be no pain. Become the first of my new children. With your genetic powers we will be unstoppable..."

Its presence in Deadpool's mind is a crushing weight, squashing all thoughts of resistance. Wouldn't it be great to be the Alien instead of fighting them? He could be the merc with a mouth, with a mouth!

Psychic attack from the Brood queen! Solo d6, Node of the Hive Mind d8, Telepathy d10, Psych Expert d8. 9 with a d8, one opportunity. Success will create an Assimilated complication.

Doom: 3d10 + 1d12


REACTION ROLL:
Limit: Unstable, +1pp/step up mental stress
SFX: Healing Factor. spent 1pp to step down physical stress/trauma.
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore telepathy or mind control.
Solo d8, Cosmic Pain in the rear end d8, Godlike Stamina D12, Menace Expert d8

Mind Games: 3#1d8 1 5 2 1d12 3
8 (d8 effect) 1 opportunity


Little Yellow Box posted:

Haha, she thinks we have a mind to control!
"Too true, Little Yellow Box, too true!"
and in the close, stinking, confines of an alien escape pod...Deadpool starts to laugh.

And the camera pulls back on the pod, drifting through the silence and darkness towards the blasted out world of Xandar.
I'll do an Action later. -Ed.


RETCONS: I misunderstood some things, I'm all better now.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2013 around 22:12

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

The ensmuggenest.

Galacta, Near the Prisonship Lamplight
Solo d10, 1PP, 2XP, Asset: Surprise! d4

Whups. Sorry, little broodlings!, Galatea thinks with a slightly pained expression as insectile predators spill out into the void. I'm not trying to murder you all, despite your renowned malevolence!



Swinging around as her foe recorporates, Galacta turns to face him, squinting as he lashes out her literally. Raising her hand with sudden speed, power flows through her arm down to her palm as she lashes out with a flare of purple energy in silent response to counter the energy whips.

Reacting with Solo + Unlikely Guardian (d8) + Godlike Reflexes (multipower) + Cosmic Blast (multipower) + Combat Expert. Not quite enough, so spending 1PP to hold an extra die again, having a 19 with a d10 effect.

"So.", she says, "You went entirely immaterial, and you decided to keep something from your old organic shell, and went with 'I'm going to define myself by this ostentatious, ridiculous moustache'! A suggestion?" She points up to her head with a gloved finger. "Try a hat, maybe? Or..." Her back vanes start to fold and reconfigure, splitting into multiple pods, each glowing with cosmic power as she readies herself for a proper fight. "... maybe you should realize when you're out-&*%*ing-classed."

A bluff, maybe, but certainly one she's hedging.

Going to forge an Asset: Ordinary Nullifiers using Cosmic Technology, Solo + Daughter of the Devourer (d8) + Cosmic Supremacy (multipower) + Transmutation (multipower) + Tech Master + Cosmic Technology Total is 15 with a d12 effect (stepped up from a d10) and one opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

potatocubed posted:

Aks'Lo
Buying your opportunity. The Doom Pool beats you with 17 and a d10, though, and one opportunity if you want it. You could spend the PP I've just given you to activate that and create the asset as a d8 Tech resource.

That seems like a good idea. I'll do that. Do I get to define it or you? If it's me, I'll say... Godkiller's arrival broke through a few underground power cables, resulting in Sparking Wires.

Jol'Ynne - Fighting an angry Godkiller
PP: 1
XP: 1
Physcal Stress:
Mental Stress:
Emotional Stress:


Jol'ynne listens to Cor'Gt's explanation, and tries not to look as worried as she is. "Why do the killswitches in these things never work..."

Alright, new plan. Clearly the forcefields can't be relied on if the real thing is shattered so easily. She needs to move. And Xavin isn't going to be able to hold her for long. But against something designed to fight Thor conventional weapons will be useless...

The hammer. "Cor'Gt, aren't those hammers linked to one person? How is... forget it. No time. Get out of here."

With the forcefields on standby for the inevitable retaliation, Jol'ynne dashes across the former garden to the lost hammer, all senses locked onto Godkiller.
"I really hope the capacitors can take this..."

Does this still count as Solo now that Xavin and Karolina are helping out, or can I switch to Team? d8 or d10 for that. Solo or Team: 1#1d8 1 OR 1#1d10 8
Observe and Adapt d8, shapeshifting 2d8, mimic (Experimental Settings) d10, Science mastery d10. Mimic hammer-using: 3#1d8 7 4 4 2#1d10 9 5
And, if those Power Cables are an acceptable opportunity, grabbing onto them to provide some extra power for what is certainly going to take a lot of juice. Power cables?: 1d8 8

I'll spend my other PP to take a third dice from whichever pool is legal, and d10 effect. Sorry it's a little modular...


Edit: Oops, and Tag... the timer.

Elfface fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2013 around 21:38

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«8 »