Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I had tons of fun for a few hours last night. I ground out some cash on Violent Duct 9 levels early thanks to an invite from my crew. (Stairs Inc Represent!) Then I got into a good pubbie lobby for Top Fun, which the best mission I've played yet. Afterwards, I wrapped up the evening with some Gooncopter store robberies.

I had a goon chopper pilot at one point named "Green Cak3" who did not have a mic. Dude could fly that thing like no one's business, and deserves a shout out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I'm on 360 and would appreciate an invite to some Duct farming. I'm not high enough rank to initiate it. Please help me goons, you're my only hope.

XBL GT: mighty skooter
Social Club: mighty_skooter

I'm also active in the crew Stairs USA Inc.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
At what rank do sticky bombs unlock? I love the idea of holding people's rides hostage.

Is there a way for one crew to have "beef" with another? Maybe both spawn together in free roam or get matched up in missions? I think some goon crew rivalry is a good idea!

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I've tried to not be too hard on Rockstar over this, but this last patch was the coup de gras. People are still losing characters, some people still can't even get into online, and those who can get online have had their single player saves hosed.

In spite of all of this, they have still found time and resources to nerf grinding 3 separate times in the last week. That line they gave us about this game not being pay to win was bullshit. Every action they have taken since online launched has contradicted it.

GTA online, brought to you by loving Zynga.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

marktheando posted:

Jesus man. I've lost several characters and I'm not this angry.
I'm not as angry as that post makes me look.:shobon: It just sucks that all the good weapons and cool jobs are level dependant. I just don't want to pay 60 bux plus XBL plus a headset for 20 levels of pistol plink deathmatch and stealing drugs for Gerald before the good poo poo starts.
I didn't mean to get all gamers.txt, I don't play many games online and I guess I'm not used to how it all works.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Xbox goons hit me up for whatever! I'm well armed and flat broke.

mighty skooter

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I was pissed about the patch yesterday, but after last night I think I'm feeling better. Instead of mercilessly grinding, I made myself play the damned game.

Got in a couple good rounds of survival with some pubbies, terrorized some other pubbies in a Buzzard with another goon door gunning, then met up with some friends.

We just chained missions and had a blast. Off road races, armed parachute jumps, stunt plane races in Luxor jetliners, deathmatches, bike races.

It was the most fun I've had playing this game. I didn't walk away filthy rich, but I had enough skrilla to buy the guns I qualified for with my rank ups. I really do wish jobs (or something job-like) would show up on the vote screen, though. Teamwork can be fun too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

Jake Blues posted:

Hello online thread, I am enjoying this game but would like to actually make money.
Could a kind XBOX goon carry me along on their coattails to greed?
GT: R0BERTC0P :)

I'll add you later this evening. I can't play until my kid is in bed. Rules!

• Locked thread