Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

No matter who you'll start out as, it'll be pretty drat refreshing to see a mega-LP centered on Africa.

I love Paradox games, but 99% of the time it's Eurocentrism 101.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Readingaccount posted:

And marry a diligent and gregarious Welsh girl who raises our children. :D

Dongu II ap Ffrlwncwnnwn, Scourge of Christendom

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Espy posted:

I just don't understand this dumb Welsh obsession.

There's this impression that playing what's usually thought of as an rear end-backwards rural shithole and turning it into a world-spanning empire is somehow new, hilarious and exciting.

I've seen about 5-8 Wales LP's, and almost all of them did inevitably collapse into self-referential in-jokes and LOL SHEEPFUCKERY!!!11!!.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Espy posted:

Ghana is cool despite lack of knowledge on its history, such an unstudied history thanks to western bullshit. This LP banter could easily turn racist from posters if people aren't careful :v:

Sorry, should've clarified - Ghana is indeed cool. As I said before I don't think I've ever seen an Africa-themed LP that wasn't a zany comedy option kind of thing lasting all of three in-game years.

Playing some random underdeveloped European count(r)y and leading them to ~GLORIOUS WORLD DOMINATION~ isn't cool, because it's been done to death over and over again.

EDIT: I guess I just get annoyed that Paradox LP's always turn into European History (But With More Wars!) - The Videogame. The grand scope of the games coupled with the modability could potentially turn into great things. Instead, we get Steppe Wolfe and endless flamewars on the historicity of the Grand Empire of Serbia.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 6, 2013

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

Quit gettin' mad at video games

Video games are sweet, I get mad at the people playing them. :v:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Mr. Safe posted:

Under what circumstances would we start EU4 as westernized?

I think it's more of a question which European nations will start as Africanized. :smugbert:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I fully support (eventually) converting to Islam, if we have to. At least we'll have religious precedent for sporting a magnificent neckbeard. :v:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Neruz posted:

Either way it's Ogoonsomething so it's extremely appropriate.

I vote we name our next Mansa either Dickbutt Dhîkbút or GBS Djibbis. :colbert:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Vaga42Bond posted:

Now I have a glorious vision of our current Mansa sitting at a table with whatever locally passes for cheetos, mountain dew, and pizza, yelling at the kids to not touch his dice, and painting his wooden soldiers.

I mean, he even has a beard! :allears:

I think there should be some sort of province improvement that we could construct in order to show proper devotion to Ghana's new national pastime. Perhaps some kind of... "game workshop" :v:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Drone posted:

A tabletop RPG LP set in the Ogoonuverse.

The Call of Ogoonhu

The Mansa in Yellow

At the Mountains of Mecca

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Dwarsen posted:

I agree, change their tag to Sweden. :)

Swedenmark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

vyelkin posted:

The LP will never end. Next Grey will switch to Fallout as humans try to survive in the wasteland that was once Ghana.

The Snake in the Vault

• Locked thread