Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Also this adorable murder:

E: Sleeping Dogs update on the previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I don't know how far ahead you have recorded, but you missed some stuff in the vox secret room. There is an open safe by the table in the middle of the room. Also a lock pick under one of the slot machines in the other building.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

This is how Winston's wedding should have gone.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

ThornBrain posted:

Wei Shen: Winston

Look at what I forgot to upload for two months.
Firstly I actually really love that race against Hotshot just because gently caress you he is such an rear end in a top hat. Also I love the song that played during that part, My Drum Machine by Lorn I think.

Secondly, what the gently caress how did you do that with the bike valet, that was amazing. :allears: Mrs. Chu does not gently caress around and it was this that made me love her as one badass mama.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Slate? SLAAAAAAATE!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Slate? SLAAAAAAATE!
Elizabeth's line about the puppy is, in my opinion, the perfect summarisation of her personality. It's naively innocent yet at the same time very independent and surprisingly fitting for how short-sighted the people of Columbia are for basically wanting the same sort of entitlement in one sentence.

It speaks a lot about both her as someone realising the unfairness of this world, and the people around her as people far too naive to comprehend greater turns of events. Maybe I'm just reading too much but I just really loved that line in particular. Also yeah Hall of Heroes is the most goddamn uncomfortable place to be in at first but the ludicrousness actually works for me here as being more of a nightmarishly warped vision of the world overexaggerated to the point of well, a nightmare would be.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: Doctor

That screencap ended up being more perfect for that than I expected.

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
Damnit, Wei! Why did you have to peak on the 9th episode of the LP? How are you going to top this?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
With the even funnier next two parts.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Wei Shen: Doctor

That screencap ended up being more perfect for that than I expected.
I am disappointed none of you said "Wei's Anatomy"...but I do agree we'd have a lot less crying and a lot less "the more I watch this show the more unlikeable they become" syndrome.

So, do you ever like, need a taxi really badly and you JUST see one before it drives the gently caress off away from you, but when you never need one they're like loving everywhere?
Or is that just me?

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT

FinalGamer posted:

I am disappointed none of you said "Wei's Anatomy"...but I do agree we'd have a lot less crying and a lot less "the more I watch this show the more unlikeable they become" syndrome.

So, do you ever like, need a taxi really badly and you JUST see one before it drives the gently caress off away from you, but when you never need one they're like loving everywhere?
Or is that just me?

Oh yeah, totally. Those taxi drivers are dicks.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang, focus is lasting even longer now? I could swear you had quite a few seconds of focus even after you vaulted on flat ground. Wonder how long it lasts now.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
drat it, man! Give me your motorcycle! I'm a DOCTOR drat IT!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: Red Pole

We get properly initiated into the Sun On Yee, and Jackie's life goes to poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

slycooper20 posted:

Damnit, Wei! Why did you have to peak on the 9th episode of the LP? How are you going to top this?

ThornBrain posted:

With the even funnier next two parts.

Oh my god, you weren't joking. Holy poo poo.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

You really should have got Uncle Po a J. Jiggler (tm) Jersey so he gets super rad Face and recover in like no time.

I like Jackie, he's kind of a dumb poo poo but a well-meaning dumb poo poo, he doesn't deserve a lot of the crap that gets dumped on him and in the end he's just your best friend who'll do anything to help you while also failing at it.
He reminds me a lot of Larry Butz from Phoenix Wright. A loveable failure that means way too well but never gets quite that far. And to be fair, he DID manage to punch that one guy out right before you went and faced Yung so he CAN punk a bitch. Just that poo poo got really bad for him :( dammit.

...I did not know there was such a screen for that...part, oh my god that is loving brilliant :allears: also all the music is actual licensed, except all of the music on Softly which is all original music by the game's composers.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Jackie suffers from "drat I thought it would be good to be a gangster" syndrome.

ares5566
Dec 14, 2012

I'm out there clicking cookies 8 hours a day, so that you can have a roof over your head and food on your table.
And this is the thanks I get?!
There actually is a tournament arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ymwd6sObC8

It's pretty hilarious.

