Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I like this OP better. Therefore, I like this thread better.

all hail this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Does anybody know if the jumpsuit that you use with the mask from the Heist in Single Player is available online?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

substitute posted:

Pretty sure I saw it in the clothes store.

I haven't, which is why I am asking. I went to all 3 types of stores, Discount, Suburban, and Posonbys, and they all had the exact same selection.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Obsurveyor posted:

Not true for 360, just logged in, my character is there with all my money, car etc.

Didn't you buy the boiler suit in an Ammu-Nation?

Yes, and it is not for sale there either. I checked both kinds of Ammu-Nation, the ones with the range, and the ones without. Again, the same clothing options as the other stores.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

coyo7e posted:

I saw it somewhere in discount clothing I think, yeah, it was locked at low level though.

Under what category?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

coyo7e posted:

Suits, I believe.

There is no category for "Suits" as you can only pick tops or pants. Tops has Suit Jackets and Suit Vests. I have not been able to find anywhere that gives me a category that is not:

Tops
Pants
Shoes
Glasses
Accessories (watches)

Masks and Hats at Vespucci Beach

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

R* ate my dinner. I made steak, dammit! With seasoning!

:smith:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have the app, how do I do this?

edit: are custom emblems broken for everyone else too? :(

Log in, select your online character, go to plates, make sure your custom plate is there, make other changes (should you want to), press Order. Order.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Pay someone else to grind for you while you scream profanity at them.

Where do I submit my resume?

There is a meter about how hard I am grinding for you. It goes up faster if you yell at me through XBL. Bonus multiplier for stringing together ethnic slurs.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

nthing "Unable to connect to Cloud servers" and my character is gone.

NA 360

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Robawesome posted:

This is from 6 AM this morning, seems to indicate there is indeed a new patch

I downloaded a patch at roughly 10pm EST last night. I didn't download one when I powered on, about 30min ago.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

tehsid posted:

I'm mobileposting so sorry I can't link it directly to you, but somebody on the last page posted a pic from the froums with a dev stating that everything lost is gone for good. Its not an official statement, but I wouldn't be shocked if they came out in a dew says and said exactly that.

kri kri posted:

Not mine, if only Rockstar would officially tell us what the gently caress is happening

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

robotsinmyhead posted:

It's at the Military Base. An oval flat track about 40-45sec/lap

The world record for it is like 21sec so how the gently caress ever does this happen.

Hackers, or glitched stats.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

santanotreal posted:

Just met Trevor in online. He yelled at me, asking why I'm not scared of him. The camera then pans to me just standing there, wearing a hockey mask and saying nothing. Couldn't have been more perfect.

Everybody is just copying me with the hockey mask. Shame there isn't the boiler room jumpsuit online.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

My guy needed a crushing pubbies mobile so it now has bulletproof tyres more mods to come

Can additional players get into the bed of trucks?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

RCarr posted:

I'd also like to know if stealth actually affects anything in this here game.

I would imagine it lessens the area that is affected by shooting your gun/running in a stealth mission. (That blue circle around your dot on the mini-map when you do stuff)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to grinding. Everything gets nerfed before I can exploit it. :qq:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

iamgezuzkryst posted:

Does anyone have an outline of how crews work?

What are the colored bars on the bottom and side of the crew tag (visible on social club)?

What establishes your crew division exactly?

Can you see other crew members who have a different crew active?

Seems like a lot of info for GTA Online is still up in the air, can't wait for a more comprehensive wiki / map to pop up.

1) Sort of

2) Crew color, you can pick it for cars to match, and there is a ring around your (active) crew members on the map, similiar to the red for bounties, and light blue for friends.

3) ??

4) Not through menus that I have seen. It kind of defeats the purpose of being in multiple crews.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I am looking for a rich benefactor to finance my shenanigans. So if anybody is bored and wants to live vicariously, I am welcome to donations. :shobon:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Seymour Butts posted:

I'd love to do this, but I have about 100k and I still live in my car :cry:

Sup homeless bro :respek:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

spacemost posted:

Two questions about racing:
1. Do you have to come in 1st for a race to count towards unlocks, or do you just have to participate?
2. If you start your own solo races and "win", do those count?

