Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Not Jol'Ynne, honest

The disguised Skrull looks around, her scanners checking the architecture for signs of life, before sending some of her soldiers to take cover in them. It would be pretty disastrous disguising oneself as a bird on a gargoyle, if that gargoyle turned out to be the enemy.

Then, the remaining crew are addressed. "Alright, if they're using passwords, they've been smart enough not to reveal them over comms. You-" she selects a Skrull at random, "Be a Schma'ag, we'll pretend we're here for the same reason as them. Guns for Pai'Bok. Address me as Captain Ar'Jak, and if things go badly, stop them from calling for rescue. OK? Go."

Dice time! Scanning for Skrull is Team 1d10, Observe and Adapt 1d8, Cybersenses 1d10, Tech d10
Scanning for Skrull: 3#1d10 4 9 9 1#1d8 5 18 with d10 effect

And then attempting to disguise and bluff in to the armoury team 1d10, Observe and Adapt 1d8, Shapeshifting 2d8, Covert Expert 1d8
Infiltrate the Armoury: 4#1d8 4 4 8 4 1#1d10 5
I'll spend a PP to take a third die, and get 16, with d10 effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Amadeus Cho: Pirate Camp
PP:3
XP: 3

"Oh! It's mechanical, that's even better."

Suddenly, lasers! Fascinated as he was by the shifting technological traits of Nebula's wardrobe, Amadeus caught the tightening of postures and low level hum of energy disrupters building up charge just in time to duck beneath a nearby piece of cover. He ran, dodging small arms fire as he calculated trajectories and best possible route/worst case projectile fragmentation arcs before coming to a stop at a rusty protrusion roughly in the shape of a parabolic dish.

"Microelectronics. But they're EM-hardened or otherwise you couldn't get them working this close to Thor, or handle the background radiation for this planet properly. The shielding doesn't handle direct current very well does it? Is there any kind of overcurrent interrupter? Let's find out!"

He yanked the cords hanging off the side of the dish and ducked just in time to avoid another blast which caused it to hum ominously as it bombarded Nebula with wide spectrum radiation.

Team d6=1, Mastermind Excello d8= 4, Superhuman senses d10=10, Science Master d10=7 10+7 = 17 d8 and there's a 1 for you to use.

Team d6=6, Mastermind Excello d8= 6, Superhuman senses d10=9, Science Master d10=5 9+6 = 15 d10

That done, let's further complicate that Shorted Equipment complication-

Team d6=5, Mastermind Excello d8= 1, Physical Stress (on Nebula) d8= 5, Superhuman senses d10=5, Science Master d10=3, Bonus from SFX d6 =2 5+5+12 = 22 d10 stepped up to a d12 effect due to my SFX, Troublemaker. I'll spend a PP to add another die on there.

Oops I forgot that d12 Complication d12 = 11

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Everything's Coming Up Ronan
Solo D10, No Stress, 1 PP, 1 XP

Well, this worked out with a lot less violence than I anticipated, Ronan thought sadly to himself. He soldiered on, however, and with authority, declared, "I will take in protective custody onto my ship, Blackmane, so long as you reveal all that you know and recant your false testimony. And you may come, too, bowl-headed warper of reality, if you stop screaming so much. At least try turning it into, I don't know, foreboding cackles of doom or something."

With that, Ronan grabbed a hold of both aliens and began flying toward his ship. Realizing a couple of miles up that they may not be able to survive an oxygenless environment or escape velocity from the moon as easily as he could, Ronan decided to hover in place and call the ship to him.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Pirates!
I'll buy Amadeus' opportunity for a PP. Nebula defends: Team d8, Power-Hungry (ho ho) d4, Enhanced Speed d10, Tech Expert 2d6. A spectacular 7.

Nebula tries to dive out of the way of the dish on general principles, not quite understanding what Amadeus is doing but knowing it can't be good, but she can't outrun radiation. A cascading failure tears through her high-tech weapons and armour, taking her cybernetics offline at the same time; she collapses in a heap, dragged down by the weight of her suddenly-inert enhancements.

Stellaris looms over her.

"Alright, fun's over!" she booms, her armour enhancing her voice so that it echoes among the ruination. "You don't want to get beat down, we're bored of beating you, so put your weapons away and chill out."

The pirates, having seen their leader defeated, several of their number felled by their own shots as reflected by Thor, and their base in real danger of being obliterated by Stellaris' firepower, are quick to comply - and as they stand down, there's a strange sense of a charge in the air dissipating.

Stellaris, her armour reverting to a smaller state, looks confused as she listens to her communicator.

"I'm getting a message from Tana," she says. She frowns. "Not making a bit of sense, but what's new? I'm gonna go grab her quick, bring her back here while you build your whatever. All the Graces in one place again."

With a roar of unnecessary jet engines she rockets into the sky, leaving Amadeus and Thor in the pirate camp.

No need to roll to make a Hulk-tracker; you can just build one. Do whatever you feel like doing in the pirate camp and then we can move on to chatting to Tana and/or Hulk-hunting.

Aks'Lo Armour-boretum
Scan vs the Doom Pool is successful (just). Skrulls resist deception with Team 4d8, Fanatically Loyal d8, Covert Expert d8. They get 16 with a d8, but aggressor wins ties so everything goes off without a hitch...

P.S. Remember that your helpers count as a d8 asset for times when they would be useful, so you could have rolled that as well. You also have your d10 communications asset, but you can only include one asset on a roll.

The deception goes off exactly as planned. One of Jo's helpers shapeshifts into the form of a schma'ag and lumbers out of the sidestreet, Jo and her other minion flanking it. Upon announcing that they're there to help load weapons, 'Captain Ar'Jak' is directed inside.

"Talk to the scientist," the warskrull says. "He's 'in charge'."

Scanning as she goes, Jo detects several more warskrulls hidden in various shapes amid the trees and statuary, given away by the density of their weapons and implants. Most of them are stationed around the perimeter, with only a few inside.

Following the warskrull's directions Jo finds a large cargo lift that used to be hidden behind a decorative fresco of skrulls slaying kree. With her and her lone minion aboard, the lift rumbles down past the basement of the arboretum and into the reinforced armoury bunker below. To one side, racks stand empty where pulse rifles and heavier conventional armaments have been moved upstairs. On the other side a range of pedestals hold more esoteric weapons, each labelled with skrull glyphs: antimatter bombs, bloodhunter missiles, sealed spheres of flesh-dissolving nanites... the cutting edge of skrull weapons of mass destruction.

And over there is the device Jo came here for: the molecular de-agitator, currently being studied by a frowning Cor'Gt as he tries to work out whether or not it's something he wants. He looks up as the lift reaches the floor.

"I don't know you," he says, narrowing his eyes. "Who are you and what do you want?"

You can assume your deception holds - he'll believe you if you lie about who you are.

Energy Moon 8a
Ronan hovers in the air and sends the command to his ship to come and meet them - but the basic AI on Ronan's ship is having enough trouble keeping itself intact in the face of the overwhelming firepower of the invasion fleet. He's going to have to go and meet it.

Unfortunately, hovering in the air has attracted the attention of the swarming fighters. As they whirl past they spray deadly laser fire at the Supreme Accuser and his two passengers.

The advance fleet opens fire with Team 5d8, Blotting Out the Sun d8, Energy Blast d12, Area d6, Combat Experts d8: 16 with a d8 effect each on Ronan and Mysterio. Defend yourselves! Also tag whoever out of Ronan and Mysterio posts first - you two will finish up the round, so you'll get to tag whoever you want to start round 2.

I'll treat making your escape as creating and improving an asset: push it past d12 and you've got away! Blackmane counts as a d6 asset if you find yourself needing to do cybernetic things, and kind of dead weight otherwise.

Xandar
"No problem, me old mucker," Skreet says, grinning wickedly. "I got a mate on the outside who's furnished me with this little beauty."

She folds her hands in a complex manner that makes them seem to pass through each other and produces a tiny black orb. With a flick of her wrist she projects the orb into the bottle that holds her - the circuitry around it flares and dies and the bottle disintegrates in a shower of glass fragments. Skreet cackles and buzzes into the air, beginning to glow with a pink radiance.

"Everybody always thinks big in places like this," she says, flying over to the door and wedging her arm into the crack. "'Got to make a cell that can hold big purple hat hisself' sort of thing." She flexes, and the lock starts to make terrible cracking noises - she is a lot stronger than her size would indicate. "No one ever expects the little girly to make the big mess."

With a final crack and a blaze of electrical sparks, the lock finally gives way and the door swings open. An alarm begins to sound.

"Ta-da!" Skreet flourishes towards the open door. "Let's grab your stuff and rip this place wide open!"

"Not so fast!" A Nova centurion comes streaking into view down the corridor. "Back in your cell, miscreants!"

Fight! Deadpool goes first. You can try to take this guy unarmed, or you can use your action to roll against the Doom Pool to recover your stuff.

