Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Breaking Bad is, to me, a gleaming beacon of what a creative effort can become when everyone involved is both at the top of their game and enthusiastic about the work.

Vince Gilligan was unrelenting when it came to the purity of his product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Burt Buckle posted:

When the twins are crawling to that chapel in season 3, they put a drawing of Heisenberg on the wall. How did they know what Heisenberg looked like before they even got his identity from the old wheelchair guy?

They heard about him from that one Narcorrido song, Negro Y Azul

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Shbobdb posted:

Edit: As someone raised outside the Christian tradition, I seem to be missing something when it comes to Breaking Bad (?) People keep talking about how obvious it is that God and the Devil are characters and how everyone is a rotten sinner and such. I don't get it. Rather than present that as a given, could someone explain that one in more detail for me?

Vince Gilligan has stated that his beliefs about morality influence the show's arc (no poo poo!), and cites things like the plane crash as Hellfire raining down around Walt as punishment, etc. Though he probably doesn't mean this as literal in any way, since "is God real, is Satan real?" doesn't add anything to the apparent consequences of Walt's actions.

Other than small things like that, I don't see much of anyone saying that God/Satan are 'characters in the show'.

Capntastic fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 12, 2013

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

monster on a stick posted:

Wait, when did Gale say that?

He actually said something along the lines of "someone's going to make money selling meth, the meth might as well be high quality and pure". He viewed them as customers, in keeping with his libertarian sensibilities.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Stay Out of FYAD posted:

Jesse and his crew made loving bank from selling meth on the street in season 2.

Maybe if they split up Combo's share

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

That whole situation with Jane was especially tragic because she herself frames it as "We have the money to go anywhere, do anything, be anyone we want" and then it basically pans over to the heroin gear and you know it's not gonna happen.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I would really enjoy a Lone Gunmen / Better Call Saul crossover.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Mr. Mallory posted:

But the Lone Gunmen are dead :(

I want to believe.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Shbobdb posted:

Do we think the writers of the show think that?

Well we know that the writers and cast and crew of the show think that Skylar hate is stupid, so,

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

hermand posted:

Haha, it's a great scene but I did come to ask why Americans can't pronounce or place names properly

It's showing that while Walt thinks he is a super know-it-all genius, there are definite cracks in his facade.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I'd bought a bottle of Dimple Pinch to have during the finale when it aired, and I finished it last night. I checked to see when Felina aired, and it turns out it was exactly one year ago yesterday. Happy anniversary, Breaking Bad being over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Was Low Winter Sun any good? I remember it got brought up in a lot of the previous threads

• Locked thread