Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

Brother Jonathan posted:

Instead of having forbidden memes, this thread will have forbidden shitposters. Here is the current list:

:siren: THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE ARE FORBIDDEN FROM POSTING IN THIS THREAD :siren:
  • Korgan

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I propose a Bad Meme thread. We create a different, separate thread for all the stupid, misogynistic, racist, libertarian, silly memes that we want to scoff at and deride. Then, any meme posted in this thread will always be considered to be posted unironically, and if it's the worst, the poster will be punished accordingly.

Of course this would never work, because for many posters every macro/meme is bad, but it's worth a thought.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

I propose a Bad Meme thread.

Why should you get a thread all your own :colbert:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wasn't funny with them.

There are, admittedly, a couple of funny Confession Bears.

Bad Meme Thread is a bad idea because it posits the existence of a Good Meme Thread.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

trapped mouse posted:

I propose a Bad Meme thread.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
:siren: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :siren:

Penguingo and A Glistening Hodor have just volunteered for spots two and three on the shitposters list.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Jonathan posted:

Penguingo and A Glistening Hodor have just volunteered for spots two and three on the shitposters list.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Brother Jonathan posted:

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Brother Jonathan posted:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Brother Jonathan posted:

If it could happen to them, it could happen to any of us!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Brother Jonathan posted:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

CobiWann posted:

If it could happen to them, it could happen to any of us!

Psh.

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

Brother Jonathan posted:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Brother Jonathan posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brother Jonathan posted:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Brother Jonathan posted:

Buzzsaw Roomba has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Oct 9, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
First they came for Korgan, and I said nothing because I didn't like Confession Bear.

Then they came for Penguingo, and I said nothing because I didn't post in FYAD.

Then they came for A Glistening Hodor, and I said nothing because I liked A Game of Thrones.

Then the forums were better I guess.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Brother Jonathan posted:

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

1stGear posted:

First they came for Korgan, and I said nothing because I didn't like Confession Bear.

Then they came for A Glistening Hodor, and I said nothing because I liked A Game of Thrones.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Lt. Chips posted:

What's that meme thread? You've changed your rules? Well...

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Oh, hey, a new thread! I wonder what's goin-

Brother Jonathan posted:

1stGear posted:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Brother Jonathan posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005
To me, the highlights of the previous thread were evidence of memes (and similar lowest common denominator aspects of internet culture) invading the real world. I would like to share this video here, even though I'm sure the rest of you would see this as treading old ground for the umpteenth time, as this took a fair amount of effort. Still more effort than is necessary to advertise a third-party online video browsing, storing and sharing service. RealPlayer is desperate to stay relevant.

To rephrase: A meme-addicted video on YouTube, warning against the dangers of meme addiction, promoting an alternative to YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0moDyUrVn48

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Brother Jonathan posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Austin S posted:

A Youtube.

The best joke was at the very end.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Austin S posted:

To me, the highlights of the previous thread were evidence of memes (and similar lowest common denominator aspects of internet culture) invading the real world. I would like to share this video here, even though I'm sure the rest of you would see this as treading old ground for the umpteenth time, as this took a fair amount of effort. Still more effort than is necessary to advertise a third-party online video browsing, storing and sharing service. RealPlayer is desperate to stay relevant.

To rephrase: A meme-addicted video on YouTube, warning against the dangers of meme addiction, promoting an alternative to YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0moDyUrVn48

Movie pitch idea: Horror movie with overly attached girlfriend. Not sure if that would be funny as hell or depressing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

The best joke was at the very end.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh I'm sorry.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Brother Jonathan posted:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Brother Jonathan posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
A few I found in the weed megathread:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Tarq posted:

A few I found in the weed megathread:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Brother Jonathan posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Brother Jonathan posted:

• Locked thread