--

o O (The restoration of Xandar was the result of careful forethought and planning; we keep a DNA sample of every Xandarian in the event that the race is threatened with Annihilation once again. Provided with suitable DNA we have the facility to grow or regrow almost any life form.)

The giant helmet of the Worldmind turns to study Gali with its empty eyes.

o O (It would be of benefit to the universe if some solution to your - and your father's - hunger could be found. We should work together in pursuit of this goal - would you permit us to scan you and see what we can discover?)

Doom: 2d8 + 1d10 + 3d12

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Captain Ar'Jak

No need to complicate matters, thinks Jol'Ynne. There's bound to be plenty of soldiers Gor'Gt hasn't met yet. "I'm Captain Ar'Jak. I heard a rumour on the comms that this place is set to be demolished when you leave? Thought you might need some extra hands, and stowage. And if a few extra pieces made their way into our pockets? Well, they were going to be destroyed anyway..."

Jol'Ynne gives herself a mental pat on the back at her deception. Cor'Gt would never expect someone to help for free, but a win-win situation like this would be perfect. She assumes. She directs the soldiers to start loading up, even before getting an answer from Cor'Gt, and carries on talking.

"You may not recognize me, but I think I know you. You're that scientist... Lord Paibok's prized advisor, I hear..." Flattery, of course, but the situation seems to warrant it.

She carefully does not make mention of the prized Godkiller-Killer, assuming that if Cor'Gt thinks it might be taken away, he'll be all the keener to hold on to it. Instead, she plans to waste some time, and then offer to help him carry 'whatever that is' out, before 'the demolition'.

Of course, there's a distinct possibility the team will have to fight GK in here... Jol'Ynne mentally notes that as Plan B. The extra weapons would help, of course, but if they go off by, oh, being blasted with fire or an experimental molecular de-agitator, it wouldn't be very pleasant at all.

Edit: And 3XP for 'Use shapeshifting to infiltrate an enemy location'

Elfface fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 31, 2013

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Pirate Camp
Buddy d6, 3pp, 0 Stress, 1 xp, Condition Normal (Victory! Also, thirsty!)

Thor grins as Nebula collapses under her own weight and the rest of the pirates stand down, slinging Mjolnir back onto it's belt loop and wiping his hands as he laughs. "HA! A most excellent battle, friends! Thine mind continues to be a wonder, young Amadeus!" He claps the earthling on his back in a celebratory fashion and watches as Stellaris races off. Thor contemplates the sensation of the charge dissipating in the air, but knowing it wasn't his own abilities he assumes it's simply the pirates' weaponry powering down.

"Now then, I shall leave thee to the completion of thy device. Mine own efforts shall be spent elsewhere..." He smirks and stoops in front of the collapsed Nebula-shaped heap, carefully poking her forehead with a finger. "Nebula, thou have been overmatched! Yet it need not end in such utter shame for thee. If thy swear thy services to our cause, I am certain that young Ser Cho can repair thy functions!"

The God of Thunder pauses for a moment, then lifts Nebula's head to look at his face. "Thy can start by intoning to me where thy keeps thine mead. Verily, this adventure hast left the Thunderer with a MIGHTY THIRST, and 'tis my quest to quench it!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

o O (Yeah, I don't think DadG is going to listen to anything even if you come up with something, 'No time to develop a solution, got another planet to because I hunger!', he's just a big, fork-headed thug who never listens to-)

Halting her thoughts, Galacta manages a sigh-approximation, trying to regain her composure. It's hard to keep her infuriation re: her father under wraps, though, because he never listens because he's a big, fat-hatted- wait, that's perhaps a bit too meta.

o O (- okay, I admit, our metabolisms to match our scales, he's hooked on the 'trans fats' which are your populated worlds. Scans, though? Well, I'm not really up for anything invasive.)

Pushing her glasses again, her arms fold her her typical fashion, taking a little more of a defensive stance.

o O (I suppose you can if you like otherwise, but keep in mind I've already examined myself with technology from before time, and keep coming up a bit short on defying the whole conservation of energy dilemma!)

Galacta's metaphorical hackles will be raised and she'll be watching to see what the Worldmind does - Solo + Emotionally Volatile (d4) + Cosmic Awareness + Tech Master (2d8) = 10 with a d12 effect and one opportunity, and +1 PP.

Edit: belatedly tagging DP.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 1, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ronan
Buddy D8, No Stress, 1 PP, 4 XP

A lesser being might know fear at suddenly facing a small fleet of warships, but Ronan of course felt little more than exasperation. He refused to budge, allowing the blasts to pepper his armor (and belatedly realizing he was also allowing them to hit his passengers, but no time for regret in battle!). Focusing his will on the Universal Weapon, Ronan captured as much of the energy as possible while simultananeously unleashing a blast of cosmic power at the nearest offending ship.

Eager to mete out more justice, he looped in the air and sent a volley of bursts from the Universal Weapon toward the small fleet.

OOC: My presumption is that Blackmane isn't really part of this fight, hence Buddy and not Team situation... let me know if I should replace the D8 with a D6. Okay, on with the rolls!
Defense:
D8 Buddy + D8 Wandering Exile + D10 Superhuman Durability + D10 Cosmic Mastery + D8 Combat Expert = 17 with D10 effect, going to use my Absorption SFX to convert the fleet's D8 Effect into a Universal Weapon power stunt on my next action (worth 3 XP! already added in above)... and going to spend my 1 PP to react right now! on a counter-attack, so D8 Stress against the fleet.

Reaction Attack roll:
D8 Buddy + D8 You Stand Accused! + D8 Enhanced Reflexes + D10 Energy Blast + D8 Combat Expert + D8 Universal Weapon Power Stunt + 5D6 Area Attack SFX = 14 with 1 D10 effect die, 3 D8 effect dice, and 1 D6 effect die against the Fleet's 5d8 (or possibly 4d8 after my counter-attack). Edit: I rolled one D6 too many, but that wound up not making a difference.

And actual action:
D8 Buddy + d8 You Stand Accused! + D8 Enhanced Reflexes + 2D10 Energy Blast (Unleashed SFX) + D8 Combat Expert = 17 with D8 effect
Edit: I guess save this for the next round?

Mysterio is up!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 1, 2013

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Buddy d6, No Stress, 0 PP, 5 XP

How is it that so much could go wrong in such a short amount of time? This alien judge/Punisher must be a curse or something. Seeing that the alien was just going to sit there and take the hit, Mysterio frees himself from Ronan's grasp and starts to fall towards the exploding prison. But with a push of a button, Mysterio's cape withdraws back into the suit and his built-in jet pack saves him from gravity. Too bad the jet pack wasn't fast enough to dodge lasers, but Mysterio wasn't out of tricks yet. Once more, green gas fills the air around him, hopefully masking himself from the fighters' sensors, and a small amount of holographic Mysterio's fly out from the cloud. Sure enough, the swarm focused its attention on the fakes, just like Ronan did earlier.

But that won't last forever, so it was time for the next trick. Like before, he creates a holographic, giant Mysterio, this one with (fake) energy swirling around its fists, and sends the illusion out into space. Hopefully this new enemy wasn't more perceptive than Ronan, or the three of them would doubtlessly be surrounded in a few moments. Assuming Ronan doesn't kill the fighters first, anyways, not that Mysterio was complaining.

For my reaction, trying to hide myself in a group of holographic Mysterio's.
Buddy d6+New to this "Cosmic" Thing d4(+1 PP)[Did not expect to be attacked by lasers while the moon blows up]+Illusory Duplicates 3d8+Invisibility d8+Tech Master 2d8
Taking the two 8's, spending the PP I gained to add a 7, Total is 23, Effect: d8. One opportunity rolled.

For my action, going to try an create a "An Opening!" asset, letting us escape.
Buddy d6+Extremely Theatrical d8+Illusions d10+Gas Emitter d8+Tech Master 2d8
Using two 7's and spending my last PP to add a 6 for a Total of 20, Effect d10. Here's hoping potatocubed buys my opportunity from the last roll.

As I explained in the OOC thread, tagging Ronan next so that he can use that second action he rolled by mistake. I would suggest he tag the enemy afterwards, however, so we don't allow the space invaders to attack twice.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

"I'll be right with you Thor, I just want to check a few things over..."

He winced and mouthed the word "Sorry" at Nebula although in likelihood she probably wouldn't see, and immediately began picking through the scavenged materials from the downed shuttle. Amadeus cracked his knuckles and began to pick away at wires and electrical components.

"Alright superguys, let's see just how Big Brother you built your fascist space shuttle of exile to be. How'd he get control and what did he beeline this planet?"

Well I'd like to look for a few things besides parts for a gamma-scanner, I'm guessing there's some sort of navigational log or possibly security camera footage available. Is there a way to take a look at that and give us some clues as to what the Hulk is looking for on this planet or what his most recently recorded state of mind is like? If that can get done, or even if it can't I'm totally fine with us moving on to the next scene.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Aks'Lo
"Hardly his prized advisor," Cor'Gt grumbles, scowling. "He listens only to that spindly freak the Harrow - the thing isn't even a skrull."

