Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

CJacobs posted:

Modest living, I guess. Plus, if he bought a bigass mansion he'd have to pay a fuckton in taxes.

Yeah, but there's a middle ground between living in a 600sqft studio to save money and living in a 20 room mansion, though. At the very least, owning a small home would be less costly in the long run.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He made a video about it if you wanna watch it. In it he goes over some of the finer details that the tweets don't explain, including that he wasn't recording in his usual spot and that he wasn't doing a solo vid at the time. It's also got footage of the guys being interrupted by the landlord (they weren't filming at night).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6dNin-p1Kg

I am upset he shaved the beard, it looked good on him

Mega64 posted:

I'm more curious why that landlord thinks gay sex sounds like a pewdiepie video.

Or how he just recently heard pewdiepie recording a video after however long he lived there.

He records in a room packed to the brim with soundproof foam-boards.

edit: Oh, Pewds listens to Deafheaven. That's... yeah, alright! Yeah!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 17, 2016

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Leal posted:

Wait why is a millionaire living in an apartment?

No good houses for sale in Brighton or something to that effect

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

CJacobs posted:

He made a video about it if you wanna watch it. In it he goes over some of the finer details that the tweets don't explain, including that he wasn't recording in his usual spot and that he wasn't doing a solo vid at the time. It's also got footage of the guys being interrupted by the landlord (they weren't filming at night).

Well, from the video footage, it doesn't necessarily sound like he was kicked out because of the landlord's feelings about gay people. The subtitles aren't matching up with what's being said, and the guy who answered the door wasn't exactly on his best behavior either, plus the tweet version of the story seems to be embellished by pewdiepie, which is weird because he's posted the video footage right there. I'm thinking it's because they returned the attitude and that landlord has anger issues. I agree it was a bullshit excuse that wouldn't fly with evidence, but I'm still fairly sure the reason the landlord decided on it was separate from any thought or implication that they might be gay. It sure wouldn't be the first time pewdiepie represented a situation different from reality...

edit: Just to clarify, I'm not saying whether the landlord is or isn't a homophobe. I'm just saying he's probably an rear end in a top hat with a short fuse that would have done it even without the unnecessary comments.

Cheez fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 18, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cheez posted:

Well, from the video footage, it doesn't necessarily sound like he was kicked out because of the landlord's feelings about gay people. The subtitles aren't matching up with what's being said, and the guy who answered the door wasn't exactly on his best behavior either, plus the tweet version of the story seems to be embellished by pewdiepie, which is weird because he's posted the video footage right there. I'm thinking it's because they returned the attitude and that landlord has anger issues. I agree it was a bullshit excuse that wouldn't fly with evidence, but I'm still fairly sure the reason the landlord decided on it was separate from any thought or implication that they might be gay. It sure wouldn't be the first time pewdiepie represented a situation different from reality...

edit: Just to clarify, I'm not saying whether the landlord is or isn't a homophobe. I'm just saying he's probably an rear end in a top hat with a short fuse that would have done it even without the unnecessary comments.

I mean, regardless, if this was LITERALLY the first noise complaint and it led to an EVICTION, holy poo poo their landlord is a pile of fuckin' trash.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What I want to know is why his shirt has a random horizontal zipper.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dias posted:

I mean, regardless, if this was LITERALLY the first noise complaint and it led to an EVICTION, holy poo poo their landlord is a pile of fuckin' trash.

Then again, with who it is I kind of doubt it being the first ever issue. Like he might have a soundproof recording room now but has he always? Cause if I heard the average pewdiepie video screaming through the walls pretty much ever, I'd be complaining.

Also if it turns out he's misrepresenting this as a homophobia thing, he can eat a XXXL pile of poo poo for trying to pull sympathy from problems of a group he's not even in.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Carbon dioxide posted:

What I want to know is why his shirt has a random horizontal zipper.

Because fashion.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

Then again, with who it is I kind of doubt it being the first ever issue. Like he might have a soundproof recording room now but has he always? Cause if I heard the average pewdiepie video screaming through the walls pretty much ever, I'd be complaining.

Also if it turns out he's misrepresenting this as a homophobia thing, he can eat a XXXL pile of poo poo for trying to pull sympathy from problems of a group he's not even in.

Well, he has a ridiculously sound-proofed room for recording and was doing his poo poo on the other room during the day. Like, it was 6:30pm in the case in question, even if it was a weekly occurance I still don't think it's grounds for eviction - although God knows how that poo poo works in England.

