Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Patter Song posted:

I'm still undecided between "Welsh king of Ghana" or "Ghanan king of Wales." Anyone care to convince me?

Alternatively, Welsh king of Wales that happens to be Ghanian Pagan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What's Europe looking like, so far?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

OwlFancier posted:

I'm wondering if the country will end up a democracy by default at this rate.

And then, both candidates for president are Ogoonas.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RagnarokZ posted:

Uhh, what famous naval battles of the Cold War?

He could always lay claim to the Falklands or some far-off island chain, and send ships to defend his claim.

Or have a European power claim the Canary Islands.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Scintilla posted:

You also get unique National Ideas if you go into EU4 with the Empire of Mali formed, including one which references the mad Mansa who sailed off into the Atlantic and never came back.

Well this about wraps it up. Mali.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ManicMarine posted:

Also, i feel like we need to break the empire into at least 3 parts before we go to EUIV. Being a superpower at the start of EUIV will make for some boring gameplay.

That really depends on whether we fall into the Latin or even Muslim tech group at the start. Knowing Paradox, we'll likely start out in the African one, which is significantly more challenging.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

All of the EU games have dealt with malaria by not letting you colonize far into the malarial parts of Africa.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Defensive, it seems like it's always been our weakest area.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Renkyn posted:

can afford to throw men at the enemy

Which hasn't panned out for us so far, just imagine how crushing it'll be when the unit gap widens.

edit: If we don't take the Norwegian colonies someone else will (provided that they don't have allies, of course). Also we need to Westernize like crazy, this is the right time to do it before the Europeans get too much of an advantage on us.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 16, 2014

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hey Grey, what is the map looking like, culturally? Have things changed that much over the course of the campaign?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Union Jacques, if you will.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Neruz posted:

Ghana is ludicrously progressive. When the Snake in the Well decided to take up those new Western ideals it didn't half-rear end it; if Ghana is going to be a Western country then it's going to be the best Western Country, Ghana shall be even more Western than the West itself!

Well, Ghana did start in West Africa, after all.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

i81icu812 posted:

So outside of Perth, we have the entirely useless part of Australia? Great.

All the more reason to conquer the good parts, then.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Move it out of Africa, there's nothing wrong with editing the game a little to make the map make sense. Also yeah, you should totally move it to Mecca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

As always throughout history, Ghana prevails. Whether it's the North Africans, the Romans, the Scandinavians, or the evil insects from space, Ghana prevails. Great job, Grey Hunter!

• Locked thread