Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Haha what the hell game. So I'm running Blow Up II with a pubbie. Im driving the Banshee and we need to lose the cops. Psychic cops that know your every move before you make it. What ensues is a 6 day chase around Los Santos culminating in us getting trapped in some trees. We get blown up, yet pass the mission. huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hiddenriverninja posted:

Haha what the hell game. So I'm running Blow Up II with a pubbie. Im driving the Banshee and we need to lose the cops. Psychic cops that know your every move before you make it. What ensues is a 6 day chase around Los Santos culminating in us getting trapped in some trees. We get blown up, yet pass the mission. huh.

Awesome. Beats finishing a mission correctly, but the game still fails you! Trash Talk does this sometimes if you kill the crew leader w/ a buzzard.

"Mission failed: you killed the crew leader"... yet that was the frickin' objective

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006
Any new car recommendations? I'm lvl 58, got about 650k. I bought a Coquette a while ago, since it was relatively cheap for being pretty quick. But I'm looking to get into a super now. Should I just save a little more and go for a Zentorno, or are there other things worth considering? Entity, Turismo, etc?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

blackmage posted:

Any new car recommendations? I'm lvl 58, got about 650k. I bought a Coquette a while ago, since it was relatively cheap for being pretty quick. But I'm looking to get into a super now. Should I just save a little more and go for a Zentorno, or are there other things worth considering? Entity, Turismo, etc?

Zentorno is my pick for best all around super, go for that

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

I can't believe we passed that mission, BitBasher. That cargobob wasn't looking too good!

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Hugh Malone posted:

Zentorno is my pick for best all around super, go for that

This is correct. If it's gonna be your only super car get a Zentorno. That said the Entity is highly comparable if you prefer how it looks over the Zentorno and the Adder is superior in races with long straights because of its higher top speed. The Adder lacks slightly in acceleration to the Zentorno and Entity, though.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
The Zentorno also has great armor as firearm attackers from the rear are much less likely to hit you.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Zentorno is very good for casual free roam gameplay as well, considering the lack of a back window means that pedestrian enemies cannot shoot you from the back. The downside to this is that Zentorno sort of became the new rear end in a top hat super car so people will probably be more quick to jump at you if you drive by them in one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Google Cache on Rockstar's website outs more potential GTA 5 next gen updates.

quote:

• Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.
  • All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.
  • Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making.
  • A brand new first person mode for vehicles that shows the interior of the vehicle, including working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more
  • A brand new first person mode while on foot
  • A wealth of new easter eggs and random events for Story Mode
  • New animals roaming Los Santos
  • Animals in GTA Online?
  • Players that transfer characters from Xbox 360 or PS3 will receive free new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
  • Newly overhauled character selection screen

I love the sound of having an honest to God cockpit mode for driving, and that improved draw distance is gonna be so sweet for sniping.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

If the cockpit mode includes bikes and there's some effort to keep the camera level while turning that could be amazing.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
In a Lazzzzuuuure jet in a 1-on-1 dogfight with another dude in a lazer. Have the upper hand on him constantly and he just can not shake me off his tail.

Fire the guns... nope no hits.

Keep firing: nooope.

Get in ---SUPER--- loving close, the bullets hit him and you can see plenty of explosions coming off the rear end of him... Yeah, the explosive bullets hurt my jet, crippling it, and he flies away with no damage - finally able to get behind me and put one missile into me cause I can't turn for poo poo in a broken plane. Sit there mouth agape. Xbox button -> Y - turn off the ol' machine and call it a day.

Somehow I essentially shot myself down by being to close to my own exploding bullets that were only exploding because they were hitting his plane. What in the mother of gently caress, R*.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He was probably hacking. You probably missed him calling you a "gay bitch" because he was able to kill you with his hacks.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I can't believe we passed that mission, BitBasher. That cargobob wasn't looking too good!

I thought it was a loving miracle it survived. The engine died once or twice on the way to the warehouse and I thought I was going to plow a building.

For that matter I don't really understand the "right" way to do that job since you get 4 stars and the police choppers badly outrun the cargobob.

Nice picture!

crazysim posted:

The Zentorno also has great armor as firearm attackers from the rear are much less likely to hit you.

Policenaut posted:

The Zentorno is very good for casual free roam gameplay as well, considering the lack of a back window means that pedestrian enemies cannot shoot you from the back. The downside to this is that Zentorno sort of became the new rear end in a top hat super car so people will probably be more quick to jump at you if you drive by them in one.

Just be aware that backing into people is a horrible idea now since there is no penalty for blowing up a car as long as the owner is in it. Backing in is an excellent way to eat a rocket/grenade and die.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Policenaut posted:

speedometer

I am way too excited about that

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

I'm excited about using a proper mouse & keyboard for character control. Words cannot express how much I hate HATE HATE using those tiny little PS3 control sticks to aim after playing with a mouse & keyboard for almost 20 years.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Hugh Malone posted:

I am way too excited about that

You and me both buddy! I really hope you can somehow use the speedometer as part of the HUD and not just in first person view.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

haha no heists at launch

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Cojawfee posted:

He was probably hacking. You probably missed him calling you a "gay bitch" because he was able to kill you with his hacks.

