Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

the truth posted:

http://rsg.ms/59bbcc9 (edit: updated to 16 players. About 2-2.5 minutes long.)

Here is a race I made back when the creator came out. Offroad with motorcycles or bikes in a part of the map that is often ignored. The turns probably suck and it might benefit from being non-contact. I'll see if I can figure out how to make it 16 players.

Thanks

It's in the PL :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

My dinner plans got pushed back to 7 central, so I might catch the tail end of the play list.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

the truth posted:

My dinner plans got pushed back to 7 central, so I might catch the tail end of the play list.

Just sent you a friend request, so I will be able to invite you when you get on

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Whoever was with me on the Del Pero pier survival, that was a hell of a thunderbolt to start out the 10th wave!

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Loading it up now. I will try to join for a few games. Only have 30 - 40 minutes, but I love races.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the game bound to my 360 after it's installed? Mine is ancient and noisy as gently caress with a barely functioning disc drive, but I'm borrowing my friend's while he's abroad for a year. Can I just install the game on that? What about savegames, GTA:O and the second disc I have installed on a USB stick, are those transferable?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

SplitSoul posted:

Is the game bound to my 360 after it's installed? Mine is ancient and noisy as gently caress with a barely functioning disc drive, but I'm borrowing my friend's while he's abroad for a year. Can I just install the game on that? What about savegames, GTA:O and the second disc I have installed on a USB stick, are those transferable?
I think that if you downloaded it from playstation you could probably download it again from the playstation store on the new machine, and yes you should be able to transfer your saved games to a stick

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Who won the races last night?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

BitBasher posted:

There was actually a 3 way tie for first after the playlist, malakai was one of them, i forget who the other two were. it was pretty crazy.

i won 1 race though :toot:

and lost all the others spectacularly it was a lot of fun though! thanks for organizing again malakai :coffeepal:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Hopefully I can make it for more than just the last race next week.

Does anyone have any feedback on my race (http://rsg.ms/59bbcc9)? It was made when the creator was in beta and I'm sure there are ways to improve it now or make better races going forward.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

the truth posted:

Hopefully I can make it for more than just the last race next week.

Does anyone have any feedback on my race (http://rsg.ms/59bbcc9)? It was made when the creator was in beta and I'm sure there are ways to improve it now or make better races going forward.

It is good, and I definitely hadn't been on that back trail more than once/twice before. Easy to follow 'cause of the path it goes along, but challenging 'cause you can't just wail on it full throttle, takes control. Keep making races :)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hugh Malone posted:

I think that if you downloaded it from playstation you could probably download it again from the playstation store on the new machine, and yes you should be able to transfer your saved games to a stick

This is a physical copy, though. But I can log on to my profile on his box and his game installs, savegames, etc., will remain? GTA:V is the only game I own and I don't know poo poo about anything, just wanna play on a box that doesn't sound like a jet engine.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

SplitSoul posted:

This is a physical copy, though. But I can log on to my profile on his box and his game installs, savegames, etc., will remain? GTA:V is the only game I own and I don't know poo poo about anything, just wanna play on a box that doesn't sound like a jet engine.

Yeah if there's room on the hd yer good.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hugh Malone posted:

Yeah if there's room on the hd yer good.

Excellent! Thanks a lot.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

BitBasher posted:

I won the triathlon because I figured you could just jump back onto your bike instead of running the last portion. Overall I think I was third or fourth in point total. Also Truth your motorcycle race is really cool and you should make more. Next time Public Jerks should be non-contact, and we should add Sandking Shoreline to the list because the best part of that race is knowing that after Malakai did the required lap to test before it could be published, he thought "Yeah this is acceptable" and unleashed it onto the world. Every checkpoint feels like he's trolling you.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Danthrax posted:

I won the triathlon because I figured you could just jump back onto your bike instead of running the last portion. Overall I think I was third or fourth in point total. Also Truth your motorcycle race is really cool and you should make more. Next time Public Jerks should be non-contact, and we should add Sandking Shoreline to the list because the best part of that race is knowing that after Malakai did the required lap to test before it could be published, he thought "Yeah this is acceptable" and unleashed it onto the world. Every checkpoint feels like he's trolling you.

I actually like it that way, every checkpoint is a little battle won, and mere completion is a victory in my book :)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Danthrax posted:

We should add Sandking Shoreline to the list because the best part of that race is knowing that after Malakai did the required lap to test before it could be published, he thought "Yeah this is acceptable" and unleashed it onto the world. Every checkpoint feels like he's trolling you.

:lol:

Goon Theft Auto is a good one too...I'm tempted to run that with some pubbies and see how they do. I may actually win a race!

