Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Merchant of Death posted:

When on mission, if you die you lose 2,000$ for hospital fees and if playing deathmatch you drop a small amount of current weapon ammo and only 100$

In free roam, when you die you lose 2,000$ for hospital fees and any money you have over 5,000$. If less then 5,000$ you drop only 100$ and weapon ammo. If the cops kill you and you can get back in time I believe you can pick up the money over 5,000$ if not picked up by another player.

Hospital fees are related to how much money you have, for me it has capped around 2,000$ since I had around 50,000$ in the bank.

If you play a deathmatch die 10x it costs you 20,000$ and you only get around 10,000$ if you win I believe.

Racing/parachute seems to be the safest way to earn money and not die and lose out due to hospital fees.

This sounds like nonsense. I played several death matches last night and didn't lose anywhere near that much money for dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
I'm losing characters every day. I was hoping they'd have the cloud poo poo figured out by now.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Robawesome posted:

This sounds like nonsense. I played several death matches last night and didn't lose anywhere near that much money for dying.

I think it might be closer to $10 for drops in Deathmatch? There definitely is money littered around when you kill dudes, but I'm not sure if it even comes out of the bank account or not.

Tri86
Jan 4, 2010
Total noob to online console gaming.

So while I was creating my character I heard some guy on a mic commenting on the choices I was making. What the hell just happened? Is this a PSN or GTA:O thing? Is there anyway for me to make my dude in peace?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Tri86 posted:

So while I was creating my character I heard some guy on a mic commenting on the choices I was making. What the hell just happened? Is this a PSN or GTA:O thing? Is there anyway for me to make my dude in peace?

You may need to seek psychological counseling.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Was able to jump on with a character I made last night but unable to get into the first race. Got right into the race and on to the next mission. Mid-firefight, everything just disappears and it restarts that second mission. Swapped over to Mike and back, and my character is about to start the second mission. Hopefully it saved, but if not I won't be surprised.

Funny, cut to Mike who is finishing a bike ride with Jimmy. Everything is fine except some vandals must have flipped Mike's car on its roof or something. Pretty funny.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

lady blue shanghai posted:

My game crashed last night but today my initial char was still there. After restarting just now, both my first char and newer one are gone.
I don't know officially but I would imagine they are still there. This probably should be confirmed and made the thread title.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

zenintrude posted:

Yeah uh...when you turn off your PS3 do you still hear voices, like people commenting on your clothes when you get dressed in the morning?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Aishan posted:

I think it might be closer to $10 for drops in Deathmatch? There definitely is money littered around when you kill dudes, but I'm not sure if it even comes out of the bank account or not.

I meant the $1000/death. I've been floating around $30,000 for a while now and after participating in deathmatches where I dead 6-7 times I didn't lose more than $2000.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got in and finished the tutorial missions finally and was just standing around where they spawn you afterwords. Somebody else spawned (I think) and tried to beat me up. Ran into my car and they other guy chased me and ended up climbing into my car too. Think he was confused since he just stayed in there, so I got up to top speed and drove into a wall right after I bailed.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Merchant of Death posted:

When on mission, if you die you lose 2,000$ for hospital fees and if playing deathmatch you drop a small amount of current weapon ammo and only 100$

In free roam, when you die you lose 2,000$ for hospital fees and any money you have over 5,000$. If less then 5,000$ you drop only 100$ and weapon ammo. If the cops kill you and you can get back in time I believe you can pick up the money over 5,000$ if not picked up by another player.

Hospital fees are related to how much money you have, for me it has capped around 2,000$ since I had around 50,000$ in the bank.

If you play a deathmatch die 10x it costs you 20,000$ and you only get around 10,000$ if you win I believe.

Racing/parachute seems to be the safest way to earn money and not die and lose out due to hospital fees.