He snorts in disgust.

"But no matter. The Baroness never understood the raw potential of skrull bio-engineering, and that will be her downfall. With the Power-Skrull's backing I will be able to create a new army of super-skrulls, fit to make these devices-" Cor'Gt grunts and waves his hand dismissively at the weapons arrayed all around. "-seem like mere toys."

"Not that we should leave them unattended," he adds. "When Godkiller arrives to ruin the place she might set something off, and then we will probably all die. Load up everything you can carry and get upstairs; I think this will be our last trip."

Jo grabs the molecular de-agitator as a priority while her helper loads other weapons into a crate. The freight elevator rumbles upwards even as part of the wall of the reinforced armoury begins to glow and crack - Godkiller melting through from the other side - but Jo doesn't have to face her again. Hurrying a bit, she and the others get out of the arboretum before it starts to shake itself apart under the influence of Godkiller's volcanic powers.

"Maniac," Cor'Gt mutters under his breath, sweating a little as he jogs clear of the shuddering building. Flowing out of the elaborate stonework to join you all at a safe distance come the hidden skrulls of his squad.

"Soldiers!" Cor'Gt shouts. "Let's get these weapons delivered and see what the Power-Skrull wishes of us next. Jump to it!"

His squad forms up around their schma'ag and begins to move out. Cor'Gt glances to Jo and her assistants.

"Come on. You too."

Follow Cor'Gt to Paibok's lair? Run for it? Other?

Pirate Camp
"I serve no-one," Nebula forces out. "My systems are self-repairing."

"The grog's in there," says a baluurian space pirate, interrupting Thor's victory gloat. He points into a nearby building which is at a precarious lean following some stray shot or other. A short search rewards the Odinson with a barrel of brown-tinged liquid that evaporates on the tongue and leaves nothing but a heavy kick and a vague citrus taste behind.

Nebula's boasts are not idle: by the time Thor exits the shack with his prize Nebula's arm has rebooted and she has pushed herself into a sitting position.

Meanwhile Amadeus makes himself busy with what bits and pieces of the Hulk's shuttle he can find amid the wreckage. Hooking what's left of the various flight recorders and in-craft cameras up to a vid-display he projects scattered images from the craft's recent past: the Hulk, contained, raging at his betrayal; Bruce Banner, resigned to his fate, lost in a past recreated by the craft's holographic generators; then a sudden intrusion - a golden man who shines like glory and speaks in a voice like bells. He can rescue Banner, he says, can give him real people to talk to and real dirt beneath his feet. All Banner has to do is want it.

The computer records get confused at this point. The rocket was specifically not meant to be controllable by its inhabitant, but the records - and the in-craft footage - clearly show Banner taking the controls. Despite never having practiced his aeronautics or space flight, his landing trajectory is textbook-perfect. Not as in 'someone was controlling the ship on his behalf' but more that for a few hours Bruce Banner had the piloting skills of an experienced spacehand.

But land the rocket does, in the location where Amadeus and Thor found it, and the exterior cameras show the golden man waiting for it.

"Welcome to Godthab Omega, Dr Banner," he says as Banner steps out of the spacecraft, looking a little bewildered. "But it is your alter ego I require. Be angry."

He waves his hand and blasts Banner with golden cosmic energy, triggering an instantaneous transformation into the Hulk. Laughing, the golden figure teleports away - roaring, bestial in his fury, the Hulk crouches and leaps, leaving the footprints Amadeus found at the shuttle landing site.

"Who is that golden man?" Nebula asks. "And what is he doing on my planet?"

Xandar
The Worldmind is going to scan itself an asset: d8 solo, d8 All The Resources of Xandar, d12 Godlike Senses, d10 Science Master, d6 Knowledge Storehouse SFX. 15 with a d12 so it'll create a d12 Scanned Galacta asset, which isn't going to see any action right now but may do later.

Gali feels the Worldmind's scan of her form; not really invasive but certainly thorough. Bending the power of Xandar to its will, it creates an exacting record of her being.

o O (You are mighty, yes, but many minds may see a solution where one cannot. For example, conversation of energy is of little concern in the region of the Crunch, where the Negative Zone and material universe brush against one another. The power generated by the matter-antimatter reactors there is projected to last until slightly before the heat death of the universe.)

The mental voice pauses for a moment.

o O (Excuse us if we seem distracted. An above-average number of crises are occuring in the universe at this moment. It may require slightly longer than normal to respond to any questions you may have.)

--

"Get 'im, earthman!" Skreet shouts at Wade as she darts past the centurion to go to work on the other cell doors. "Let's get this riot going!"

Kyln Energy Moon 8a
Yeah, Blackmane doesn't really count for buddy/team-ness. He's just there.

Fleet defends against Ronan: team 5d8, Blotting Out the Sky d8, Godlike Durability d12, Combat Experts d8. 15 with a d12. And against Mysterio: Going to activate that opportunity for extra Doom. Team 5d8, Blotting d8, Combat Experts d8. 16 with a d8, one opportunity after I spend some Doom to keep another die. You get your An Opening! asset at d10.

Ronan catches the fleet's lasers and flings them right back into the teeth of the swarm but does little other than deplete the shields of a few of the fighters as they swarm around. The wind howls louder than the superstructure as more and more of the moon disintegrates in the face of the vast forces unleashed - and then looming out of the chaos comes Cosmic Mysterio, power crackling around his gauntleted fists. The fleet turns as one to engage this new target, leaving a hole in their formation that a pair of daring flyers could exploit.

But there are always more ships. Behind the fighters come destroyers, launching wave after wave of hunter-killer torpedoes as they come. Despite the target-rich environment, there are enough left over to choose Ronan and Mysterio as targets.

Fleet opens fire some more using its Area SFX. 16 with a d8 effect against each of you.

Tag Mysterio to close out the round.

Doom: 2d10 + 3d12

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne

As tempting as it is to set off some grenades and strike a blow for the legitimate government, Jol'Ynne doesn't like the odds right now. Too many trained soldiers, with access to high-threat weaponry. And 'going back on patrol' isn't much of an excuse.

Instead, she sends a message to her own hidden soldiers.
-Find a lookout, or security camera, and show it a 'Resistance strike team'. We'll come 'hunting' for you.-

Then, she pays close attention to the intercepted comms, sits up on her 'dumb cargo beast' and inspects the loot, pocketing or arming herself with a few choice picks, as a Captain should.
"Might as well head back with you. Our patrol was a bust, the Former-Baroness must be lying low. Too scared to try anything."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Pirate Camp
Buddy d6, 3pp, 0 Stress, 1 xp, Condition Normal (Thirst Quenched!)

Thor audibly guzzles the pirate grog, finishing with a satisfied exhale as he wanders back into the main area, where the rest of the camp's occupants are watching the playback from the Hulk's shuttle.

The Thunder God narrows his eyes with a grunt as he smacks his lips after another sip as Nebula fumes at the golden man. "The villain has the look of mine treacherous brother upon his features." The Thunderer growls darkly as he views the figure on the screen. "Methinks he is a trickster at least, and a scoundrel aside. Any who would knowingly provoke Doctor Banner seeks destruction. Lo, he is either a madman or a monster, and he must be opposed!"

Thor drops his mug noisily to the cave floor and turns back toward the pirate leader. "Nebula, thy Graces have been victims of a trick most foul. This golden schemer hast given unto thee a magnificent bait, indeed, in the form of the Rampaging Hulk! Yet, truly thy must see that this bait will surely lead thee to a trap! And so, heed mine words. Thor beseeches thee - gather the Graces, but sally forth not - at least not yet." The Thunder God sagely nods. "Allow young Master Cho and mineself to confront the Hulk, so surely we shall also draw forth this hidden menace - and upon him spring a trap of our own, the Graces shall then be most able to confront the Golden One, and cast him out of thy presence!" Thor pounds a fist into his open hand to punctuate his statement, but then glances at both Amadeus and Nebula for confirmation that his plan, such that it was, made sense, at least to mortal senses.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Deadpool - Escaping prison - On the planet Xandar
Buddy d10, 3pp, 2xp
Stress: P0 Md6 S0
Trauma: P0 M0 S0

Little Yellow Box posted:

Time to go to work!

"They're playing my song!" Deadpool shouts with glee as he steps forward to the first of the faceless goons charging towards him.

Deadpool may have lost his gear, but he's far from defenseless, he grabs the nearest centurion, and do-si-dos him facefirst into the dorky helmet of the next, he doesn't even pause to hear the crunch of breaking bone and yelp of pain before he's onto the next, and the next, and the next. a whirling dervish of mad laughter, martial arts, and body parts bent in ways they were never meant to go.

"ERRY DAY I'M SHUFFLIN' SHUFFLIN' SHUFFLIN'!" He cackles aloud
A Dance of Death, indeed.

