Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamare
Jul 21, 2010

Merchant of Death posted:

If you are doing it solo, set the mission difficulty to easy(no penalty) and start from the side of the building without the rv. Kill the 2 men outside the doorway then kill the 2 inside quickly as they have shotguns that one hit kill if you have no armor. Move up take out the man infront of the trailer with the chainlink fence, then the man on the second level of the building to the far right of the rv. Ignore the 2 rooftop enemies get in the rv and drive towards the traintracks and go offroad to avoid the 2 bikers. Stay off the highlighted yellow route and stick as much as you can offroad to avoid the 2 4x4 trucks. You can do it in under 4 minutes solo get $5000 and around 1000 xp.

The fact you lose money if you die in mission is annoying.

I succeeded on Normal solo on my first try. I then did about 4-5 runs on Hard, again solo. It's really not that difficult, you just need to pick the enemies off 1 by 1. If you try to engage out in the open, you'll get smoked. If anyone wants help with the mission, hit me up on

PSN: Hakim_am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamare
Jul 21, 2010

Kameleon posted:

Those of you contemplating making a new character - what makes you think you'll be able to get through the tutorial if you can't even load your existing character? And then you won't even have a chance to get your old one back.

What makes me think? Well, I tried it, and it works, and I don't miss my old character too much, my new one is so cool.

Hamare
Jul 21, 2010

beanieson posted:

Good times with the 1009. Sgtwheelman & another goon (hector something?) were fleeing from some random hostile up on the north east coast highway. It was the coolest thing following the chase from above (playing news copter) as I watched them throw sticky bombs at the guy. Eventually I met up with them in the northwest town & we killed the guy a bunch for spamming us with text messages.

That was me, hakim. That hostile was following me because a NPC put a bounty on my head. It was real fun messing with him, and having a helo hovering overhead made it epic!

Hamare
Jul 21, 2010

Dinotron posted:

I'm really getting sick of all the overly aggressive drivers in racing matches. I'd be willing to start a Goon racing crew for PS3 if anyone would be interested. Traffic off, clear weather, no ramming or otherwise acting like an asshat, etc. Just help me come up with a crew name and I'll post it in the PGS thread.

I'd be really interested in this. I can't stand bumper cart racing. I want races to be skill based, and there are way too many noob-friendly options that punish you for being in first and reward you for having an early crash (slip streaming, rubber banding.) In pubby races, I usually end up first if I have a clean race, or last because I was run off the road, rarely in between.

One thing I do enjoy is traffic, though. As long as the lag isn't too bad, I feel it adds an extra bit of challenge and skill requirement, and it keeps me on the edge of my seat as I cannot simply memorize the track and rely on muscle memory. I'll race with it on or off though.

Hamare
Jul 21, 2010

GlitterBob posted:

poo poo, sorry for wasting you earlier, Hakim_am. Totally not intended, I hosed up like a champ reading the radar blips. :downsgun:

I was wondering why you did that. I forgive you, honest mistake!

Btw, races seem to be the best way to grind for both money and RP, at least under level 50, with performance unlocks to boot! I had a great session with naples and brotein.

Does anyone know how many people a Granger (suburban) can carry? I know two people can hang off the side. Does that mean that 4 people can be inside, and 2 hanging out? I'm looking for the coolest possible 6 person vehicle for my garage. I have a Bison, which is a pickup truck listed under vans, and two people can sit in the bed as well as 4 in the cab.

• Locked thread