Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jRv-HSctAY

Too good. (spoilers for episode 16)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I got to like episode 10 and Blue is just loving great now. Red sucks.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Are you referring to Hime and Megumi, or to Blue and Phantom?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Clearly not referring to Megumi because she's pink and owns.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Megumi would own if maybe she wasn't competing with Hime!?!?!?

Nah; eyebeams, Megumiman and all her songs rock. Keep on trucking, Cure Lovely.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hime and Megumi obviously. I really don't get why pink is the "main" precure here when Hime is just infinitely more interesting.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
Hey guys check out this cool shirt I found:

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
I don't think having that many piercings would really interfere with one's hearing all that much.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like how the full version of the Happiness Charge ending song has her singing the names of all the precure series.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

So next week are we finally going to find out what Hime did that was so bad and why Fortune hates her so much?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Next week we are going to once again face the true terror of the worst animation director Toei has on staff (he did episode 10).

And also maybe that. Fortune considers Hime responsible for the downfall of the Blue Sky kingdom and the invasion of Earth, so either she's mistaken about something or Hime really hosed up. I will laugh if its something similar to how Chibiusa was responsible for the fall of Crystal Tokyo in Sailor Moon R.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

aers posted:

Next week we are going to once again face the true terror of the worst animation director Toei has on staff (he did episode 10).

Noooooooooooo. :gonk:

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I really liked the episode where they made a cake and everything looked super hosed up all of the time like it was drawn in the 70s or something.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I have made up my mind. I'm gonna watch All The Precures

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Namtab posted:

Keep us updated.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Namtab posted:

That's a lot of Precure to watch.

Now that I think of it, what's the best way to manage viewings of seasons that have already been finished? One episode a day, an entire arc in one sitting, cram it all down in through my pupils, :confused:

This would be Heartcatch I'd be thinking about watching. seen suite and first half of smile

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 15, 2014

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm no expert on the best way, but I find that passive rapid absorption works for me.

7 episodes into futari wa pretty cure, this was 2004? Kinda seems dated now, comparatively. So far though it's good but uninspiring. You've got the two girls with different personalities, every ep there's a monster, they fight it for a bit and then kill it with stock footage.

E: I'll be sure to come up with synopses for the OP when I get far enough.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 15, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Spoilers for the most recent ep: In hindsiight Fortune having a different henshin device seems more obvious.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm also watching all the Precure. Splash Star has some nice music. The Opening's infuriatingly catchy. Goddamn it, Precure, I don't need more Earworms. I had a hell of a time getting the music from Cardcaptor Sakura out of my head. :argh:

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

Potsticker posted:

Toei hasn't had money for precure for at least the last two seasons. Or animators or whatever. There was some speculation that Sailor Moon was the reason, but obviously that doesn't seem to be the case. Happiness Charge has had some really terribly animated episodes, but overall it's a good, fun show.

「And Cure Princess is the best Sailor Moon.」

Yellow is always the best Cure, and Lemonade is still the best Yellow.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Caithness posted:

I am really sad at how little Yuuyuu has gotten to do overall in Hapuri. But they gave her the best attack so it's almost like Alice all over again.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
I'm really glad she doesn't sing that song every single episode.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Caithness posted:

I'm really glad she doesn't sing that song every single episode.

I want to emptyquote this forever.

Though, I did enjoy the impromptu songs that Megumi used to sing.

Tree Huffer
Jul 26, 2007

dude were so
high right now
hahaha

Caithness posted:

Pretty sure you misspelled Peace there. Man, Smile Precure was ridiculously silly and was one of the weaker plots of the show, but it was absolutely gorgeous and that team is one of the best.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tree Huffer posted:

Pretty sure you misspelled Peace there. Man, Smile Precure was ridiculously silly and was one of the weaker plots of the show, but it was absolutely gorgeous and that team is one of the best.

I'm so sad that Peace and Lemonade didn't actually do anything together when they were running around in New Stage 3.

There was a lot of great stuff in the background, like the robots from that one episode of Smile show up a couple of time.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Namtab posted:

7 episodes into futari wa pretty cure, this was 2004? Kinda seems dated now, comparatively. So far though it's good but uninspiring. You've got the two girls with different personalities, every ep there's a monster, they fight it for a bit and then kill it with stock footage.

E: I'll be sure to come up with synopses for the OP when I get far enough.

I really liked First Precure, it was very physical with the fight scenes (hi DBZ director). Nagisa and Honoka complement each other very well and it has one of the most sympathetic villains in the series. It also has a nifty theme where fighting bad guys takes a toll on their personal lives (which the ED drives home).

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
I've been slowly making my way through the movies, and just got to New Stage 1. That was the best All-stars movie so far, and may have even been better than the Suite movie.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Caithness posted:

I've been slowly making my way through the movies, and just got to New Stage 1. That was the best All-stars movie so far, and may have even been better than the Suite movie.

The New Stage movies are pretty fun. Though by now all me and my friend do during the crossover movies is point out to each other which Cures get more screentime than others, and who actually gets to speak and so on.

Also, he hates the miracle lights portions so I have to make sure I cheer on the PreCure twice as hard to make up for it.

Yes, this episode! The Miyuki Robo itself wasnt there, but the other two were.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The animation looked pretty good this last week, but that was a really boring resolution to everything.

Coming up this weekend it looks like we're getting characterisation for some of the international Cures, which seems fairly exciting.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
Their new outfits in the new ending are all exactly the same, with all four colors on each of them. I wonder if this means some sort of fusion power is coming.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Caithness posted:

Their new outfits in the new ending are all exactly the same, with all four colors on each of them. I wonder if this means some sort of fusion power is coming.

I really don't care for the design with the four half skirts, but if it's not going to be used for some sort of Mugen Silhouette form it's going to look really boring with them all wearing the exact same thing. My hopr is it's an ED-only costume.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
I'm guessing it's the Super Silhouette equivalent and they're all the same because the staff don't want the show to look lazy when a ton of generic precures we've never met before get drawn wearing it at some point during the inevitable multi-part finale.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Its called Innocent Form and might debut in episode 29.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

wateyad posted:

I'm guessing it's the Super Silhouette equivalent and they're all the same because the staff don't want the show to look lazy when a ton of generic precures we've never met before get drawn wearing it at some point during the inevitable multi-part finale.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. It never occurred to me that the international cures might have a role in the finale at all.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

aers posted:

Its called Innocent Form and might debut in episode 29.

Well, there we have it.

Caithness posted:

That makes a lot of sense, actually. It never occurred to me that the international cures might have a role in the finale at all.

Only the Hapuri PreCure's colors count I guess. :laugh:
Yeah, that's a pretty good reason to make them all look alike. The international cures have some pretty entertaining designs at least.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kig is the creepiest looking thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
I'm surprised Aloha Precure got their own transformation sequence.

• Locked thread