Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I can't wait to get my loving Golf and Tennis matches going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

futureproof posted:

Plus, female characters seem to come out looking alot better than male characters.

My male voice that has been described by others as "effeminate while still being strangely surly" sounds awesome coming out of my high class whore character.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Kifflom to you all, and Kifflom Spoilers!

I was shot to death by someone while driving, and thankfully my car kept going and killed that person right after- meaning we both killed each other. This was awesome and I was blessed with a scene that is in the spoiler below. Probably unrelated to the murder from beyond, but I like to think that it was a reward.

Cris came to me from a white screen telling me many truths before the screen went white again- this was probably just a hallucination because gently caress that guy. However if you go to the site on your phone you have the IP Address of a Unsavable.

Kifflom!

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Tri86 posted:

Total noob to online console gaming.

So while I was creating my character I heard some guy on a mic commenting on the choices I was making. What the hell just happened? Is this a PSN or GTA:O thing? Is there anyway for me to make my dude in peace?

When someone says the word human being I turn my head wondering if they are talking to me- that is how terrible people are in most online games. There is no doubt a character creation setup that makes everything the best it can be, and if you make a character using that, someone will still call you a noob who doesn't understand the game. Additionally they will still call you human being. You can mute people thankfully if you mind them, but I personally just respond under a wide array of personas:
  • Actually Gay Serving Member of the Armed Forces, channeling the energy of Goons in Platoons to give a half a stern talking down to that is half heartfelt disappointment and half gently caress you I risk my life every day and you are going to talk to me about how guns work? Its a loving game.
  • My Dad Works for Rockstar gently caress You, being as cliche as loving possible.
  • Normal Person, by far the best choice. I simply explain that this is a game and not even a hardcore shooter and that I'm a student, boyfriend, and small buisiness owner who has a lot bigger things going on in my life so sorry rear end in a top hat you don't really register for me.
  • Normal Person: MOVIE BUFF EDITION, same as above in that you don't let it get to you but instead you reply in movie, television, music, and other pop culture references. My favorite example is when someone asks me my name so they can kill me. "You want to know my name? gently caress You. That's My Name!"

You can have fun with this by making a persona that suits you. The responses to assholes are endless! Just remember that if you come here and brag, you brag about how you handled some rear end in a top hat. Never come and brag about telling off a new player because in that situation, mistaken as you would be, you are the rear end in a top hat.

Tips for life!

NOTE: When people post about characters being deleted, could you post what system you are on along with when you made them and when you tried to get to them and how? These details would help.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Calling all Goon Street for Meth'd Up!

I did this mission and some Goon Street runs of Violent Duct and I have to say, it was eye opening. My online life has never been better!

Anyone got any tips on getting up your strength fast? I'm trying to become LPGA level and right now I can drive a good deal just not far enough that I'm happy with my swing. Additionally I'm upset that I don't get my golf club Online since that is the basis of my elitist crew's signature sport, Fers de Hockeyeur, and without the club the whole thing just feels hollow.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I think I posted this in the first thread, but there needs to be a golf course on a group of islands out in the ocean somewhere with helipads and poo poo. High rollers only. Make it so, Rockstar.

This is why I invented my douchebag elitist group called The Gold Aristocracy where we welcome any and all rich landowners who enjoy the fine sports of golfing, tennis, and Fers de Hockeyeur*. The game is too wonky right now to know enough to establish any requirements for membership but right now I'm looking for XBOX360 users only, with hopes of a PS3 chapter in the future, whose characters can meet the dress code and have a suitable place of residence.

Gaspar Lewis posted:

The second I had it opened I sped like a maniac to the golf course and with 20/100 stamina pulled off a tie for first at 4 under par. If you have a good approach game then drive distance is really just cosmetic or for arcing higher over obstacles like trees.

This guy above me? He sounds like membership material.

I hope to organize tournaments in the future.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Beeker's Garage online seems to be the same as it is Offline... mysterious and empty.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know if you can host your own golf game? I'd rather not get tossed into a game with random folks, just wanna hang with my pals.

