Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

I feel like that's a little harsh

What a bleeding heart liberal, you have no place in the dog eat dog world of video game footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

steinrokkan posted:

Tl;dr; kill all children.

Agreed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

I feel like that's a little harsh

Especially coming from the dude with a kids' show avatar.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

I just hope Telltale goes bankrupt making the Minecrtaft adventure, and whatever studio gets blacklisted making the Minecraft film, but the universe isn't just, so the adventure game will be much more sccessful than the Walking Dead series, and the film will be the most successful movie since the Avatar.

Old man with cane very angry at kids these days.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

RareAcumen posted:

Old man with cane very angry at kids these days.

And I'm not afraid to beat those whippesrnappers as soon as they get close to my radio set.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dias posted:

Especially coming from the dude with a kids' show avatar.

My previous avatar bought to me by some rear end in a top hat was about supporting the genocide of Russians in Ukraine, I'm sorry somebody changed it to have less gravity in discussing video games (also somehow Mario and Sonic are considered better than the fecal tragedy that's Dr Who).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

steinrokkan posted:

My previous avatar bought to me by some rear end in a top hat was about supporting the genocide of Russians in Ukraine, I'm sorry somebody changed it to have less gravity in discussing video games (also somehow Mario and Sonic are considered better than the fecal tragedy that's Dr Who).

I just had to take the shot, my man. It's fine.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I think the Minecraft movie sounds cool.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Minecraft may be popular, but its world is really loving bland and lacks anything to build a story off of. It's largest setpiece is a void, for crying out loud. I can't really see them going the Lego Movie route and building from its wealth of history, sets, and licenses, because it doesn't have any of that.

It'll probably just be direct translation of how you play Minecraft: A man named Steve finds himself in a barren land and has to survive by mining and crafting! Watch him create a shelter! Watch him go underground and fight off creepers! Watch the exciting climax as he defeats the Ender Dragon! They don't have to try because it'll make a billion dollars no matter what.

Bonus points if they actually put this in as the movie's end credits.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Imagine Chris Pratt doing The Meme thing he did in Jurassic World (I did not see the movie but I saw the memes on imgur so I got the gist) except instead of two dinosaurs it's a creeper and a skeleton.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

judge reinhold posted:

Imagine Chris Pratt doing The Meme thing he did in Jurassic World (I did not see the movie but I saw the memes on imgur so I got the gist) except instead of two dinosaurs it's a creeper and a skeleton.

It was hilarious when he was a slob and he had his legs in plaster cast and had to ask his girlfriend for snacks. I hope he'll use the minecraft movie for equally inspired performances.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

It was hilarious when he was a slob and he had his legs in plaster cast and had to ask his girlfriend for snacks. I hope he'll use the minecraft movie for equally inspired performances.

Sorry I don't watch "Sunny" and this wasn't a meme on imgur so I didn't see it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

judge reinhold posted:

Sorry I don't watch "Sunny" and this wasn't a meme on imgur so I didn't see it.

It's from Parks and Rec you retard - what a funny series of unfunny people acting as morons.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

It's from Parks and Rec you retard - what a funny series of unfunny people acting as morons.

Yea that's why I didn't watch past the first season, I heard it gets good though. I just don't have the time, though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

judge reinhold posted:

Yea that's why I didn't watch past the first season, I heard it gets good though. I just don't have the time, though.

Don't feel sorry, you've saved yourself a lot of regret / rationalization.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Right now the people behind the Minecraft movie are figuring out the littlest amount of effort they have to put in for it to be a financial success.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

bobjr posted:

Right now the people behind the Minecraft movie are figuring out the littlest amount of effort they have to put in for it to be a financial success.

Which isn't that much since kids will flock to it based on the name alone. Even if if won't have the universal appeal of something like Minions or The Lego Movie it will still bring in poo poo tons of money because kids love Minecraft.

Seriously, go look up any given Minecraft con vid and the amount of kids that are asking Notch things like "how do i get my own server" is just :allears:

On the subject of the Taletales version, i really really hope they get The Wolf Among Us Season 2 out before they start on that poo poo, it's been way to long.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

judge reinhold posted:

Don't watch the first season, which is very bad. It improves quickly. Put it on while you do other stuff, it's fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

I just hope Telltale goes bankrupt making the Minecrtaft adventure, and whatever studio gets blacklisted making the Minecraft film, but the universe isn't just, so the adventure game will be much more sccessful than the Walking Dead series, and the film will be the most successful movie since the Avatar.

"My toy is better than yours!" steinrokkan bellowed, as he rammed his Tonka Truck into their Lego Castle.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

"Quickly, we need to make a decision about this random guy that has joined the server invaded the land, what do you want to do Steve?

1.No, he deserves a right to play as anybody else
2.I don't think that's a good idea
3.What do you think?
4.Say nothing

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

I think the Minecraft movie sounds cool.

I can see how a good movie could come out of the license, but it reeks of "What's popular with kids? Let's make that movie!" We need to see if they're just going to bolt on standard kids movie plot #2 or if they're actually going to do something with it, though.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

"Quickly, we need to make a decision about this random guy that has joined the server invaded the land, what do you want to do Steve?

