Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Yeah, with the Welsh we can make Welsh spelling jokes for years. I think he should be a seventh son of a seventh son and therefore blessed with The Luck of the Welshish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grate King Steppe Wolfe King of Bulgaria

Proud, Brave, Ambitious, Lustful. Other stats as desired (Unless someone in the thread suggests something funny)

Having ceceeded from Bulgaria 20 years ago, Bulgaria now sits nestled between the angry Malgars, and the Decedant Byzantiniuns to the south.

However, this doesn;t matter, as GLORIOUS BULGARIA will overcome, for they are the Greatest people in the world!

(one of the weaknesses of Bulgaria is they are instantly under attack and will be bordering an angry stack of 15000 Hungarian Malygars for the forseeable future.)

I like how goons can't read the OP as well :)

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 5, 2013

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If you a picture of the future, imagine a Welshman headbutting a human face - forever.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

Veloxyll posted:

I like how goons can't read the OP as well :)

It's somewhat ironic that an entire thread of people who seem to spend a large part of their time laughing at Grey's inability to navigate (usually fairly complicated) interfaces have failed so completely at correctly interpreting what were really very simple instructions.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Barack Hussein Obama, West African ethnicity,Shiite religion, count of Mecca.

Alternatively you could resist the siren call of the joke option and play a Zoroastrian ruler out east and get to make some "marrying your sister" jokes.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Pimpmust posted:

Seconding Ghana, or failing that any other place in Africa.

Ghana is the only option worth considering.

It's also hard as balls so GH might actually not get World Conquest during CKII.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Voting will then be done on this sheet

When you put in a contender, please put his name in bold in one of the columns. Tehn if you wish to vote for that character, put your user
name below it – You can change your vote and vote for your own guy, but this method stops me having the trawl the thread for votes, and stops it being cluttered up.

Just to say - vote on the spreadsheet, especially if you really want Ghana as it's looking undervoted!

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Johnathan Spratt

Poor, wimpy Count Jack Spratt, being eaten out of house and home by his gluttonous Countess must cast his eye afar for more fertile lands to support his growing familywife.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Veloxyll posted:

Grate King Steppe Wolfe King of Bulgaria

Yessss, this is the Paradox way. :unsmigghh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Are you restricting this to only Christian rulers? Because if not then I suggest playing as Stuart McAbbasid, the first in the line of historically obscure Sunni Scottish counts.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Whatever Ghana leader we think up before this turns into a stupid steppe wolf joke. Because seriously give Africa some love.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Pity you can't pick the Huns and found the line of Atilla.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I have registered my vote duly for A Welshman In Wales. :black101:

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Another Welsh vote from me, I've never been able to make a good run with them, seeing them take over all of England will be fun!

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

Dauntasa posted:

Sheikh Ali Hammad of Austisland

Trusting, Honest, Kind, Ambitious and Proud.

The second son of a powerful Sunni Emir. His older brother was set to inherit all of their father's lands, but Ali felt he deserved to rule. He went to his father to demand an inheritance, and his father told him that he actually ruled a far off land as well, and Ali could have it! Told nothing but that it was as far north as you could go, Ali set off in a small ship, happy to finally be given his due. His father held no such title, of course, and was glad to be rid of his troublesome and useless youngest son. He expected Ali to die at sea. But luck was on Ali's side...

...and he somehow landed in Sardinia and built a modest pirate empire in the Mediterranean. Let's watch how it happened.

Seriously, I want us playing a naval, piracy power.

EDIT: Can we be a pirate merchant republic?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
You guys don't understand, if we start in Ghana, we can literally rule the world from Timbuktu. Oh and if this gets in, you need to get the African Units Pack DLC, the portraits are totally worth it.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Hm...I've not done West African start from 867, just 1066. What's the situation like down there? Ghana's pagan at this time, right?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
If we play as the welsh guy we are required by law to use CK2+ because it's compatible with EU4 now, and then we can play as a Brythonic Pagan. We must. It is a requirement.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

One Thousand Posts
with
Misspellings

A Grey Hunter mega-campaign

:getin:

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 5, 2013

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.
Wales is always a fun choice, especially when England's divided up like it is at TOG start.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
I'm going to have to join in the bandwagon and vote for Maximum Llewellyn. Unite the Six Nations and bring the Celts to dominance in Western Europe!

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Bolazhd har'Djiiz, Khazarian Khount.

A man of many names, he was forced to settle down after a mutiny left him with little more than a single warehouse and a handful of mooks to his name. Fortunately, he likes gefilte fish, so he expects to fit right in with his new home.

