Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Battlegrounds of Godthab Omega
Buddy d6, 2pp, 0 Stress, 1 xp, Condition Normal (Tripping or Perceiving?)

Thor blinks as the landscape momentarily shifts, glancing around with a glower.

"I know the falseness of this. Mine senses have been dulled by illusion!" The Norse god growls at his realization, almost distracted as Spirit charges in at him and takes a swing, but he has warred for thousands of years and will for thousands more and the Odinson was nothing if not capable in combat. He almost casually crossed his arms, and hammer too, to deflect the Luphomoid's blow, the impact doing more to rattle the warrior-woman's bones than the Asgardian's.

So first to defend against Spirit: buddy d6 + righteous warrior d8 + superhuman durability d10 + godlike durability d12 + combat expert d8 = a 16 with a d12 effect die., sorry Spirit.

"Enough!" The Thunderer thunders "Cast the scales from thy eyes, woman, behold, thou have been deceived!" Thor raised Mjolnir high into the air and a flash of light burst forward, attempting to rinse away the false landscape they were all standing on.

Ok, so, Thor's going to try and dispel the illusion you hinted at, I'm spending a PP for a push die (because I couldn't think of a way to stunt in his senses or mystic resistance), so d6 buddy, d4 for legendary ego, d6 push, d8 expert sorcery, 2d6 mystic expert = an 8 with a d6 effect, going to spend another PP to increase that to a 12 with a d6 effect.. Doubt that's going to be enough, but oh well...

I tag Amadeus next.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Amadeus Cho: A Mesa too far
PP:0
XP: 13

"Ok, so energy beams."

Amadeus ducked, curling his hand across his chest protectively at the coyote pup lodged there as he ran and thought out loud.

"First of all, hypothesis confirmed- You're a jerk. At first I thought you pulled the Hulk here because you wanted to destabilize the geo-political situation for your own ends, but it really sounds like you're just a jerk and gah! More energy beams!"

He leapt, barely ahead of the barrage of golden energy streaming from the man's hands. Outrunning light was frankly impossible, but any idiot could track where the guy was pointing and where he was going with those beams. That is, if he had the stamina to keep moving. Did the guy have no cooldown time or what? Intellectually he itched at the prospect of discovering what kind of energy it was, and where the beams really were coming from but physically he was very close to running out of breath or pulling a muscle.

"Secondly, your 'device.' Does it track and absorb kinetic energy? No, that'd be too easy and you wouldn't need the Hulk when there's all those rocks and super space thingies all over the place to mess around with. You wouldn't bother with something as inefficient as draining weapon discharges, and it's not any sort of traditional power source or I would have found it on my scanner, so we're talking about an exotic matter engine that runs on... Emotional energy? Is that a thing? Do conflicts, battle lust, and getting shouty really generate some sort of resonant field that a machine can pick up on? It's nearby since you went to the trouble of luring the Hulk here and goading crazy emo space lady into a fight."

He skidded, doubled back on his path and dove behind the dubious cover of an overhang of rock, plotting out the layout of the mesa mentally, stone overhangs, dips, and other points of geography in all as he rambled on.

"How you're doing it is important, but a better question would be why. Well, we're halfway there because we've established you're a jerk and kind of retro-metro. And you're not very good at planning ahead for unexpected variables are you? Good at being emotionally manipulative ok, but how far have you thought this ahead? Hey space lady! Get an eyeful of this golden coward, who seeks to profit most cravenly from your honorable demise! Everything here, all of it, he's recording it like some sort of space-pervert and he means to use it for his own kinky thing! We're all players in his ridiculously complicated, super powered snuff film!"

Amadeus jumped out as he shouted, confident (mostly) that he'd figured out the interval between each shot and preferred firing angle based on the golden man's wrists, best-guessing the grey skinned woman's position in the mild fog and twistery weather in the distance. If he could just dodge this one here, the beam would angle there (hopefully), but because golden space guy would try and overcorrect the shot it would go there. Crazy space lady was still hobbling around, and the Coriolis forces of the planet meant that Thor's mini-tornado would push her over that way to catch the missed beam and knock it back over here, and suddenly turning to catch an eyeful of some golden guy in a toga would just about skeeze anybody out. The guy really did look like a jerk. Sounded creepy too.

"Thor! Golden magic space guy gets his uh... charge out of violence and rage!"

Yowch that's going to be a tough roll to beat with those energy beams, I'll activate my SFX: I Know I’m Right to double up one of the d10s in my pool, if I generate an opportunity you get an additional die to the Doom Pool from my effect die.

Buddy d10=5, Hyper-Focused d8=7, Superhuman senses d10=7, doubled up from SFX d10=6, Psych Expert d8=2 7+7+6 = 20 d10 effect, spend a PP to add a die so I make the roll here barely, and in fact now that I think about it I'll spend my last PP to make that an attack on Glorian because his beam missed me, flew towards Spirit, was deflected by her glowy green energy thing, and shot back at his face instead.

Now let's help Thor because we're buds and that's how we do. Let's see if I can't give her a new Complication: Uncomfortable with the cost of victory. I mean sure, one of us can probably win this fight but at what cost? Some gold painted creepo in a toga is pulling the strings and for all I know recording everything because he's a creep. Just about skeezes me out. Also use my complication-making SFX.

Buddy d10=5, Hyper-Focused d8=3, Science Master d10=8, Hot Foot complication d8=8, Bonus from SFX d6 =2 8+8 = 16 d10 stepped up to d12.

After that Spirit's the only one left I think so I'll tag her.

Breaking the illusion/finding Glorian's magic space machine will probably involve rolling against the Doom Pool, so let's try to take things one at a time. First let's try to defuse Spirit without necessarily causing her more pain and anguish. Hopefully Glorian's device doesn't absorbed feelings of being really uncomfortable/creeped out.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Sorry this took so long. Should be back on a more regular schedule now, though.

Aks'Lo
The Harrow walks on the other side of Paibok, keeping the same distance. Paibok glances at it before answering.

"I met the Harrow... elsewhere. It seeks to aid me in my plans for revenge against S'Bak out of simple benevolence." He frowns and looks again at the creature. "That doesn't seem right. What are you getting from this? Wh--"

With a pained groan his eyes roll back into his head and he slumps to the floor, twitching. The Harrow pivots its eyeless face towards Jol'Ynne.

o O (A useful tool, but a mind that strives ever for independence. You, on the other hand, know what it is to serve.)

Its mind invades hers like a hand of dust, dry fingers reaching for control.

o O (Give in and the process shall be painless. Serve well and live.)

Enough talk: time for some action! The Harrow is attempting to create a Mind-Puppet complication on Jol'Ynne: Solo d4, Insidious Psychic d8, Mind Mastery d10, Psyche Master 2d8, Puppeteer SFX d6. 11 with a d8, two opportunities.

Xandar
14 with a d8 defence. I'll buy your opportunity, though.

The alien criminals scatter before Gali's purple death rays - some run, some fly, some short-range teleport - leaving only collateral damage in their wake. In the midst of the confusion some few take note of the distinction between her and the other novas but for the most part it's just more chaos for the mix.

The novas and the criminals continue to mix it up, with the space police slowly but surely getting the upper hand.

Nova mob attacks criminals, knocks a die away. They tag Deadpool. Skreet, Gali, Blue Guy and the criminals still to act after him.

Skreet: d8 emotional stress
Nova Mob: 2d8; d6 physical stress
Criminal Mob: 4d8[/i]

In Space
"Bar that!" Blackmane says, his voice cracking with fear. "This is way more than I ever signed up for!"

"Autopilot engaged," the ship's computer confirms. It takes a precious few seconds before Ronan realises that the cyber-hacker Kymellian has wirelessly seized control of his ship. "Course locked."

"We've just got out of a prison hellhole, and we're going somewhere nice," Blackmane says, folding his arms. "And I think you need me alive too badly to risk my life strapped to the outside of this ship. Not that you could open the hatch with me in control."

The small shuttle peels away from the refugee fleet and streaks through the emptiness of space. The destination indicator reads Aks'Lo.

Heads up Jo, company's coming! You lot will arrive the next time I post, so you've got some in-between time to get angry with Blackmane, etc.

Godthab Omega
Illusion-dispelling resistance from Glorian: Solo d8, Worldshaper's Apprentice d8, Transmutation d12, Cosmic Expert 2d6. 14 with a d12, one opportunity.

Complication resistance from Spirit: Solo d8, Obsessive d8, d8 from Doom: lol nope. That's her taken out!

Defending against Spirit as if she was no-one, Thor raises his hammer to dispel the illusion, only to find that the strange perceptual flickering is more than just a simple illusion: two realities seem to hold sway here, one attempting to impose itself on the other.

Between the futility of her assaults and Amadeus' unravelling of Glorian's plan, Spirit slowly loses her fire.

"I have been tricked," she says. "Only now do I see clearly - the Graces, the green beast... all of this is for his ends!"

"Indeed!" Glorian confirms as Amadeus simultaneously dodges his attacks and explains his scheme. "I have created a device which feeds on the emotional resonance of conflict! By hook and by crook I have gathered those to me who solve their problems best with violence, the better to charge my powers. You, I did not intend to be here - although it is pleasant to find a mind with which one can converse as an equ-ARGH!"

Glorian catches his own deflected cosmic energy blast square in the chest, the golden energy burning away his toga but leaving his sculpted form untouched. I spent a d10 Doom on his invulnerable SFX. He shakes his head.

"You will make a worthy apprentice once I have surpassed my master," he says. "But for now, stay down!"

In a flash of light he teleports, appearing in front of Amadeus with his hand raised to cuff the teen genius into insensibility.

Spirit's not acting any more, so I'm starting the next round with Glorian. Solo d8, Teleport d12, Superhuman Strength d10. 14 with a d8.

Tag Amadeus.