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
Man, the first thing I thought when you started tanking in karaoke was that you almost sounded Fi-ish.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ares5566 posted:

There actually is a tournament arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ymwd6sObC8

It's pretty hilarious.
...oh my loving god I need to download this :stare: this is like loving Enter the Dragon and I loving love this poo poo.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think the reason I love Sleeping Dogs so much is that it lets you choose your tone, something a lot of sandbox games don't really allow (Saints Row 2 and to an extent 4 do, though as a superpower sandbox that's sort of in its own category). You're in this really intense story of violence and loyalty and violence and coping with an ambiguous upbringing and violence, but in between all the snapped legs and swordfish related murder is karaoke and goofy outfits and the fact that if you do a wheelie on a motorcycle into oncoming traffic you will straight up ramp some cars. Letting little bits of sillyness that the player can find and embrace makes for genuine contrast when the more shocking stuff happens, and it's spaced out well enough that it does make an impact and create the sense that Wei is in too deep.

In case you couldn't tell, this is straight up my favourite (non superpower) GTA-like ever, barring maybe Saints Row 2 :allears:

e: also the fact that the ridiculous action-hijack button doubles as a button to let me hit motorcyclists and pedestrians with the car door. This should be in every game, regardless of genre.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 2, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I would like to see you guys comment on the tournament arc.

Poor Jackie. Who will be our relatable street-level thug now?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I love how you can leap out of your car onto the back roof of others. Really T-1000 that poo poo.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I have to say this, of three DLCs, I liked the tournament the least. That being said, I still liked it, but not as much as the toher two.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Without spoiling anything, Travis told me today that he recorded through to the end of the story for Sleeping Dogs, so we have just a handful of parts left now. But he's also doing the DLC, so we still have plenty of ridiculous forthcoming.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Without spoiling anything, Travis told me today that he recorded through to the end of the story for Sleeping Dogs, so we have just a handful of parts left now. But he's also doing the DLC, so we still have plenty of ridiculous forthcoming.
Oh thank GOD we can all enjoy the madness, I wanna buy the DLCs too after seeing that trailer :allears:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

ThornBrain posted:

Is it weird if I say I have wood now?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Not at all, given that the other 2 dlc chapters are somehow even more ridiculous than the Zodiac tournament. One has the best character who we haven't seen yet feeding us antifreeze and the other has Wei Shen declare war on a holiday.

e: oh, and here's something neat that came out before the game, chronicling the 63rd most brutal fight that Wei Shen has been in. Nothing to do with the game, but I like to think that it happened while Wei was in America.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 4, 2014

ares5566
Dec 14, 2012

I'm out there clicking cookies 8 hours a day, so that you can have a roof over your head and food on your table.
And this is the thanks I get?!
I didn't like year of the snake too much. I would say that Nightmare and wheels of fury are both on par with zodiac though.

FinalGamer posted:

Oh thank GOD we can all enjoy the madness, I wanna buy the DLCs too after seeing that trailer :allears:

If you have it on steam the dlc pack goes down to like 9 bucks on sale. And there is like another half a game's worth of content there.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26227/

ThornBrain posted:

Can't wait, You guys are doing a great job with it. I've found myself dying laughing every episode so far.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: Banana
Or Bruce Lee apparently. Someone like that.

Also this is the single funniest video we've ever done. Do watch this one uncut.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I happened to be cruising Youtube when this went up, but the first cutscene told me that I had to wait for the uncut version.

I'm so glad I did, that was magical :swoon: Shame that King drops out of the game after this, but he will always live on in our hearts. I just love how much this game isn't afraid of having fun with itself, and it always seems to produce the best little glitches and AI hiccups. As demonstrated here, minor dlc spoilers but the first thirty seconds are the good bit and pretty spoiler free.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I recently got my own copy of Sleeping Dogs. Have some Bathos.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

I recently got my own copy of Sleeping Dogs. Have some Bathos.
That cop did not give a gently caress, literally. :downs: He knew not to get involved in that poo poo, like "long as no one bumps into me or pulls out a gun, not my problem!"

