Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Urgh what will playing on the British Isles look like in late CK/early EU, I can't imagine it being much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I vote for:

Ffwyld Ap Owyn, King of the Brythons!

Ghana sounds interesting, but it's less fun when you're mostly unfamiliar with the real-life history.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Getting close! Everyone get your votes on the spreadsheet. I would certainly say whichever happens, lets try to arrive at some kind of compromise where we'll all be happy.

Edit: like a black king of Wales.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 5, 2013

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Duke Petty King Cnut of Jylland

Proud, Brave, Ambitious, Honest, Lustful

He has long had one overwhelming ambition, to bring a few thousand buddies and settle down in North Norse Africa

I realize it's probably too late to get a majority for this, but I love raiding, and Barbary Vikings sounds fun.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I vote for The Welsh, West African King of Ghana

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Never lock that spreadsheet. Once the LP gets going, it will become a tapestry of the latest Grey Hunter saga.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

AfroSquirrel posted:

Never lock that spreadsheet.

I agree, this LP is highly addictive already.

Stalingrad
Feb 5, 2011

I suggest a West African ruler, but all wives and concubines must be Welsh for the entirety of the game.

Stalingrad fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 6, 2013

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

lenoon posted:

Getting close! Everyone get your votes on the spreadsheet. I would certainly say whichever happens, lets try to arrive at some kind of compromise where we'll all be happy.

Edit: like a black king of Wales.

Make that a black, Jewish king of Wales.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Sammy daffyfs junior?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Be Zoroastrian, restore the persian empire and enlighten the world for a thousand years.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

lenoon posted:

Sammy daffyfs junior?

Nah.

Matisyahussein O'Bama.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I'm still undecided between "Welsh king of Ghana" or "Ghanan king of Wales." Anyone care to convince me?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Patter Song posted:

I'm still undecided between "Welsh king of Ghana" or "Ghanan king of Wales." Anyone care to convince me?

Alternatively, Welsh king of Wales that happens to be Ghanian Pagan.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013

Patter Song posted:

A Ghanan King of Wales could be Morgan Freeman, while a Welsh king of Ghana would be a kind of Tarzan, or a "white man's burden" thing. Which do you think is better?

Gygaxian fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 6, 2013

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that the GRAND grand campaign of CK2 from Old Gods start date is nearly 600 years and we're not even going to see the Mongols for over 3 centuries. Buckle in for the long haul guys...there's a lot of gameplay before we get to EU4.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Important question: will this be with or without Sunset Invasion?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A galley headed towards Byzantium was ransacked by pirates, its passengers and crew enslaved. Among them were several Welsh monks, on a mission to establish a connection with scholars of the East, and hopefully to reinforce knowledge of Greek texts in the fledgling Welsh monastic community.

As slaves, these monks, assumed by their captors to be quite worthless because of their unintelligible language and weak physique, were marshaled along trade routes until in Ghana an educated Arabian courtier in service of local aristocracy recognized that these mysterious pale men from distant Europa were fluent in classical languages, and even better - were literate. And so they were purchased, partly as a trophy for royal amusement, partly to utilize their skills in a region that remained largely ignorant of the great progress made in the neighboring regions towards restoration of ancient knowledge.

Ultimately, the monks became true celebrities, who used their eloquence, knowledge, rich imagination, and art of illustration / illuminaton, to enchant the entire upper class of Ghana with stories about a wonderful land known as Wa-Les. They spun tales of its unrivaled natural beauty, of its exotic animals and plants, of its mighty fortresses, and most importantly - of its spirit.

In the opulent court of Ghana, Wa-Les became known as a symbol of purity, a place where men threw away the corrupting burden of wealth, which they deemed an infantile aspiration, and instead reformed the very fabric of their community according to immaterial ideas of love and grace. It became a Shangri-La for entire generations of Ghana's wise men, the most valued topic among her dabbling philosophers, and many esteemed persons spent their wealth researching the possibilities of its existence, speculating about its nature, and trying to emulate the virtuous life it represented, hoping to be rewarded - in accordance with the cosmological system taught by the pale scholars - with the same natural harmony that ruled throughout Wa-Les' lush green expanses.

Ultimately, a king rose to the throne for whom the quest to reach Wa-Les was a natural priority. He added the title "Master of The Red Dragon And the Golden Sheep" to his name, and decided to abandon life of debauchery and ostentatious luxury, typical of Ghana's ruling elites, and instead directed Ghana's mighty stream of gold towards the goal of making an epic journey into the heart of Europa, to rest his feet on the sacred soil of the legendary land.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 6, 2013

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Without, he said.