ACTION ROLL:
Limit: Unstable. Step up mental stress to d6 gain 1 PP.(+1xp)
1pp to Add a D8 stunt die for using combat master to do a "Dance of Death"
Buddy d10, best at doing what wolverine does d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Combat Master d10, Godlike Stamina d12 (-1pp), d6 push (-1pp), Dance of Death d8 (-1pp)
DP tryin ta get a hand beezy: 3#1d8 4 8 4 2#1d10 8 9 1d12 7 1d6 1
17 (d12 effect) 1 opportunity

Sorry for the delay in posting, mea culpa, also I'm pretty sure since my gear limit is active, I can't use any of the SFX for that powerset? I know I can't use the traits.

I only ask because I really wish I could use my area affect SFX right now :v:

Tagging Gali
Doom:
2d10 + 3d12
[sub]
RETCONS:

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 8, 2013

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

"Well my first three guess are- A jerk, some sort of magic space guy out to Ming the Merciless everybody, or somebody hiding behind a Wizard of Oz gimmick. Do you guys have Google out here in space?"

He reached his hand out and twiddled with the nearest information terminal, somewhat leery and hesitant to be the first unmodified human being in space to plumb the seas of alien infospace. Despite his best efforts, an image flickered across his hyper-sensitive memory and he shuddered with the attempt to repress it. The wedding band reflected back at the cameraman, whose dress and facial expression made everything so very much worse.

"Uh, on second thought if you think the guy's a mysterious mystery let's just table that for later. Finding the Hulk before he does any more damage or falls into the golden magic space guy's schemes is probably a good idea."

Amadeus held up a ragged device that looked suspiciously like a handyvac jury rigged to a bucket.

"I made a gamma sniffer! It let's us home in on large concentrations of gamma radiation."

If we can somehow get an internet connection I'll GIS "Golden magic space guy" but otherwise I'll take Nebula at her word that golden magic space guy is as much a mystery to her as he is to us. The mystery can be afoot on somebody else's time though, we've got a Hulk to find!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
3 pp, 6 xp

o O (I wish I would consume energy in such a raw state, but it has to be 'cooked' into more complex and delicious systems. Of course, the fact that random evolution seems to work better than any recipe I come up with is a little bit frustrating...!), Galacta answers with a pout.

She looks away, distracted by such thoughts of food. o O (Are you sure you need to imprison those brood? I mean, they're not exactly thoughtful galactic citizens, and I could really go for some ugly noms.), she asks quietly - and rhetorically. Well. She could go for any noms, at this point.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Buddy d6, d8 Physical Stress, d10 "An Opening!" asset, 2(now 0) PP, 8 XP

Well, part of the plan was successful. A large amount of the fighters started to chase after the Giganto Mysterio, but those that remained seemed unfazed by Ronan's attacks. In fact, that only seemed to make them angrier. And since this day just has to keep getting worse, the strong winds as the atmosphere of the prison was venting made any attempt to hide behind his gas unfeasible. Mysterio tried to dodge the incoming fire, with the help of his projections to distract the fleet, but eventually one of the torpedoes explodes nearby, sending Mysterio flying.

After first making sure he was alive, Beck started to panic. His special sensor-masking gas seemed to confuse the fighters, but there just didn't seem to be a way to make it "stick" before being vented harmlessly into space. "Wait, that's it! Ronan or whatever your name is, there's no point in fighting a fleet, and I have one more "cheap trick", as you called it. Be prepared to make a run for it, or for things to get really, really bad. And at least try to prevent Blackmane from being hit by lasers or missiles."

Reaching out with his sliver of cosmic powers, Mysterio begins to bend and compress the air rushing out into space, controlling it to form a vortex. He then dumps as much of the special gas into the vortex as possible, before trying to release the built-up winds in the direction of the fleet, while still preventing it from just dispersing into space. If all goes well, the "cosmic wind" should keep the gas hovering around the ships. Or, you know, he could open up a wormhole or something, since he never tried to do anything like this before.

Trying to dodge the torpedoes, using Extremely Theatrical as a d4 due to Mysterio's need to flourish while dodging.
Buddy d6+Extremely Theatrical d4(+1 PP)+Illusory Duplicates 3d8+Flight d6+Acrobatics Expert 2d6
Taking 6+5, spending the PP I just got to add another 5 for a Total of 16, Effect d8. Still get hit, but at least the enemy's effect die didn't step up. Spending my last PP to activate that opportunity to create a d8 Science Master resource, "Sensor-Interfering Gas".

And now to put my ridiculous plan into action, in the hopes of stepping up the "An Opening!" asset.
Not sure if my Remnants of the Infinity Gem SFX works here, if it applies to just creating assets or can help step up existing ones. If not, then ignore the fourth d6.
Buddy d6+New to this "Cosmic" Thing d4(+1 PP)+Reality Control 2d6+Remnants of the Infinity Gem d6+Gas Emitter d8+"Sensor-Interfering Gas" d8+"An Opening!" d10+Science Master d10

Using the 5 and 7, spending the PP I just got to add a 5 for Total 18, Effect d10 (d12 if stepped up from my SFX). One opportunity rolled for potatocubed.
This also means the doom pool gets a die equal to my effect die because I used Surge in Power, which also means I get 3 XP.

Oh yeah, and the enemy gets to use my d8 physical stress in their reaction. Tagging Ronan to start the new round, although I'd advise him to try and step up the asset as well, since we don't really need to destroy the enemy.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Aks'Lo
It's not long before the comms light up with reports of a resistance strike force in the area. Jo makes to turn aside to 'hunt' them, but Cor'Gt snaps at her.

"No! I am in charge, and I say we deliver these weapons to Paibok as a matter of priority. You can chase glory in battle when the mission is finished, if Godkiller doesn't wipe them out on her way past."

On cue, with a sound so loud it's felt more than heard, the sky lights up several streets behind you: Godkiller hard at work levelling the armoury with her seismic powers.

Pirate Camp and Beyond
A quick search for 'golden magic space guys' turns up a result in the Hulk-shuttle computer: Glorian, a powerful ex-human psychic in the service of the Shaper of Worlds. The Fantastic Four went up against him several times, and Richards' notes indicate that like his master Glorian has vast cosmic might but cannot make lasting changes with it. He also requires a 'focus' - someone whose dreams he can bring to life - in order to use the full extent of his power. Using the Hulk as a focus seems like his MO, but keeping him angry doesn't. He's up to something new here.

Armed with that knowledge and a gamma sniffer Amadeus and Thor set off. The Hulk's signature is plain even on an alien planet with several strange radiation fields; a few hours after setting off the duo are almost on top of him, and can track him by the sound of shattering landscape.

A space has been cleared amid the mesas and columns, Debris Everywhere suggesting that it was less intentional clearing and more the Hulk destroying everything around. Near the centre of the space the Green Goliath roars with frustration as he lashes out at a tall woman in flowing black robes. Her skin is blank white and she wields a halberd that blazes with green energy as she dodges the Hulk's fists by inches.

"Kill me if you can, beast!" she yells, slashing at him with her energy staff.

"HULK SMASH TINY LADY!!" Hulk howls, an overhead punch cratering the earth where the woman stood seconds before.

"Yes!" the woman shouts, jabbing him again to similarly little effect. "Give me the worthy death I crave!"

Xandar
Yes, when Gear is shut down it shuts down the whole thing including SFX. Nova defence! Team 3d8, Space Cop d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Combat Expert d8. 13 with a d8, one opportunity, which means you knock away one of their team dice.

The Nova Corps staffing the prison are experienced defenders of the galaxy, well-briefed on the powers and abilities of those in their care - but overconfidence can be a deadly flaw, and Deadpool takes gleeful advantage.

"No!" shouts the evident leader. "Don't let him get close! Fly! Use your blasters! And don't hold back, he's a regenerator!"

The tight confines of the prison corridor prevent them from making great use of their superior mobility, but they make a good try: Deadpool is soon the target of a hail of golden lasers.

They fight back! I'm spending a d10 Doom to give them a Know Your Enemy asset. Team 2d8, Space Cop d8, Force Blast d6, Flight d6, Combat Expert d8, Know Your Enemy d10. 16 with a d8.

Meanwhile, Skreet busies herself cracking door after door, laughing maniacally all the while. More centurions arrive to quell the riot but find themselves confronted with the worst, most violent scum of the universe pouring out in greater and greater numbers.

It's all looking a bit messy.

--

Meanwhile, in the Worldmind's chamber, the giant helmet seems to get ever-more distracted.

o O (The Kyln is undergoing a catastrophic failure cascade. Reports are garbled. Prisoners are breaking free.)

o O (There is also a breakout occuring in the containment dome.) A tremor of concern seems to shade the Worldmind's mental tone. o O (A consensus has been reached. Aid us now in its time of need, and all the brood warriors shall be yours.)

