Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'm also not a fan of Ultra being so cartoonishly evil that they murder the few of the Tomorrow People that actually decided to work for them at the drop of a hat. It undermines the premise that any Tomorrow People would work for them at all.

I don't understand why they'd work for them because what do they think is going to happen if Ultra actually manages to kill all the Tomorrow People? That they are just going to be let go to live their lives in peace? Ultra doesn't make and qualms about the fact that they view anyone with these abilities as non-human therefore okay to kill and dispose of willy nilly therefore any left over people will be viewed as loose ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

KilGrey posted:

I don't understand why they'd work for them because what do they think is going to happen if Ultra actually manages to kill all the Tomorrow People? That they are just going to be let go to live their lives in peace? Ultra doesn't make and qualms about the fact that they view anyone with these abilities as non-human therefore okay to kill and dispose of willy nilly therefore any left over people will be viewed as loose ends.

I would think that they're hoping Ultra will just take away their powers and cut them loose instead of shooting them in the head like all the 'bad ones'.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

I would think that they're hoping Ultra will just take away their powers and cut them loose instead of shooting them in the head like all the 'bad ones'.

Of course we don't know that Ultra can actually take away powers. All we know is that Pellegrino said he was going to do that when he first captured his nephew. But in conversation with others all he's said is he wants to kill them all. It makes no sense that he'd inject his nephew with that rather than trying to turn him like he did with countless others that work for him. (And wind up dead.) My money is he was going to dope Stephen to make him easier to control.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
Partway through the 2nd episode. Can't see them going anywhere with this though, unless they make the show 90% teen angst. Then again, the CW might do well with that. They can't have a monster/bad guy of the week, like the bank robber, if everybody has the same exact powers. They should have ripped of Misfits or something else, where people have different powers, it would certainly make writing new content much easier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

particle409 posted:

Partway through the 2nd episode. Can't see them going anywhere with this though, unless they make the show 90% teen angst. Then again, the CW might do well with that. They can't have a monster/bad guy of the week, like the bank robber, if everybody has the same exact powers.

Well this is the third run of this show, so they already did it twice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "Girl, Interrupted"
Stephen tries to help a classmate in peril and asks John and Cara to assist him but they make it clear that they don't help humans. Meanwhile, John gives Stephen a mission to infiltrate Ultra's main computer so they can find new break outs.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Nice High School party.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird to see that Cara was deaf before her break-out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Telepathy makes parties much more fun.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

That was her? I'm really out of it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wow taking people's powers looks really loving painful.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Take off your shirt, of course. :heysexy:

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
So just TK the bad guys and hope they fall on rocks?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ultra would have a field day with her.
Hey more windows 8

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
So I'm guessing Ultra found the bug he planted into their system. Kind of makes me wonder how long they can drag out the inside man plot.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

frgildan posted:

So I'm guessing Ultra found the bug he planted into their system. Kind of makes me wonder how long they can drag out the inside man plot.

I'm guessing maybe 10 more minutes?

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Holy crap, I was not expecting that he would actually inject her.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

futurememory posted:

Holy crap, I was not expecting that he would actually inject her.

He's probably stopped time and replaced the formula.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

frgildan posted:

He's probably stopped time and replaced the formula.

I thought of that, and actually hoped that he wouldn't. It'd be way more interesting if he had actually taken her powers away from her.

futurememory fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 24, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whoops!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

:tviv:

Did not see that coming this early.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NOW do you believe him? :colbert:

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

:tviv:

Did not see that coming this early.

Yea out of all the plot lines this one kind of excites me. We haven't seen what Ultra does to normal humans that find out about Tomorrow People.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh man, that was a loving sucky time to be a telepath.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Last time he told her the truth she yelled at him to get back on his meds. Now she's getting angry?

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of awesome, and the thing that has given me new hope for this series. I like how this episode went into the past a bit. I want to see more past.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Goddamn, I could watch Mark Pellegrino chew scenery all day. :allears:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Gotta wonder if Cara can actually hear, or is just using telepathy+other people nearby's hearing.

Also, why wouldn't Ultra take her powers, then try mind reading again now that she doesn't have her own telepathy to resist with, and THEN kill her?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The blocking doesn't seem to be telepathy related. Its just filling their head with noise thoughts.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Why is Astrid so pissed off? He told her he had powers before and she chalked it up to being schizo and just shrugged it off. Sure, he said he had telekinesis before but I think maybe she should be apologizing to him, not the other way around.

I kind of like this show so far, but god drat Astrid just went from kind of sympathetic best buddy to a complete idiot and I hope they don't focus on this very long.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I think I'm going to give up on this. It hasn't improved since the pilot, if anything I think it's getting worse. There's nothing to hook me in to the story, such as it is, and the dialogue is just painful.

Smallville mkII.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Smallville mkII.

Not really. Despite dodgy acting and dialogue they've managed to cover the same amount of plot in three episodes that it took Smallville three seasons to painfully, boringly drag out. I'll give it a few more episodes for the acting to improve as it's a cast of nobodies and they probably haven't gotten over the shock of having regular work yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Inspector 34 posted:

Why is Astrid so pissed off? He told her he had powers before and she chalked it up to being schizo and just shrugged it off. Sure, he said he had telekinesis before but I think maybe she should be apologizing to him, not the other way around.

I kind of like this show so far, but god drat Astrid just went from kind of sympathetic best buddy to a complete idiot and I hope they don't focus on this very long.

Yeah, this.

I found it stupid and unbelievable from both characters. She should have put two and two together and apologized for before. He should have gone the I tried to tell you previously route. I really liked the episode until that scene. It better not drag on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "Kill or Be Killed"

Ultra's most wanted, Killian McCrane, resurfaces after years in hiding and Stephen tries to track him down. Meanwhile Stephen's mom grows suspicious of his whereabouts.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well this is a dark open.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

Flashbacks to Crazy Taxi here.

Nice job on making that a flashback. Wasn't expecting that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They do a pretty good job of casting the kid versions of characters. That kid looked like a young Luke Mitchell and last week's past Cora resembled Peyton List.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

Hell yeah, Jason Dohring. Here's hoping that he has at least a recurring role on this. The last thing I saw him in was as the creepy teacher on Ringer. Logan deserves better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Tomorrow People group are kind of dicks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jedikiah's fear makes a little more sense now seeing as he knows they can be made to kill.

• Locked thread