Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

I have a simple idea I wish to put on the table: Abolish the 1pm game.

The idea is simple. 1) 1pm is not a good market on Sunday. People do poo poo on Sunday, like church or whatever. 2) Early games encourage people to basically be wasted by mid-day. This, to me, creates an unnecessary risk of drunk driving, specifically during daylight hours when normal people would be out and about. 3) Personally, I work late nights on Friday and Saturday, and haven't seen a 1pm game in a year or so.

The idea is basically shift all time tables over from current standing. 4pm would be the new 1pm, 8pm the new 4pm, and SNF would always be a double header.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

This is dumb

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And bring back Cherry Coke while you're at it

ALL-PRO SEXMAN
Nov 8, 2006

Veni, vidi, Lombardi.

No you're wrong and probably smell bad too.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Cherry Coke still exists, at least Cherry Coke Zero which is just as good if not better

Quest For Glory II
Dec 17, 2003

How about you just get up at a normal human hour you loser.

e: You realize how that would gently caress up all the west coast teams??

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Drunk Driving is more common at night than the day btw

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

My thoughts are I think your idea is bad for a lot of reasons, but the biggest one is that the congestion involved in football games currently makes it so that most people don't see a lot of teams besides the one in the NFC East, and compressing the schedule into two timeslots only makes things worse. Also titling your argument COLON AN ARGUMENT makes you sound like an rear end in a top hat, so in conclusion I'm adding you to my ignore list.

Pron on VHS posted:

Cherry Coke still exists, at least Cherry Coke Zero which is just as good if not better

Regular cherry coke still exists.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!

This is actually sort of a valid argument on the West coast where 1pm game = 10am game. Though it's really more of an argument of no 1pm games for West coast teams who are playing on the East coast because it's a little ridiculous to expect teams to play at 10am.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

HappyHelmet posted:

This is actually sort of a valid argument on the West coast where 1pm game = 10am game. Though it's really more of an argument of no 1pm games for West coast teams who are playing on the East coast because it's a little ridiculous to expect teams to play at 10am.

Better idea

Ban West Coast teams

West Coasters are cockroaches

INSPECTAH DECK
Feb 15, 2012

cucka posted:

1pm is not a good market on Sunday. People do poo poo on Sunday, like church or whatever.
Yeah I know, the ratings for those games must be horrible!

Yasser Arafatwa
Jan 13, 2009

Whoever stands by a just cause cannot possibly be called a terrorist.

Move the 1pm games to Friday and Saturday, gently caress college football.

Mainline NFL for five days straight.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

HappyHelmet posted:

This is a reasonable argument that I would listen to, because the current situation probably hurts viewership as well as the west coast teams themselves.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Move the 1pm games to Friday and Saturday, gently caress college football.

Mainline football for five days straight.

What are you, loving stupid, college football rules

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Don't move Professional games to saturdays

But move Alabama to professional games

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cucka posted:

I have a simple idea I wish to put on the table: Abolish the 1pm game.

The idea is simple. 1) 1pm is not a good market on Sunday. People do poo poo on Sunday, like church or whatever. 2) Early games encourage people to basically be wasted by mid-day. This, to me, creates an unnecessary risk of drunk driving, specifically during daylight hours when normal people would be out and about. 3) Personally, I work late nights on Friday and Saturday, and haven't seen a 1pm game in a year or so.

The idea is basically shift all time tables over from current standing. 4pm would be the new 1pm, 8pm the new 4pm, and SNF would always be a double header.

Thoughts?

I Think Your Stupid

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To all my critics, you get paid to be negative.

Better idea: spread out the games more. Nobody goes to loving church anymore, so put a game on at 10 AM on the East coast.

And have the Seahawks play in it.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

this is an empty country
and i am the king
and i should not be allowed
to touch anything

Declan MacManus posted:

This is a reasonable argument that I would listen to, because the current situation probably hurts viewership as well as the west coast teams themselves.

I don't understand why they can't just make a rule that all games involving west coast teams, where ever they are played, must start in the second set of games.