Yes, you can host your own! Or join my club, which currently is confusing me.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Jacada posted:

I was playing fine until all the Americans woke up. Spoiling our fun again :(

Why don't you play single player offline, if you even have offline assess in your forsaken corner of the world, park yourself in Blaine County and put on the radio and learn who really is spoiling the fun... of America.

I want to do races to upgrade my Banshee when I can afford it- what class/classes does the car come in?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I've been playing 360 and so far not lost a character, but I feel for you guys. In the mean time I'm going to play some loving golf on the 360 in order to level up and become world champion- Aegobolus is my gamer tag by the way.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

Oh hell yeah, Merryweather refunds your $7,500 if their mercs fail to kill your target. So if you send mercs after someone and they ragequit there's no penalty for you :haw:

e: Actually there is a slight penalty, there's a 15 minute cooldown before you can call 'em again

Alright, cool idea for instant fun with money when things don't matter- two Goons call mercenaries on each other with the goal of killing each other before the mercenaries do.

Also, when things work better, any Goons want to built up a Fight Club crew or just event on the 360? Right now I'm trying to build up my awesome Golf and Tennis snob crew but can't figure out stupid things like how to make people advance in crew rank- which so far has told me I am a 1 in Goon Street despite being a thug representative.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

DrNutt posted:

Console gamers finally get to experience the thrill of a PC thread.

I just had my character vanish from the 360- it seems like if you have a Social Club ID then you are pretty safe, just don't make new characters if you notice that yours is gone- then don't play until the cloud comes back up. Making new characters seems to cause issues with the cloud falling down.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I don't usually do that either, but this time I was just fascinated by this guy, who was both not fighting back but also not running away, but also not standing still like he was afk. I was enjoying myself stalking him trying to figure out what he would do next.

Like I said, it's a loving murder simulator and there's pretty much nothing else to it.

See, not to start a debate or to attack you because I'm a bathrobe samurai and would lose the resulting fight, but I have to disagree with you on this. You are the one who followed someone, stalking them, and then killing them- enjoying it while the game gave you no prompt or incentive to.

The storytelling of the game basically explains how a life of crime is lovely with no good way out- and sends that message through three very different people.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

ProfessorGroove posted:

Except at the end of the game all three are billionaires with no problems whatsoever? :confused:

Well, to go through the three characters:
  • Michael is a guy who only got out of crime alive by corruption of himself and goverment officials, is already rich with a lovely life, and at the end if you choose not to kill him he remains rich with a shallow life.
  • Franklin is a guy who wants to get out of the ghetto and shows an awareness that his 'hood' heritage is lovely and not something he wants to be part of, only gets into high profile crime to get out, then realizes it is all the same poo poo and just barely gets out alive and never comments on all the poo poo he had to do being cool.
  • Trevor is loving Trevor.

The end of the game also leaves nothing left to do but play Tennis and Golf while investing in real estate- and it has renewed my interest in the stock market because unlike the real one which goes down like crazy this one goes up like fixing its algorithms is a low priority. My father is a broker so I know it is more complicated than all that, but it is funny that the endgame leaves you with... Rich (Mostly) White People: The Game. This time you get to play out someone with a shallow life, someone poor who will spend the money irresponsibility, and one man who broke out of poverty!

GTA:O is basically "people are dicks like every other game" just with more sandbox.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Naw, GTAO incentivizes seeking out and murdering other players, since you get their cash. I wasn't talking about single player, since this isn't the thread for that.

Not if you play it long enough to realize $100 is a waste of time and that the only reason to kill other players is to mess around with some guys.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Reason posted:

Been having some fun in freeroam with goons running people over and such. Is there a way to ensure you're in with more than just a couple other crew members? How about in missions?

Ham posted:

Look for the Vapid Sandking XL, it's a huge monster truck but actually handles pretty well. Lost mine with my first character and only managed to find another SWB 2-door version.

When I can play without putting my character in danger, I want to get the Vinewood Tours Bus and see how many Goons we can load in one incredible gangland clown car of bullets.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

Call Gerald. If you don't get it, delete the job and try again a couple minutes later (or join another session, which resets the timer).