I just tend to side with the tenant on these issues because I've seen friends get "noise complaints" for playing acoustic guitar at moderate volumes in the evening.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Dias posted:

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. He sounds like a real hot headed piece of garbage with no patience.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I don't think you can just evict people in the UK. And on homophobic grounds? - that's potentially straight into court with you regardless of if the person you're evicting is gay or not.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Landlords have pretty much all the power in Britain. Eviction without notice is 100% illegal but fighting it costs so much, and there's so little compensation you can claim from it, that there's pretty much no point bothering.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
This is now the pewdiepie legal advice thread, mods pls update.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
ITT people trying really hard to reconcile their desire to hate pewdiepie with their desire to hate landlords

e: vv fair

Monicro fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 18, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's not something you need to try at, it's actually really easy, so not really no

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

to be fair to the landlord, what was he suppose to think was happening when all he could hear somebody yelling rape and a high pitched screaming?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

to be fair to the landlord, what was he suppose to think was happening when all he could hear somebody yelling rape and a high pitched screaming?

I hear that PDP stopped shouting rape every third sentence though

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

He has. Even made a vid about how he changed and how he feels bad about the stuff he has done. And slowbeef said that PDP personally thanked him because he learned a lot when they made fun of him in a retsupurae vid. He's still pewdiepie and still too annoying for me to watch, but there's been a huge improvement.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
"He's still pewdiepie" is probably the most damning thing you can say about a person.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
He's a LOT less annoying than he was in the footage from the retsupurae video. I don't make it a point to watch all of his videos, but if he's played something I want to watch, I'll check it out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Here's a random PDP video from June 11th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Mz1nscx4k

He's much more subdued, which in some ways makes him a good deal more boring. He really struggles to be funny in ways other than screaming and vulgar jokes. Ironically, he's ended up just as dull as all the crappy PewDiePie imitators.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So uh, I guess the game theory guy got to meet the god drat Pope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8St9oOnkGU

.... He gave the Pope Undertale.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Leal posted:

it's a game about gay monsters killing gods

he's gonna have a bad time

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Leal posted:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
have you heard of our lord and savior Frisk Chara

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Missed the obvious choice of The Binding of Isaac.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Nah, should've given him Bayonetta. What could possibly go wrong?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am wondering if the pope is actually going to play Undertale. The answer is probably no, but if he did, how far would he get? Would he do an LP?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CJacobs posted:

I am wondering if the pope is actually going to play Undertale. The answer is probably no, but if he did, how far would he get? Would he do an LP?

That would probably make for amazing Retsupurae material. :v:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Leal posted:

He's.. uh.. far overestimating the importance of a videogame to the world.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cheez posted:

He's.. uh.. far overestimating the importance of a videogame to the world.

You haven't encountered many Undertale fans, have you?

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Someone convince the pope to run genocide

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Mega64 posted:

You haven't encountered many Undertale fans, have you?

Undertale has an excellent message and it's written beautifully, and there is perhaps something to be said for getting people who don't usually play games to give it a shot. It could be a first step towards making this industry look a bit more respectable.

Of course, this sort of process should be undertaken by someone with a better perspective on things.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Undertale literally invented pacifism. No wait, Undertale created peace itself. Praise be unto the holy prophet Toby Fox, may he deliver us from the evil of video games that are not Undertale.
Did I fall into a hole into the 90s?

HGH fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 6, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Undertale is basically MatPat's meal ticket until the new Five Nights at Freddy's comes out.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Undertale's gameplay is a deconstruction of decades old NES JRPGs mixed with bullet hell, the crack cocaine of video game action. It's not an entry level game. I think even the pope will find it hard to appreciate Undertale without context.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Pope streams Doom.
This needs to happen.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Alexeythegreat posted:

Pope streams Doom.
This needs to happen.
"I kick arse for the Lord!" :black101:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

GAME THEORY - Sans is The Pope is Ness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Undertale has an excellent message and it's written beautifully, and there is perhaps something to be said for getting people who don't usually play games to give it a shot. It could be a first step towards making this industry look a bit more respectable..

HGH posted:

Undertale literally invented pacifism. No wait, Undertale created peace itself. Praise be unto the holy prophet Toby Fox, may he deliver us from the evil of video games that are not Undertale.

It's amazing how two sides of an argument can both be equally stupid.

• Locked thread