Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Bolazhd har'Djiiz, Khazarian Khount.

A man of many names, he was forced to settle down after a mutiny left him with little more than a single warehouse and a handful of mooks to his name. Fortunately, he likes gefilte fish, so he expects to fit right in with his new home.

Traits: Strong, Tall, Lustful, whichever of the martial education traits he can afford without making him older than his mid-twenties.

Religion: Judaism

Culture: Dutch

Stats: 1 in everything except Military, pump the point savings into that. :black101:

Yes, this is mainly a reference, where it isn't an attempt to make Grey conquer the world for Judaism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

lenoon posted:

Getting close! Everyone get your votes on the spreadsheet. I would certainly say whichever happens, lets try to arrive at some kind of compromise where we'll all be happy.

Edit: like a black king of Wales.

Make that a black, Jewish king of Wales.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

lenoon posted:

Sammy daffyfs junior?

Nah.

Matisyahussein O'Bama.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Important question: will this be with or without Sunset Invasion?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Hogge Wild posted:

Remove Cornish pasty.

But then won't the Cornish strippers be violating decency ordinances?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Well, since you can't beat Gao on the battlefield, you'll just have to try to inherit them instead.

Or at least slowly usurp all their valuable holdings out from under them via claimants.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Grey, just out of curiosity, have you considered the potential benefits of assassinating enemy army commanders as soon as they go into battle? Especially if they're good at it.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Neruz posted:

Woohoo things are heating up in North Africa, the Snake in the Well is showing its bite.

And by "Well" we mean "trousers", and by "Snake" we mean...

Yeah, I think you can guess. I mean, what else would the Ogoonu line worship?

Especially given that spreading reverence for the mighty Trouser Snake of Ghana far and wide is currently the thing we're best at.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

ChrisAsmadi posted:

We must push onwards and refound the city of Carthage!

Carthago esse restitutam?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

fermun posted:

Truly the Well Snake is a powerful god, turning back time itself when things went badly.

Is not one of the traditional symbols of time the Ouroboros?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So it should be, what, another decade or so before the Mongols show up and start ruining everyone's poo poo?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Readingaccount posted:

Did Aquitaine lose parts of Iberia from the civil war?

And Grey, remove all non-Ogoonu nobles already.
I wonder how many dynasty members have the kinslayer title...

Just force matrilineal marriages to extinguish all non-Ogoonu noble family lines within Ghana Goona.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm matralinally marrying every woman in the family, but the Chiefs are either already Ogoonu or not having any of it. if I get a crazy Mansa then I'm going to go full nepotism :)

IIRC, can't you force any marriage you want on somebody who's in your court?

Just invite their heirs and then Ogoonu-fy them.

Or invite the second/third-in-line, assuming this doesn't work with the immediate heir. Ogoonu-fy them, then :ese: everybody between the newly-Ogoonu'd noble and the title you want them to pick up.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

ManicMarine posted:

It's pretty unusual for someone to agree to come to your court unless they think you can press their claim. And even then they have to like you.

Huh, for some reason I thought that if they were already your vassals or the vassals of some dude who's your vassal (and not actively ruling something, I suppose) they didn't have a choice in the matter. It's just not something that comes up often because usually you're trying to invite foreigners to your court so that you can justify invading somebody.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
The liberation of Mecca shall be what propels us to explore as-yet unknown lands. After all, right now we'd have to march across the blasted wastelands of Tripolitania, Cyrenaica and Egypt, with only the Nile Delta as a brief interlude of fertile soil, before we can march into the blasted wastelands of the Sinai and Arabia on our way to the Hedjaz.

But what if we came by sea instead? We know that Mecca is near the coast of the Red Sea, and that the Red Sea in turn empties into the vast Indian Ocean. We know that our own glorious African homeland lies near another coast, and that our coast continues far to the south. Perhaps, by following the coast far enough south, we might reach a point where it turns north again, and thereby sail all the way to our rightful Meccan holdings with a grand Repossession Army.

We'll need a decent navy anyway in order to conquer Scandinavia. Why conquer those frozen mountains and angry Norsemen, you ask? Well, just look at the shape of the Scandinavian Penisula and its Finnish scrotum. It was obviously meant to be ruled over by the most devoted followers of the Snake in the Well.

Yes, the misspelling of "peninsula" was intentional.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
But what would we build such a fleet out of? I'm not sure they even know what trees are in that part of the world.

Besides, only the rawest and most callow Ogoonu youth would assume that merely one hard thrust towards the target would achieve the desired results. No, a wise and experienced Ogoonu knows that, while the front should of course not be neglected, it is the thrusts from behind that turn even the most hardened opponent's knees to jelly at the climax of a long campaign.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Hey, it's not my fault that Scandinavia looks like the world's biggest dong. :colbert:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Become Mali, edit the save file to change our name to Ghoona.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Time to start murdering our way through the Abbasids, I think.

Is there any way we can get a Great Holy War declared for Egypt?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Bot 02 posted:

Poor timing then, as EUIV is a game all about expansion. :v:

It's most definitely time to look southward, though.

Which is funny when you consider the amount of time this LP has already spent focusing on our southern reaches.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Zebrin posted:

Old Man Henderson is just funny, disruptive as gently caress, but creative about it in ways that I encourage when I play as GM. So many plot paths you could pull off with what this guy did...

Now imagine a campaign with both him and Boxcar Joe.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

veekie posted:

A huge mass of fossilized, well roasted cows. Perfectly preserved by the lack of oxygen.

Ah yes, the famed tallow mines of the upper Niger.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Maybe replace some of the heir chance boost with a boost to our advisor selection, to represent the fecundity of the Ogoonu line?

Especially since we're in Africa and thus are probably getting hosed over where advisors are concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Sindai posted:

It's entirely possible to end CK2 with the Kingdom of X and the Duchy of X as the primary titles of separate, independent rulers, so the automatic converter gives them the same name in EU4.

There is some historical precedent for this. See: the County and Duchy of Burgundy.

• Locked thread