Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

You'd think there would be a little bit more decay progression in the walkers..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ok that one hanging by his guts owned :wtc:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Wasnt that Beths boyfriend?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Wow this sick rear end kid just coughed all in the water supply..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bromine posted:

I didn't think it was awful, but Rick's story was pointless.

I want to believe that we will find out whats in the bag..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

That Rough Beast posted:

I have to admit I don't know why Rick was so weird this episode. He seemed weirdly pacifistic and recalcitrant (not caring a gun around, acting kind of soporific) and I can't think of any revelation at the end of S3 that would've done this to him? Carl popping that one kid then owning Rick when confronted about it?

Hershels gardening lessons.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Penakoto posted:

I think a CD player is much more likely than an iPod, no computer and relying on a charge cord for power in a zombie post-apocalypse would be a hassle.

CDs and batteries on the other hand, easily looted from electronic or general stores. I bet the store with the roof zombies would've had both! It had wine, televisions and toys of not-zombies.

They found a fully stocked liquor store. Think about that, the world is going to poo poo but the hardcore alcoholics didnt even have time to loot a liquor store? They probably find batteries all over..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hollis posted:

I really liked this episode, and I think they're going to introduce faster zombies/ make the zombies more of a threat which I think is going to be really cool. I also liked that the prison is now more of a "lving" place than before, they've had time to make lifestock plant food etc.. How long do people think has past?

The producer on Talking Dead said 6-7 months. Also- the sneak peak of next week they showed on TD with the mysterious person with a flashlight feeding the fence walkers during the night, I bet its Carl, at the beginning of the episode Rick busted him saying he stays up all night reading comics by flashlight :staredog:

But to what end?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

euphronius posted:

Him not wanting to use a gun is part of his [believable] guilt for all the hard core killing he's done.

That's how I read it at least.

He turned into a non-violent pacifist gardener in search of redemption during the offseason.

But at least Daryl ascended to his rightful place as leader :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Neowyrm posted:

The subplot with the weird lady was oddly enthralling for me. I don't know what it says about Rick going forward, but I enjoyed it

I liked this part too, probably because it was messed up on so many levels. You start off thinking the chick is a zombie, then she might be a talking zombie, then you get this eerie foreboding about who or whats back at the camp and then theres the bag.

She probably re-animated too since pacifist doesn't wanna carry a gun anymore Rick just walked away from the whole scene. Would be awesome if she shows up somewhere with hubby head :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

There was one thing in the episode that didn't go where I expected.

When Rick found the gun buried I thought it was going to be in the hand of a buried body, which would then start moving.

I just took it as a corny metaphor that his violent, paranoid, schizophrenic and psychotic self was gonna get resurfaced..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MrTpug posted:

I'm sorry...but in the zombie apocalypse everyone sleeps with an open door??? Really???

Well you could sleep in your cell with the door locked at night but who's gonna keep the keys? Sure you'd be safe from walkers but what if The Governor attacked, or anybody else? You'd be helpless..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hershel gonna hookup the medical marijuana :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Wow Manson got fat haha

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

Marilyn Manson is currently discussing the topic of Shane's ears.

Pretty sure he would have went on a rambling diatribe through 4 seasons there if they hadnt interrupted him.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I hope so too. He thinks of Carl as a kid brother, so hopefully he thinks of Michonne as a sibling too. It'd be weird seeing them hook up.

I always got the impression that he had boned Carol in the 6-7 month interim of the last season, which is understandable since options were limited at the time. Clearly the most fertile female is now Beth. Get on it Daryl :colbert:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I also just recalled where I've seen skinny alcoholic veteran black guy- he was the kicker in The Water Boy :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mexcillent posted:

This scene with the two zombies in the woods is interesting, I'm not sure necessarily what's going on here. Is it just simply that Carl is too wary when he doesn't need to be, or is it that Herschel is too trusting right?

I thought what Hershel said was kinda dumb: "You dont need to.."

The world has ended and when you die you become undead- even if some kinda cure is ever discovered, those guys already died once. A cure wouldnt do anything to 'restore them to normal life.' So yeah- eventually you do need to kill every single last one in order to set the world aright.

Hershel is gonna get Dale'd

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fog Tripper posted:

I took it to mean that he didn't need to, as the bear trap was chained down.

Yeah probably but no zombie flick has ever dealt with the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. Living in a world filled with the dead. I think Land of the Dead sorta did, but if you dont want to literally live in a prison for the rest of your life, eventually every single last zombie needs to be killed as one can infect another and two can make four, etc.

So the whole world needs to be 'cleansed' sooner or later. Or at least the state of Georgia :sun:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hollis posted:

Okay cool, holy poo poo just got to the car part that's uh a lot of loving Zombies. Herchell just got blood coughed in his face! THANKS DICK HEAD FOR NOT COVERING YOUR MOUTH.