Traits: Strong, Tall, Lustful, whichever of the martial education traits he can afford without making him older than his mid-twenties.

Religion: Judaism

Culture: Dutch

Stats: 1 in everything except Military, pump the point savings into that. :black101:

Yes, this is mainly a reference, where it isn't an attempt to make Grey conquer the world for Judaism.

kaiten80
Oct 31, 2012
This is going to be amazing no matter which option wins, isn't it?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Clayren posted:

HELL YES. This winner gets my vote.

Don't be boring, people! Not even the Welsh give a gently caress about Wales. Oh wow an Anglo start in the early medieval period/late dark ages, woah, never saw this one coming, how interesZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

The Sandman posted:

Bolazhd har'Djiiz, Khazarian Khount.

A man of many names, he was forced to settle down after a mutiny left him with little more than a single warehouse and a handful of mooks to his name. Fortunately, he likes gefilte fish, so he expects to fit right in with his new home.

Traits: Strong, Tall, Lustful, whichever of the martial education traits he can afford without making him older than his mid-twenties.

Religion: Judaism

Culture: Dutch

Stats: 1 in everything except Military, pump the point savings into that. :black101:

Yes, this is mainly a reference, where it isn't an attempt to make Grey conquer the world for Judaism.

Also a very, very strong entry right here.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
I'll vote for the Welshman start, but on one condition; the ruler must be ethnically West African. Culturally Welsh of course, but a Black Duke of Wales sounds pretty cool.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The only correct answer is Ghana. We will permit you to have a Welsh wife, but she must be a convert to West African Paganism.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Throwing in with the CYMRU FURY. Ruler's name is Rubber Johnny.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

As funny as I think making Grey Hunter play Ghana is I don't know if I have the patience to read a hundred posts of nothing happening/1 update where the Umayyads stomp his poo poo in in 5 years.

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Die Essensrationen wurden verdoppelt!
Die Anzahl der Torpedos wurde verdoppelt!
I'm not sure if I can make a second submission, but:

Queen Barbie Millicent Roberts, of __(location does not matter)__

The Glamorous Queen, She of Unearthly Beauty and Figure. Her ascendency to the Dream Castle throne caps a long career, one in which she has played many roles in life.

From being a mere consort to physician, explorer, warrior, teacher, to merchant, she has lead a varied life. Her geniality and hosting of grand parties ability has lead to her strong Diplomatic skills; and despite how many other kingdoms surround her mock a land run by a woman, she is a strong warrior woman, leading the charge astride her magic war horse. However, her stewardship is sometimes called into question during her many shopping trips that drain much of the royal treasury. She has a fair bit of learning, though her studies of the mathematical arts was filled with complaints that "it was hard".

With her royal consort, Ken, she is the start of a new era for her kingdom.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Clayren posted:

Alternatively you could resist the siren call of the joke option and play a Zoroastrian ruler out east and get to make some "marrying your sister" jokes.

Yes, please.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Also voting for being welsh.

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
Not yet, you haven't.

Grey Hunter posted:

Voting will then be done on this sheet

When you put in a contender, please put his name in bold in one of the columns. Tehn if you wish to vote for that character, put your user
name below it – You can change your vote and vote for your own guy, but this method stops me having the trawl the thread for votes, and stops it being cluttered up.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Don't you just love it when goons get together to populate a shared spreadsheet?

Scroll down after you vote

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

i poo poo trains posted:

As funny as I think making Grey Hunter play Ghana is I don't know if I have the patience to read a hundred posts of nothing happening/1 update where the Umayyads stomp his poo poo in in 5 years.

In CK2, West Africa's actually a pretty interesting place, especially in the 867 start. And I'd assume going into EU4/Vicky 2 he'd be Westernized/Civilized or otherwise mod the penalties for not being white to be less harsh.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

West Africa would be great, because that's one place where I am quite sure none of these Mega LPs has ever given a proper treatment.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
You know what would be great? Finnish pagans. They're always the underdogs. But I can't come up with any goony hilarity to support my concept :(

Come on! Sticks in the hair! Hunt elk! Sit in saunas! PERKELE!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Bobfly posted:

You know what would be great? Finnish pagans. They're always the underdogs. But I can't come up with any goony hilarity to support my concept :(

Come on! Sticks in the hair! Hunt elk! Sit in saunas! PERKELE!

Fingerpori.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

You should play as Wales and use political marriages to inherit Ghana. Or vice versa. Then conquer south from Wales and north from Ghana until you meet in the middle and finally have a place to put the capital.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Also voting for being welsh.

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012
Why not attempt to reform the Roman Empire as a Roman count?

• Locked thread