A slight mental sniff, as of one collective intelligence judging another.

o O (They are a hive mind. So long as one queen remains their culture will survive.)

Energy Moon 8a
I think the SFX only applies to the initial creation of assets - not that it matters in this case since a d10 and a d12 effect will both only step up the asset to d12. Also, I'll buy that opportunity. Defence: Team 5d8, Mysterio stress d8, and... um... not much else is applicable. 14 with a d8. Your asset steps up to d12.

Mysterio's plan works - his green gas whirls and funnels, shrouding the whole battlefield in thick sensor-defeating fog. In the chaos ships streak past, colliding with buildings and each other, sending debris spinning through the void - but their careful formation disintegrates, leaving Mysterio and Ronan almost home free.

Doom: 1d6 + 2d10 + 3d12

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne

Well... that didn't go as planned. At least 'irritated and angry' isn't hard for Jo to fake right now.

"As you command." She growls, while sending another secret message to the squad.

-They're not going for it. You'll have to attack us. Make it look good, and frighten the 'pack beast' into bolting.-

As the patrol marches on, Jo examines the de-agitator, to see if her implants can mimic it. Considering what it's to be used for, a spare would be very useful.

Solo 1d8, Skrull Scientist 1d8, mimic 1d8, tech master 1d10

Mimic the godkillerkiller: 3#1d8 1 8 3 1#1d10 1
Yikes... and all out of PP too... things are about to get interesting.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

o O (Kyln doesn't break, that thing's been around nearly as long as Papa G, I-) Galacta halts in open thought. Did the Worldmind just say she could eat the Brood? Well. That's surprising. She hadn't really thought about what she would do in that eventuality. She'd expected a bit more... moral inflexibility.

o O (There's a slight problem in that the amount of cosmic energy needed to stop a breakout versus the amount of cosmic energy I'm going to get from nobbling up a pack of Brood. Not exactly a trade in my favor.) She folds her arms, huffing. o O (Still, I guess I better help you out. Matchstick would be très upset if I just let his homeworld get overrun!) Well, see, Firelord has this big stick, and it's on fire, so- well, she doesn't care if anybody else gets it.

Floating up, her arms still folded, she looks over to the Worldmind, sighing, and then makes her way off. Focusing on a little bit of her Cosmic Awareness, she tries to home in the nearest disaster. Maybe she can nibble on some of the prisoners, at least? Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, in any case!

Tagging Poolio.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Amadeus Cho: A Mesa too far

"Hulk! We're here to help you!"

Amadeus slipped the gamma sniffer into his pocket and waved his open hands in the direction of the Hulk, shouting in what he hoped was the simplest and most easily understood sentences to the enraged giant. Keeping a safe distance as he nonetheless ran towards the combatants he lobbed a D cell battery which he'd palmed at the woman's blazing halberd, which predictably sheared off against its edge and dropped a molten lump of acid straight onto the toe of her shoe.

"Hey crazy emo space lady! Just LEAVE. HULK. ALONE!"

Unless this turns out to be a clone, robot, mental projection, or solid light hologram of the Hulk I'd like to claim my 10 XP Milestone please. Oh and I'll start us off by giving crazy emo space lady a Complication, Hot Foot.

Team d6=2, Mastermind Excello d8= 5, Superhuman senses d10=1, Science Master d10=10, Bonus from SFX d6 =4 10+5+4 = 19 d6 stepped up to a d8 effect due to my SFX, with a 1 there for you potatocubed. I will also spend a PP to toss on another die to the pile.

I'll tag the mighty Thor next.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Battlegrounds of Godthab Omega
Buddy d6, 2pp, 0 Stress, 1 xp, Condition Normal (Making it Rain!)

Thor frowned a moment as he took in the battle. Given what they knew, or rather, what they didn't, it stood to reason that Glorian was engineering this conflict, though the Thunderer knew not why. And that was frustrating. Glorian might have even been engineering Thor's involvement, and that vexed him yet further.

Still, despite his anachronistic manner, Thor wasn't a fool (or at least he thought as much), and so he took Mjolnir in hand as he strode forward and cleared his throat.

"Battle-sister of Stellaris!" For the Odinson assumed he was speaking to a Grace, here. "Thine efforts are wasteful, for we hast discovered another, unseen hand doth manipulate the tides of this conflict! Thy blade is therefore turned against thee, though thy canst not see it!" Thor raised Mjolnir high above his head as he twirled it, a storm cloud quickly forming over all four of them. "Therefore, the Thunderer does command: end this conflict, NOW!" A crack of thunder accompanied the last of Thor's words, and rain and fog descended upon the battlefield, obscuring the sight of the combatants from one-another.

I'm trying to create another distinction, here, in an attempt to mitigate the violence occurring - Cloaked in Fog. My dice for the attempt are buddy d6 + God of Thunder d8 + Weather Influence d6 + Weather Supremacy d12 + Mystic Expert d8 for a tragically low total of 13 with a d6 effect die and 1 opportunity, so I'll spend a PP to add another die to the total and bring it to a 16 with a d6 and one opportunity.

I'll tag Gamora (or who I am presuming OCC to be Gamora) next.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Aks'Lo
I'll buy both those opportunities. 16 with a d10, one opportunity.

As Jo's implants fire up to mimic the weapon, Cor'Gt twists around to stare at her as his own internal sensors detect the surge in power.

"I know those readings - it's you! From the party! Get her!"

There is a sudden burst of chaotic violence, sides uncertain in such a close-packed shapechanging melee, and somewhere in all of that Jo finds a hypodermic sticking out of her arm, Cor'Gt grinning madly on the other end.

"Cybernetics? Pah!" He crows as things start to fade to black in Jo'Lynne's vision. "Biology is the king of sciences!"

Fortunately, she is saved any more of his speechifying by the embrace of unconsciousness.

Actually, I'm spending 2d12 to end this scene here - so take 2 XP - because I want to railroad you into meeting Paibok and the Harrow. :colbert:

Jo returns to consciousness in a small room, a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling and the only window hastily filled in with quick-set cement. She is not restrained - what's the point in putting cuffs on a shapeshifter? - but the presence of Paibok himself lounging in a rickety-looking chair is something of a deterrent to thoughts of escape. Lurking in the corner behind him is a spindly humanoid with wrinkled white skin, shrouded in red robes. It has no eyes or eye sockets, just a ragged slot for a nose above a mouth full of uneven teeth.

Paibok grunts as he notices Jo'Lynne wake.

"I'm going to spell this out for you once, and once only." He fixes her with a level stare. "You're alive because you've got skill and cunning I can use. Put that to work for me, and you'll have a city of your own when we're done - or money, slaves, whatever floats your boat. Turn me down, and you die."

The white-skinned creature hisses and twitches its spidery hands. Paibok grunts again.

"The Harrow thinks I should just kill you. What do you think?"

Xandar
Gali can totally arrive on the scene with no difficulties.

Godthab Omega
Yeah, I think this totally counts for meeting the Hulk. Take your 10 XP. Also, that's not Gamora (she's green) it's Spirit, a luphomoid warrior who has something of a trollslayer complex. She defends with Solo d8, Obsessive d4, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Combat Mastery 2d8. 16 with a d4, one opportunity. Your Hot Foot complication appears at d8.

And while I'm at it, the Doom Pool will resist Thor. 14 with a d12. So you get your Cloud of Fog asset at a d4 level.

Just as Amadeus planned, the severed piece of battery drops neatly onto the woman's foot and she screams, stumbling.

"Who dares?!" Despite her injury she flips aside as the Hulk roars and lunges at her. "This is a battle to the death, boy; leave, or be slain with the vanquished!"

Thor's storm summoning doesn't quite work as planned: the clouds gather overhead but something resists his influence, trying to hold the weather in its current pattern. The rain starts but it isn't as heavy and concealing as he would wish.

Meanwhile the warrior woman resumes her assault on the Hulk, although as far as you can tell she is succeeding only in making him angry.

The Hulk and Spirit roll some dice. Net outcome is that Hulk's emotional stress is d6, the Doom Pool is bigger, and there are two opportunities (one each) for you to take advantage of as you wish. New round! Tag whoever posts first.

Doom: 2d6 + 1d10 + 2d12

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Buddy d6, 2pp, 0 Stress, 1 xp, Condition Normal (Making it...Sprinkle?)

The Thunder God frowns as his efforts are stymied, shaking Mjolnir for a moment like it might've had a loose wire, before he remembers that Glorian knave was probably interfering.

Still, it was something to work with, time to try another tack.

"None shall slay the Hulk while Thor Odinson yet stands! Stand ye down, Grace! End thy manipulation!" Thor growls at the pale-skinned woman as he begins whipping Mjolnir around with purpose. He calls out to the other combatant as he does so.

"Friend Hulk, thy allies have come to free thee from thy torment! Let us join together in battle to overcome thy foe! Be thee assured that this woman is as flummoxed as thy by thy true foe, whose face you have seen!"