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Hugh Malone posted:

I actually like it that way, every checkpoint is a little battle won, and mere completion is a victory in my book :)

I spent the whole race laughing at its absurdity, so I actually enjoyed it. I liked it more than most jump races, and rough terrain is what the Sandking's all about. Not a race I'd do often, but it's funny. Well done.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

My beautiful new online character and outfit.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 23, 2014

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
San Andreas anniversary weekend this week

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52334/san-andreas-anniversary-weekend-in-gta-online-bonus-rp#.VEkXMxyTUjg.twitter

Need that K-DST shirt.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

If you don't want to do into crates, doing the appearance glitch and switching gender will get you the T-shirts, allegedly. That's how I've had mine for several weeks.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

N is for Nipples posted:

If you don't want to do into crates, doing the appearance glitch and switching gender will get you the T-shirts, allegedly. That's how I've had mine for several weeks.

I prefer the thrill of the chase. :hellyeah:

e: I'll probably be in here on Sunday night going "how do i do the appearance glitch help pls"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I just hope they keep up the last events crate rate.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Updated the customisation spreadsheet again. Let me know if I missed anything beyond Rockstar being all :effort: in the latest update.

http://tinyurl.com/GTA-Online-Car-Mods

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Updated the customisation spreadsheet again. Let me know if I missed anything beyond Rockstar being all :effort: in the latest update.

http://tinyurl.com/GTA-Online-Car-Mods

I don't see the Dubsta 2 listed - it has similar mods to the Dubsta but less of them, and only in black. I can get you a full list soon when I get off work.

E: It has:
Bumpers > Bullbar & Winch, Bullbar with Winch & Lights.
Exhaust > Titanium, Dual Titanium
Fenders > Snorkel Intake
Hood > Offroad Hood, Offroad Hood with Spare
Roof > Roof Rack, Roof Rack with Spotlights

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 25, 2014

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

:siren:"M" Stands For MOTOR:siren:

Sunday Night Race Night Night Afternoon!!!

Early start time this week: Sunday at 2pm Central US Time!

Post to reserve a spot and link a race for the playlist!

After the race playlist this week, I'd like to run the event playlist at least once if everybody is down, we could also start a private sesh and go crate hunting.

Details: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573192&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=712#post436078324

Willing Test Subjects:
1. solarNativity- Ring of Fire http://rsg.ms/bd47956
2. Kelly
3. Mr, quote, "if you're lucky :smuggo:" (via PSN)
4. satchmo420 (via PSN)
5. dyon88 (if we get a working psn id)
6. me

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 26, 2014

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I'm in, gimme Ring of Fire.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

N is for Nipples posted:

I'm in, gimme Ring of Fire.

gotcha buddy, you want that on GTA mode?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Hugh Malone posted:

gotcha buddy, you want that on GTA mode?

Nah.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Hugh Malone posted:

:siren:"M" Stands For MOTOR:siren:

Sunday Night Race Night Night Afternoon!!!

Early start time this week: Sunday at 2pm Central US Time!

Post to reserve a spot and link a race for the playlist!

Details: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573192&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=712#post436078324

Willing Test Subjects:
1. N is for Nipples - Ring of Fire http://rsg.ms/bd47956

I am in as well...for a bit. Probably only an hour or so though.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

I wont be able to make it. The earlier time would be great for me in the future, but not this week unfortunately. I'm going to Disney on Ice. seriously

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

A bunch of mobile GTA titles are on sale at about 40 percent off at their respective stores.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
poo poo. I've already bagged two special crates but still no sign of the throwback shirts. They aren't in my inventory or even available for purchase in stores, and I didn't get any prompt that I had collected a special item when I retrieved those crates.

Has anyone else had problems with special crates? WHAT THE gently caress R*:gonk:

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

coupedeville posted:

poo poo. I've already bagged two special crates but still no sign of the throwback shirts. They aren't in my inventory or even available for purchase in stores, and I didn't get any prompt that I had collected a special item when I retrieved those crates.

Has anyone else had problems with special crates? WHAT THE gently caress R*:gonk:

I got a crate no problem and it claimed I got one of the T-shirts, but I had them all already.

I suppose it's worth mentioning my username is solarNativity, add me and we'll play. Right now. RIGHT NOW.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

poopzilla posted:

I wont be able to make it. The earlier time would be great for me in the future, but not this week unfortunately. I'm going to Disney on Ice. seriously

I would totally go to Disney on Ice and get all baked 1st, it would probably be pretty rad. Welp, I'll be playing all evening anyway, if you want to do some of the event playlists and stuff or go crate hunting later.

Kelly posted:

I am in as well...for a bit. Probably only an hour or so though.

Okey doke :)

N is for Nipples posted:

I suppose it's worth mentioning my username is solarNativity, add me and we'll play. Right now. RIGHT NOW.

Came to ask you this, going to add you now, malakai713

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

coupedeville posted:

I got a shirt from a special crate.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

How many people have to be in a private session for crates to drop?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

How many people have to be in a private session for crates to drop?

I've heard 4.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I'm currently in a 2 player invite only lobby and we got a crate drop within the first hour.

edit: The crate drops seem to be pretty consistent in the two player lobby. A new one drops about every hour or so.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
In light of the aforementioned developments, anybody not doing races tomorrow wanna have a private session with me? :wiggle: PSN is mustardeleven

• Locked thread