I'm more inclined to believe it was comcast/lag, actually.

Either way: I died; he cheated.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

BitBasher posted:

I thought it was a loving miracle it survived. The engine died once or twice on the way to the warehouse and I thought I was going to plow a building.

For that matter I don't really understand the "right" way to do that job since you get 4 stars and the police choppers badly outrun the cargobob.

Nice picture!

Are you talking about the one where you go to the base and steal the chopper? Me and Hugh Malone found that the best way to do it is have one person steal the cargobob and fly out in a straight line an have another person steal the buzzard and distract the cops until the cargobob person loses the police then have the buzzard dude escape the cops.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

haha no heists at launch
Not the first time! We should be used to it by now! :downsrim:

The Fresh Prince posted:

Are you talking about the one where you go to the base and steal the chopper? Me and Hugh Malone found that the best way to do it is have one person steal the cargobob and fly out in a straight line an have another person steal the buzzard and distract the cops until the cargobob person loses the police then have the buzzard dude escape the cops.

Yeah, Dock to Stocks. I have never had that mission go smoothly.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Best guide to stunt jumps that doesn't have a million pop-up ads? Trying to unlock lime green and have about 10 to go.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Best guide to stunt jumps that doesn't have a million pop-up ads? Trying to unlock lime green and have about 10 to go.

Any guide you want along with AdBlock Plus?

I think I used a combo of this: http://www.ign.com/maps/gta-5/los-santos-blaine-county?filter=stunt-jumps and this: http://www.gamesradar.com/gta-5-stunt-jump-locations/

I don't like video guides for things like collectibles and stunt jumps so I went for map and screenshot.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Psion posted:

Any guide you want along with AdBlock Plus?

I think I used a combo of this: http://www.ign.com/maps/gta-5/los-santos-blaine-county?filter=stunt-jumps and this: http://www.gamesradar.com/gta-5-stunt-jump-locations/

I don't like video guides for things like collectibles and stunt jumps so I went for map and screenshot.

Cheers for this. I'll give both of 'em a spin tonight.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Hey, here's a thought: We don't have to pay insurance when destroying a car as long as the owner is in it. What happens if we swap cars? If I drive on of you guys' expensive cars and a pubbie blows it up, does he pay then and get bad sport points since the owner isn't in it? We need answers.

Vokehead
Feb 13, 2013

BitBasher posted:

Hey, here's a thought: We don't have to pay insurance when destroying a car as long as the owner is in it. What happens if we swap cars? If I drive on of you guys' expensive cars and a pubbie blows it up, does he pay then and get bad sport points since the owner isn't in it? We need answers.

Insurance is split between the two from what I've experienced.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/ppg_industries

i made this crew to make custom colors. crew color is currently #00FF00, it is way more lime than the game's lime green. can do other colors if anyone wants. no invite necessary.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Just to let you all know American Exports give out a consistent 26,000$ and 4,000 RP

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Any of you guys using third party controllers? My PS3 controller is broken again - the buttons are performing different commands than they should. For instance, when I go to shoot it puts me in cover and when I honk my horn I eject from my vehicle. The sensor on the inside must be compressed - it appears to be a fairly common issue from what Google tells me.

I don't want to buy a $50 PS3 controller for a few months of use.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kelly posted:

I don't want to buy a $50 PS3 controller for a few months of use.
PS4 controllers are backwards compatible.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

I do happen to have two PS4 controllers - this is great news. It'll get me through the next couple months. Thanks!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Last time I tried this it didn't work, I think it's only compatible with some games, unless they've changed it recently

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The DS4 doesn't work with GTA5.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Policenaut posted:

The DS4 doesn't work with GTA5.

Is there any kind of adapter to make older controllers forward-compatible because the best 3rd-party controller was the wireless Logitech one for PS2

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I have started playing again after a long hiatus. Is there a new crew that Xbox 360 goons are all in? I am still in WEZL.

Also, are missions still the best way to make money?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Everybody is moving over to lljk, it’s for both xbox and ps3. Someone will probably send you an invite.

I’ve been away for a while too and recently came back. They kinda nerfed the payouts on the missions that everyone grinded endlessly (RR and Coveted) but they bumped up everything else. Its much better now, so you can make decent money by just playing whatever mission pops up. Even Simion and Gerald missions pay pretty well now, it’s great. :)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I kind of drifted away when the last DLC update was so lovely.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I have started playing again after a long hiatus. Is there a new crew that Xbox 360 goons are all in? I am still in WEZL.

Also, are missions still the best way to make money?

If you've not already been invited to LLJK you can find the new crew thread here.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If you've not already been invited to LLJK you can find the new crew thread here.

I'll have to get in on this when I'm back home. Two weeks tops!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

How do I delete snapmatic photos? I heard I have a limit and was about to do some photography. I went all through my album and cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

BitBasher posted:

How do I delete snapmatic photos? I heard I have a limit and was about to do some photography. I went all through my album and cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete photos.

You have to wait until all the photos on a page load. After that you can select the photo you want and hit triangke (or xbox equivalent) to delete.

• Locked thread