Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't really even care if they make a single player for the other cities. If they do, just sell it separately then make a 20 dollar addon for GTAO. Though, they will have to up the number of players in one game a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Cojawfee posted:

I don't really even care if they make a single player for the other cities. If they do, just sell it separately then make a 20 dollar addon for GTAO. Though, they will have to up the number of players in one game a bit.

There's a lot that could be added in, especially with San Fierro, like the old gang reputation system, that I think would work well with GTA:O. Of course, you would have to take care not to reintroduce 'no go' zones, like in GTA3 where you drive down the wrong street too late in the game and randomly explode.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Anyone about tomorrow UK time to trade race wins?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Good running with fresh420prince last night, many pubbies fell before us. Sorry I thought you were a pubbie because of your name.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Scorched Spitz posted:

The Leviathan could also land on the water, though I never tried it.

It can, but if you ever exit the Leviathan in water you can't get back in. You also can't get in the floatplane as a passenger either.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Just played a foursome of golf, and the winner was... someone who wasn't even in the party (or watching). WTH?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

YF19pilot posted:

Just played a foursome of golf, and the winner was... someone who wasn't even in the party (or watching). WTH?

I had a 4-person air race a couple days ago where I was visually the winner, but then it printed "4th" on the screen. I was in the first place position on the results list, but I got the least amount of money (what the 4th place person would have gotten). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

YF19pilot posted:

If they could make San Fierro and Las Venturas both at least as equally big as San Andreas is now, that would be pretty freaking sweet. See, Rockstar, this is how you make money. DLC packs that can be games in of themselves. You could sell each city for $20 and people would buy that poo poo up. It'll put the stupid shark cards to shame. Hell, pull a Far Cry: Blood Dragon and release a game based around GTA 2, or bring back London 1969.

This is not a good way to make money because creating an entirely new open world area is a huge ordeal that costs them tons of money. They'd do better to reuse the setting they already have. It's certainly large and varied enough to accommodate all kinds of different stories.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I posted this in the PS4 thread earlier, because this is coming to PS4, and I figured it would be a good thing to ask/air out...

I think it may actually make more sense to ask here:

I played GTA5/Online for a good month or two. I had a great time online. For totally unrelated reasons, I moved on (oh wait... PS4!) right around the time they started nerfing payouts .

Is there someone who can say (or some kind of list I can be pointed to) that shows the general "state of the union" of GTA Online? (With regards to changes they have made (for the better and the worse?) like do you still get put in dunce-land hell for blowing up other player vehicles?! As much fun as I had, I swear to god they made some idiot decisions and I hope to god they've righted some of that
Or paying medical if the other person is broke, etc...

For a while it seemed like every modification they made (That I heard about, after I didn't play anymore) just made it less and less fun. Did it just wither and die? Did they manage to get their heads on straight and make improvements? What is online like now?

Thanks! :)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

10.7k for a simeon mission? what?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hiddenriverninja posted:

yeah, it's nuts. The mission payouts combined with On Call job joining meaning you actually end up in full lobbies means I can join any job in the game and probably bring in 10k+ with the 4-person payout multiplier. Or if you have a mission go sideways and it takes forever, you still get something extra for the time you spend.

problem is, there isn't really a job which brings in more than 15-17 ever but it's WORLDS friendlier to low-level players and/or anyone sick of Rooftop Rumble, which is all of us at this point.

I noticed the independence day update added 3 new missions, too. I think I played one of those today - On The List? From Martin - it's basically Judging The Jury v2.0, but it was an excuse to break out the Buzzard and cause trouble, so, I liked it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
There is no incentive to keep me playing GTA:O but I keep at it, usually requiring to use my roommie's console. I don't even particularly accomplish anything since I got to level 120, I don't need money since I abused the selegy glitch, but the mmo-like seasonal updates and the occasional new gun keeps making me come back. A fun game for my play style, but nothing to grind endlessly if you can avoid it.

There is 1.17 version right now, with the most recent update being earlier this last month, with one rumored to come out around November of this year.

I would consider the community very much alive, but I expect a huge swelling once the ps4 version comes out, given the profile transfer from ps3/360->xbone/ps4/pc

The payouts and the experience has been getting worse, though overall they raised a both of them on a lot of the missions, so low levels might be more fun. But it was a certain kind of game, that really required the attention to get in on specific glitches to expedite the process, through rp or GTA$ gains, special event weekends, or getting limited time only guns.

I still love the game, I will likely triple dip for the pc version later, after seeing what the mod community really does.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

YF19pilot posted:

I finished first place in a parachute jump yesterday and got a D.N.F even though I stopped in the middle of the target.

Psion posted:

yeah, it's nuts. The mission payouts combined with On Call job joining meaning you actually end up in full lobbies means I can join any job in the game and probably bring in 10k+ with the 4-person payout multiplier. Or if you have a mission go sideways and it takes forever, you still get something extra for the time you spend.

problem is, there isn't really a job which brings in more than 15-17 ever but it's WORLDS friendlier to low-level players and/or anyone sick of Rooftop Rumble, which is all of us at this point.

