Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
In about three hours' time according to Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Also loved this. God drat it looks gorgeous, and playing it on PC with a 360 pad it's obvious that Telltale have put a lot of thought into their controls and UI refinements. The quicktime-event action scenes work really well.

It's thick with atmosphere and character and knowing nothing about the comics I'm definitely looking forward to playing the rest of the episodes.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Especially when, by RStar's own admission, he only played about half an hour of it.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

RStar posted:

I have no issues with people liking the game. I just didn't like the narrative. I tried it on 360, then got it on the PC and I just can't get into it. I can see why others liked it though.

Multiple GOTY awards though? I think the name attached to the game had a little to do with that, yea.

Well yea, I didn't like the story. That's like getting mad at someone for quitting on a TV series after a few episodes because they didn't like them. They're still entitled to their opinion on the show are they not?

You're allowed not to like it, sure, but the game definitely isn't just using sudden zombies to create tension and structure the entire plot around so your minimal experience with it makes your argument entirely wrong-headed. People love TWD for the dynamics between the characters, not because it has zombies in it.

As for the suggestion that it only got such a response because it was a licenced property, well, no. TWD had a slow-burn word of mouth popularity that peaked after all 5 episodes were released. Not much to do with the name.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Rumda posted:

Judging from the achievement names (third or so comic story arc spoiler)we'll be seeing the other half of him as well

I've no idea what this refers to but it's probably worth pointing out that achievement names in TWAU haven't related to anything in the actual chapters thus far (or if they have, it's been very rare).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

CottonWolf posted:

I think that the twist makes so much more sense if you never meet Faith and it's just a glamoured Nerrisa at the start. Then, it all becomes Nerrisa trying to lead you into the investigation. That doesn't explain the whole mirror lips are sealed thing, but at some point Faith becoming Nerissa makes even less sense. When does it happen? Where does the original Nerissa go?

Yes, this is the only way that makes sense.

Faith's head, if it wasn't Faith, would have lost its glamour - remember what happened with Lily-Snow. It remained Faith, though. Nerissa glamoured herself as Faith at the start, Bigby never met the actual Faith.

• Locked thread