Also goddammit you made me love King as the best loving character you ever spun out now. THis really was your best drat video it has all the perfect elements of StrawhatNO, can you make this your subscribe channel trailer?

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 11, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
One time, you need to Banana when you're out on a date. Just for the sheer spectacle.

Epee Em
Jan 16, 2010

:fuckthis:
So wait, we have ourselves Wei Shen, who has been....Wei Shen, or in other words, a master of martial arts and street fighting, improvising with whatever's around him, Winston, a banana, Dr. Cop (presumably he's pen pals with Axe Cop), a ladykiller, various types of Triad member, and a double agent.

We also have ourselves King, who is the Hong Kong heir to the Dynasty of Strange Interpretations bloodline and kind of just warps reality in whatever way is most amusing at the moment.

This sounds a bit familiar.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: Feng Shui Expert

Alternately - Wei Shen: Feng Shui Disaster or Feng Shui Bastard

Two more parts, and we'll be done with the story. Then it's on to the DLC.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 26, 2014

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Epee Em posted:

So wait, we have ourselves Wei Shen, who has been....Wei Shen, or in other words, a master of martial arts and street fighting, improvising with whatever's around him, Winston, a banana, Dr. Cop (presumably he's pen pals with Axe Cop), a ladykiller, various types of Triad member, and a double agent.

Dr. Cop's more likely to be penpals with Dr. McNinja, I think.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Wei Shen: Feng Shui Expert

Alternately - Wei Shen: Feng Shui Disaster or Feng Shui Bastard

Two more parts, and we'll be done with the story. Then it's on to the DLC.
This is the best loving mission :allears: Old Salty Crab is one of my absolute favourite characters and he's such a jolly old soul. He's like a drunk mall santa who kinda weirds you out cuz he keeps eyeing your rear end, but you like him so much that you just let him anyway.
This was a hilarious mission to do, I even have a save file kept just before this to replay it again. Also, did anyone notice how you got HUGE points on your Triad score for MISCHIEF?!
Like "oh yeah sure you burned a guy's face off in an incinerator but CHECK OUT WEI SHEN HE JUST REPROGRAMMED SOME DUDE'S CLOCK THE WRONG TIME :lol:"

By the way Yoshi's recording on Punch-Out looked super-good! Can't wait to see the LP!

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

ThornBrain posted:

Wei Shen: Banana
Or Bruce Lee apparently. Someone like that.

Also this is the single funniest video we've ever done. Do watch this one uncut.

I'm horribly late with this, but what ever happened to Dunkaroos? They were everywhere when I was little, now I can't find them anywhere. Those things were amazing.

Edit: Also in part 12, the reason Wei doesn't take a boat to follow Ilyana is presumably because it would be drat suspicious if the guy took her and then you just immediately tailed him in plain sight to where he was going. Whereas going by motorbike he won't see you, and then you can get a boat to get to where his place is once he's arrived and you know its location. So that makes some sense. Now, why you didn't just go buy some fancy cell phone or something and bug it and use that as the bet instead of a person, I have no idea. Because excitement, I would bet.

Also, Salty reminds me a lot of Ziggy from The Dagger of Amun Ra.

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Shoeless posted:

Edit: Also in part 12, the reason Wei doesn't take a boat to follow Ilyana is presumably because it would be drat suspicious if the guy took her and then you just immediately tailed him in plain sight to where he was going. Whereas going by motorbike he won't see you, and then you can get a boat to get to where his place is once he's arrived and you know its location. So that makes some sense. Now, why you didn't just go buy some fancy cell phone or something and bug it and use that as the bet instead of a person, I have no idea. Because excitement, I would bet.

With Ilyana he's more likely to go straight to where he's keeping the rest of the girls to drop her off.

• Locked thread