Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

pageerror404 posted:

Was that what spawned this one?

No, those are totally seperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

grandma how did you get on the computer?

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Are you guys sure there's no more Steve Lichman out there? They're amazing.

So they're a couple of unfathomable horrors, a lich and an antediluvian vampire, purportedly the pinnacle of evil potency but now ekeing out a pathetic existence brought on by terminal boredom, ethicosis and unchecked teen humpery, to the point of being bullied by a loving 3 hit dice minotaur. And still I get the feeling the comic isn't even about any of that, but something completely different. Existentialism? Character development? Human relations? It's genius. I can't predict even one speach bubble ahead where it's gonna go. I love it.

You sure did describe the comic. Good job kid.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The sentence "I know that it's often much harder on the woman than the man," is particularly egregious. It seems to be implied here that miscarriage, through the course of occurring, is somehow 'usually' harder on the man, although it seems like a concession to say "I know that it's often much harder on the woman than the man," As though he is graciously stooping down and admitting that women might feel pain. Miscarriage is more than just 'losing a baby', it's a physical process that can be (physically) painful. Note that this physical pain if felt entirely by the woman - the person having the miscarriage. To say to your partner that has had this happen "I know that this is almost as hard for you as it is for me," when you are a man (or, I guess, someone who's never been pregnant if you're a lesbian) is about the lowest, fedora-wearingest, man-child bullshit that I can imagine.

yes the bad thing about miscarriages is indeed the physical pain hmmm

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Full Battle Rattle posted:

:siren: Tim buckley spotted :siren:

Dude I agree with you that the Buckley thing is pretty bad, but your argument for why is total bullshit. I'm pretty sure most women who experienced a miscarriage would tell you that the physical pain is not the hard part.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Who What Now posted:

He was saying that the physical pain happens in conjunction with the emotional pain, and can make the emotional pain deeper by making it more "real" by associating it with the physical.

Alright, I must've misunderstood him. That is indeed a pretty good point. I'll stand down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
What's up with those Garkov comics a few people have posted? Am I missing something or are they just weird and not funny?

• Locked thread