We kept getting Titan of a Job over and over again yesterday and that was bringing in 15.5K minimum every time, I also did Docks to Stocks and got 26K. Rooftop Rumble only ever brings in about 10K now.

I like the new mission payouts even if they are all based on the time it takes you to complete them.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I was given 16K for completing Rich Men in Richmond of all things.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

given how entirely messed up boat physics are in GTA:O (they're way, way too bouncy) I think a seaplane/sea helicopter would be a total disaster but on the other hand, hell yes I want a helicopter I can land in the water and on a helipad.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Vice City and San Andreas had the Sea Sparrow and the Skimmer, It would've been great to see them make a return. Most of the planes and helicopters in SA were great.

You're both wrong - they need to put this thing in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beriev_Be-103

Floatplanes are for suckers. Tiny Seaplanes are where it's at!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

YF19pilot posted:

If they could make San Fierro and Las Venturas both at least as equally big as San Andreas is now, that would be pretty freaking sweet. See, Rockstar, this is how you make money. DLC packs that can be games in of themselves. You could sell each city for $20 and people would buy that poo poo up. It'll put the stupid shark cards to shame. Hell, pull a Far Cry: Blood Dragon and release a game based around GTA 2, or bring back London 1969.
Franklin states in the main story that the portion of San Andreas we see is half of the state. So, San Fierro would probably be the same size as Los Santos with the same amount of country to the south if they ever get to it.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Feenix posted:

I posted this in the PS4 thread earlier, because this is coming to PS4, and I figured it would be a good thing to ask/air out...

I think it may actually make more sense to ask here:

I played GTA5/Online for a good month or two. I had a great time online. For totally unrelated reasons, I moved on (oh wait... PS4!) right around the time they started nerfing payouts .

Is there someone who can say (or some kind of list I can be pointed to) that shows the general "state of the union" of GTA Online? (With regards to changes they have made (for the better and the worse?) like do you still get put in dunce-land hell for blowing up other player vehicles?! As much fun as I had, I swear to god they made some idiot decisions and I hope to god they've righted some of that
Or paying medical if the other person is broke, etc...

For a while it seemed like every modification they made (That I heard about, after I didn't play anymore) just made it less and less fun. Did it just wither and die? Did they manage to get their heads on straight and make improvements? What is online like now?

Thanks! :)

Mission payouts overall are more fair, which makes a much broader variety of missions worthwhile. Like others were saying, harder missions like Los Santos Connection and Stocks and Scares can pay out $20 - 30k.

Racing payouts for races of a decent length seem to earn you just under $1k / minute and 2-3k RP if you're running solo, while 1st place for a big race with lots of players can earn you $15 - 20k.

It's really hard to be put in bad sport hell these days, and a lot of people have been saying that blowing up vehicles will ding their mental state but not trigger a bad sport warning. I think you still have to pay insurance for player vehicles that you blow up, though.

A lot of the changes have been quality of life improvements. Voting screens now show who is voting for which option. Armor is a consumable, you can carry 10 in your inventory and use them whenever you need to. You can have 2 apartments with separate garages.

Matchmaking and stability are still pretty lovely, but how often you get split from your group depends a lot on your internet and equipment.

In my opinion, the game all-in-all is better than it was during the time frame that you're talking about. However, most of the new content is vehicles and lackluster missions, and free-roam is still a useless clusterfuck. Most of the time you'll get a free-roam with at least one person doing some kind of invincibility glitch, hiding underneath the map to kill you, forcing others out of passive mode, or dropping meteors and Ferris wheels all over the place.

titties fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 2, 2014

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Hey all, I had to leave LLJK as I was stuck at 1 for my crew rank, I've sent a new request.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

Hey all, I had to leave LLJK as I was stuck at 1 for my crew rank, I've sent a new request.

Accepted. This time you should hopefully be able to achieve a rank beyond Stupid Newbie; I'm 1 level off of GBS Superstar myself. If you still want race wins I'll be around in about an hour give or take 15 minutes and I'll let you get as many as you need.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Accepted. This time you should hopefully be able to achieve a rank beyond Stupid Newbie; I'm 1 level off of GBS Superstar myself. If you still want race wins I'll be around in about an hour give or take 15 minutes and I'll let you get as many as you need.

Cool man, sounds good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I finally got that stupid iFruit app to work and can now grace Los Santos with the beauty of H2OUUP2.

(go to settings, los santos customs, reset tutorial, fix plates, order as normal)

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

titties posted:

Armor is a consumable, you can carry 10 in your inventory and use them whenever you need to.

I did not know this. Thanks.

