Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It'll be interesting to see your collaborative take on this. Seems like the missions are designed to give you on average two shields (because you're bound to gently caress up and clip someone) and two triangles (unless you really milk for score), but it's odd that it adds up to so much more Triad experience than Face experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seriously, every tester?

I half wonder if you're intended to replay this game and see what happens if you do the other thing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can you end all the videos by running into traffic and dying horribly?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The Raven cult feels like it kind of got trotted out way early. You just walked in and punched out everybody, and they never really did a thing to you.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The bus mission was kind of hilarious. Passengers with absolutely no short-term memory.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

bunnyofdoom posted:

Travis! Silly man! You mucked up with the hacking the camera in the first few minutes of the video. When you were doing the 4th attempt, you put the 6 where it was shown to be in the wrong place already! Seriously, it was right there on the screen!

Man, I get angry about the weirdest poo poo.

And the 4! Don't forget the 4!

Still, though, kind of hilarious to see you miss three stars on a cop mission because you put a shoeprint on some dude's car roof.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, turning a motorbike into a freakin' self-propelled rocket with the action leap was pretty amazing.

Are you ever going to get the chance to use that to do anything more than make a big cloud of smoke in front of the semi that runs you over?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"You're a cop! You have to enforce the law!"

"So about those several dozen murders at the wedding-"

"God, stop getting so PERSONALLY INVOLVED."

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang, focus is lasting even longer now? I could swear you had quite a few seconds of focus even after you vaulted on flat ground. Wonder how long it lasts now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I would like to see you guys comment on the tournament arc.

Poor Jackie. Who will be our relatable street-level thug now?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
One time, you need to Banana when you're out on a date. Just for the sheer spectacle.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to the afterparty.

I guess they really wanted Sifu to talk things over with you at the end there, since all the jade statues were basically just sitting out in plot missions.

...which is weird that he never shows up in any of Wei's flashbacks.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. For a second there, I thought they were going to pull the old "it was all a drug trip" ending. Guess not!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder how people recognize Booker now. His hurt hand?

Must suck for the 25%* of people in Finkton maimed in industrial accidents.

*this number is completely made up

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Shoeless posted:

Wow, so you get spirit hands and a spirit sword? You really are in Yu Yu Hakusho! Just not as Yusuke.

When you go into Face Mode with a spirit sword, does the sword get longer? That'd pretty much seal the deal.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So has anyone ever served Bioshock cocktails? Seems like that would be a neat release event.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Actually I am really liking this cop thing you've got going on. Arrests and putting people in the back of squad cars and such.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kind of liked this "pure cop" DLC in its own way. Actually arresting people and following up on leads and suchlike.

...it would be kind of hilarious if this supposed doomsday cult was just smuggling in a bunch of unlicensed fireworks to "turn night into day" or whatever, but I suppose that doesn't fit well with them playing it straight. Well, as straight as a car bomb jumping into the river will let you play, anyhow.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Not surprised Elizabeth isn't really fazed by the spinal tap. Remember when you were shooting rockets and bullets through her like it weren't no thing?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

slycooper20 posted:

You know, after seeing all of the Bioshock games, it made me realize that they really had a hard-on for the "Hero Dies" trope. Every character you play as (outside of Bioshock 2's Minerva's Den DLC) dies at the end of the game.

I don't think the first Bioshock ended with an "and then you died right there". More like "years later on your deathbed, you see the world you made".

Though really I wonder what they're going to do for an encore in this DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

FinalGamer posted:

That was the loving best and I am so glad we got to see that played before us, gently caress that rear end in a top hat. gently caress him to hell. :)

You know, I always figured that Suchong either didn't know he'd actually succeeded or Tenenbaum did something behind his back. And... I suppose the first is true, just not in the way I wanted.

• Locked thread