Anyway, Thor figured it was time to get properly involved in this match. Not wanting to get immediately between Hulk and his foe (which he knew from experience was generally a painful idea), Thor nevertheless sought to keep this woman alive. And so, he conjured a vortex of wind behind her, intending to blow her away from the Gamma-powered Giant and towards the Asgardian himself, where she might be safely walloped or talked down without ending up a smear across the mesa. Of course, that would leave it to Amadeus to calm down Banner, but, the child was smart enough to figure that out on his own.

So, as stated, I'm trying to create a complication on Spirit (doy, wrong cloaked Grace woman!), and drag her away from the Hulk and towards me, where she can have common sense hammered into her! (ha ha). So: d6 Buddy, d8 God of Thunder, d6 Weather Influence, d12 Weather Supremacy (not a d2 which I had accidentally originally rolled), d8 mystic expert, d4 from the Cloud of Fog totals for me a 16 with a d8 effect and 1 opportunity. If the attempt succeeds I'll call the complication Twistered. And I'll tag Amadeus next.

EDIT: I also forgot Amadeus' complication But it didn't matter anyway

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 15, 2013

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jo'Lynne

Waking up with a headache, Jol'Ynne glares at her surroundings. She's cursing herself for slipping up, her team for not creating a severe enough distraction, Cor;Gt for whatever he stuck in her... a whole host of blame and scorn to go around.

Paibok and The Harrow both get the angry eyes as well, but as Jol'Ynne takes stock of her situation, her expression changes to one of begrudging submission.
-No eyes... does it use echolocation? Psychic navigation... is it in my mind? If you're in my mind, then you know I know I'm in no position to refuse this offer.-

"I think only a fool would choose death willingly... my lord."
She kneels before Paibok's 'throne' and looks between him and The Harrow, unsure how to address the creature directly.
"And you can tell your creature I'm no threat to you, and no Skrull would be foolish enough to start a fight they do not think they can win."

Finally, she tries activating her implants, for a diagnostic readout, or to see if she can still access any channels, but finds them unresponsive.
-Blast! Was it the drugs, or did I fall on them while I was out...-

Curse you and your railroading! Though really, that was just speeding up the inevitable once Jo blew her cover.

I'm also activating my gear's limitation, shutting it down and gaining a PP

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ronan the Refugee
Buddy D8, No Stress, 0 PP, 4 XP

Ronan looked at the fiery wrecks hurtling to the moon's surface below, then at Mysterio, and then at the vortex. "A clever gambit. Yours may be the better strategy," he said begrudgingly, "though my way delivers superior enjoyment." Nevertheless, the Kree warrior resisted the impulse to blast the ships with the Ultimate Weapon, instead reaching to help Myserio expand the vortex and confuse the enemy ships.

OOC: Trying to step up the AN OPENING! Asset. This is a roll against the doom pool, yes?
D8 Buddy + D8 Wandering Exile + D8 Enhanced Reflexes + D12 Cosmic Mastery (Unleashed SFX) + D8 Cosmic Expert = 15 with D12 Effect

Tagging the Fleet to go next!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Deadpool - Escaping prison - On the planet Xandar
Buddy d10, 2pp, 2xp

"Jinkies! These dorks aren't playing around!"

Suddenly the corridor becomes crowded with blast after golden blast of...

Little Yellow Box posted:

Kinky! :quagmire:
Shut up! what was I thinking, oh yeah, blast after golden blast of LASERS. sheesh. Stroke of luck these assholes can't hit the broadside of a barn, it's enough to make a guy feel sorry for the poor morons.

Deadpool continues using every ounce of skill and luck at his disposal to remain un-blasted while making his way further away from the cellblocks.

REACTION ROLL:
spent 1pp for extra trait
spent 1pp for extra die after roll.
buddy d10, cosmic pain in the rear end d4 (+1pp), Godlike Stamina d12, Combat Master d10, Superhuman Durability d10 (-1pp)

getting shot. a lot. :(: 1d4 4 3#1d10 6 9 2 1d12 3
19 (d12 effect)

If this goes the way I think it will, I have a wascally wabbit plan for the next round/my next action. :v:

Tagging Gali
Doom:
2d6 + 1d10 + 2d12

RETCONS:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

Galacta flies off, time curling around her as she zooms in the fracas, her xandarian costume peeling away, not that many are likely to see more than a dash of purple. It's less a matter of space and time, and more just orienting herself from calm to chaos. In the midst of moving herself, she hms. "I guess I've been deputized, so, free bucket, right?" With that, she focuses on fixing her outer, perceivable shell to something more blue and gold. It doesn't have all the fancy technology, but the bucket is helm just as shiny as any space cop's.

You know, like a Nova. A Nova with strangely purple squares in her pupils, but- o O (Let's not advertise my purple peopleness just yet, they haven't earned it!)

Rolling: Solo + Unlikely Guardian (d8) + Shapeshifting (d8 with limit active) + Covert Expert (2d6) = 16 with a d10 effect to build a disguise asset!.. and moving into Team mode as I hit the scene.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Amadeus analyzed the scene, reading cues in the body language of the combatants, calculating trajectories for shrapnel, friction points for where that sparkling green halberd would strike next, and most particularly the tableau of the mesa itself. Simultaneously and in no particular order he came to three conclusions.

1. The Hulk had gravitated towards this area due to his general sense of familiarity with badlands
2. The crazy emo space lady was definitely the instigator of this most recent rampage, for crazy emo space reasons of her own
3. That half smashed alien cactus fruit on the ground with what looked like a half a giant-sized bite taken out of it was (a quick bit of best guessing based on his examinations of the local flora and composition of the planet's most common elements) full of easily metabolized but probably terrible tasting sugars. How many calories did the Hulk burn through at any given second? The math was staggering.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a candy bar from his rapidly diminishing stash (note to self, invent Choco-Nutty bars for space or machine that makes Choco-Nutty bars for space) and taking a bite offered the other end to the Hulk.

"Hi Hulk. I'm Amadeus, let's be friends ok? You want a Choco-Nutty?"

It's a matter of public record that the Hulk loves fruit-filled snack cakes, but I'm going to take us one step further and find out how he feels about chocolate bars with peanut & caramel centers. http://www.tomheroes.com/images/COMICAD%20hostess%20incredible%20hulk%20twins%20of%20evil.jpg

Certainly history does bear out that children bearing sugary treats have calmed the savage beast before-

http://www.tomheroes.com/images/hulk_changes_mind.JPG

I'll use my superhuman senses to pick out the fact that Hulk was just jonesing for a sugary treat all along (because alien desert cacti are obviously full of disgusting but edible sugars) and create a Complication for the Hulk, Hulk Want Choco-Nutty!

Buddy d10=9, Hyper-Focused d8= 7, Superhuman senses d10=7, Science Master d10=7, Bonus from SFX d6 =5 9+7 = 16 d10 stepped up to a d12 effect due to my SFX.

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 19, 2013

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Hulk-Busting
I'll buy Thor's opportunity; have a PP. Spirit resists with Solo d8, Seeks Death d4, Enhanced Strength d8, Combat Master d10. 12 with a d10, one opportunity.: So she gets Twistered d6 as well as Hot Foot d8.

Hulk resists Amadeus with Solo d10, Engine of Destruction d8, and 2d8 from the Doom Pool because Hulk bad at resisting manipulation. 15 with a d10 isn't going to cut it. You get a d12 Choco-Nutty complication on the Hulk.

Spirit and Hulk go, then it's a new round.

Thor's vortex drags Spirit away from the Hulk and flings grit into her eyes, and although the graceful warrior is not hugely inconvenienced, she is at least distracted long enough for Amadeus to identify and play on the Hulk's hunger.

"Candy!" the Hulk shouts, snatching the bar from Amadeus and wolfing it down. He grins at the teenager, a frightening sight. "Hulk love candy. Hulk want more!"

Hulk's going to accidentally make an emotional stress attack on Amadeus, scaring him into fleeing. Solo d10, Man or Monster? d8, Menace Master 2d8. Hulk actually a small kitten. 10 with a d4, two opportunities.

Meanwhile Spirit moves with Thor's vortex, spinning her staff as she advances on the god of thunder.

"You are not the green beast, Asgardian, but I mark you a worthy foe nonetheless." She thumbs a button on her staff and the head blazes with a surge of energy. "Will you be the one to slay me?"

And then without seeming to move she's attacking, forcing Thor to defend himself.

Solo d8, Lethal Lady d8, Weapon d10 w/Unleashed, Enhanced Strength d8, Worthy End d4, Combat Master d10. 15 with a d10, one opportunity.

New round! Whoever goes first, goes first.

Hulk: emo stress d6
Spirit: phys stress d4

Aks'Lo
o O (In your mind, yes.) The Harrow's mental voice is like sand, gritty between the synpases. o O (There is no resistance. Only submission or extermination.) The thoughts are accompanied by images of strange planets and unfamiliar stars, glimpses of bio-technological spacecraft unleashing devastation on a bewildering variety of species. o O (Serve well, and live another day.)