Seems like half the time, people leave 'customs' on, and I want a tricked out muscle car.

1) Yes
2) No

Easiest way to cheese that is to find another person and just swap wins.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

In the same vein, what does "bookmark job" actually do?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Smelly posted:

After seeing that video of all those players crashing into each other in the air race I had to give it a shot. I was the only person in the stunt plane and it pretty much went down like the video. Those were some easy races. I just love how everyone was crashing into each other as I casually cruised to the finish line.

A bunch of Stairs USA goons did a race like that. Luxors only. As expected, all of us exploded at the first checkpoint. And then again several times throughout the race. It was great.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Updated since originally posted yesterday:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/617422-list-of-apartments/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Car mods?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, for the "high priority" import/export, is the profit always the same? Or does it change with the different type of car?

I got ~$5600 for it for delivering a Maibatsu Penumbra.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Are there different maps? There are couple areas that I have noticed that aren't there when I go to look for them. Also, the entrance to my garage is different. And car spawns are completely different.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hockles posted:

Are there different maps? There are couple areas that I have noticed that aren't there when I go to look for them. Also, the entrance to my garage is different. And car spawns are completely different.

Not all the missions are each one too. I can't find Boneyard on the version of the map I am on.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

JAssassin posted:

Where can you get a Sabre Turbo? I looked all over Los Santos for it last night, but had no luck finding it.

I stumbled on one walking out of my apartment (Richards Majestic).

I am beginning to think that there are different maps, and they change based on level. There are certain landmarks and missions that are, or are not there. I think it may also affects car spawns.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Frankenstyle posted:

Am I missing something obvious? I can't get past wave eight or nine on Boneyard solo, but with one or two crappy randoms to act as bullet magnets I can carry them all the way through. The problem is that I end up spending 25 to 40% of the 20K winnings refilling my ammo. Am I missing some in mission ammo drops (beyond what enemies give up), or is that a standard business expense?

There are drops by the blue dumpster that you can get up to the roof, another drop behind that building, armor drop on the 747 wing with a weapon drop next to it, and then a bunch in the "killzone" between the warehouse and that building.

e: Boneyard glitch -- The small caged area next to the warehouse is glitched (You get in there from inside the warehouse). You can go in there and shoot out (no auto-aim, only manual aim), but the enemies won't shoot through the cage. They will only shoot through the door that gets you in there. Setting up 1-2 people on the roof, and then 2 people in the caged area seems to do well.

Hockles fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 13, 2013

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

There is a 24/7 mart that you can get "into" the roof. At the front of the store, there is a large cactus in a planter and a bike rack in front of it. Jump onto the bike rack, then onto the cactus. When on the cactus, climb onto the roof/into the roof. Exploit.

Just don't shoot an RPG, grenade or sticky bomb, since there is still a roof.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Alan Smithee posted:

Does anyone know the logic behind eating snacks? Sometimes it makes you eat them one at a time sown times you can mash the use button and cram a bunch for instahealth

If you are in cover, there is no animation. Thus you can spam them that way.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Alan Smithee posted:

So what's everyone doing to grind RP now that replay is patched?

I don't need to grind RP, but I presume that race/windstream thing still works.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Elendil004 posted:

How does it deal with being in 2 crews?

Things only show up for your active crew. So, you need to toggle back and forth if you are in multiple crews.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Elendil004 posted:

Do I have to do that in the social club or can I do that ingame?

In-game, there is a tab for Online. In there, select crews. Check whichever box you want to be active for.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

One of the "patches" added a little notification that will pop-up when a crew member is in/joins the session you are in.

Still, a ring around all crews you are in would be nice. A little benefit to being in more than one crew.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DrNutt posted:

If it makes you feel any better I'm in 1009 and couldn't join a single crew session last night.

I don't know if that has been fixed yet. I always view members the crew, and join on an individual. Or a friend.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DrNutt posted:

Huh, I didn't know you could view crew members. Is that something you have to do from single player before you jump online?

Nope. Same menu I described above. You can select "View Crew Members" or whatever and it gives a list.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I bought one and only 1 property (253k apt), from the sign. No achievement for me. I didn't even know there was an achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Guys, how do I make my phone number unlisted? I am getting solicitor calls from insurance companies.

• Locked thread