This, and invite as many goons as you can into your session for some FGBG love.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

bear is driving! posted:

gently caress that - Ab-Soul - Illuminate should be the theme song

"I'm a loving genius, gripping my loving penis"

Ab-Soul's anything should be our Goon Street theme song of the moment. Nibiru in particular regarding the UFO thread.

"They trying to tell me that aliens built the pyramids,
It’s funny ‘cause they probably did"

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I can't wait to be able to have my character back or confirmed dead so I can work on my future personal ride- a matte black Banshee with a Hot Pink stripe down the middle for that Vice City look at match my Vice City woman. With that in mind, can't wait for the game to work so I can officially launch my golfing elitist country club for all you goons out there- until then I'll be representing my Goon Street crew from afar.

frontlineKHAAAN! posted:

In which members of 1000 - 1009 take a pubbie for a ride in his own car:

Mad cross console love to you man.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So the special edition code for super special weapons and poo poo does not apply to Online right? The only reason I ask is I really loving want to have myself a .50 Pistol online, gently caress, I would buy a code for it- I am that loving sappy.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Philip J Fry posted:

It applies. Sawed-off shotgun, bullpup shotgun, .50 pistol and a melee hammer are all free from the start, as well as all of the upgrades and skins for the .50 and bullpup.

In that case, looks like I'm going to go try to get myself a 360 Special Edition code because gently caress I want my drat .50 Pistol and my deserved Hammer.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

HardCorey posted:

Does anyone dare challenge my position atop the 1000-1009 golf leaderboards?

seriously though. I can't get enough of the golf mini game. I'm always up for a round. PSN: DustyDesk

Okay, I'm going to steal my Dad's copy of the game and register on PSN using my roomate's PS3 just to take you down.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Cracker King posted:

If it's true that your strength stat increases the more you have fisticuffs then why haven't we started a Fight Club?

^^^^^^^Fight Club with Golf interludes, anyone?^^^^^^^^^

Do you have the ability to wear a polo, dress pants, have a golf club, and keep a secret? The Gold Aristocracy is the 360 crew for you my friend- we enjoy golf, riding around and beating up the poor with gold clubs, and being high class.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

The ability to buy cash is not back however!

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Cash Cards are still down. I'll admit it, I am the type of guy who is going to toss :tenbux::tenbux: at the game in order to buy the car I want and apartment I want because as a college student I don't have the time to grind so when I can play I would rather spend it doing races and having fun.

Any second person want to confirm that you get the Special Edition weapons Online? If so I may return my game and bump it up a little bit just because I want my god damned Pistol .50 and Hammer.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Croccers posted:

The .50 Pistol is a beast of a gun. Two body shots will down an unarmoured player, the only better pistol is the AP pistol and that's like a Rank 30-something unlock.
I stick suppressors on my guns to stop the police from turning up quicker.

gently caress I want it.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

VarXX posted:

Most of my time in GTA:O was spent in free roam before I even started doing any of those farming missions and it was perfectly sustainable if you did things on the side like robbing stores

Yeah like I originally just hosed around in free roam. I only grind missions when I found a crew to do it with because they were fun- however making money does appear to be something that takes a bit of effort now that the grind is made difficult to do.

EDIT: drat if I don't want the simple things in life though, the dream. One apartment overlooking the poor people, my casual golf foursome that I take too seriously, and a black metallic Banshee with a hot pink stripe down the center for that classic Vice City look. That's the dream.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Soggy Muffin posted:

Need some goons to play golf with, pubbies are ridiculously easy to beat. Gt is G 0 N E J A. The 0 is a zero btw.

YOU DONE GOT hosed! Though really it was a good game for a lot of reasons, and the fact you did not know about POWER SHOTS until halfway through means that we will require another golf outing in the future- I cannot take that win in good faith.

Slim Killington posted:

I know this was a while ago and I can't remember if you're PS3 or 360, but I totally want to be part of a regular golf outing foursome. Count me into that poo poo any day.

