Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I believe the Neverhood and Samorost 1 & 2 should be mentionned somewhere on this thread. Even if they aren't cult classic, they are good and explore another artistic style that is close to stop-motion movies. Samorost 1 is also free to play.

Also I wonder if the Discworld games are any good? Never tried them.

Finally, the Gobliiins series (1 to 3, from Coktel Vision, not the ugly sequel) have a special place in my heart for being very funny to play, with clever puzzles, and looking completely different from all other adventure games.

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Talking about ScummVM reminded me of Beneath a Steel Sky which I really liked and that is free to download on the ScummVM site.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mr Underhill posted:

Verb coin is my absolute favorite, but I do want to be able to just click and click again rather than having to hold down for it to appear.

In other p&c related news, Syberia 3 just released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wyrdDl9guQ

Never been a fan, never really played them, but that trailer.. Holy hell, this thing apparently had an 8 mil Euros budget, and that's the lip sync you go with? In the TRAILER?

I mean I know lip sync is tough to do in such wordy games unless you have some dynamic script reading the waveform and changing phonemes accordingly, but goddamn, you have close-ups of characters all the time, you kind of NEED good, believable lip sync.

Syberia is a French game and it looks like the the lip-sync was made for the French version.

Welcome to my world where I HAVE to switch all my games to English because it's so horrible to watch the characters speak out of sync otherwise