Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
Am I stupidly missing something or have you not posted an update yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Niggurath posted:

Are you using Fraps or the built-in recorder for Dosbox? Cause when I was recording Phantasmagoria, I had a similar issue due to the audio being midi (or something like that), and I'm wanting to say there is a way to fix that by changing which program you use to record.

If you're using MIDI emulation, dosbox's internal recorder will not capture it. You can capture a midi file with dosbox, but that's useless (for let's playing) since midi files don't contain any sound. If you use fraps, it picks up every sound that's happening, so that will work if that's the problem. It's the only method I know to capture MT32 emulation, like this. Compare that to the soundblaster version.

Be sure to set dosbox's output to ddraw in the settings for fraps to be able to pick it up. In my experience, using fraps with openGL output in dosbox causes massive slowdown.

gatz fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 10, 2013

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh, and I'm using the built-in recorder as I cannot get Fraps to work with DOSBox for the life of me.

What are your dosbox config settings? upload the file to dropbox or something where I can see it. I can probably tell you what to do it get it working.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
This worked for me (txt file)

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Unfortunately, all that did was crash the game totally. Ah well, thanks for trying.

I've edited the txt file with only the necessary information, so try making the changes I did. I'm using the gog version and you might not be, so the autoexec lines might be what did it.

• Locked thread