This explains a lot. Also explains the real money transactions a bit more- I was wondering how they were going to create the demand for money aside from car and property purchases.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

der juicen posted:

Oh man, this game owns. We had a group of goons doing the mission where you steal a tanker. We had to shoot some tires and then a splattered his head and grabbed it for delivery, but we had cops. Que the Benny Hill music as I am driving up a steep hill trying to avoid cops, which I ultimately ended up doing. However, the tanker became unhitched and my truck slide off. With only rims on one side, I couldn't drive back up. Goon friends came by to help, by ramming the tanker off the cliff and I was able to hitch it and take it in.

Teamwork!

And then we re-enacted the scene from Terminator 2, didn't we? Where you chased me down the spillway in a big rig?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
It's way too loving easy to die in this for having to lose money every time. I haven't successfully passed a single mission with people because of the enemy's laser targeting and impenetrable armor.

Tri86
Jan 4, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Oh that's cool.

When you see someone who's new at something you immediately act like a dick. Great guy here.

Tri86
Jan 4, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah uh...when you turn off your PS3 do you still hear voices, like people commenting on your clothes when you get dressed in the morning?

Oh poo poo samurai sanders is at it too. Better watch myself.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tri86 posted:

Oh that's cool.

When you see someone who's new at something you immediately act like a dick. Great guy here.
No, seriously, we are really REALLY confused as to why you are experiencing that, it sounds completely outside of the realm of possibility for the game.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Tri86 posted:

Oh that's cool.

There's no voice chat in the character creation menu. That's why they are poo poo posting.

Tri86
Jan 4, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

No, seriously, we are really REALLY confused as to why you are experiencing that, it sounds completely outside of the realm of possibility for the game.

Well you could just not respond if you don't know what the issue is. That's usually what normal people do.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Tri86 posted:

Oh that's cool.

you are hearing voices that aren't there.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Tri86 posted:

Well you could just not respond if you don't know what the issue is. That's usually what normal people do.

Maybe you should go buy a loving sense of humor if you're going to post here.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My post was at least a third serious, that is some weird poo poo you are experiencing.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Tri86 posted:

Let's not go talking about who is and isn't normal now Mr. I Hear Voices Criticisng Me

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

Maybe you should go buy a loving sense of humor if you're going to post here.
How many GTAbux does that cost? I spent the last of my current cash on turning a slightly faster SUV into my personal car.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Slim Killington posted:

It's way too loving easy to die in this for having to lose money every time. I haven't successfully passed a single mission with people because of the enemy's laser targeting and impenetrable armor.

You really have to take cover and be methodical. It's not at all freewheeling and "gently caress it" run around and go nuts - especially with pistols. You can use soft cover and mobility a lot more once you get SMGs or better - and not really the Micro-SMG either. But being out in the open or even being in bad cover will result in you getting wrecked.

I'm not saying it's a good design decision that the AI are all a bunch of CS deagle snipers, but it's something you can work around. For one thing, you're just as accurate with the drat things.

SuperLobster
Oct 10, 2003

An average crustacean one day blessed with incredible powers!

Tri86 posted:

You've been here since 2010, and those responses surprise you? Chill out.

I've had a string of good luck on PS3 late last night and this morning. Character is still around with nice bank balance and bought garage with a nice muscle car and dirt bike. Haven't been pushing luck. Playing for about an hour an then taking a break. Figure that's the best way to keep progress saved and safe until this all gets completely worked out.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Also on an unrelated note: Are there gloves in this game? I didn't see those at the accessory table when I was buying, but I was in a hurry. I'm looking for black leather ones in particular if possible.

e: and is there a way to get discounts in MP like in SP? If you pass all the firing range challenges in single player you get 10% off at Ammunation. Is there something similar in multiplayer?

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 3, 2013

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Tri86 posted:

Even if there was some weird rear end party-chat system glitch where someone could talk to you in the character creator, they would not be able to see what you are doing on-screen at the same time (and I don't think there's any indication in your online status that you're in the creator for them to just start guessing and making random comments as accurately as you described).

So either you forgot to turn off your internet gaming stream and someone was trolling you while watching it, or your brain ain't right :colbert:

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Tri86 posted:

They're making jokes, dude. Lighten the gently caress up!