Doom: 1d10 + 2d12

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne

Jol'Ynne grips her head and begins scratching at it as though it were covered in insects, trying to dislodge it's attack, while trying to recall what she knows about psychics, and mental defences.

-Focus! Use a metaphor. You are in a safe, secure place.-
She pictures her laboratory, and the Harrow scratching at the door as she tries to endure the worst.
-Now, be angry! THIS was behind the attack at the party, not Pai'bok!-

That doesn't sound like a complication Jol'Ynne wants, especially as she doesn't know the cavalry is coming. I'm using Stamina d8 to defend as , if that's ok? It's not so much resisting, as ignoring the worst of the side-effects.
Solo d8, Proud Skrull d8, Enhanced Stamina d8

Resist Psychic Attack: 3#1d8 2 5 6
I'll spend 1PP to keep a third die and turn that from a draw into a success! Only a default d4 effect, but that doesn't matter on reactions, right?

In Jol'Ynne's mindscape, the doors are holding, but already beginning to crack at the hinges.
-I can't keep this up long... I need something else... damned implant, why did you pick now to shut down?-

She scrambles across the room to Pai'Bok, preparing to do all sorts of things medical professionals advise against, but the circumstances seem to warrant. And really, when you get down to it, what's the difference between a toxin and a mixed cocktail of combat stimms and adrenaline?

The difference is, Jol'Ynne isn't working newly shapeshifted glands overtime producing the former as she changes her hand to a scorpion-like stinger, and jams it into Pai'Bok.
-If it works, that's two minds it's fighting. If it kills him, I'm back where I was.-

The short version: Shapeshift some extra adrenal glands and other useful chemicals, then give Pai'Bok a Pulp Fiction.
Solo 1d8, Proud Skrull Scientist 1d8, shapeshifting 2d8, Medical Expert 1d8
Reckless medicine: 5#1d8 5 6 6 5 4
And I'll spend another PP here to keep a third die, for 17, with a d8 effect.

If this works, Tag Pai'Bok. Otherwise, the Harrow, I guess.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Deadpool - Stopping a Prison Break - On the planet Xandar
Buddy d10, 0pp, 15xp
Stress: P0 Md6 S0
Trauma: P0 M0 S0

REACTION ROLLS:
Buddy d10, Superhuman Agility d10, Combat Master d10
Skreet bullet time!: 3#1d10 6 7 4
12 (d10 effect)
Buddy d10, Superhuman Agility d10, Combat Master d10
Blue Guy Smash!: 3#1d10 6 2 9
16 (d10 effect) So I take d8 physical stress?

Deadpool just barely dodges the hurtling pixie, that could'a hurt!
"haha, too slow Tink-"WHAAAAAAMMMMMMMM!
Stars and birdies explode across Deadpool's vision as the bug blue dude (who he hadn't noticed coming in right behind the pixie) goes all Babe Ruth on his kisser.

The force of the blow knocks Deadpool back several meters. gently caress this noise.

Deadpool begins searching for anything that might lead him to his lost gear.
"Hey you!" he calls to the nearest Centurion, a weirdly...purple Centurion.
"If we're gonna stop this riot, I need my gear! can you help me out here?"

ACTION ROLL vs Doom Pool:
SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress. (-1pp)
-1pp for a push dice
Buddy d10, Merc with a mouth d8, Godlike Stamina d12, Combat Master d10, Push d6
trying to get my poo poo back vs DOOM: 1d6 3 1d8 5 1d12 11 2#1d10 4 9
20 (d10 effect)

Tagging Gali
Doom:
1d10 + 2d12

RETCONS:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Galacta
2 pp, 6xp

o O (Okay, that was a mistake. Cosmic energy expenditure to nutrition return on that notion = terribad.), Galacta notes to herself with a frustrated frown as her attention is diverted. (Can't wait for the rubber monster special, munching begins now-)

"Not now, I'm eating.", she replies to Deadpool with a frown, but then blinks at him for a moment. Something odd about that genetic structure... very odd... but she's too used to having forever to observe organics. Instead, she has a big chaotic mess she's hoping to somehow make palatable. Really, it's the cosmic equivalent of competing on Iron Chef with a package of toothpicks and a bun warmer.

And so, the disguise fades away as she tries to close in on the chaos mite, her costume unfolding into energy apertures, analytical displays, disassembly projectors and other weapons hovering nearby. But, once again, this is harder to do in the midst of a battle, and there's a lot of math to properly consume a living being. Dad makes it look easy, really.

To Skreet, she adds, "I honestly wasn't planning on eating you earlier, but since you brought it up I can't stop wondering...!"

Trying to create Cosmic "Eating Utensils" Asset: Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Cosmic Supremacy d10 + Tech Master 2d8 + Cosmic Technology d6 + Disguise Asset d10 = 17 with a d10 effect. Assuming my Disguise Asset is discarded after this.

Edit: Tagging Skreet.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 9, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ronan the Hijacked
Buddy D8, No Stress, 0 PP, 4 XP

Ronan's eyes narrowed at Blackmane's treachery. Folding his arms and facing the Kymellian, he said in a curt tone, "You are right. I do require you to be alive and capable of speaking. That is the extent of your use right now. We shall go to Aks'Lo. You have until our arrival to convince me of your intention to cooperate with clearing up the lies hurled against my name."

Turning to Mysterio, he said, "And you! You wield a great power. Tell me of your story and how you came to the prison moons of Kyln."

OOC: I never did give my ship any Distinctions... hope you don't mind if I stat up his shuttle a bit.

RONAN'S SWEET RIDE
Distinctions
  • Stealthy
  • Maneuverable
  • Precise But Delicate
Kree Stealth Shuttle Array
Energy Blast D8
Enhanced Senses D10
Enhanced Reflexes D8
Invisibility D8
Space Flight D12

I'll come up with a more detailed description later, but think classic sports car in space, I guess. This is a basically Corvette Stingray-shaped ship, except bigger and a spaceship. Oh, and with blasters.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

And suddenly Glorian was all over the place, or more importantly all up in Amadeus' face in a series of movements that defied normal laws of motion, conservation of energy, and mass.

"Teleportation is cheating!"

He ducked, raising his hands to try and ward off the incoming blow but still found himself buffeted by the completely unexpected strike. Teleportation just wasn't fair! There was no observable indicator of activation, no conservation of momentum as he struck out from his new starting position, and for that matter if Glorian instantaneously transported himself to a new location in space/time what happened to the matter already occupying that same space?

Amadeus fell backwards, his mind already racing where his body could not. Ok so try this again from starting principals.

Glorian:

IS

1) A Jerk
2) Has a machine that absorbs emotional (rage?) energy and conflict
3) Teleports freely without regard for laws of motion, energy, and mass

Of those three things he could only really come up with an adequate defense against the second, well sort of. Factor in number of combatants, probable upper bound energy retention limits(could rage even have a carrying capacity?), terrain of combat, and Glorian's effective area of movement assuming he was intelligent enough to keep his combatants penned into the range of his machine's input device but not clever enough to fudge the numbers to skew the results...

"Thor! It's right there! His, er the machine's weak point!"

Let's see if I can't duck beneath Glorian's strike...

Buddy d10=1, Hyper-Focused d8=6, Superhuman senses d10=4, Science Master d10=7 6+7 = 13 d8 effect, with an opportunity there for you.

Now though I'd like to try a support action, create a one-shot Asset for Thor's next roll: Weak point spotted! Since it's a support action I'll also use my SFX: Best Pal. Spend 1 PP to step up or double your Affiliation die when making a support action. Gonna spend the same PP I just got to (hopefully) help Thor close us out on a bang.

Buddy d10=4, Doubled up Affiliation die from SFX d10=2, Hyper-Focused d8=3, Science Master d10=3, Superhuman senses d10=2 4+3 = 7 d10 effect. Blurgh, that was an abysmal roll for so many die. Tag Thor next.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Buddy d6, 1pp, 0 Stress, 2 xp, Condition Normal (Hey, there's a big goofy golden jerk right there!)

Thor squints as Amadeus attempts to point out the source of Glorian's deception, but, perhaps owing to Glorian feeding off of Thor's combative sensibilities, the Asgardian can't perceive it.

He nods at Spirit. "Woman, thou now know what has befallen thee and thine sisters! I bid thee, assist young Amadeus, defend him, help him overcome this charade, restore thy honor!" He tosses the Luphomoid her staff, hoping she'll see wisdom of his words. Thor himself had another matter to attend to.

The Odinson turns toward Glorian. "DECEIVER!" Thunder breaks through the illusory landscape for a moment at the Asgardian's declaration. "You and I have yet to be introduced. My name is Thor Odinson, but thee may know me as the Form of Thy Doom! I name you Glorian, a Craven and Weak fool! Face me and face a true challenge!" The Thunder God pointed his hammer at his enemy, an eager smile on his face despite the dire circumstances.

With a crack of lightning, Thor was behind the dream-shaper, using his own teleportation trick against him. As Glorian attempted to teleport to dodge him, Thor anticipated his move and appeared in front of him in another bolt of lightning, mid-swing, ready to deliver Asgardian justice via hammer.

Ok, so, first of all, I am declaring Glorian weak and challenging him to combat. Since he's got some d12s in his power set(s), I'm going to grab 1 xp from my milestone. Secondarily, I'm assuming at the moment that Amadeus' attempt is going to fail because that roll...eech. But if it succeeds I'll store the asset for the moment, as I'mma take a swing at Glorian with my own fancy shmancy teleporting.

So that's buddy d6, righteous warrior d8, godlike strength d12, teleportation d10, combat expert d8 totalling a 14 with a d12 effect. But I want to hit him harder so I'll spend a PP to add another die to the total and bring it to 20 with a d12.

