Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

PriorMarcus posted:

Can you link the poor quality one too?
Be warned. It's probably a phone camera filming the tv showing the scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPVXzyC0sss

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Is there the scene where Walt runs the gangbanger down with his car?

Yep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiTZ1ULdHG4

I think they have uploaded a scene per episode (skipping a few of them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I want to see how Metastasis did the gunfight between Colombian Hank and the Nazis right-wing paramilitaries, but haven't found it yet.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still can't get over the fact that the lead character's name is Walter Blanco.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

I saw the first few episodes of Metastasis. It's shot-for-shot but at the same time they do really quick cuts with coverage from all angles. So I kept getting this weird effect of knowing that I'm watching the same show but feeling like a lot more has happened within the hourly format.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
e: im not smart

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

AbstractNapper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiTZ1ULdHG4

I think they have uploaded a scene per episode (skipping a few of them).

I'm glad they ruined it by not immediately ending the episode and instead showing jesse running.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The final episode, wow. What an amazing transformation for a character full of them.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Finally finished the final season.

The advantage to the American habit of prolonging shows for as long as they are profitable is that you begin to grow alongside of them and you really bloody feel a loss when they finally go (especially if they go before before they start to get a bit smelly)- I'm going to MISS Jesse and Walt.

That said it took me years to finally get through all the seasons just because it would get a bit silly and I'd lose interest for a while (the 2 mexican terminator-brothers, frigging Skeleton Fring, Jesse's nervous breakdowns/stupidity), and the disadvantage to the American habit of prolonging shows in this manner is that its really obvious when the writers have to change gears to wrap things up (Walt's heel turn from amoral scoundrel to pantomime villain, Jesse's aforementioned nervous breakdown).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Just got my 65 year old Mom watching the show. She's yelling at the TV already :allears:

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I'm glad they ruined it by not immediately ending the episode and instead showing jesse running.
"What do you mean, cut it there? How on earth will the audience know if he ran or not?"

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I'd bought a bottle of Dimple Pinch to have during the finale when it aired, and I finished it last night. I checked to see when Felina aired, and it turns out it was exactly one year ago yesterday. Happy anniversary, Breaking Bad being over.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Capntastic posted:

I'd bought a bottle of Dimple Pinch to have during the finale when it aired, and I finished it last night. I checked to see when Felina aired, and it turns out it was exactly one year ago yesterday. Happy anniversary, Breaking Bad being over.

To one of the best shows on television. Watching the finale live was an emotional rush that won't likely be matched any time soon.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Is there a thread for Better Call Saul yet? Because gently caress yes watch this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGsC_LO3oFY

Junior Brown rules. Better Call Saul is going to rule.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Is there a thread for Better Call Saul yet? Because gently caress yes watch this poo poo:

This looks good. It's got that surreal, slightly creepy feel that the Breaking Bad set-pieces had.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

To one of the best shows on television. Watching the finale live was an emotional rush that won't likely be matched any time soon.

Seriously, those final three episodes were god-tier television, especially watching it live. There was nothing like having that firefight cut to black and having to wait a week for Ozymandias to hit.

Blind Melon
Jan 3, 2006
I like fire, you can have some too.
Each episode felt like two hours while I was watching it, and like twenty minutes immediately after the cut to black.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Max posted:

Seriously, those final three episodes were god-tier television, especially watching it live. There was nothing like having that firefight cut to black and having to wait a week for Ozymandias to hit.

Ozymandias was sorta nuts, the total lack of pulled punches was almost physically painful. There were just so many major consequences that had been hanging in the air for so long throughout the series all falling down in one episode. Watching reruns of it still gives me goosebumps like crazy.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

That was amazing. There were five of us that got together for a finale party. As the closing credits rolled, it was just completely silent in the room. Nobody said a word until about ten minutes later, during the first commercial break of Talking Bad. It really was a cool experience.

And once we started talking, we all agreed that Chris Hardwick seriously killed the mood. "WALTER WHITE IS DEAD! JESSE PINKMAN IS FREE! BREAKING BAD IS OVER! THIS IS TALKING BAD!!!"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Brightman posted:

Ozymandias was sorta nuts, the total lack of pulled punches was almost physically painful. There were just so many major consequences that had been hanging in the air for so long throughout the series all falling down in one episode. Watching reruns of it still gives me goosebumps like crazy.

It was amazing how you kept thinking "how could this get worse" and then the show answered it over and over again until there was nothing left. Seriously, Walt standing over his family with a knife and the cops have just been called and I'm thinking "well, that's it, you gotta run" and then they pull the rug out from under you and Walt steals Holly.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can handle almost everything in Ozymandias but seeing Jesse on that loving leash breaks me.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Max posted:

It was amazing how you kept thinking "how could this get worse" and then the show answered it over and over again until there was nothing left. Seriously, Walt standing over his family with a knife and the cops have just been called and I'm thinking "well, that's it, you gotta run" and then they pull the rug out from under you and Walt steals Holly.

