Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I mostly use custom thumbnails because I enjoy making them, to be honest. I've got a smidge of graphic design in me so I kinda hate it when all the thumbnails are just a frame of me being awful at a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I didn't MIND Jon in Game Grumps, but I will admit that Danny Sexbang bounces off Egoraptor way better, and provokes less nostalgia boners than Jon did.

And when you provoke a nostalgia boner from Egoraptor, he becomes INSUFFERABLE.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

LeafyOrb posted:

Yes, Egoraptor tell me again about how old games didn't need tutorials and how modern games suck because they do, while you gently caress around not knowing what to do for 20 minutes AGAIN.

Tutorials were created for people like YOU Egoraptor!

Egoraptor being a complete idiot about old games is why I stopped watching a while ago.

It's not just that. It's that he goes "back in those days developers knew that..." while completely ignoring that there were just as many, if not MORE, bad games that did not explain themselves back then. Yes, Mega Man X was really good and it taught you all this poo poo you're supposed to do and that you can do and yadda yadda yadda. But let's take a game made around the same time... Mario's Time Machine. Both were made in 1993. Mario Is Missing is an awful game for many reasons, but least of which is that it doesn't explain itself very well. Like... at all. MechWarrior also fails to explain itself pretty well. And Shadowrun.

Long story short, GAME DEVELOPERS DID NOT REALLY KNOW ABOUT TEACHING THROUGH DOING BACK THEN. The Mega Man games were an exception, as well as most well-known SNES/Genesis games back in the day. Yeah, games tend to hold your hand a little bit these days, but aside from a few gems, most games back in the NES/SNES/Genesis era were either simple platformers or "read the manual or lose, shitlord".

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Dias posted:

Yeah, it doesn't really fit the thread (although I suppose we've had board games LPed here before) but Tabletop is pretty cool if you're interested in board games. It's always a full game edited down to the important parts, with nice production values, explanations about the rules and different guests each episode. It's worth checking it out, at least.

I love Tabletop. They also occasionally, during off-season stuff, put out "full" episodes of the games that they played that season. There's still the helpful popups that come up, but there's no editing out footage. Occasionally it's interesting but it's never the games I REALLY want to see (put out full versions of munchkin and dragon age wheaton :mad:)

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Anything from medibot would probably be appropriate for youth consumption, excepting maybe the 4-swords co-op LP.

And the Mario Party LP, though I guess that's technically Pokecapn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I think Jontron is the only funny internet reviewer out there anymore, honestly. I wasn't too keen on him on Game Grumps, but his reviews, especially his newer stuff, is pretty good and consistently worth at least a few chuckles. His early stuff is really cringeworthy though.

EDIT: Funny gameslashmovie reviewer, anyway. Last I saw of his stuff, Todd in the Shadows was pretty consistently good too.

• Locked thread