I will tag Spirit if Thor's words are enough to rouse her to action. If not I'll tag Glorian and see what he does.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Aks'Lo
Resistance: 10 with a d10 effect, one opportunity. Success for Jo! The Harrow's Limit causes his emotional stress to step up.

Paibok spasms as Jo injects him with all-natural stimulants, taking a sudden, rasping breath. To his credit, he reacts quickly - raising his hand, he lashes the corridor with lightning but the Harrow summons up a pulsing red energy of its own that absorbs and nullifies the electricity.

With a mental blast of anger the Harrow gathers up the energy around its hands and slaps the wall, blasting marble and brickwork out into the street - it moves with spidery speed through the gap it creates, scuttling outside. Through the gap it creates Jo can see meteors streaking the night sky overhead, the fiery trails of the Harrow's mysterious soldiers as they descend from space.

The Harrow is creating a Getting Away asset for itself: I'm just going to spend a d10 Doom to create it. If the asset goes up beyond d12 it escapes!

New round, tag Jo.

Paibok: Mental Stress d12
The Harrow: Emotional Stress d4, Getting Away d10

In Space, Approaching Aks'Lo
"I've got what you need, Accuser." Blackmane says. "I know who framed you, and why, and better yet I kept evidence. You leave me on this happy little planet and I'll tell you exactly where I stashed it."

He remains smug right up until the little shuttle craft approaches Aks'Lo. Somehow the same invasion fleet that wrecked the Kyln has beaten you here. The same biological craft, green and insectile, swarm in local space, accompanied by larger craft of a similar design that hang in orbit and bombard the planet below with munitions and landing pods.

But beyond all that a truly gargantuan thing swims through the void. Without any context its size is difficult to understand until the ship displays an info window next to it on the HUD: it's fully hundreds of miles long, a mix of organic and artificial materials with a lamprey-like maw pointing towards the planet.

"!" is all Blackmane can manage before the sight is too much for him. He slumps in the cockpit, passed out, while the autopilot bleeps happily and sets course for a landing. A course which looks set to take the little ship right through the heart of the fleet.

Xandar
The Doom Pool can't compete with that - DP gets his gear back!

A passing centurion throws Deadpool a bundle containing his swords and guns.

"I know you!" she shouts - she's human, and speaking English. "Help the Corps and we'll pay you!"

Just in time, too. The blue-skinned cyborg grabs hold of Deadpool and the merc feels his body start to fail where the creature touches - entropy clawing at his regenerative powers.

Meanwhile Skreet lunges for Gali, dodging past her various pieces of technology as they fold into existence and engaging her in bizarre fisticuffs, her hands blazing with chaos-energy.

"Even you can't eat me," she sneers, beating ineffectually on Gali's armour. "I'm made of the universe!"

Skreet attempts to disrupt the creation of Gali's asset: Team d6, Needs a Partner d4, Shrinking d8, Enhanced Strength d8: 12 with a d6 - fail. So on her turn she attacks! Team d6, Needs a Partner d4, Enhanced Strength d8, Energy Blast d8: Abysmal. 7 with a d8.

Blue Guy continues to wail on DP on his go: Team d8, Entropic Locus d8, Doom 2d6. 11 with a d6, one opportunity.

And the mob-on-mob action continues to minor effect.

Nova Mob: 2d8; d8 physical stress
Criminal Mob: 4d8; d8 physical stress

Godthab Omega
I'll buy Amadeus' opportunity since the Doom Pool has shrunk pretty rapidly. Then resist: Solo d8, Artist d4, Telepathy d8, Energy Supremacy d10. 12 with a d8, one opportunity.

"A good attempt, child!" Glorian says, "but you have underestimated my perfected genius. Did you really think such an obvious location would hide a device of such import? I understand the human mind like no one else, and I have hidden my machines beyond the wit of man to find."

He puts his hands on his hips and laughs - a laugh which is abruptly cut short by Thor's sudden appearance behind him and devastating blow. The hammer launches Glorian like a bullet, again generating a flicker of some other world that lies over the present one for a second or two, but the golden man arrests his flight with a thought and lands gently on his feet.

"Yes! Fight me!" He raises his hands like a maestro. "Let me show you what a hammer blow like that can achieve!"

With a sudden sense of static across one's vision the landscape changes: the barren desert becomes a sucking swamp, filled with creeper-draped trees. Plants and animals alike display the bright colours and sudden movements of things highly toxic and predatory. The mesas become large, grey rock formations wrapped with vines and carved with ancient tribal symbols in a language long forgotten.

"I had other plans for this part of the world but I can always change it back again." Glorian's face splits in a nasty grin. "In the meantime, I think the fauna of this place will serve me well."

Glorian defends. Solo d8, Tenuous Grasp on Reality d4, Telekinesis d12, Godlike Durability d12. Spending a doom die to boost that to 23 with a d4 effect, one opportunity.

Spirit's taken out, so she won't be participating in this scene now other than to keep Banner safe from death world nasties. Glorian creates a d12 Death World asset for his go.

Tag whoever posts first.

Doom: 1d6 + 1d12
Where have my doom dice gone? =(

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne - It's raining hungry bug monsters

Chasing after The Harrow, Jol'Ynne plans the best way to dissect such a creature. These thoughts are banished when she sees the outside, and the army raining down with only one thing on their mind, if the images from The Harrow were accurate.

She faces a choice. Pursue the Harrow, in the hope of extracting information from it, or make Pai'Bok call off his forces. There's a chance if the rebels and loyalists work together, they can turn aside the attack and evacuate... but the Harrow's knowledge could be needed to defeat the reinforcements it seems to believe are coming.

In the end, she decides a captured Harrow is useless if everyone dies before they can get it to a telepath or mind-probe. The disgusting creature can escape, this time. Jol'ynne turns on Pai'Bok and berates him.

"You weak-minded FOOL! That army of yours is doing to devour this world, and everything on it, including you unless it's stopped! Unless you want to be eaten, get your rebels working with the Baroness to drive them off, or Kly'Bn help you, I will show them your skull and do it myself!"

At the same time, she begins adjusting her cybernetics, to get them working again. Jol'Ynne has a feeling she's going to need them very soon.

Action vs. the Doom Pool to re-activeate Scientist and the associated gear. Buddy d6, Skrull Scientist d8, Tech Master d10. Using buddy since Pai'bok is nominally on Jo's side right now, she she's certainly not taking her eye off him long enough to count as solo.

Reactivate implants: 1#1d6 4 1#1d8 6 1#1d10 5
11, d6 effect. C'mon low doom pool...

Tag Pai'bok.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Ok, so Glorian probably had at least a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. Or he was really good at guessing and able to make elementary deductions about other people's guesses. Maybe the golden skin paint and toga were a vestige of the 'best time of his life' and this was all some sort of superpowered space-midlife crisis. Psychoanalyzing the golden creep probably wouldn't work if he kept jumping around and people didn't KEEP POWERING HIS HORRIBLE EMOTION ENERGY MACHINE.

"Aaaaaaaah, why? Why would you hit him? Thor!"

Alright, alright think this through. Glorian's a jerk, and his powers don't necessarily follow the same laws of thermodynamics as we do. He's not omniscient, or our arrival would have been factored into his plans, although his ability to be aware of his immediate surroundings does seem to be extremely unusual if not supernatural, he can be caught off guard if too many other variables are in play and his own power seems to effect him well enough. Also, Chewbacca is a Wookie. He comes from the planet Kashyyyk.

Amadeus raised his hands to his head, clutching at himself as he advanced hypothesis after hypothesis, matching facts with possible conjectures and probable outcomes and coming up with a lot nonsense occasionally peppered with science fiction references. He covered his eyes, and took a deep breath, analyzing the known facts and most likely known facts one more time.

"There!"

He pointed once again and shouted, pointing towards a spot in the shifting terrain which admittedly was otherwise indistinguishable from everything else but did happen to have incrementally changed first every time one of those weird scenery shifts started. Best guesses at the last second were (hopefully) also the best ones. Or something.

Second time's a charm right? I've heard that before I think. Let's try again, giving the big guy an Asset for his next roll.

Buddy d10=7, Hyper-Focused d8=6, Science Master d10=8, Superhuman senses d10=10 8+10 = 18 d10 effect. Much better. Tag Thor next.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Buddy d6, 1pp, 0 Stress, 2 xp, Condition Normal (Hitting the Golden Jerk Seemed Ineffective)

Thor frowns at Glorian's encouragement and Amadeus' chastisement. It takes a moment for the Odinson to get it, but then Thor was never really known for being the thinking first type.

Still, the gears roll over before he takes another swing at the dream-shaper.

"Indeed, young Amadeus, he is a heartier foe than I had anticipated!" The Thunder God twirls Mjolnir as he re-considers his approach to the situation, following Amadeus' eye for a moment.

Thor's senses weren't as keen as Amadeus', but Asgardian senses were still miles beyond a normal human's, and Thor thought he saw a momentary glimmer where the teenager was pointing.

"Listen ye well, Knave, thou may well know the human mind, but mine mind be not human!" Thor smiled and summoned a bolt of lightning down, right where Amadeus was pointing (or at least he thought as much).

Thor's going to try and bust up the dream machine, but dice hate me. Anyway, d6 buddy, d4 legendary ego, d8 enhanced senses (to perceive where it is), d12 weather supremacy, d8 cosmic expert, and d10 for Amadeus' asset. equals a piddly 10 with a d8 (it's a d8 because I'm spending a pp to add 3 more from my d12 and equal a 13) ugh.

Glorian can close out the round.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 13, 2013

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Buddy d10, 2pp, 15xp

Little Yellow Box posted:

I am Deadpool, destroyer of Doom pools, look upon my works ye mighty and despair!:haw:

Deadpool's mood has brightened tremendously now that he's got his gear back, strapping and snapping and buckling and pouching. All while trying to dodge Blueboy. Suddenly Deadpool gets the crazy idea to overcharge his Teleporter to get a longer distance hop than normal, it'll buy him some breathing room from this bruiser!

