Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Urgh what will playing on the British Isles look like in late CK/early EU, I can't imagine it being much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

AfroSquirrel posted:

Never lock that spreadsheet.

I agree, this LP is highly addictive already.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Cornwall is Serbia.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

1stGear posted:

Look, I'm just saying that those people should go back to America Aztlán where they came from.

No Sunset Invasion though in this playthrough :waycool:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Bloodly posted:

No race's history will ever willingly admit that something was better than it. It's always something else up to and including 'the will of *Deity* punishing us'.

What.

No.

Believe it or not there are places in the world where they actually try to present something of a 'nuanced' take on history, even while educating 15 year-olds.

What the gently caress are you on about wrt 'race' anyway?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

JGBeagle posted:

I hate American education. I've learned more from Wikipedia than I ever did in school.

Neruz posted:

It's just tragic how poor the history education is in current schools. I'd imagine it's even worse in Murikah.

Pimpmust posted:

Considering my own mandatory history education consisted of like 2 weeks of "the Crusades" to cover this period, with the rest being covered on the side by Crusader Kings 1, before like jumping into the battle of Lützen... too much history to go around, too little history education time :saddowns:

Ratoslov posted:

Man, you got anything about The Crusades? I just got some generalized 'Dark ages' stuff before we hit the Rennaisance in, like, a week or two and a smash-and-grab on the Enlightenment to grab Locke and Hobbes on the way to American History. :patriot:

JGBeagle posted:

Be glad you even got to learn about vikings.

I hope all of you went on to get your Masters in preferably Non-Western History to right these wrongs :unsmigghh:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

No this is really informative! It's interesting to see how your experience mirrors a number of developments in the teaching of history in the Dutch school system: thorough but eurocentric, rehashing of subjects, competition from non-traditional classes in HS ('Water - the wonder of nature' - lmao, I feel your pain), etc.

Something that's felt way more egregious than what was taught during primary and secondary ed was how limited the opportunities for non-Western coursework were during undergrad History.

Which is why LPs like this one are a great way to catch up on more... non-traditional subjects I guess.

Great work so far Grey and see you next week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Literally quoting lolpics.se

• Locked thread