Private message me your details man and I will be glad to form a a foursome with you and my main man Soggy Muffin if he can manage to fit the dress code next time.

FUTURE GOON FUN EVENT

I'm looking into my class schedule, how golfing tournaments are run, and into the Rockstar Forums (I will gaze into the rear end in a top hat) but I'm planning on putting together the first official golf tournament hosted by The Gold Aristocracy, the most elite country club there is. Do you think you can handle what it takes to win... The Vinewood Open.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

In the options during swing setup, you can change your current club, aim, and there's a button (R1?) to change shots. There are 3 (4?) different shots of various power. You always want to change shots on your drive to the farthest reaching one. On chipping and putting especially, you can change to the more powerful shot and then adjust the aim distance back a bit which brings the yellow square up higher.

I have never missed a put by using the more powerful shot and aiming 6 inches to a foot in front of the hole, and this is including putts all the way across the green.

Did not know this! Thank you for your putting secrets future golf opponent- can't wait for my white polo girl to come kick your rear end.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

Use it well against your 360 opponents, sorry we can't snob around together! :(

Jimbot posted:

How do you host golf matches? I want to play with a friend but every time I jump in the circle I automatically join a random stranger's game. Am I blind and missing something here?

No idea, it seems to be random to me. Sometimes I walk into the circle and join a terrible game... other times I walk into the circle and can host- and no one joins me.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

American Horror Story tonight and school tomorrow, but after then I would like someone to explain to me how Missions Online actually work... do I have to do them in order or can I avoid the stupid ones that seem stupid to me? I'd rather just level up and rock out with Ron's missions and my main man Mendoza.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Robawesome posted:

You can do whatever missions you like basically in any order, as far as I've seen you aren't required to do any previous missions to get a particular contact's later missions. Also, you can be a level 10 and do missions from level 50, just have the higher-ranking player invite you.

Cool. Any reason that my store holdups are checked off with a green mark? I think I'm going to hit them all.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It also unlocks a progressively more detailed tattoo (a gun toting clown surrounded by money and dollar signs) for every five stores you rob.

I hate all of these tattoos and think that the biggest opportunity missed was the chance to have custom tramp stamps.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Philip J Fry posted:

They might be DLC eventually; the upcoming Beach Bum pack alone is supposed to have 300 pieces of attire.

I'm really hoping this can be made into the Vice City Throwback DLC that I want to exist.

PaganGoatPants posted:

It's pretty good for being inside another game. What's wrong with it?

The biggest problem I have with it is that it allows for poor people to play golf with me when fellow members of the elite work so hard to dress nice and keep them away during Fers de Hockeyeur.

Fers de Hockeyeur is a sport where you ride around in gold carts while well dressed and beat poor people with golf clubs.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Rockstar, let me throw money at you because I'm busy.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

GOLFING TIME.

Also if you want a golf club online you need to kill a golfer in the day.

EDIT: Rockstar, I can't throw money at you yet- do you not want my money?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I'm upset at female clothing because I can have my golfing polo but drat if there are pants that make her look pretty... its either business woman or stereotypical lesbian golfer cliche.

JAssassin posted:

Finally found a Sandking XL this morning. Got the first engine upgrade, armor, and insurance with my apartment fund. Totally worth it for a great car.

They are pretty awesome. My first suggestion is to ride around over people's personal vehicles while quoting Squidbillies.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I hate to be the one defending micro-transactions, but I really want them back because I can't grind and don't want to leisurely play my way up to the best apartment in the world because if I want to gently caress around with goons and my pimp truck I don't want to be held back for doing so.

Unless we can get an even more high stakes gold game going.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Okay, so the max you can bet in something like golf is $2,500... so for unofficial games between Goons we can under honor code agree to more right? We just say we all send 10K to the winner and can do that by just sending cash! :D

I'm most upset that Rockstar has not given me a way to earn a golden golf club.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Remember, upon losing the golf match I will still win golf club...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Pubbies have not learned yet to never bring a gun to a golf club fight- nothing feels better than taking someone down with a loving gold club while they try to aim a machine gun.

• Locked thread