REACTION ROLL:
SFX: Surprise! replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step.
SFX: Indiscriminate. Instead of spending 1 PP, add D6 to the doom pool to create a Needs More Dakka! stunt.
STUNT: Can't catch me! d8
Buddy d10, Cosmic Pain in the rear end d4 (+1pp), Godlike Stamina d12, Teleport/Acrobatic expert d10, Can't catch Me! d8

POOF! I'm gone: 1d4 4 1d8 6 2#1d10 10 8 1d12 8
18 (d12 effect)

In a snap, DP's across the room and ready for action, while the big guy and his buddies just stand there looking so dumb...so confused...
"Look Blueboy, you really need to climb down off'a my balls here." he shouts with glee!
Unholstering Tolerance, and Understanding Deadpool takes aim at the blue guy, and everyone around him, and opens FULL-AUTO-I-poo poo-YOU-NOT-THAT'S-A-FUCKTON-OF-FIREPOWER-MATIC on his cyanotic rear end!

ACTION ROLL:
SFX: BangBangBangBangBang! Area Attack, add a D6 and keep an additional effect die/target. 3d6
SFX: Surprise! In a pool including a Needs More Dakka! Power, replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step.
SFX: Indiscriminate. add D6 to the doom pool to create a Needs More Dakka! stunt.
STUNT: a, frankly, ludicrous amount of bullets(again) d8
Buddy d10, Merc with a mouth d4(+1pp), Agility/Weapon d12, STUNT: ludicrous bullets d8, bangbangbang 3d6, Combat master d10

Makin it RAIN!: 1d4 2 3#1d6 2 6 5 1d8 1 2#1d10 2 7 1d12...
19 (d10,d6,d6,d6 effect) One opportunity

Tagging. Blueguy and friends.
Doom:
3d6 + 2d12
Spoke too soon about destroying that Doom Pool v:v:v
RETCONS:

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 13, 2013

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Buddy d6, d6 Physical Stress, 1 PP, 8 XP

For a reptile/horse alien cyber-hacker or whatever Blackmane was, it turned out he was surprisingly stupid. True, the alien judge needed Blackmane alive, but that didn't mean he could break the hacker's knees. Any New York thug ever interrogated by a so-called super-hero could tell you that. Thankfully this Ronan seemed to be in control of his own temper, and did not immediately lash out with his universal remote, instead taking interest in how Mysterio got to a space moon-prison.

"Normally I'd be hesitant to go into detail of how I was imprisoned to a judge, but I gather something went wrong if you had to break a criminal out of space-jail. So, you probably can't arrest me or anything like that, right? Well, I came up with a master plan that fooled the Fantastic Four and allowed me to steal something they called an 'infinity gem'." Actually, the Fantastic Four were out in space that day and forgot to lock the door. "With its power, I was going to spread my name throughout the galaxy. Unfortunately, I was defeated and thrown in that moon-jail, although it did take an entire fleet to capture me." That was a lie, it was just a talking raccoon. "They took the gem away from me, but somehow I still retained some of its power. Which you should be thankful for, seeing as I'm the reason the three of us are still alive."

While he'd like to expand further on that last point, the ship's arrival at their destination, and the sight of the invasion fleet, somehow makes it hard to brag. And then Blackmane passes out before he can override the auto-pilot which was set to fly straight through the fleet. "I want to go back to Earth now."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta

Gali looks down at the sprite, a bit taken aback. Really, she expected the mite to try and beat at retreat rather than practically jump into the lion's maw. Or Gali's maw. Not a maw, exactly, but - you get the idea. Mostly, she's not used to being hit, though she's more surprised than offended. Or wounded, for that matter.

Withstanding Skreet's wee wallops: Buddy d8 + Unlikely Guardian d4 + Godlike Durability 2d8 + Combat Expert d8: 12 with a d8 effect, and gaining a Plot Point.

"Well, starstuff.", Gali says, her implements curling in as they start to glow, clearly activating. "Let's test that with science." Lavender light flares across the room as she lights up all of her devices, looking to try and convert Skreet into galactic energy. Certainly it's risky at best to try and munch up another cosmic being, but consequences, schmonsequences, she's hungry!

Galacta's going to try and prepare a Chaos Mite Apertif: Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d8 + Cosmic Blast d10 + Combat Expert d8 + Consume d6 + Utensils Asset d10 = spending that Plot Point to keep an extra die, and getting a 20 with a d12 effect (d10 stepped up by Consume) and one opportunity.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Aks'Lo
You handily beat the Doom Pool there.

Jo feels the reassuring sensation of her cybernetics coming back online, retinal displays flickering into life over her vision. Communications across Aks'Lo are alive with panic as scattered groups of skrulls report contacts with an endless, indiscriminately hostile tide of insectile creatures. Are these allies? Enemies? Skrulls in disguise? Some sort of trick? Confusion reigns.

Paibok levers himself to his feet. Without any seeming malice, he shifts to a form of banded iron and aims a backhanded swing at Jol'Ynne's head.

"Do not presume to threaten me, scientist," he says, just a hint of anger touching his voice. "You are useful, but not so useful that I will tolerate open disrespect."

"We must assume that the Harrow either knows all my plans for conquering this planet or implanted those plans in the first place - but we are skrulls, and so this battle shall adopt a new shape more favourable to our ends."

"There is a spaceport in this city, doubtless under heavy attack. Find the Baroness and tell her to meet me there along with any and all she feels like saving." His body slims down in order to allow him egress through the same route as the Harrow. "We shall escape this planet from under the very noses of our enemies."

And then he is away into the night, leaving Jo alone in the building while fire streaks the sky outside.

Paibok takes a casual swing at Jo, aiming for physical stress. 15 with a d10. Meanwhile the Harrow scurries off to parts unknown.

So: Contact the Baroness, chase Paibok, chase the Harrow, or something else?

Aks'Lo, Orbit
Pausing to allow time for posts. If nothing changes I'll land you at a suitably terrible time for everyone.

Godthab Omega
Yeah, Glorian beats Thor handily. On the other hand, Amadeus' asset - Over There! d10 or something - does stick around.

Also, Glorian's starting a new round with each of his goes - it means he can't double up on his own turns, but with a bit of timing
you can.

Quick as a flash Glorian reaches out and Thor's lightning strike is intercepted by a shield of cosmic force that deflects the bolt off into the swamp, shooting up clouds of steam. On the plus side, his sudden look of worry confirms that you have the right target.

"Pay less attention to the device behind the curtain, Asgardian, and more attention to... this!"

A gargantuan grey-green serpent bursts from the swampwater, seeking to entangle Thor in its thick, lashing coils.

"Yes!" Glorian crows. "Struggle for life! Feed my machine!"

Attacking Thor via the medium of Snake: 16 with a d10, 2 opportunities.

As usual, tag whoever goes first.

Xandar
DP: I don't think Stamina is really a useful ability to add to a teleporting reaction, so I'd say you'd want to either justify it somehow or leave it out. You still get 18 with a d8, though, which is plenty. Also, buying your opportunity.

You also need to be clearer with targeting: I arbitrarily assigned your d10 effect to Blue Guy and the d6s to the mob for now.

Mob defends poorly. Blue Guy goes with Team d8, Decaying Cybernetic Brain d4, Technology Resistance d10, 2d6 Doom. Well, that sucked. He uses his Failsafe SFX to redirect physical stress to mental. I'm also going to activate his Object Reading SFX to turn your technology against you on his next action.

Deadpool's bullets rip through the crowd with surprising discrimination, taking out hairy space-apes, shrieking plant-people with prison shanks, but not touching the beleaguered Nova Corps. In the midst of the devastation the blue cyborg screams as electricity arcs from his skull implants - Deadpool can feel the guns' kick in his hands subtly change, the mechanism jarring and shuddering so that no bullet goes near Mr Blue.

Blue Guy counterattacks: Team d8, Unsafe d8, Technology Influence d6, Object Reading d10, Tech Expert d8. 12 with a d10.

The cyborg reaches out as if twisting the air with his fingers and with a miniature clap of thunder Deadpool's teleportation device backfires, blasting the merc with electricity.

Skreet defends. Team d6; Chaos Mite d8; Enhanced Durability d6; Godlike Stamina d10; Cosmic Mastery d10: Not marvellous. I'll buy your opportunity and spend almost all my remaining Doom to keep her alive using her Invulnerable SFX.

Meanwhile Gali makes to devour Skreet. The sprite's physical form dissolves easily under the bombardment of cosmic forces, providing precious little sustenance. But bound up in the tiny body is an almost overwhelming surge of chaos - enough power to unmake stars were it capable of anything more than the most basic focus.

"Told ya!" Skreet says, her voice echoing around Gali's head. "Didn't your daddy ever say? Never consume an energy field bigger than your head - hat included!"

Crims and Novas continue to wail on each other. Thanks to DP's intervention their fight is looking like the Corps are going to take it - barely.

New round, and Skreet tags herself to start. She's going to try to give Gali a Cosmic Indigestion complication: Team d6; Chaos Mite d8; Plasma Blast + Charge SFX 2d10; Cosmic Mastery d10. Suck. 11 with a d6 and two opportunities.

Tag whoever posts first.

Nova Mob: 1d8
Criminal Mob: 1d8
Blue Guy: d12 mental stress

Doom: 1d6 (sob weep)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
yeah, sorry about the not targetting the bad guys, as for my using stamina, that was clearer in the fluff but got revised out as I cleaned up the post. Basically the stamina (as it applies to healing) was supposed to "clear my head" after getting gobsmacked by mr. Blue, enough to teleport. My bad for being unclear!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Buddy d6, 1pp, 0 Stress, 2 xp, Condition Normal (I've seen enough animes to know this can't end well...)

