Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well, I just tore through the entirety for the first time in under a week. I'm riding an emotional rollercoaster still and I watched the finale yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

beep by grandpa posted:

Hahaha oh my god, since I'm a new fan to the show this is probably old as gently caress and super common knowledge but I was just rewatching the "This is not meth" episode from Season 1 and I noticed at the tail end of the explosion the sound team mixed in the loving Dean Scream :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O47UY80VKfo
@ 2:33

Haha holy poo poo. I hope that becomes the new Wilhelm Scream.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

computer parts posted:

That's true about state colleges (Ivy Leagues they'll usually give you a scholarship if you aren't rich though) but it sounded like the money was being put into a fund, so it should keep value at fairly high interest (~5% annually or so at least).

Which is awesome, because Walt Jr will turn 18 in a little less than a year, which means that at 5% (a modest rate) the money will have grown by nearly $450,000. A staggering number that kind of goes to show just how rich, rich people are.

Boon fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 9, 2013

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
At the behest of this thread, I've started The Shield, but I'm concerned that it won't be nearly as memorable as The Wire.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

hermand posted:

Haha, it's a great scene but I did come to ask why Americans can't pronounce or place names properly

Oh come on, I grew up near places like Weyauwega, Wauwatosa, Waukesha, Ashwaubenon, etc... People from outside of Wisconsin can't pronounce that poo poo right.

EDIT: Don't get me started on Hawaiian names.

• Locked thread