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
Do we know if it is possible to join/create a session without assisted aiming yet? Sucks being sniped at 50+ miles an hour by some guy on the roof of a building you are passing. If he was doing it free hand I wouldn't be mad, I would be impressed!

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Other info.

For car mods, you need to win a certain number of races in that car class to get access to them. If you want chrome paint, you need 25 race wins(with other people) to be able to unlock it.

Weapon colours are the same, I believe its 400 player kills per weapon to unlock some of the colours.

Survival is fun as hell, if you make it past round 10 you get 20,000$ and some tattoo/clothing unlocks. Easiest map to do this is the sandy one near Trevor's trailer. There is a red building with 2 alcoves, one has a dumpster and if you hide behind it you can take out almost all enemies before they get to you. It will take about half a hour or more to get past the 10th wave.

You can't bring super cars to the pay/spray because they are too hot, you can only steal them and cops will run you down if they see you in a stolen car so if you want a super car you have to pay for it.

If you blow up another players insured car with a weapon or your vehicle you will be charged money so don't be a dick and blow up other peoples cars if you don't want to lose money. Players can outfit their cars with a ignition bomb if they leave the car unlocked.

If you want a fighter jet, go steal a helicopter from the airport or trevors airfield and fly super low into the military base near the open hanger and you should be able to get in the plane just before you get your 4 star wanted level. You autolock on with missiles on anyone else's vehicle in the session.

Race's payout are dependent on people in the lobbby, with supercars you can do arm's race fairly quickly if you set it to one lap and it is just an oval.

After you like a mission you can hit the RT to vote to restart it before going to the voting screen. Helpful if you get meth'ed up or the vent mission if you are trying to build up cash.

Psion posted:

Also on an unrelated note: Are there gloves in this game? I didn't see those at the accessory table when I was buying, but I was in a hurry. I'm looking for black leather ones in particular if possible.

Gloves are likely attached to clothing as in single player, I haven't seen individual gloves.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
Is the 'Join Crew' option working for you guys? It keeps telling me that it failed to find compatible sessions with crew members in. Someone said the cloud was down earlier, so that might be it, just wondering if anyone else has had any luck.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
One of the locations for a car Simeon asks you for (I think it was the Vapid Dominator) is surprisingly, Michael's house!

I'm a bit peeved at the moment, because goddamnit the cloud ate my character. He was rank 10! I got past the race! I want to get off Lamar's Wild Race.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

Beach posted:

Do we know if it is possible to join/create a session without assisted aiming yet? Sucks being sniped at 50+ miles an hour by some guy on the roof of a building you are passing. If he was doing it free hand I wouldn't be mad, I would be impressed!

AFAIK auto aim doesn't lock on to people driving in cars so that guy probably was doing it free hand

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

Tri86 posted:

I still want to hear what the guy was saying.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Anybody on PS3 wanna grind Meth'd Up for a couple hours? Hit me up, http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/saslime PSN thorholiday

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Beach posted:

Go into single player, and select the aiming option to whatever you want, free aim or something, and then when you join MP you'll be put into a free aim session.

I think that's how it works. I'd read the manual, but yay no documentation.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

I would kill for an official response from Rockstar concerning character deletion. gently caress, even mention of it in the OP would make me feel better. It seems like an issue lots and lots of players are experiencing.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.

stuart scott irl posted:

AFAIK auto aim doesn't lock on to people driving in cars so that guy probably was doing it free hand

:stare: Well then.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Other than apparently being in cars, is there anything you can do to undermine auto-aiming when it's being used against you? Any way you can duck and weave that it just can't deal with?

If it was up to me, GTAO just plain wouldn't allow it, but that's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

the boston bomber posted:

I would kill for an official response from Rockstar concerning character deletion. gently caress, even mention of it in the OP would make me feel better. It seems like an issue lots and lots of players are experiencing.
Same here. I'd be far more willing to try playing if I wasn't fairly confident none of my progress will be saved.

stuart scott irl posted:

It certainly does. Right at their model too.

• Locked thread