Thor leaps skyward as the serpent lunges for him, and even though he urges Mjolnir to give him some extra speed it still manages to catch his leg and drag him back down toward the earth.

It isn't something that earns Glorian a smile from the Thunder God.

Orokos continues it's organized campaign against me, it seems. Thor attempts to dodge the serpent. Rolling d6 buddy, d8 righteous warrior, d8 enhanced reflexes, d10 supersonic flight, d8 combat expert...totalling a measily 12 with a d8 effect and 1 opportunity. But 'I Say Thee Nay' to add another d10...which rolled a 4. That at least brings the total to a 12 with a d10 and 1 opportunity...and steps back my flight power to a d8 until a transition scene so that's good. Guess I take that d10 stress.

Thor cries out as his leg is crushed in the serpent's coils. But the Odinson would not be cowed by the dreamshaper. "Thy attempts are worthy of song, fiend, yet Thor has bested greater foes than thee!" He raises Mjolnir high into the air and a crack of lightning forks outward, showering the battlefield, bursting against Glorian, the Serpent, and the Machine with Asgardian anger.

Ok, so, Going to use my Second Wind SFX to add my Physical Stress (which I just took) to the doom pool and double my Son of Asgard Power, and activating Area Attack from Mjolnir to attack Glorian and his constructs. So total dice pool is d6 buddy, d8 god of thunder, 2d6 weather influence, d12 weather supremacy, d8 mystic expert, 2d6 area attack extras Sub-totals a 17 with a d12 and 1 opportunity but I forgot Amadeus' asset, so add a d10 which rolled an 8, bringing the total to a 21 with a d12 effect to zap everything.

If Glorian's Serpent counts as me taking stress from Glorian, my using Second Wind will net me 3 xp, so let me know if that's the case.

Glorian can go next.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 16, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ronan the Bemused

Ronan examines the ship's unfortunately fixed trajectory with indifference. Addressing Mysterio, he says, "At least the weapons system is online. You can use the auto-targeting while I go out and clear a path through the ships." He turns back to the controls, trying to at least turn on the defensive maneuver protocols, but can't help turning around as Mysterio finishes his story.

He fixes his most penetrating stare at his unexpected shipmate, silently assessing him for what may seem like minutes but is really just a very uncomfortable couple of seconds. Then he grins (which probably just makes the situation even more off-putting) and claps his mighty hands upon Mysterio's shoulders.

"The Infinity Gem prised from Richards and his gang of meddling miscreants! No doubt locked in that frustratingly low-tech but inventive Baxter Fortress! It is all clear now. You are a warrior or agent far greater than you let on. Obviously they overstepped their authority and tricked some backwater magistrate into jailing you far from anyone who could defend you from their wily plot," he says, reaching into a hitherto hidden compartment. He takes out a bottle of a luminescent, smoky liquid and pours a little into two plasteel cups. "A quick swig of Kree Very Special Old Blue, a drink for champions such as we!"

He flicks a switch. "No need for auto-targeting after all. You will of course man the turret manually!"

OOC: Was my ship write-up okay or does it need tinkering?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne
PP: 2
XP: 8
Physical Stress: 1d10
Mental Stress: nil
Emotional Stress: nil

Jo attempts to roll with the blow and mitigate the worst of it. She figures dodging too well would just needle him further. Still, Pai'Bok's sudden shapeshift catches her off guard, throwing off earlier observations.
Solo d8, Observe and Adapt D4+1PP, Stamina d8, durability d8
Dodge Pai'Bok: 3#1d8 7 4 5 1d4 3
Nope, nothing helping there.

With Pai'Bok gone and blurred vision fading, Jol'Ynne shakes her head, and slips through the same crack. Getting to the baroness /would/ be the best plan, evacuating all they can. She leaps from the wall, shifting some wings and trying to find the baroness, by air or by radio.
Solo d8, Observe and Adapt d8, Shapeshifting 2d8, Cybernetic Senses d10, Tech Master d10
Aerial Scouting: 4#1d8 6 7 7 3 2#1d10 4 5
14 with d10 effect.

As that goes on, Jo ponders her current situation. Caught between loyalties with Pai'bok and the Baroness. angering either would be a bad idea at this point, and bending the knee to a conqueror is one thing, but Pai'Bok is clearly going to be lord of nothing soon. Still, he has ways. His forces made a mockery of the Baroness', even if his governing skills leave something to be desired.

she ponders trying to get them to marry. It would either be the finest leadership seen by Skrullkind, or one would bite the other's head off after mating. Win-Win really.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
1 pp, 6xp

Galacta makes a face, the sort of face you realize when you've swallowed a bug alive. And now it's buzzing up inside her head. Well, certainly poorly thought-out eating habits are a staple of the Galactus family, even if that family is only about two wide plus a butler most of the time. Ugh, this is what it felt for DadG like to eat Poppup, I bet, ugh, cosmic cockney.

Still, precious little sustenance is still precious sustenance, but she can't swallow the pit, as it turns out. Covering her mouth for a moment, there's a flare of purple energy as she tries to spit out the sprite, coincidentally right in the general direction of a certain blue baddie. Ah, yes. The "regurgitation cosmic", as unpleasant as it is cosmic.

Trying to spit Skreet out for a bit of physical harm; Buddy d8 + Daughter of the Devourer d4 + Cosmic Supremacy 2d10 + Combat Mastery d8 + Utensils d10 = 17 with a d10 effect, and spending the PP just gained to add another d10 effect by launching her into the blue breakoutee.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Buddy d10, 2pp, 15xp

REACTION ROLL:

Buddy d10, Best at what wolverine does d8, durability d10

Do you smell Bacon?
15 (d10 effect)

~Bzzzt~
WHUMP!
"YOWZA!"
One second you're on your feet, peppering baddies with bullets, the next thing you know, you're waking up on the ground. Drooling. With a charlie horse the size of Mr. Ed.

Ay-yi-yi!
"You said it LB"
Wade springs back to his feet, holstering the malfunctioning guns, and shaking his head at the sparks and smoke coming from his teleporter.
"Looks like we'll have to go old school for you Blueboy!"

Deadpool reaches up, pulling out both of his blades.

"ya gotta love swords, so simple, no moving parts, just swing and slice, a little of the old Ultraviolence."
As he's making his little speech, Deadpool is walking faster, he shifts into a run, and then a flat out sprint, launching himself in the air swords first right at Big Blue and his gang of mooks.

ACTION ROLL:
SFX: Breaking the Fourth Wall. Spend 1 PP to replace a d6 in the doom pool with a d4 (-1pp:v:)
SFX: Surprise! replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step. (2d10=1d12)
SFX: Two At The Same Time! replace a Weapon die with 2d8.
SFX: BangBangBangBangBang! As Area Attack, add a D6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target. (3d6)
Buddy/Agility d12, Best at what wolverine does d8, Swords 2d8, Combat Master d10, StabStabStab! 3d6

Mad Ginsu Action Fool!
18 (d10-Blue guy, d8-Criminal1, d8-Criminal2,d8-Criminal3)
gently caress, I forgot there was only 1 more Criminal d8 instead of 3, oh well :v:

Tagging: Nova Mob
Doom:
1d4 (:clint:)
RETCONS:

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 20, 2013

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Buddy d6, d6 Physical Stress, 1 PP, 8 XP

If only Earth judges shared the same outlook as Ronan, then Mysterio would never have to play cards with Rhino in a shared cell ever again. Still, it felt like they were forgetting something. Oh right, the imminent death from a fleet of death ships they were flying through. "Are you sure these controls will work, I thought Blackmane said he took control of everything. He probably has a remote or something on him that he used to hack the ship, perhaps it has an off switch?"

So, are we going to have an on-rails turret sequence, or are we just going to skip ahead to the landing?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Godthab Omega
The serpent counts as being attacked by Glorian - have your 3 xp, and 2 PP as I buy both your opportunities. Glorian's defence: 16 with a d4, two opportunities. And me with no dice big enough to activate invulnerability...

Lightning rips through the air and into the swamp, blasting trees apart and showering the area with splinters. Glorian, outlined in searing white light at the heart of the thunderbolt, manages to stagger a single step before his golden form - smoking - crashes to the ground insensate.

Even as the golden god pitches forward, the swamp and serpent fade back into nonexistence, leaving everyone surrounded by the familiar sandy mesas - except for one large rock formation which turns out to have been a gargantuan machine all along, sparking and groaning as it runs down after (poorly) absorbing the wrath of the heavens.

Spirit shakes her head.

"Enjoy your triumph, Asgardian, and remember to use such strength when next we battle. I yet yearn to die at your hands."

Fight over! Stellaris will arrive soon but you've got time for a chat.

Aks'Lo
Yup, the ship write-up is fine and I'll fast-forward to the landing. In fact, I'll fast-forward to the bit where everyone meets up for the sake of keeping it moving.

Ronan's ship hurtles through the attacking fleet, the autopilot smart enough to avoid collisions with other craft but not quite clever enough to register incoming munitions and coherent energy packets as threats. Despite its crew's sterling efforts it takes a considerable pounding as it plunges into the atmosphere in its single-minded drive towards the spaceport, drawing a trail of enemy fighter craft behind it.

--

Baroness S'Bak and Paibok stare at each other across an empty holding dock. The overhead blast shields are closed but the sound of wanton destruction above can vaguely be heard. The Baroness has a handful of soldiers, Jol'Ynne, Karolina Dean and the injured Xavin. Paibok has a slightly larger handful of soldiers and his own formidable powers. His most powerful ally, Godkiller, is nowhere to be seen, although Cor'Gt lurks at the back of his entourage.

"It's to be an alliance, then?" the Baroness asks. For this meeting she's adopted a bulky masculine form but her voice remains the same.