This would actually be my pitch for the Minecraft movie with the lesson for kids being that some people are just assholes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I must say that I've been enjoying UpUpDownDown. All of the wrestlers on it are fairly likable and have tons of personality when not having to deal with terrible writers.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

You win this round, Mr. Pie.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

F. Lobot posted:

You win this round, Mr. Pie.

I sure am glad that PDP managed to get more than enough subscribers to watch his videos no matter what he does and still make money to not have to act scared at jump-scares.

I mean, he reached that about 10 million subscribers ago, but you gotta be safe.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Good thing not liking the game or finding it scary didn't stop him from cashing in on it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

Good thing not liking the game or finding it scary didn't stop him from cashing in on it

I'm positive the PDP thing has nothing to do with the game at this point and is all about him. I'm sure if it was just a blank screen with his facecam in a corner talking about whatever his fans will still lap it up.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

he played a video game and faked camscares and you got mad
and then he played a video game and didnt fake camscares and you also got mad

give it up

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So did anyone notice the update to youtube? Is it just an interface update or was there supposed to be something more to it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Niggurath posted:

So did anyone notice the update to youtube? Is it just an interface update or was there supposed to be something more to it?

It really makes it a big pain in the rear end to use on Mobile for right now since I haven't been able to find where all the tasks are like the watch later and playlists without going to my account all the time.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Niggurath posted:

Is this the redesigned player that's been available at TestTube for a little while?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's funny because Pewdiepie is receiving quite a bit of hate in the comments for the video, because as he says he just isn't that scared by the game. You can see that it startles him sure but he doesn't fling back in sudden spontaneous agony at being scared by a videogame. He's changed a little bit! :unsmith: (yeah yeah kotaku link whatever)

edit: And yes, I also have the new video player UI. I think it looks good! I do wish they hadn't changed the size of the player now that they have the extra wiggle room, though, I liked the size it was at in expanded mode before.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 4, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs posted:

It's funny because Pewdiepie is receiving quite a bit of hate in the comments for the video, because as he says he just isn't that scared by the game. You can see that it startles him sure but he doesn't fling back in sudden spontaneous agony at being scared by a videogame. He's changed a little bit! :unsmith: (yeah yeah kotaku link whatever)

edit: And yes, I also have the new video player UI. I think it looks good! I do wish they hadn't changed the size of the player now that they have the extra wiggle room, though, I liked the size it was at in expanded mode before.

Considering that the scares are virtually identical to the ones that he's been (almost literally) falling out of his chair over for his entire career, it sounds less like the game being unusually stale and more like he's actually showing authentic reactions for once.

Speaking as a guy who has literally been paid to scare people, the number of people who legitimately react to jump scares like Markiplier or PDP or any of the innumerable imitators on YouTube are actually few and far between.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
His smile and optimism: gone.

As for the new video player, I'm annoyed it completely shuffled away the Watch Later button. And reaching the speed controls is an extra hurdle now. Just an extra click I know, but it messes with force of habit.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of the speed controls, are they super choppy for anyone else? The only speed that doesn't get choppy and ugly for me is the normal one, neither faster or slower work smoothly now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ah, so it's not just me!

It's only on certain videos(and seemingly from the same uploaders...), but it does happen. Basically what'll happen is the moment I change the speed the whole browser will start stuttering up (with the video silently advancing a couple seconds at a time) until I set the speed back to normal, which is a major pain when it takes 5 seconds for that menu to even open.
Honestly I think so few people speed up/slow down videos that no one cares really. It's a shame cause it really helps getting through content on a busy day.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Considering that the scares are virtually identical to the ones that he's been (almost literally) falling out of his chair over for his entire career, it sounds less like the game being unusually stale and more like he's actually showing authentic reactions for once.

Speaking as a guy who has literally been paid to scare people, the number of people who legitimately react to jump scares like Markiplier or PDP or any of the innumerable imitators on YouTube are actually few and far between.

i'm a giant pussy who got really tense and scared for like ten minutes thinking i was going to die from a pot randomly falling of a shelf earlier, and i will never play a fnaf game in my life, so people like us do exist

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Suspicious Dish posted:

i'm a giant pussy who got really tense and scared for like ten minutes thinking i was going to die from a pot randomly falling of a shelf earlier, and i will never play a fnaf game in my life, so people like us do exist

He's not saying that people like that don't exist, he's saying that there are far fewer of them than Youtube LPers would have you believe.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

senrath posted:

He's not saying that people like that don't exist, he's saying that there are far fewer of them than Youtube LPers would have you believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

Ah, so it's not just me!

It's only on certain videos(and seemingly from the same uploaders...), but it does happen. Basically what'll happen is the moment I change the speed the whole browser will start stuttering up (with the video silently advancing a couple seconds at a time) until I set the speed back to normal, which is a major pain when it takes 5 seconds for that menu to even open.
Honestly I think so few people speed up/slow down videos that no one cares really. It's a shame cause it really helps getting through content on a busy day.

Yeah, it's how i used to get through the boring filler crap that plagues every tutorial video that exists on youtube, but the same thing happens to me as you now and it makes it basically impossible to use! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I don't think I've ever used the speed up/slow down functions, so I didn't even remember those existed until it was pointed out here. :shrug: I just skip the boring crap.

• Locked thread