Paibok nods, satisfied with Jo'Lynne's answer and oblivious to the Harrow's mental communication. "That's what I like to hear. Skrulls do not start fights they do not expect to win..." he trails off uncharacteristically, then recovers. "Of course not. So I intend to see this revolution through to its conclusion."

"Speaking of which: where is the baroness? Tell me everything you know."

Kyln Energy Moon 8a
The Doom Pool equals your total but does not beat it - advantage goes to the aggressor, so you succeed!

With Ronan's help, the chaos engulfs the attacking fleet and provides just enough of an opening for he, Mysterio, and the whimpering Blackmane to reach his one-man spacecraft which hovers at a safe distance. It's a little cramped in there but all three can fit, more or less.

As the ship speeds away the trio get an excellent view of the devastation. It's not just Moon 8a that's been assaulted, the entire Kyln is coming apart like a string of pearls in slow motion. Every single energy moon of the vast chain has erupted with laser fire or is splitting apart, disgorging a fleet of spacecraft so vast it beggars belief.

Ahead of the invaders travels a rag-tag fleet of whatever ships people had available - tankers, freighters, shuttles and a few Omega Corps military vessels providing covering fire against the fore-most ships of the enemy that harry them as they flee. A significant quantity of the attackers are already engaging FTL drives, delivering their overwhelming force to other locations in the universe.

"What in the name of all that's holy are they?" squeaks Blackmane, drawing the others' attention to two figures - each Galactus-like in scale - emerging from the ruins of one of the largest moons. Both humanoid, one is all flowing lines, white energy encased in golden armour. The other is black-on-black, his bulky form backlit by blinding crunch energy as it tears free of the crumbling Kyln. The invading fleet whirls about them but does not open fire, presenting the horrible possibility that they might be allied.

Cue a brief transition scene while you escape, although the major decision is whether you go with the fleet or head off on your own, and if the latter where you're going. Or if you have no strong preference I'll pick somewhere.

Xandar
Deadpool jinks and weaves through the hail of golden death, almost as if these guys are first-act mooks who mostly exist to prove how badass he is. With Skreet busy releasing interplanetary villains, the smarter of whom are releasing more villains, the scene is rapidly descending into Overflowing Chaos.

"Can you feel it Wade?" Skreet shrieks, buzzing in erratic patterns through the air. She cackles maniacally. "The chaos flows like blood!"

The Doom Pool fails to resist Gali, and provides one opportunity if you feel like using it. You have a d10 disguise asset.

In the middle of all this, the Nova Corps unlikely ally (and newest pseudo-member) arrives on the scene, looking for all the world like just one more space cop come to join the fray with bucket helm gleaming.

I've completely lost track of the turn order. (Oops). Since DP didn't take an action, I'm going to declare a new round now and say the first action goes to whichever of DP and Gali posts first. Entities acting in this fight (for tagging purposes) are DP, Gali, Skreet, the mob of novas, and the mob of assorted space criminals.

Doom: 1d6 + 1d10 + 2d12

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne

Jol'Ynne keeps her face straight, though she's certain the Harrow is picking up some disgust at how it feels in her mind. o O(Sickening creature is probably enjoying it too... looks like I'm going to have to burn some bridges. It's nothing he couldn't work out on his own, though.)

"I think it used to be a theatre, though if the Baroness is sensible, she will have changed locations by now. The armoury contained several unique weapons, we... she was hoping one of them would give us an edge over Godkiller, for a counter-attack."

She shrugs slightly. "If she had a plan beyond that, she didn't tell me. Probably just in case something like this happened. Or maybe she's making it up as she goes along."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Deadpool - Stopping a Prison Break - On the planet Xandar
Buddy d10, 1pp, 15xp

My bad, I thought we were in the same round as my last action, and so I just took my reaction.

Seeing the tide of battle sliding into Overflowing Chaos sparks something in the twisted wiring of Deadpool's brain.

"This could be bad, I'm not actually a bad guy... besides, I'm already free! SORRY TINK!"
Never Can Tell...
3 XP when you alter your pattern of insane joking to say something lucid, smart, and logical in the midst of super heroic chaos and weirdness.

With a terse nod and a pat on the head for the centurion he'd just been beating the poo poo out of, Deadpool turns to the nearest of the newly released inmates and lashes out with a vicious kick to what are probably its knee caps.

"REVERSAAAAAAL OOOOOFFFFF FOOOORTUUUUNE!"
Never Can Tell...
10 XP when you arbitrarily switch sides in a conflict or reject a reasonable and attractive offer to remain with your allies.
and with that I have completed a milestone, and I'll just reset and re-use this same one. :v:

ACTION ROLL:
Creating a combat stunt gently caress You Got Mine d8 for 1pp
Buddy d10, Merc w/a Mouth d8, gently caress You Got Mine d8 , Enhanced Strength d8, Combat Master d10

REVERSAL OF FORTUNE: 2#1d10 1 3 3#1d8 6 5 6
12 (d10 effect) 1 opportunity

Tagging Skreet!
Doom:
1d6 + 1d10 + 2d12

RETCONS:

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Buddy d6, 2pp, 0 Stress, 1 xp, Condition Normal (Last Tango on Godthab)

The Thunder God had prepared himself for the inevitability of the Grace's attack, as he, after all, had dragged her through a wind tunnel toward him, and so it was a simple matter for the Odinson to grab the hilt of Spirit's weapon and yank her weapon, and Spirit, vortex and all, behind him with a wave and spark of Mjolnir to direct the vortex and lift the woman warrior off her feet.

So, Buddy d6, Righteous Warrior d8, Superhuman Durability d10, Godlike Durability d12, Combat Expert d8, Hot Feet d8 = 16 with a d12 effect and two opportunities to defend.

Thor wheels on his feet and faces the wind-battered and smoldering footed warrior directly. "Indeed woman, Thor may yet be thy worthiest foe, yet I shalt not end thy life. Rather, heed mine wisdom: stand thee down!"

While the Luphomoid was indeed strong, she was not nearly as mighty as Thor, who, still with his hand on the hilt of her energy staff, yanked harshly and ripped the weapon from Spirit's grasp, roughly knocking her aside with Mjolnir in his other hand, letting the wind pick up and pelt the Grace with stinging rain and catapault her away yet further.

So I'm spending a PP to activate Spirit's Gear limit as I attack her. Dice pool for the attack is d6 buddy, d4 legendary ego, d12 godlike strength, d10 weapon, d8 combat expert, d4 for fog distinction, d6 for twisted complication Totals 15 with a d10 and 1 opportunity, so I'll also spend a PP to add a third die to the total and bring it to a 20.

I will tag Amadeus next.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

PP:2
XP: 13

Trying not to wince or cringe in fear at the cavernous maw suddenly opening up in front of him, Amadeus held up a handful of the chocolatey treats almost as soon as the emerald giant finished the first.

"Sure thing! Here have another one."

Intellectually he knew that Hulk meant no harm, anybody with eyes to see and an understanding of basic psychology could read the Hulk's body language and facial expressions but he was just so HUGE. He felt around in the pocket of his hoodie for whatever candy he had left (a rapidly diminishing trove) and surprised them both when his coyote pup poked his head up out of the front of his sweater.

"Oh this is Kirby. Say hi, Kirby. Hey Hulk, do you remember Arizona? Kirby's from Arizona. Do you want to go back to Arizona, and we can get some ice cream sandwiches?"

First I'll respond to the Hulk's demand.

Buddy d10=7, Hyper-Focused d8= 8, Superhuman senses d10=4, Psych Master d10=4 8+7 = 15 d10, and it turns out that I am in fact NOT scared of small kittens.

Buddy d10=7, Hyper-Focused d8=2, Psych Master d8=2, Choco-Nutty complication d12=3, Bonus from SFX d6 =6 7+6 = 13 d8. Ah you know what I'll drop more die on there with a PP, making it a 16.

Oops missed a d10,

Superhuman senses d10=3 Butts.

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 1, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ronan Road Trip

Ronan being a paragon of all things Kree, including good manners, he fills three plasteel mugs with Ovaltine so that his guests may join him in nutritious but delicious post-battle drink. (The Gajerian Pale brandy is reserved for special occasions, not something as mundane as evading a war fleet with a prisoner under your arm.)

"A well-considered ploy, Mysterio," he says, then gulps down his drink and starts inputting a navigation routine. "Now to head to Kree territory---"

And then Blackmane's scream makes him flick his eyes up to the ship's display monitors. "Hmm. This normally doesn't happen when a moon or planetoid is destroyed. Let's get some better readings on what these two creatures are."

Ronan adjusts the ship's sensor array and cross-references the energy signatures with the ship's database, then applies his not-inconsiderable knowledge of all things weird in the universe to try to figure out what these two things are.

