Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

theBeaz posted:

Reposting from the old thread because it bears repeating:

GTA Online Checklist

• Helicopters still spawn at hospital and can be stolen - CHECK
  • Fighter jets still spawn at military base and you can parachute from the heli into the hangar and steal them - CHECK
  • Can lock on and shoot down other players in helicopters (and not be a Bad Sport) - CHECK
  • Can buzz bomb players on the highway and make them poo poo their pants - CHECK CHECK CHECK

Gentlemen I think GTA Online is already a success.

And new content:

I was able to get in on launch day probably mostly due to luck... but you too can try what I did if you're getting stuck waiting for players on the intro mission. Go into singleplayer first, then Pause - Online - Start Solo Session. This doesn't guarantee that the race won't still break, but if you get as far as where "waiting for players" WOULD be, it should just load up and have you racing Lamar.

Once I got past that I've had very few problems with GTA Online.

The best part about the fighter jets is that you don't even need to parachute in to steal one. For whatever reason you don't get the 4 stars automatically when flying a helicopter over the base so you can actually land right next to the jet on the runway and you'll get 4 stars but usually nothing will spawn close enough to even pose a threat, now all you have to do is take off and avoid the first couple missiles they launch at you and then it's time to terrorize pubbies :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
The game just glitched in the best way for me. Last night I ended up with around $200k which I spent on the $130k apartment and stopped for the night, started up the game today and still have the apartment but also the money I had spent on the apartment which allowed to buy some upgrade and stock up on grenades and sticky bombs.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Ok this game is officially the best, just capitalized on a bounty that involved me chasing the guy from the airport all the way to the military base with both of us flying Cargobobs the way there. However I had a trick up my sleeve and prior to lift off I latched a couple Sticky Bombs onto my vehicle, picked it up via the hook and waited for his decent down(he was trying to escape via fighter jet) dropped my car exploded it and took his tail rotor out. He naturally ejects and I give chase taking a bit of a spill so he tries to get out with the jet as I plant and detonate another Sticky Bomb to take him out, then I cleared out the military troops and made my own escape via jet. Oh, and the entire chase was supplemented by Rick James.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Slim Killington posted:

It's certainly exploitative but no moreso than replaying Duct over and over and over again, just another thing to do until they eventually patch it out. You can't lock everything away behind money and punish players for finding the fastest way to get it.

Yes because replaying a mission over and over is the same as abusing an oversight(notice how you have to be in an invite only game so that your session isn't populated by anyone else) that allows you to continually reset the game world so that you rob the same store over and over with no chance of failure and zero effort are completely analogous methods of grinding for cash :jerkbag: Why don't people just play the game as intended when you get plenty of money just playing, even playing a mission over and over is still playing and not mindless tedium like that cash register method if you're that desperate for cash, since the payouts get progressively better as you go on and you still need to rank up since pretty much everything you could spend that money on gets locked behind ranks anyways, and getting 200RP a minute doing the robbery abuse is neither fun nor efficient. Yeah you can go get the most expensive apartment that functions on the same level as the other properties aside from garage storage, location, and a view since the planning board in the more expensive properties doesn't work because we can't actually do any heists yet.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
So I just did a thing.

Time to milk pubbie tears :getin:

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

automaticswim posted:

Did you have to use the cargobob? That's the only way I've reliably gotten a tank out of the base.

e: I'm hoping I can take it back to my house and garage it.

Yes and it's super easy to take too, unfortunately you can't put it in the garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Party Plane Jones posted:

A goon (Ragebeef) dropped a bunch of them with a Cargobob last night.

Yep, spent most of all last night making runs to the military base and airlifting tanks to drop for goons to roll around in, also picking one up for myself every once in a while so wreck some havok on pubbies all the while keeping my good sport rating. I am disappointed that our attempt at airlifting the tank with you in it and trying to blow poo poo up that way didn't work out as well as I had hoped :( I do think you pissed off some random pubbies you kept killing in that game though, because they tried coming after me during one of my run, albeit unsuccessfully, and kept trying afterwards so I taught them a lesson about sticky bombs.

• Locked thread