On the other hand having an excuse to drink at 10 am owns

Blitz7x
Sep 19, 2007

His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a fondness for trailer trash

Kalli posted:

Nobody goes to loving church anymore, so put a game on at 10 AM on the East coast.

May I introduce you to the Southeast united states

fake edit: wake up, do yardwork, go to the grocery store to buy your meat around noon, season your meat in the early games, cook during the late games, open your first beer and consume the meat during snf

are you people seriously drunk before 5pm

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kubiak should be an assistant coach for life like he was a backup for life behind Elway. Dude can't handle the bright lights.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

EnterYourNameHere posted:

What kind of pussy needs an excuse

Yasser Arafatwa
Jan 13, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah they're kind of the biggest consumers of both foobaw and beer.

OIL! OIL! OIL!
Apr 12, 2009

Idiots, the lame,the blind
are men in whom the devils
have established themselves

Blitz7x posted:

Abolish the southeast.
Abolish this thread.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This is dumb

Dubar
Sep 12, 2002

Earth Q'Wake

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Don't move Professional games to saturdays

But move Alabama to professional games

Alabama winless forever, this is an idea I can get behind

Yasser Arafatwa
Jan 13, 2009

Dubar posted:

Alabama winless forever, this is an idea I can get behind

Haha you think the jags can beat a college team.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

how do i flipped bike

YOUR IDEA IS BAD, AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To all my critics, you get paid to be negative.

Blitz7x posted:

And what better way to break them of that filthy habit?

If HS football can make integration acceptable, maybe 10 AM Football can make inroads here as well.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Cucka get the gently caress back in here

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

1) I think their ratings will say go gently caress yourself
2) Day drinking owns
3) Get a better job

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Declan MacManus posted:

Regular cherry coke still exists.

Well then bring back Surge

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Seriously. This. Again?
i hate you so much

Yeah we should always have a game start at almost midnight so you don't have to admit you have a drinking problem.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

Duraznos is a nit-picking jerk.

p.s. Fuck Tebow

Let's not have football on all day long. I'm a loving idiot piece of crap

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

I along with many others, have an agreement with my S/O about football which is as long as I spend the morning doing what she wants, I get left the hell alone during the games. Do you really want to extend people's honey-do list? Think about how many divorces you're about to be responsible for.

Dumb idea. Also learn to get up at a reasonable hour and drink coffee.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

All these other guys have an entourage. I'm an entourage of one.

My shifts start around 4-5 and I like being able to actually watch football when I'm not at work with a billion things demanding my attention, so your idea sucks.

Related, this would be utter hell on newspaper/print media deadlines on the East Coast. I now eagerly await sick burns about newspapers dying, etc.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

EnterYourNameHere posted:

I don't understand why they can't just make a rule that all games involving west coast teams, where ever they are played, must start in the second set of games.

It's less that they can't, and more that they don't want to. The format for NFL games on Sunday is pretty simple:

1) Pull the SNF game off the pile.
2) Pick a "National Game of the Week" from the games available, slot it at 4pm.
3) Any west coast home games go in the 4pm slot.
4) Everything else at 1pm.

They want everyone on the one big game for the week. 1pm is supposed to be the football free-for-all, and 4pm is supposed to be everyone watching one big game. They just can't fit everything into that schedule, so west coast home games get exempted and go into the 4pm slot, just because 10 AM home football games are insane, but their road games are a different story.

OrangeKing
Dec 4, 2002

They don't play in October.

I wouldn't be against staggering any early games involving West Coast teams a little later (maybe 2 pm or 2:30 pm Eastern), but I think that's about it. And for TV reasons, that's really unlikely to happen.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Haha you think the jags can beat a college team.

I was going to make a joke about how the Jaguars will be bigger underdogs against the Broncos than Alabama would be against the Jaguars...and then I saw simulations and other speculation online that suggests that's probably true. Well, there you go, Jags.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Abolish this thread: an imperative

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I LOVE BUYING GAMES

I live on the west coast and I could get behind this idea. Or maybe balance it out a bit more. The lack of afternoon games is loving criminal and West Coast teams playing at 10 am is a massive disadvantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

football fuckerman
Sep 1, 2007

Mayhap the trolls would be better served loving Off? Incredibel..

«2 »