This episode is a good PSA heading into flu season.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Does AMC post Talking Dead anywhere? I never bother with it and now I seriously regret that decision. This sounds like a legendary drugged up interview

The replay is on right now. Eventually, everything ends up on youtube.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

After rewatching TD last night I've come to the conclusion that Manson was trolling the show/Hardwick by assuming the role of 'drug-addled' rock star.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dantu posted:

For all we know they were semi-conscious due to fever, and I'm assuming they were dead while they were dragged out. I think there's a difference between bleeding out and still leaking blood after you are dead.

There was a blood pool on the pillow- assuming they were face/ear stabbed and then dragged off the beds and out the door.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ravenkult posted:

I have an admittedly dumb idea. Rick says ''is there anything you wouldn't do for these people?'' and she says ''yes.''

What if they're going with ''Carol is willing to take the blame for it'', rather than, you know, she actually did it. Because they absolutely must find the killer or it will tear them apart (well, at least Tyrese), so if it's impossible to find the killer, someone has to take the blame.

Not suggesting that's what Rick asks her, just that they might go with that. Carol would be covering for the little girl. When I saw the scene with Rick looking at the handprint, he puts his hands on top of it. I don't think he notices it's a left hand, I think he notices it's a small hand. So he thinks who might have taken action to save the people in the prison and ends up with Carol as a likely suspect.

I still dont get why the little girl Lizzie or whatever would all of a sudden become soo concerned about sickness in the prison that she offs those 2 people, when she couldnt even off her own Dad who was about to turn. And why would Carol do it? To contain the infection.. but everyone is still getting sick anyways!

Obviously Carl did it, he was feeding the walkers at the fence because the fence feeder had a flashlight. Rick mentions Carls flashlight in the first episode. Carl is upset about the girls at the fence naming the walkers and not 'taking them seriously'. Feeds them to make them herd up and crash the fence.

Rick notices child-sized bloody handprint on the door, realizes Carl did it. Asks Carol about 'what she would do' for the people as a way to rationalize in his mind what he must do to protect his son.

Internet mystery solved.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

I wonder why instead of burning ALL of their dead they have been digging graves on land that would be better suited for farming.

Because Glenn flipped out about it in S1

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

I always thought it was a little dumb they decided to make it so the TV show universe was wholly unfamiliar with the concept of zombies. It seems like such a natural thing to tell a story about that they'd have more than an impromptu name for it when it really happened.

Glenn and T Dogg started off calling them "Geeks" in ep1. Presumably from "geeking" or "tweaking." I cant remember how they arrived at "Walkers" for the final label.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

A Big Dark Yak posted:

This is why my only zombie apocalypse plan is "As soon as I see the living dead, start screaming 'ZOMBIE! ZOMBIE!'" It's a silly cliche that no one calls zombies zombies in zombie stuff, and I'm not having that in my apocalypse. :colbert:

My rear end would be on an oil platform in the gulf spending my days deep sea fishing and practicing Desalination which i learned on Dual Survival :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Well, in order to make the show as real as possible, they really do need to go ahead and cut off the actor's leg. :colbert:

They have buried his leg to the knee for some shots :stare:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ok emo Tyrese is pretty annoying..and dangerous.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ok more wierd-rear end survivors, I wonder what their angle is. And how many minutes until they die :v:

Hexel fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 4, 2013

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Where did they get the fruit and who let the zombies into the prison so many questions

It looked like peaches. It is Georgia after all..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Daryl is cooler than James Dean :stare:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Liar posted:

Wait, was that woman in the preview wearing body armor? Are you telling me someone finally got the thought in their head to wear things zombies can't get through?

They were worried about getting blood on them too but no one can pick up some shades or put on a kerchief :cripes:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Captian Nuke posted:

It would be kind of funny if Carol just went back to the prison instead of just wandering off into the wilderness

Well she did spend half the episode tellin Rick to stop being a bitch.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I bet poo poo is gonna hit the fan at the prison and they're gonna need to gtfo and Carol will save all their asses.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hollis posted:

Catching the rebroadcast, since I missed the original broadcast. What happened at the beginning I missed the opening thing, just caught the credits.

And Rick had another walkthrough of Carols 'crime scene' and imagined her shanking Tyreses' girl in the skull while still alive :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Splendiferous posted:

You are all disloyal cunts for turning your backs on Rick. He knows what's right.

Rick will get his balls back but a bunch of people need to die and they gotta leave the prison. He doesnt do well in farmville.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

Come on, goons can't even pay attention to a TV show, how would one survive a year into the apocalypse?

Hanzo steel and hand/eye coordination?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

misguided rage posted:

That wasn't a problem because he was wasting carrying space or whatever. He nearly got himself and maybe the rest of them killed because he refused to let go of a bag that only had booze in it. Especially after his earlier confession, that's a pretty stupid thing to do.

He told Daryl hes having internal battles with booze when the rest of them are busy being survivors too (in the liquor store). And then went and pulled the bag thing..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bjay9 posted:

It also helped that there was a tree/large branch on top of said zombie.

Idk they were pulling themselves free from mud-ridden bogs last year and tearing open peoples abdomens. Somehow they seem a little weaker and decrepit this year.

• Locked thread