I finally got a hold on some Molotov Cocktails via special crate but the game locked up before I got the chance to use it :smith:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Psion posted:

I noticed the independence day update added 3 new missions, too. I think I played one of those today - On The List? From Martin - it's basically Judging The Jury v2.0, but it was an excuse to break out the Buzzard and cause trouble, so, I liked it.

Yeah it's great. After about 3 days of playing for a few hours a day, I went from down to $60k in the bank all the way back to $520k

Vokehead
Feb 13, 2013

EL Bombastico posted:

I finally got a hold on some Molotov Cocktails via special crate but the game locked up before I got the chance to use it :smith:

You can just order a Merryweather ammo drop and get some. I don't think they stick around for more than a session though.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

titties posted:

It's really hard to be put in bad sport hell these days, and a lot of people have been saying that blowing up vehicles will ding their mental state but not trigger a bad sport warning. I think you still have to pay insurance for player vehicles that you blow up, though.

A lot of the changes have been quality of life improvements. Voting screens now show who is voting for which option. Armor is a consumable, you can carry 10 in your inventory and use them whenever you need to.

These are my favourite changes. Something controls how much armor you can carry though. My alt can only hold 3 while my regular can hold 10. Not sure if its level or strength though.

I could be wrong too, my alt is a bit off since I was taken down to level 5 from 100~. I could buy the best armor, sticky bombs and a few other things at level 5. I forget when they actually unlock.

A c E fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 3, 2014

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
event on a weekday? with no announcement?

e: nvm, it's the pilot training event still

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 3, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yeah it's great. After about 3 days of playing for a few hours a day, I went from down to $60k in the bank all the way back to $520k

I might even buy that new plane that I'll probably never use. Or the new helicopter that is in no way useful since I have a Buzzard, the best vehicle this entire game has to offer. Or complete my collection of a sports car garage despite only driving the Massacro (best car) and Sultan (other best car).

I jacked somebody's Coquette during On The List last night and thought "man, I remember launch - a year ago - when I really wanted one of these. And a Feltzer."

I might get an Exemplar just to have a solid 4-person, though my Buffalo S really fits that bill.

rampant consumerism :getin:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

GOD IS BED posted:

I think the current one lasts until the 7th of September. I think I read it on an in game advertisement thing, but it might have been on the newswire.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

GOD IS BED posted:

e: nvm, it's the pilot training event still

No, it's a new event with new missions and a few new other missions added, you can find the list on the newswire.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

Or the new helicopter that is in no way useful since I have a Buzzard, the best vehicle this entire game has to offer.

FYI The Swift actually does have faster straight-line speed than the Buzzard if it matters. :shrug:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

FYI The Swift actually does have faster straight-line speed than the Buzzard if it matters. :shrug:

put a chingun on it and we can talk :v:

also, first LLJK spotting. Who's Trebag? You're in my game!

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Dumb question: can you still teleport using jobs/playlist after update 1.9?

e: \/\/\/ I can't seem to get it to stick - back out after confirming mission and it spawns me in my old position.

Mechanical Pencil fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 3, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Yes because that's a feature, not a bug.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Psion posted:

put a chingun on it and we can talk :v:

also, first LLJK spotting. Who's Trebag? You're in my game!

The Swift is a missed opportunity to bring Airwolf into the game.

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
gently caress me, I really wish I had a capture card or something for those insane, once-in-two-month shots. Yesterday this group of 4 crew members were terrorizing the server I was in, and doing a pretty good job of trolling the hell out of these little kids. I was just there to kill people and continue the everlasting grind toward 300 assault rifle kills, so I killed them a few times, they killed me, and then after a while two of them went off and got a Buzzard and started raining missiles around me. I took the highway north using the overpasses as cover, but when I stopped to try and chaingun them, they managed to get me. When I respawned I saw them zooming back off to the city, pulled out the heavy sniper, and took a quick shot leading the target a little, hoping to cripple them; I nailed the pilot and the chopper went spiraling down into a building before his copilot could hop out. Teach you to shoot rockets!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samsquamsch posted:

gently caress me, I really wish I had a capture card or something for those insane, once-in-two-month shots.

#can'twaitforPS4

:)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Feenix posted:

#can'twaitforPS4

:)

I still can't decide on what console to get for NextGenTM. Only exclusives that I really know about that interest me at the moment are Forza (Xbone) or Ace Combat, which their latest entry is on the PS3 at the moment. Doesn't really matter, I suppose, I won't be buying either until a few months after I move, if I can even afford it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

titties posted:

Armor is a consumable, you can carry 10 in your inventory and use them whenever you need to. You can have 2 apartments with separate garages.

Say what :psyduck:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

yeah I just found this out last night, it's loving nuts. I carried 10 superheavies into a game of Chemical Extraction and used a shitload of them when it was down to just me to finish the mission. You're a LOT more survivable if you're willing to drop $5k in armor every now and then.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Was that added in a patch? I haven't played online in ages, so lol if that was an option the entire time :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Added recently, I think.

• Locked thread