And yeah, starting at 800whatever is actually fairly boring after a while, I've found. I think my Norse English playthrough is probably my least favorite of the three playthroughs I've really stuck with.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
This is probably too late to make a difference, but pick something tiny, helpless and Polish to go with the thread banner (or whatever you kids call it).

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

The Sandman posted:

Important question: will this be with or without Sunset Invasion?

Answered in the OP.

Grey Hunter posted:

I'll be playing the base game, so I can make use of the CKII-EUIV converter. I won't be using the Sunset invasion, as I don't own it and it can be a quick end if your in the wrong place.

I say start in the Magyars and see how far you can get.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

AfroSquirrel posted:

Never lock that spreadsheet. Once the LP gets going, it will become a tapestry of the latest Grey Hunter saga.

Well, some people have to much time on their hands.

Also, we have something of a problem. It seems that you lot can't read some simple instructions!

You see, I didn't say vote for a country, I said vote for a country AND a character. and although Ghana is winning, I have no idea who I would be playing!

Get a bloody character suggestion in!

Stupid newbies

On the other hand, if CKII+ works with the converter, I shall be moving over to that!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 6, 2013

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

Well, some people have to much time on their hands.

Also, we have something of a problem. It seems that you lot can't read some simple instructions!

You see, I didn't say vote for a country, I said vote for a country AND a character. and although Ghana is winning, I have no idea who I would be playing!

Get a bloody character suggestion in!

Stupid newbies

On the other hand, if CKII+ works with the converter, I shall be moving over to that!

To be fair, on page 2 people hadn't even realised there was a spreadsheet :p

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
I like the idea of getting in early on the Welsh train.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

To be fair, on page 2 people hadn't even realised there was a spreadsheet :p

Yeah, am I really THAT bad at spelling?

Screw it, I'm going back and putting sirens by it.

:siren: Votes in this thread count for nothing, stop posting them!:siren: The whole point of the sheet is to stop pages of votes!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 6, 2013

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

No matter who you'll start out as, it'll be pretty drat refreshing to see a mega-LP centered on Africa.

I love Paradox games, but 99% of the time it's Eurocentrism 101.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Comrade Koba posted:

No matter who you'll start out as, it'll be pretty drat refreshing to see a mega-LP centered on Africa.

I love Paradox games, but 99% of the time it's Eurocentrism 101.

And the other 1% of the time it's somewhere in the middle-east. No love for Africa.

Africa was the cradle of our entire goddamn species we should pay it a little more respect :colbert:

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Die Essensrationen wurden verdoppelt!
Die Anzahl der Torpedos wurde verdoppelt!

Neruz posted:

And the other 1% of the time it's somewhere in the middle-east. No love for Africa.

Africa was the cradle of our entire goddamn species we should pay it a little more respect :colbert:

I just like Ethiopia (Abyssinia) because it's thought that humans first appeared as a species in Ethiopia. So in a way, all humans began as Ethiopian. Even the Welsh are Ethiopians too!

But I'd be willing to rewrite my first suggestion to Ghana so long as we get something other than Welsh.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Vaga42Bond posted:

I just like Ethiopia (Abyssinia) because it's thought that humans first appeared as a species in Ethiopia. So in a way, all humans began as Ethiopian. Even the Welsh are Ethiopians too!

But I'd be willing to rewrite my first suggestion to Ghana so long as we get something other than Welsh.

Honestly I don't particularly mind where exactly; I think it would just be really nice to see a Paradox game started from Africa because nobody ever starts in Africa.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I voted for Bolazhd, but only if we can be as yiddish as is humanly possible.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like someone added the DHS word watch list, and Grey lives overseas. Welcome to the NSA database, y'all.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

You know, seeing Ghana overtake wales would make me sad, if it wasn't for the excellent spreadsheet. I can clearly see that we all had nothing better to do on saturday night.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Voting, Such as it was, is now over.

You guys suck at following instructions, so We shall be Dongu Ogoona of Ghana!

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Grey Hunter posted:

[b]Voting, Such as it was, is now over.[b]

And you suck at BBcode :v:

Also yay! Ghana power!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

Ghana ghana ghana get you!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Grey Hunter posted:

Yet the sheet is still a vibrant, evolving organism.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

Grey Hunter posted:

Use the Welsh Arms anyway, just because (plain layout, slot 19, colour 1 as 2, colour 2 as 12, and emblem 21).

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

steinrokkan posted:

Yet the sheet is still a vibrant, evolving organism.

Whoever is drawing the dick on the mario part of the sheet is a terrible person.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Neruz posted:

Whoever is drawing the dick on the mario part of the sheet is a terrible person.

It now appears to be a steel cock rocket. Which is slightly better, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Grey Hunter posted:

Hooray! We have triumphed over what would be the millionth Paradox game set in the British Isles! Glory to Ogoona of Ghana!

• Locked thread