"A truce," Paibok clarifies, and the Baroness nods. "Until we're free and clear of this place. Together we have the power and numbers to punch through the cordon - but if either of us tried to do it fighting them and each other... well. We'd all die."

"I agree," the Baroness says. "Our first action should be to find a working ship--"

With a sudden rumble of machinery, the blast shields begin to retract.

"Treachery!" the Baroness and Paibok shout in unison as the shields iris open, exposing everyone to the skies filled with hostile aliens above. A sleek spacecraft of Kree make, its hull looking worse for wear, makes a textbook perfect landing exactly halfway between the two sides.

But there isn't enough time to be surprised - hot on the spacecraft's tail come countless alien fighters, some of them clipping spaceport structures and crashing to the ground in balls of flame, the rest opening fire with a barrage of lasers. As if that wasn't enough, a cresting wave of insectile ground troops and beasts of war comes pouring in through the opening blast doors.

--

"Welcome to Aks'Lo," the onboard autopilot says. "Enjoy your stay on this beautiful planet. A customs officer will be present shortly to examine your craft for contraband." With a quiet beep, it switches off and the ship powers down.

Unfortunately this makes the ship a sitting duck for the fighters still chasing it, not to mention the rushing wave of ground troops and - why are they surrounded by angry skrulls?

Cue giant fight. To avoid having to run a scene with a dozen combatants I'm going to assume that the key actors are Ronan, Mysterio and Jol'Ynne. Enemies are two mobs: a squadron of fighters above and a ground force horde on the ground. Paibok and the others are busy with their own enemies, but could conceivably be brought in as assets with a social sort of roll. Scene distinctions are Spaceport Machinery and The Air is Full of Death.

Tag whoever posts first.

Xandar
Blue guy defends: 13 with a d4, so he's not quite finished yet.

Gathering herself, Gali ejects an energy packet at a respectable velocity that shears neatly through the blue cyborg's arm before reforming into Skreet, seeming unharmed and cackling madly despite her brush with digestion. His arm compromised at a critical moment, the cyborg finds himself unable to defend against Deadpool's low-tech assault and falls before the mercenary's sword.

"Again?!" Skreet shouts as the cyborg sparks and stumbles, and Deadpool rampages through the last of the space criminals. "What does a girl have to do to find a decent partner round here?"

A klaxon blares and the lights begin to flash red. The remaining Novas give each other 'what now?' expressions and Skreet's mood visibly improves.

"What's that I hear?" she says, filled with glee once again.

"Attention all inhabitants of Xandar," the Worldmind's voice booms. "It is critical you pay attention at this time!"

"I'll give you a clue," Skreet goes on. "It starts with 'A' and ends with 'gigantic fleet hell-bent on your extermination!' Toodles!"

"Xandar is under attack from an extinction-level force," the Worldmind goes on. "All civilians proceed to your evacuation points. Novas of centurion rank and above enact survival plan Green Alpha. All other military personnel deploy and protect the civilian vessels."

The viewports of the prison dome offer a spectacular view of the attackers: through a rift in space pours an endless stream of green spacecraft, biological in appearance, clouds of fighters and boarding shuttles racing ahead of the larger capital ships.

In the shocked silence that follows, a faint beeping can be heard. One by one, all eyes turn to the slumped form of the blue cyborg.

"Attention everyone nearby," Skreet says in her best Worldmind voice. "His plasma reactor's about to go off." A nasty grin spreads across her features. "I'm indestructible. Are you?"

DP and the Nova mob polish off the space criminals. The novas tag Blue Guy, who is going to step up his physical stress and take himself out to create a Self-Destruct timer at d12. If it steps up, he explodes and bad things happen. Tag Gali, who is the last person in the round. Then you've got the whole of the next round before the bomb goes off.

Skreet: d8 emotional
Nova Mob: 1d8
Self-Destruct: d12

Doom: 2d6 + 1d10

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ronan the Rubble Lobber

Ronan ignores his ship's auto-hospitality mode and exits the ship, ready to tear into the enemy fighters. The sight of the insectoid horde gives him pause. The Skrulls were not welcome either, but they probably could be dealt with in a more civilized manner after the more immediate threats.

He shouts back to Mysterio, "Your mastery of illusion is needed again! The fighters have followed us and they are not the only foe here!"

Next, deciding that he and his unasked-for crew need some breathing room, Ronan rips apart large chunks of the less-essential looking machinery and lobs it toward---but not actually at---the impending mobs of alien soldiers. He uses the Ultimate Weapon's power to split and transform the rubble into jagged and spiky obstacles as they land. If his plan works, they will have to tread carefully to avoid serious injury... making them much easier targets for Ronan's (and Mysterio's) onslaught.

OOC: Teamwork is not Ronan's strong suit, but let's see if he can't create a decent MIND YOU DON'T STEP ON A DEADLY METAL SPIKE Complication on the Arthrosian (?) mob approaching.
D6 Team + D8 Space Machinery + D12 Godlike Strength + 2D10 Transmutation (Unleashed SFX) + D8 Combat Expert = 15 with D10 effect (Had to reroll since I put in D7s for some reason the first time, sorry... let me know if you'd prefer I keep the original roll.)

Important question: what are the Team Affiliation dice for the mobs? I want to use my Area Attack SFX next chance I have, but need to know how many D6 to roll.

Also, tagging Mysterio!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Buddy d6, 3pp, 0 Stress, 15 xp, Condition Normal (Victory!)

Thor grins as the illusory battleground vanishes, culminating in Glorian collapsing at the Thunder God's feet.

Thor taps him a couple times anyway, just to be sure, then nods satisfactorily and loops Mjolnir on is belt.

"Well done, friend Amadeus!" The Asgardian shouts at the Earthling. "Thou truly possess a brave heart, to stand steadfastly against such trouble!" He nods toward the smoldering machine. "And a keener eye than even the Odinson! Truly, I sayest to thee, bravo!"

Thor laughs bemusedly. "Tis a fine day whenst I may foil a villain's plan and lay him low in the same stroke! A fine day indeed!" He nods.

"But now, let us tend to friend Banner, and we may set thee both upon thy way home." Thor takes a moment to give Glorian another kick to ensure he remains unconscious, then trods his way toward the sleeping geneticist, a victorious spring in his step.

So, having dealt the final blow to Glorian myself, I'm going to go ahead and claim my 10 xp from soundly defeating my chosen foe, and whistle to the bank! I'll keep the same milestone set though, since I'm sure it'll come up again.

Oh also, is this a transition scene such that I can restore Mjolnir's flight powers?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Amadeus Cho: Godthab Omega

"Wow."

At the Asgardian's command the skies had crackled and the world itself blasted apart in a wave of lightning and fire. For a moment Amadeus simply fell into silence, somewhere between awed and thunderstruck by the full power of Thor's strike.

"Yeah, totally! How about a fist bump for taking down a creepy golden toga guy?"

But then the world started moving again and he took a deep breath, holding up his fist to Thor as he fell into step alongside the God of Thunder as they strode towards Banner's slumped form.

"I'm kind of curious as to how the machine works and why he was doing it, but mission accomplished is mission accomplished. What do you figure, we'll just pack up Dr. Banner and Spirit and then meet up with Stellaris and the rest for a post-game party? I'm pretty sure I counted about 85 different machines that ferment or synthesize alcohol back at that pirate camp."

He cast a final wistful glance back towards the machine, but mission accomplished was mission accomplished. At this point everything he'd wanted to do was done so it'd just have to be another day. Or something.Po

"Or maybe it was drain cleaner. I've still got a lot of unanswered questions about Kree physiology. What are we going to do with golden toga guy anyway? Is there a space jail or something we should put him in? I'm kind of guessing here but I think he probably has other powers or some sort of super-science gimmick going on so kicking him repeatedly in the fork might work out as a short term solution but not so well in the long term."

Post game party, space jail for Glorian, and homeward bound is about all I care about at this point, in that order.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Galacta
1 pp, 6xp

In response to Skreet, Galacta's response is a puzzled... "Yes?" Of course Galacta's invulnerable, but then the panic below her reminds her it's a fairly rare trait to possess.

o O (Well, you did give your word to the Worldmind, but on the other hand, this planet is a disaster magnet. I can hardly be blamed for things going doom-shaped thanks to a world putting a big red 'blow me up' star on its giant, Oz-esque head, can I?), Galacta ponders in picosecond-long thoughts. o O (But the idea of the cockney-tinged ancient WMD getting her way is a little too irritating.)

o O (Hey, Maroon Monkeycheese!), Galacta thought-memos towards Deadpool, acknowledging him for the first time. o O (Or whatever ridiculous nom de guerre you go by on Earth, if you can keep her occupied for a moment, I can keep you from becoming a shadow on the wall. Deal? Deal.)

She doesn't wait for the thought-reply, though, accelerating herself into high speed, aiming to try and snatch up the blue cyborg. o O (It's getting a little cliché of me to just fling things around like a pre-sapient, but like daddy said, you don't waste a good apocalypse.) Her aim is to hyperspeed her way off of Xandar and drop off the fusion-enabled prisoner into space... which happens to be occupied by an invasion fleet at the moment.

Going to try and transport the bomb into spaaace = Buddy d8 + Unlikely Guardian d8 + Godlike Reflexes 2d10 + Combat Expert d8 = 16 with a d10 effect and 1 opportunity. Willing to keep myself in the explosion's range if that'll help.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Buddy d10, 3pp, 17xp

No sooner had the bladed slaughterizing begun, than it was over. criminal parts and vital fluids littered the immediate area, and it looks like things were well in hands for the good guys...

Plus Deadpool! ^___^
and the Nova peeps in the dorky helmets had won the day-
:siren:RED ALERT SIRENS:siren:
beep...beep....beep...

"awww...Crap!"