He does not take long, though, swiftly deciding he should join the fleet to ensure they escape this system safely. They are, after all, vulnerable and technically refugees from justice, and since everyone in the universe is either a Kree, Kree subject, or a subject the Kree hasn't got around to conquering yet, they are kind of his responsibility for the moment.

OOC: Rolling to see if Ronan can suss out anything more about the Star Children here.
D8 Buddy + D8 Kree Supremacist + D8 Cosmic Master = 8 with D4 effect
Ugh. Don't suppose the ship gives me a Distinction I could add in?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Aks'Lo
"Ah, Godkiller." Paibok smiles, not pleasantly. "About as sharp as the hammer she carries, but there is always a place for unquestioning soldiers with vast power. I just wish she would take a more skrull name - calling her Godkiller all the time makes me feel vaguely juvenile."

Suddenly, the Harrow twists its head around to 'look' skyward. For a moment it radiates a strange emotion of expectation, before it reins in its psychic powers again.

"Aha." Paibok stands. "The Baroness is no fool, but changing location now won't help her: the Harrow has brought me reinforcements enough to scour every inch of this world."

He moves to leave, turning back to Jol'Ynne as he reaches the door.

"Come with me. As a skrull of distinction, it will do you good to meet our new allies."

Xandar
I'll buy DP's opportunity for a d4. The enemy mob defends with Team 5d8, Desperate d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Combat Experts d8. 15 with a d8.

Deadpool changes sides and wades into the assorted space-criminals present, lashing out at whatever alien murderer presents themselves next. Unfortunately he makes barely a dent in the mob.

"NO!" Skreet seems inordinately infuriated by Deadpool's sudden change of heart. "No! I'll not be left alone again!"

Her twisting path abruptly becomes a straight line as she charges Deadpool at blinding speed, a pixie-winged bullet aimed straight at his chest. Wading in in her wake comes a blue-skinned alien, cybernetic implants visible in his arms and skull. His teeth grind and his eyes bulge as he lays into Deadpool with a twisted metal bar he's picked up from somewhere.

Skreet attacks! Solo d4, Needs a Partner d4, Enhanced Strength d6, Space Flight d10. 10 with a d6. Also she steps up to d8 emotional stress because of her crippling co-dependency. She tags a new person in the scene: blue guy. (Because otherwise with DP's change of heart you're going to clear up far too easily.)

Blue guy also attacks! His pool is a terrible Team d8, Entropic Locus d8, and a d8 and a d12 from Doom. That's a ridiculous dice roll: 20 with a d8.

Meanwhile the nova corps and the criminal mob exchange fists, claws, lasers, fire breath and other assorted methods of destruction. It's difficult to tell in the fray, but it looks like the nova corps might be losing. Rampaging convicts are taking the opportunity to spill out of the incarceration dome and into Xandar proper.

Deadpool needs to defend against two attacks, and Gali gets an action to finish off the round. Then she picks who starts the new round.

Skreet: d8 emotional stress
Nova Mob: 2d8; d6 physical stress
Criminal Mob: 5d8

Hulk-Bulking
I'll buy one of Thor's opportunities, so have a PP. Spirit defends! (Without her staff.) Solo d8, Seeks Death d4, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Worthy End d6, Combat Master d10. 12 with a d10, so she's now up to d12 physical stress.

As Thor pulls Spirit's staff from her grip her hands slide across the controls, sending arcs of green lightning flashing around the crater as he backhands her across the landscape with Mjolnir. The mesas around them seem to pulse with the impact, and everyone experiences a strange moment of double-vision as a more colourful, impressive landscape superimposes itself over the existing one before vanishing like sleep.

Hulk resists the allure of cute puppies. Solo d10, Man or Monster? d8, umm... and a d6 and a d8 from Doom. And there's no way to beat a 16 with that. Hulk is out!

"Hulk remember Arizona," Hulk mutters. He shovels more Choco-Nutty bars into his mouth. "Big empty spaces. No one for Hulk to hurt."

As his rage subsides in the face of an adorable pup and a vast amount of sugary treats, the gigantic form of the Hulk shrinks into the considerably less intimidating shape of Bruce Banner. He opens his mouth to say something to Amadeus, but then his eyes roll back in his head and he slumps to the ground.

"Interfering boy." In the space between one moment and the next the shining golden figure from the ship recorder appears in front of Amadeus. "He was perfect for my needs, and although the Asgardian is making a fine effort of filling in for him I have never encountered such an engine of destruction and violence as the Hulk."

"Although it may be for the best. The device is nearly charged, Stellaris is on her way, and it will be a simple matter to incite her to further violence - and this way I do not have to defuse the Hulk myself. I only have to take care of you."

So saying, he raises his hand to Amadeus and opens fire with golden rays of deadly energy.

Glorian now acts in place of the Hulk, trying to blast Amadeus with cosmic power. Solo d8, Artist d4, Energy Supremacy d12, Superhuman Senses d10. 19 with a d8, one opportunity.

Spirit picks herself up and sprints across the battlefield back towards Thor.

"If you will not kill me, Asgardian," she yells, "then I will kill you! Only one of us will walk away!"

If the loss of her staff bothers her she shows no sign - her unarmed combat skills are just as formidable. In moments she is inside the swing of Mjolnir and proving why the luphomoids were once some of the most feared conquerors in the galaxy.

Activating Not a Worthy End SFX to move her physical stress to the Doom Pool and boost her strength. Solo d8, Lethal Lady d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Death-Bringer SFX d6, Combat Master d10. 14 with a d10, one opportunity, and she's got 0 stress now.

In Spaaaace
I'd say your ship has at least a couple of distinctions - go ahead and choose 2-3 - but you already used Kree Supremacist on that roll so it can't help you. You are trounced by the Doom Pool, although it does roll one opportunity.

The scanners of Ronan's ship squeal and die when he turns them on the two figures; they seem to be radiating various energies across the electromagnetic spectrum and beyond, including some that interfere with the proper functioning of his sensors.

A quick turn-it-off-and-on-again fixes the sensor array - a few weird ghost glitches notwithstanding - but it doesn't help with identifying the two figures.

Doom: 1d6 + 2d10 + 2d12

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne

Well, maybe this won't be so bad. Pai'Bok is clearly sensible enough to respect Jol'Ynne, which she likes, and who knows? If he manages to take the world, the Skrull Supreme Leaders may just let him keep it rather than waste more resources taking it back.

She's liking The Harrow less and less with each passing moment though. As she walks towards Pai'Bok, and then following a few paces to the side for respect (What Skrull would want an underling behind them, after all?), she asks "Just who or what is this Harrow? And what does it want in exchange for this help? So many soldiers cannot be cheap..." and before she seems too critical, adds some flattery. "Your strategy must be very thorough."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
2 pp, 6 xp

Let's compare sound effects, shall we?

Your average Nova Corps member, blasting away, makes noises like *ZKOW!* or *FCHOOOM!*. Their power blasts are in a orange-yellow range, having limited impact on the surroundings.

The teenager with the purple eyes, though, has a slightly different blast signature that stands out. It's more like *BWOMMMMMM*, is a pinkish-purple hue, and shears through matter in a rather troubling fashion.

Right now, she has a bunch of prisoners in her way. More than sound effects or hue, they're getting the full sensory experience of her blasts as she fires in a wide arc, aiming to blaze her way through the riot towards the breakout's likely architect.

Seeing the darting form, her eyes widen. I wonder what chaos tastes like, in an entirely gustatory sense...!

Attacking the criminal mob! Team d6 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Cosmic Blast d10 (multipower) + Cosmic Supremacy d10 (multipower) + Combat Expert d8 + Consume d6 = 12 with a d12 effect, with one opportunity.

Tagging the Nova Mob.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Buddy d6, d6 Physical Stress, 1 PP, 8 XP

Well that...actually worked out nicely, to be honest. The bruises he took turned out to be less painful than he thought, Blackmane was still alive (Note to self: return Blackmane to normal eventually), and he was finally out of the space moon-prison thing. And now even the blue-skinned judge was complimenting Mysterio and giving him...chocolate milk? Well, probably not a good idea to refuse, so with yet another press of a button a small straw extends from Mysterio's suit, leading to a curly straw inside his dome. As he sipped from his drink, he began to think maybe, just maybe, things are starting to get better.

And then Blackmane screams at two larger-than-life figures clawing their way out of the Kyln, and Mysterio joins in screaming immediately after, ovaltine spilling across the cramped quarters (and inside his dome). "Don't just sit there, get us out of here!"

I'm fine with going wherever, and if Ronan doesn't have a particular direction in mind, we can always have a panicked Mysterio hit a button by accident or something in these cramped conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ronan the Shepherd

"We are not going anywhere till all of the vessels have safely departed. And quit screaming. You would not find it comfortable strapped to the outside in a spacesuit, but if the vacuum of space is required for a more enjoyable auditory environment, so be it!"

He fiddles with a knob. "I believe there's some Kree opera in the data banks."

• Locked thread