Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Buzkashi posted:

Obviously it would make sense for Rick to go nuts and start shooting when the Gov kills Herschel, but if he'd kept his cool for just a minute longer then he'd have had an infinitely stronger bargaining position. "You guys really want to follow a dude who cut off an unarmed, polite old man's head when I'm trying to talk about living together and being cool? This is your leader's go-to solution?"

Even if Rick had managed to remain calm during that, the same could not be said for every other prison camper. Especially not Beth and Maggie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

cycomatix posted:

I watched Seasons 2 and 3 pretty much all together, and this is the first season I'm watching as it airs. I never really got the impression that 2 and 3 were all that bad, but maybe its one of those things that's better when you watch it all in a couple of sittings rather than go week to week?

This exactly!

I watched it week to week, and it sure FELT like I was being dragged along a never ending path of not-finding-the-dead-girl.
But when I re-watched the show with my fiance pre-season 4, it wasn't all that bad, and I really enjoyed it a lot more than when it was airing.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

"Where's Carl?!"
- literally everyone involved in that boys life.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Hammsturabi posted:

Yea I don't remember whether she actually said this or I was just thinking it. I'm pretty sure she said something about the baby being a walker or her being a walker... but like probably most viewers, I think I had every possible Dawn-of-the-Dead-esque baby scenario cross my mind during that part of the show.

I had disturbingly imagined a miscarriage and the ensuing horror that would be carrying the undead.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

A Big Dark Yak posted:

It was Carl's hat, acting independently.

The truth is, Carl died in season two with the hunting accident. His hat has been using his corpse like a puppet ever since. I expect it/he/she will be found out when trying to abandon his lame rear end and taking over someone else. Preferably Maggie, she's boring as poo poo as is

Edit: I was also presently surprised to find out this was coming back this week.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

VDay posted:

Yeah all I can say about that episode is "Well, that sure was an episode of Walking Dead." I would've enjoyed it a lot more if they had bothered to actually put Carl in interesting situation rather than going with the same dumb bullshit scenarios that they always use whenever a character needs to be in trouble for a quick scene before escaping because they can't actually die yet.

I can't believe they wasted the opportunity to have Carl really save Rick by having a zombie come out of a room that Carl was too lazy to check or something. Instead Carl has to go run off for some reason only to inevitably trip (which somebody actually called in this thread before it even happened, which was amazing) and barely escape. Oh well, next episode looks neat at least.

Next week on The Walking dead we see Tyrone, Beth and Darryl all trip over Glenn's immobile body in a moment of extreme importance.

Maggie is distraught.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Surlaw posted:

Yes. They were going to tell Tyrese together and then they got tanked.

Took me a minute of thinking how hypocritical it is of Daryl to get drunk with Rick after being so against drunk medic man (Bob?). Before I realised I'm an idiot.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

computer parts posted:

Rick is kind of sad now because he already had his plot arc. He was the big cowboy/reluctant leader in the first two seasons and then that climaxed with him being a pseudo-tyrant/Governor foil in Season 3 and then in Season 4 he just gave that up and became sort of a Cincinnatus figure, a dude who just wants to grow poo poo in peace.

Now he's just sort of broken.

Gives us a good chance in a season or two to see him come to grips with the fact that he's meant to lead, not play farmville in the nearest walled bit of land.
That's just me living in hope though, I hate to bring the comics up, but I hope he can get marginally as awesome as the Rick from there.

fakeedit: I too would probably (definitely) stop watching if they killed off Daryl.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

precision posted:

Considering how popular this show is, what are the actual odds of it even ending in the next, say, five or ten years? We could be sitting around in 20 years talking about how Carl totally shouldn't have survived the boat trip to England and lamenting the death of 15-Dogg at the hands of Carol's zombie daughter.

And I really can't even think of any way the show could actually end in a satisfying way. "It turns out there are a ton of humans alive in a walled off city"? "Everybody dies"?

15 years later Judith is the only survivor, show ends with her walking along, Corle and Rick as armless/jawless walker pets.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

zVxTeflon posted:

They just need to get him progressively bigger sheriff hats to wear each season so he looks 13.

Hit up Peter Jackson in NZ, he can work movie magic and make everyone else progressively larger than him, so at full grown, he still is the size of a hobbit.
We can hide his facial hair with the hat.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Me and the missus watched this weeks episode last night and really enjoyed it. The characters weren't Corle and Rick, which was good. But it ended so suddenly, we realised the episode felt like it was building and building but never actually gaining traction. Every group stopped before doing anything REALLY good. I don't know why but I feel empty about it all, even though I enjoyed watching it.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Buddington posted:

Did you notice where she killed the rabbits? I just want to check because it seems a lot of people didn't notice that due to the weird time structure of the latest episode. When Daryl and Beth leave that one area, the camera lingers on a shot of some mutilated small animals inside a log. Then later when tyrese and the girls are there, which is actually earlier cause it's kind of a flashback, they show lizzy sitting on that log and kinda thrusting at something but not showing the end result cause they just show her face and shoulders.

Holy poo poo, I had to rewatch to see this. I am blind as all hell.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Wizard of Smart posted:

"I'm so tired of them being safe in one place, I wish they'd get forced out and we could see some real character development."

"I wish they'd hurry up and get to terminus, I'm tired of all this schlepping about."

