Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

At least you put some effort into your OP, please close the other one.

My new headset is sitting at my house so looking forward to some 1009 heists tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

lady blue shanghai posted:

My game crashed last night but today my initial char was still there. After restarting just now, both my first char and newer one are gone.
I don't know officially but I would imagine they are still there. This probably should be confirmed and made the thread title.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

tehsid posted:

Reserved for stuff.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

Add to op when you wake up.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Looking for Ps3 coop fun...add kri-kri79 I got my head set working.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

Kinda silly that in passive mode, players can't hurt me but if im in a car, they can? Wtf.

Did you email or put a ticket in about this? It doesn't help posting here I am pretty sure rockstar isn't reading this thread.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Character now missing both ingame and on the social club website. :yaycloud:

Submitted ticket. Glad they are "working around the clock" on this

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

epicormic posted:

Dammit, I woke up just in time for my character to be gone. Where exactly are they listed on your Social Club profile?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/overview/gtaonline

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Rockstar "solved" my ticket regarding my character disappearing by linking to the support site. Fantastic support Rockstar.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Not mine, if only Rockstar would officially tell us what the gently caress is happening

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Who are these people that are causing mass hysteria? Most people in this thread have been fine.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

nudejedi posted:

Anyone else keep getting "kicked by other players" for no apparent reason while free roaming? This is getting more annoying than timing out at this point.

I am pretty sure this is just a generic disconnect issue.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jon93 posted:

Rockstar has said that the game taking money from your bank when you die is a bug, you're only supposed to lose the money you have on hand.

:negative:

They apparently haven't fixed it yet.

Only on missions. In free roam you still lose money, which is intended.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

If you "lose your character" just load up from story mode until it comes back. Making a new one will potentially wipe your data for good.

This may be the case now but it didn't help me, my character was "lost" last Saturday. Trying to load from story shows 2 empty characters still.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Fitz posted:

Has there been any discussion on headsets? I need a recommendation for one for my PS3, I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something inexpensive that doesn't suck.

I've been having tons of fun with goons and even not with goons surprisingly.

I'll be on a good chunk of this evening if anyone wants to do some fun stuff.

PSN: Quality_Wombat

I use: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-M...e+tooth+headset

Seems to work alright I guess. PS3 voice chat is dogshit anyway so whatever.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

Is it common to send out invites to a job/race and never have anyone join? I've tried auto-invite, crew invite, session invite, and I just end up sitting there for ten minutes before giving up and trying to solo it or drop back into free roam. I honestly can't tell if I should try waiting longer or if my invites aren't getting sent at all, and there doesn't seem to be any feedback either way.

Free roam is fun but I'm so poor. :(

I think it works better if you add friends and then just invite them. What system are you on?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

coconono posted:

What's the easiest way to mute pubbies when not in party chat? I would play online more if I didn't have to be subjected to screaming children and dudes doing drug deals IRL.

Change your voice chat to friends+crew

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

M2tt posted:

Unless you're going to spend a lot of time staring out the windows or singing in the shower I'd recommend one of the 10 car garages down by the airport, I think they're around 105-120k, the one on the east side has easier access to the runways. I just traded in my baller apartment for that one and the convenience of hopping on a bike to go jack a helicopter is hard to beat. It would appear there's no way to plan a heist in one, but for the time being there are no heists, so I figure I'll wait to see how that all pans out before I decide if switching back is worth the cost.

Are there TVs in these apartments?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The Walrus posted:

Hopping on now, on the off chance someone is doing some high level high payoff missions I'd love to join. I'm level 9 and only have a thousand bucks to my name since I keep doing stuff in freeroam, all of which costs money. A bit of breathing room would be the best thing ever.

psn is lljkwalrus, in awful company.

What this person said. Help me get an apartment! I have a mic. I'll be on in an hour or so. psn= kri-kri79

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

bagina posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty lame I guess. I love the online missions and the racing, but the PvP poo poo is annoying. I almost wish that there was an option for a PvE lobby or something like that in free roam.

I pretty much accept almost every mission that shows up on my phone because I think that poo poo is fun. Add me on PS3: Shaftwaxer

Sounds right up my alley. Adding you.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mr Fixit posted:

Even after the quick restart nerf, at level 60, I'm still able to grind "base invaders" for good money. Ron only gives me one mission, so there is no chance I wont get it, and the mission start/end points are the same place. Its only added about a minute to my completion times.

You can solo it on easy in about 7 mins round trip, with minimal RP awarded, or set it to hard, and use one of the lazers in the base to clear everything out. This takes longer, but is worth far more RPs, since you will be killing around 100 soldiers on the ground in addition to the end of mission RP rewards.

It's no rooftop rumble, but still very good money and exp.

What console are you on? I need some high level people to drag my new character up.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Eriic posted:

Sorry kri-kri79 for shooting you in the face over a $6000 car, but Shakespeare got to get paid, son. :darksouls:

Yeah that was pretty drat lame

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thanks for blackguy32 for inviting me to base invaders, sorry I hosed up that one run by not having my personal vehicle. You guys held it down though.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Harmburger posted:

This is a photoshop(at poor one at that). Here's what an actual Rockstar support answer would look like:
http://i.imgur.com/72uqrOy.png

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200309736-2nd-attempt-at-clarity-from-RockStar-exploiting-

This worked before, found the link here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1ofrqn/rockstar_officially_comments_on_the/

kri kri fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 14, 2013

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Invites from crew members just say “Invite to MISSION” on the list on your phone instead of giving the details. You can also disallow invites from pubbies in the options menu.
Does this work for all crews or just the active crew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Philosopher King posted:

Thanks! You don't happen to know the youtube video of this do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK8-oeVqQFU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Locked thread