Momentarily at a loss for words, Deadpool struggles to form a plan when the Not-Centurion girl who'd just tried to eat Tinkerbell (and really, how hosed up is that?) suddenly thinks her thoughts into Wade's mind:

quote:

o O (Hey, Maroon Monkeycheese!), Galacta thought-memos towards Deadpool, acknowledging him for the first time. o O (Or whatever ridiculous nom de guerre you go by on Earth, if you can keep her occupied for a moment, I can keep you from becoming a shadow on the wall. Deal? Deal.)
o O (Ok, whatever you say(think?), I'm not gonna argue with a rebellious teenage equivalent of a godlike cosmic omnivore!)
Deadpool thinks back as hard as he can. Turning to face the not-chewed up Skreet.

o O (I hope you got more in mind than snarking or snacking the problem to death. Cuz, trying to eat the pixie doesn't seem to have agreed with ya!)
[+2xp don't hate the player...:v:]

Deadpool flourishes his swords at the diminuitive sprite
"Alrighty Tink, let's Dance!"

Deadpool springs into action, having seen how Skreet fights, Deadpool opts for speed over precision, trying to keep her busy so that the Hungry Girl can take care of the bomb...oh and wasn't there something about a fleet?

ACTION ROLL:
SFX: Two At The Same Time! On your next action or reaction, replace a Weapon die with 2d8.
SFX: Indiscriminate. Instead of spending 1 PP, add D6 to the doom pool to create a Needs More Dakka! stunt.
[STUNT] Taste my Hanzo Steel! d8
Buddy d10, Cosmic Pain in the rear end d4(+1pp), Agility d10, Swords 2d8, Taste my Hanzo Steel! d8, Combat Master d10

Dis-Skreet-ly Dissecting, like Dexter
19 (d10 effect)

Tagging: Skreet
Doom:
3d6+1d10
RETCONS:

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Buddy d6, 3pp, 0 Stress, 15 xp, Condition Normal (Just Chattin')

"Verily!" Thor responds enthusiastically to Amadeus' request to fist bump. The Asgardian is careful not to use his full fist bumping strength though - the teenaged human was liable to shatter his entire arm if he didn't.

"It is likely that fair Stellaris shall be willing to take into custody Glorian...or what remains of him thusly!" Another hearty viking laugh. "The Graces be the most like a legitimate authority within this realm. However, there art other places within the heavens that serve the purpose of imprisonment. Mayhap I shall take the knave to The Kyln once I see thee and the good Doctor off!"

The Thunder God turns over his shoulder and nods at Spirit. "Or mayhap thyself and thy sisters shall relieve me of the golden villain, eh!?"

Thor turns his attention back toward Amadeus. "But aye, for now, let us awaken the good Doctor Banner and feast to our triumph!"

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Team d8, d6 Physical Stress, 2 PP, 8 XP(+3?)

How does this keep getting worse?! Now there's some sort of army as well as the familiar fighter swarm trying to kill Mysterio. Well, if it worked before, the gas should work again, right? "Ronan, stay close, I'm going to give us some cover." Again, Mysterio spreads out his arms and the hidden emitters spew out the radar-interfering gas. Which then stop as suddenly as they started. "...that wasn't supposed to happen." Checking the emitters, Mysterio soon finds the culprit: spilled ovaltine is clogging up his suit. "I'm going to die because of chocolate milk...can't say I saw that coming."

Not sure if Ronan calling me the "Master of Illusions" counts as him admitting how great Mysterio is, but if it does, +3 XP from my (Space) Quest For Glory milestone.

Trying to create an asset "Obscuring Smoke" for Mysterio and Ronan. I'm using area attack to get multiple effect dice, but let me know if that doesn't work. Won't matter for this action, because:
Team d8+New to this "Cosmic" Thing d4(+1 PP)+Gas Emitter d8+Science Master 2d8+Area Attack d6[Affecting Ronan]
Total is 9, Effect Dice are a d6 (Mysterio) and d4 (Ronan). This is less than ideal. Two opportunities for the Watcher, though.

Tagging the mob of fighters. Oh, and I'm assuming I'm using the team affiliation now that we're in the same scene as Jol'Ynne.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne

For a brief moment, things are looking up. Jol'Ynne stands a little taller than usual, putting on a proud front after her earlier failures. Whatever glitch affected her implants will have to be worked out, that is if she's still getting funded after this...

And then, things happen, and Jol'Ynne finds herself buffeted by soldiers going one way, and civillians going all the others.

A cosmetic post for now, since I haven't been tagged yet, but am also the only one who hasn't posted... hope you weren't waiting for me, I've been distracted by Christmas.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
No, I've also been distracted by Christmas - my fiance and I have Christmas 2 on the 28th or so once we're done appeasing our respective families, so it extended the festive disruption a bit.

Aks'Lo
The ground troops are Team 5d6, and the aerial fighters are Team 5d8. Also, Ronan's action succeeds: have a d10 complication on the ground troops.

Mysterio: I don't think Area really applies to the creation of assets. You just create an asset for the scene, and anyone present can use it - no need to create separate assets for separate people. Not that it matters here because the Doom Pool trounced your roll. Also, I'll buy both opportunities. Also also, go ahead and claim those 3 XP.

Ronan's transmutation of space port machinery into bladed obstacles funnels the tidal wave of Arthrosians into slightly more manageable streams of be-mandibled murder. Unfortunately Mysterio's gas generators conk out at exactly the wrong time - having attracted attention to himself, he has nowhere to hide as the insect-creatures roll over him.

Of course, his predicament is far from unique. The Arthrosians are everywhere, lashing out with blades or appendages or energy weapons, while overhead the fighter craft strafe back and forth, unleashing energy blasts into the melee with little regard for who they hit.

Ground Force Attack: Team 5d6, They Are Legion d8, Enhanced Strength d8, Combat Expert d8, Area SFX 2d6. 11 with a d8 (Ronan), d8 (Mysterio) and d6 (Jo). Three opportunities.

The Air Force are shooting up the place to increase the Doom Pool. Team 5d8, Energy Blast d12, Area SFX 2d6, Combat Expert d8. 14 with a d12 (Ronan), and 2 d8s (Mysterio and Jo). Each of you gets a reaction roll to their Area attack - if you fail, the indicated die goes to the Doom Pool (or possibly multiple stepped down dice - they have an SFX for that). If you succeed, you have somehow prevented their collateral damage.

Ground Force Horde 5d6, DEADLY METAL SPIKES d10 (comp.)
Aerial Forces 5d8

Tag Jo to finish the round.

Godthab Omega - Planet of Strife Party
Yup, a brief transition scene. Time to chat and party, and I'll bring the doom shortly.

It turns out that Nebula and her pirates still bear a grudge after having their asses kicked by Thor, and despite her name Spirit isn't exactly the partying type, but fortunately Stellaris knows how to put together a proper celebration. A giant campfire to keep off the chill of the Godthab night, a vast array of alien liquor, and all the people she can round up who are willing to put aside their differences in the name of getting legless and doing things they'll regret in the morning - which is quite a lot. Apart from one minor incident where a kree/shi'ar duelling banjos session became an actual duel, everything seems like a good time.

"I put in a call to the Nova Corps," Stellaris explains to Thor over their umpteenth drink - she's been matching him all night and is slowly succumbing despite using her armour to counteract the worst of the effects. "Space police, see? I got, like, a cosmic engaged signal or something but they'll be along to pick up golden boy sooner or later. In the meantime Tana'll keep him under."

'Tana' being Tana Nile, a Rigellian - five-foot-nothing, yellow skin, psychic - with an inordinate love of everything pink. She spends the evening avoiding Banner, who drinks only water and hangs around the edges of the gathering, talking quietly to anyone who approaches, but she gravitates towards Amadeus. Conversation reveals her incisive mind and bottomless curiosity for tales of Earth - especially the conclusion of Lost, since she was last kicked off the planet mid-way through the fourth season.

Xandar
I'll buy Gali's opportunity. Resisting the grab with the Doom Pool. Suck. 9 with a d10, one opprtunity. I'll apply your effect as an attack against the fleet, which will knock off one of its Team dice.

Gali streaks into space at a significant fraction of the speed of light, the cyborg's detonation countdown slowing to a crawl in the face of relativity. Out here the sheer scale of the fleet arrayed against Xandar is impressive even to her - there is enough firepower present to scour a regular planet down to the bedrock several times over, and the fragile remains of Xandar are unlikely to fare any better.

Delivering the exploding cyborg to one of the lead destroyers has a satisfying cascade effect on the leading edge of the fleet, though, the plasma explosion taking out the destroyer's manoeuvring jets and sending it crashing through squadrons of fighters and into a neighbouring capital ship.

Unfortunately this attracts the attention of the fleet, and a detachment swings away from its attack run on Xandar to concentrate on the purple figure who just bombed them.

Meanwhile, Deadpool goes one-on-one with Skreet. The chaos mite is a spectacularly annoying target, tiny and lightning-fast, dodging behind members of the Nova Corps or hiding inside the wall cavities. Finally Deadpool gets lucky with one of his swings and shears two of Skreet's wings off as she darts past. The sprite screams as she abruptly drops out of the air, ricocheting off a wall. She bounces to her feet, her severed wing-stumps bleeding purple chaos-stuff, creating new obscenities in the primordial tongue of the universe.

'That hurt!' she shouts. 'Bloody Hanzo steel. I should kick your arse from here to the end of time for that, but the big man's calling and I've got to go.'

Her wing reforms and she takes off like a bullet, heading for the fleet.

Skreet dodges! Solo d4, Needs a Partner d4, Shrinking d8, Space Flight 2d10, Covert Master d10. Nope. 14 with a d4, one opportunity. On the plus side, she's a great source of doom dice.