-Goons :downs:

Empty quoting for emphasis.

This isn't even empty quoting

Fakeedit: Watching this half-season has been more interesting than any other period of this show. Though I personally only hated the episodes where everyone was running around for Sophia. This at least has some tension, and we aren't 100% sure of whats going to happen. Unlike Sophia, where we all knew she'd be undead as poo poo.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Uhhhh...what?

I am glad that they took care of Lizzie. I do wonder what they will say to Rick and Co when they surely all meet up at Terminus.

I imagine the typical knowing look between Tyreese and Carol, both with grim expressions, averting their gaze quickly, followed by "the girls didn't make it"

Then it will never be mentioned again.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

It's going to be exactly like the season 2 finale where they just showed the prison off in the distance.

Why didn't even make sense. Season three was what, 7-8months later? It took them that long to go nowhere and end up like 2km from where season two ended?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Crankit posted:

I think Rick and crew are going to eat the sweet old lady who runs Terminus :smith:

This is the only idea that makes sense.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

I'm betting it's cannibals. There's a well known disease called "kuru" found only in cultures that practice cannibalism in their society. It presents with the shakes, most often in the hands. Several scenes in the preview for the next episode showed shaking hands. Couple that with the large-ish steaks on the grill shown in the most recent episode, and I would bet money that it's cannibalism.

Off topic sort of, but isn't that how they figure out the old people are cannibals in The Book of Eli?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

iSheep posted:

I have co-workers that did not pick up on the fact that the blonde girl was a psychopath. Even after the episode where she tries to suffocate the baby and also stabs the bunnies.

I feel like the show blatantly spells poo poo out for the audience but apparently its still not enough, maybe we need some on screen annotations and red arrows pointing at things that are important.

Have it like one of those shows that expose magicians trics. Just an hour of the Walking Dead with overly excited voice overs loudly explaining every minute detail. After every ad break you could have a mini catch up so you don't miss anyone. I'm sure someone out there would have their minds blown every episode.

Fakee: every show should end with who set off the alarm, fed the zombies, killed the security guards, and tortured the rats.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Are there any decent Walking Dead podcasts out there? I'm thinking of getting through the break by doing a rewatch and I'd like to follow each episode with some post-show discussion.

I am kind of keen for something like this too, any chance that the talking dead episodes made it to some :filez: type places? I cant seem to find anywhere that has them available to me. (Netflix isn't in NZ)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Senor Tron posted:

I didn't realise Talking Dead is on Netflix, but you should really get onto unblock.us - I use in in Australia and it allows me to subscribe to Netflix.

I am not sure if it is or not, I was just pointing out that most services like that arent readily available to me.
Although I will try unblock.us and see if it works. Thanks for the tip.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Silhouette posted:

Reedus will always be Murphy McManus to me.

Couldn't agree more.
All we need now is Billy Connolly and the other brother as a bitpart.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

No More Heroes posted:

Daryl and anyone pls

Daryl and BBQ lady.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Mash posted:

but noooo, they had to make it more dramatic cliche.

Fixed that.

And yes, I was rather let down. The few episodes she spent in his redemption arc were nothing compared to the crap ANY one of the prison dwellers went through in terms of earning that kill either.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

Lori just died.

e: Hey Rick take your god drat baby.

e2: Does this black samurai girl die soon? She's a really annoying character.

She gets better... ish

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Someone posted one of those "lists" of poo poo that you might have missed in the episode. 3 of them were just bollocks, but one was saying the the blonde dude who got ended at the trough was the blonde guy that had a hosed shoulder when Rick exiled Carol. Looks bloody similar, and would explain how the watch turned up there right?
The other thing that I didn't notice that it pointed out was the the dead guy on the table was the terminus guy that had been shot in the head when Rick was holding him hostage in the initial terminus roundup.
Am I the only one who didn't notice that he was the same dude at all?

Edit: Wow I completely missed someone saying this in the last page or so.
I guess that's how I missed so much of the episode to start with.
:doh:

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 14, 2014

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

This would make Rick (It was Rick who finished her right?) the shittiest shot in the universe.

Didn't she kill herself?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's been a while since I've seen that episode, but I know the whole gang was there with her. If she did shoot herself, I think they might have said something had she missed.

It would be hilarious if he's telling the truth, releases the "anti-virus virus" and then it ends up making all the zombies stronger. It'll never happen of course, but yeah.

Or since he says he wants to tweak it to kill all the zombies, and they are all infected with the zombie virus already... surely that would just kill everyone?
If they take the storyline and run with it, maybe that will be a talking point. Has he said he knows they're all infected or otherwise? I would imagine not since it was after the govt breakdown that the guy in the CDC discovered it officially.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Can anyone post a screenshot of the accented dude that Tyreese apparently left alive. Just rewatched the ending and I can't see him.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Lycus posted:

It's the second guy Bob sees as he's waking up.

Third time's the charm. I had looked at the moment he notices his leg. Thanks for that.
He's considerably un-bruised for the bashing we saw and heard him getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Parity warning posted:

"There just going to kill off one of the greatest TV characters of all time"-- some loving goon. Can't wait til Bob pulls the sword he fashioned himself from his peg leg and kills all the cannibals and shows you what an idiot you are. T-minus 25 hours.

They already killed Herschel. An arguably more awesome peglegger.

Bob is hosed.

• Locked thread