That was the one big thing I didn't expect. Someone in the family dying due to his actions? Check (Hank). Him losing his money? Check. Him telling Jesse about Jane? Check. Junior finding out? Check. Losing his family (via impromptu knife fight)? Check. Steal the baby? Wait, what? Time to start panicking. Then back on track with him having to run away at the end. I might be missing some points, but I think that's it.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I can handle almost everything in Ozymandias but seeing Jesse on that loving leash breaks me.

This hits harder for me now because the first time I was confusedly thinking, "What's so important about that boat, Jesse?" followed shortly by, "oh, not the boat. Okay..." :smith:

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

Not to mention the brilliance of the phone call scene in Ozymandias. God drat, that was such a fantastic moment, I was near tears.

I would always roll my eyes when people made too much of the whole Walter White/Heisenberg distinction but that one scene made me come around to that idea: Walter no longer feels any sort of attachment to the cruel persona he's created but he's ironically forced to play along to protect his family.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Any time I get some dust in my eye and I need to flush it out, I can just pull up Netflix, and get to the "You're never going to see Hank again" part of the phone call and instantly cry on command.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

RichardDunn posted:

That was amazing. There were five of us that got together for a finale party. As the closing credits rolled, it was just completely silent in the room. Nobody said a word until about ten minutes later, during the first commercial break of Talking Bad. It really was a cool experience.

And once we started talking, we all agreed that Chris Hardwick seriously killed the mood. "WALTER WHITE IS DEAD! JESSE PINKMAN IS FREE! BREAKING BAD IS OVER! THIS IS TALKING BAD!!!"

The only finale I see topping/matching it is Game of Thrones.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

CaptainHollywood posted:

Hold your horses here, GRRM isn't even close to finishing it. There is nothing suggesting he can write up a coherent and satisfying ending just yet. And if the show producers go ahead before the books, there's also nothing suggesting that the ending GRRM has told to them will be satisfying, there are simply too many unknowns

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

rawillkill posted:

Hold your horses here, GRRM isn't even close to finishing it. There is nothing suggesting he can write up a coherent and satisfying ending just yet. And if the show producers go ahead before the books, there's also nothing suggesting that the ending GRRM has told to them will be satisfying, there are simply too many unknowns

Actually....

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/19/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-ending/

quote:

“You know George’s ending for the saga. A lot of fans have wondered whether it’s going to pay off in a satisfying way. Non-specifically, do you feel the saga’s ending is creatively satisfying? Is it an ending you’re excited to work towards?”

Benioff: “Absolutely yes.”

Weiss: “100 percent.”

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

And they would say the ending isn't satisfying because... oh right

The fact that Winds STILL isn't out is not exactly promising. Also GRRM has already made one or two "gently caress yous" to Dan and Dave in Winds (which isn't even out yet, remember) because they keep saying they won't wait for him, so it's his way of getting back at them

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

CaptainHollywood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNU8blUwms

Vaall
Sep 17, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Holy gently caress this looks horrible. That song made me cringe.

http://news.moviefone.com/2014/06/03/vince-gilligan-better-call-saul-mistake/

Even Gilligan says he's worried about it and that the whole project is probably a mistake. Expect a mediocre & half-assed show at best.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Vaall posted:

Even Gilligan says he's worried about it and that the whole project is probably a mistake. Expect a mediocre & half-assed show at best.

Actually that video and song is awesome??

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Vaall posted:

Even if the show doesent work "half assed" isnt going to be the reason, you're not going to get a bunch of writers under pressure to do a follow up to one of the most critically acclaimed shows "half assing it".

Gilligans saying it might be a mistake because hes aware of living up to that pressure, not because hes hired a bunch of guys who are gonna be phoning it in.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Vaall posted:

Even Gilligan says he's worried about it and that the whole project is probably a mistake.

Song was awesome. It wasn't supposed to give you any clear indication about the series tone or story though. Just a (funny/cool) teaser to keep up the hype.

Gilligan worrying about the project being a mistake and thinking of a worst case scenario is a good thing -and that's really his tone in the linked article; he wants the project to be a good product, and he wants everything he can control to work as well as possible, and the rest will be up to the public's reception.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vaall posted:

Bah, read the post first and expected the poster to be Irish Joe. I'm disappointed.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My mind is loving blown.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

RichardDunn posted:

One of the reasons I never bother to watch the after-show discussion pieces for anything I remotely enjoy. They always seem more keen on just keeping post-show viewing figures than actually discussing anything that adds to the show.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes when rewatching later episodes I try to imagine them happening with Walt still having his Ned Flanders hair and mustache from the first few episodes and it's loving terrifying. I know that Walt keeping his goatee made sense since it played into his childish "I'm a loving badass" wish-fulfillment fantasies, but holy goddamn just try to imagine something like Walt's "confession" tape being delivered by someone who isn't shaved bald with a goatee.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

"Video isn't available in your country".

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

You're welcome.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Edit: beaten!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
"I have the talking pillow."

• Locked thread