She's creating herself a Getting Away! asset, to be opposed by DP since he's in the best position to catch her. Solo d4, Sole Survivor d8, Shrinking d8, Space Flight 2d10, Covert Master d10. 17 with a d10.

Skreet: d10 emotional, d12 physical

I'm going to tag the fleet to go next, but my laptop battery is almost gone so I'll post now and fill in the fleet's go later.

Doom: 4d8 + 1d10

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne
PP: 3

Jol'Ynne looks at the invaders incoming, and then shields herself when they open fire, implants firing into action to boost her shapeshifting, and large bone plates form to take the worst of the fire. The speed of the attack doesn't give her much chance to plan, so it's nowhere near as elegant as she would have liked, but it gets the job done.

Defending! Team 1d10, Observe + Adapt d4 +1PP, Shapeshifting 2d8, Enhanced Durability 1d8, Tech Master d10
Defend: 2#1d10 8 7 1#1d4 4 3#1d8 7 1 6
15 with d10 effect, a d8 opportunity.

As the fliers start attacking the structures, she winces. If too many shield generators or air control towers go down, getting out will be that much harder. Still, most of the structures will be expendable...
Analysing the weapons of the invaders and replicating them, Jo sends rapid bursts of energy at fighters that look like they're going for important targets.

Team 1d10, Observe and Adapt 1d8, Shapeshifting 2d8, Mimic 1d8, Tech 1d10
Anti-air defence: 2#1d10 10 8 4#1d8 5 1 2 8
18 with d10 effect, 1d8 opportunity.

And now, to act.

Jol'Ynne keeps up her assault on the fliers, since it seems to be effective. Also, firing upwards means less chance of hitting the masses down below.

Same again, but on the offensive.
Attack fliers: 2#1d10 8 6 4#1d8 4 7 3 4
15, and going to use Jo's Mimicry SFX to step up the effect from 1d10 to 1d12.

As she blasts, Jo glances towards the newcomers, and yells "If you're not with the bugs, start taking evacuees! It's going to be raining more of them soon." Seeing a Kree among them isn't a good sign, and it'll look worse when Jo gets a chance to identify him, but at least he's fighting the right things. And hey, it could be worse. At least there's not a human there, those guys are always trouble...

Tag Ronan.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Mighty THOR: Partygrounds of Godthab Omega
Buddy d6, 3pp, 0 Stress, 15 xp, Condition Normal (Drinking with Stellaris)

Thor slams down the last of his space-brew and bends to re-fill his mug as he regals any and all who would listen with tales of his, and Amadeus', exceptional valor and skill in the day's events. He had tipped one of the pirate's kegs over and was straddling upon it across from Stellaris, who he was currently conversing with.

The Asgardian nodded at the armored Grace's words, mostly following as his divine heritage prevented the most deleterious effects of the grog from ruining his senses, but he was still enjoying himself.

"Aye, the Nova Corps be a just and true force, remanding the golden knave to their custody be a wise choice."

The God of Thunder takes a big gulp of his freshly renewed mug as he straightens, smiling as he does so. "I may have need of thy services further, fair Stellaris - to return the humans to Midgard, they will need an operable vessel, as I yet do not deign to return there myself - have thee or thine Graces such a vessel that might be granted to Ser Cho and Ser Banner?"

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Ronan
Team D6, No Stress, 0 PP, 4 XP

Ronan sets in with grim purpose, moving forward slowly and absorbingblasts with the Ultimate Weapon as best he can, trusting in his armor to take care of the rest. At least his impromptu barriers make the ground forces' pattern of attack slightly more predictable.

OOC: Ugh, this working with others is really crimping Ronan's style. Anyway, defense roll v. ground Arthrosians:
D6 Team + D8 Kree Supremacist + D10 Superhuman Durability + D10 Weapon (Absorption SFX)+ D8 Combat Expert + D10 MIND YOU DON'T STEP ON A DEADLY METAL SPIKE Complication = 14 with D10 effect
1 opportunity for the Watcher, also Ronan's using his SFX to bump up a UNIVERSAL WEAPON power.

The aerial assault would be more of a wild card. He pauses in his advance every now and then, chucking up debris at the fighter squadrons and firing the occasional accompanying blast. His concern is distraction rather than destruction (for the moment).

OOC: And against the aerial doom pool area attack:
D6 Team + D8 Kree Supremacist + D12 Godlike Strength + 2D10 Weapon (Unleashed SFX + D8 Combat Expert = 15 with D12 effect

Finally Ronan reaches the vantage point he was looking for, near the frontline and slightly above. This is a familiar scene to him: hordes of enemies of the Kree state, foolishly thinking numbers and some halfway decent blasters posed a real threat to the most civilized race in the galaxy. "Fools!" he calls out to the foes before him. "You face the pinnacle of Kree technological and tactical might! Surely you have ensured your doom this day, pitiful scum, for you dare stand against Ronan!" The words may seem harsh, but really Ronan is doing them a favor reminding them of clear Kree superiority.

The energy blasts he absorbed still crackled around the head of the Ultimate Weapon. Time to let the captured energy find its way home. He proceeds to blast swathes of the ground forces with the Ultimate Weapon.

OOC: Let's see if Ronan's pride is justified. Burning off the Absorption bump-up.
D6 Team + D8 Kree Supremacist + D12 Ultimate Weapon + D8 Combat Expert + 4D6 (Area Attack SFX) + D10 MIND YOU DON'T STEP ON A DEADLY METAL SPIKE Complication = 16 (after spending the PP from the opportunity a couple rolls before) with D12, D10, and D8 effect dice (also a D6 and D4 if those count)

1 XP for the taunting. New round, yes? Tagging Jol'Ynne!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 2, 2014

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jol'Ynne
PP: 3

Ronan... THAT Ronan? If he saves the day, none of the Skrulls here will ever live it down...

"Skrulls? Are you going to let that stand? Show him why we're the longest-lasting Empire in history!"

Of course, words mean nothing if one can't back them up. Something suitably flashy and destructive... Jol'Ynne wishes she'd got a better scan of Godkiller, but that will have to wait. She pauses her assault and closes her eyes, then opens them and several more, some highly focused, others seeing in infrared. It's not the sort of focus one can maintain for long, at least not without alterning one's brain in ways that just set up more trouble, but as Jol'Ynne examines the invaders her implants begin computing as she analyses flight patterns, turning circles, weak points and weapon ranges.

Team 1d10, Observe and Adapt 1d8, Shapeshifting 1d10, Cyber Senses d10, Tech Master d10
Locking On: 4#1d10 2 1 10 1 1#1d8 7
17 with a d10 effect, which I'll call 'Locked On' if it succeeds, and take 3xp for creating an asset from observations.

Tagging Mysterio.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Buddy d10, 0pp, 17xp

As Skreet's wing reforms, a sudden moment of clarity dawns on the Mouthy Merc. If the daughter of galactus couldn't put this chick down, what the gently caress am I doing trying to cut her with swords!?

And Thus spake Inspiration!
Deadpool starts sprinting after Skreet, she's faster than Deadpool, but he just needs her to hear what he's saying.
"y'know, you're pretty dang tough for a pixie, and you seem to have a knack for organization and rear end-kicking. As a rule, I'm not down with world ending, but you seem to need a partner, How about joining the side of the good guys, and helping us take down this big loving death fleet? Afterwards we'll go get tacos and watch Golden Girls.

Whaddaya say, Tink. Can we be friends?"

Deadpool tries an entirely new tack with the chaos sprite, using Reason and logic. Deadpool tries to appeal to her co-dependency to get her to stay with him, not join the big loving death fleet, and maybe join the side of the heroes; high fiving, and high adventure!

ACTION ROLL:
I am making an emotional attack instead of physical
SFX: Little Yellow Boxes. borrow a D10 affiliate die from the doom pool, step it up +1, use it as an asset on that action, and return the dice to the doom pool.
Spending 1PP to make this reaction into a counter attack
Spending 1PP for extra die after the roll
Spending 1PP to use Skreet's Needs a Partner Distinction against her.
Solo d12, Merc with a mouth d8, Needs a Partner d8, Agility d10, Acrobatic Expert d8

Emotionally manipulating a codependent chaos sprite.: 3#1d8 4 7 1 1d10 3 1d12 6 PLUS Skreet's fragile emotional state. 10
21 (7+4+10) (d12 effect)one opportunity

Tagging: Skreet
Doom:
4d8 + 1d12
RETCONS: Adding in Skreet's d10 emotional stress to my roll, adjusting PP, etc.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Amadeus Cho: Godthab Omega

"Oh thank god. I was afraid I was going to develop some sort of deep-seated and kinky complex about giant women."

Amadeus fell in with the Rigellian like a man treading water reaching out for the first non-shark piece of flotsam he spied, rolling easily into conversation about television, movies, and the latest t-shirt trends of Earth as he was aware of them.

"Well ok so the guys from the freighter it turns out are a bunch of jerks, but then it skips around some and it turns out that some of the dudes got off the island and started calling themselves the Oceanic Six but they are actually living in an alternate timeline because the whole thing is a bifurcated time-loop."

He borrowed a hand laser from one of the completely mystified pirates and began burning an ad-hoc timeline and map of the plot on a nearby rusted bulkhead.

"It actually makes a lot of sense if you draw it out and express it as a function of a time-dependent Schrödinger equation, assuming the island is a metaphor and that Hurley is obviously what you think he is..."

Looking towards the scientist hovering near the edge of the crowd Amadeus motions towards the equation slowly taking shape.

"What do you think Dr. Banner? Any shows you want to catch up on once we get back to Earth and finish telling Tony Stark what a jerk he is?"

If I had the PP I'd do something clever like create a Resource but for now I'll just curse the intricacies of Lost, engage Banner in conversation subtly about going home, and be relieved that there is a foreseeable end to giant women manhandling Amadeus on an hourly basis.

• Locked thread