Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So, if the Governor wasn't able to take his new family out of the camp due to the zombie mud party, then how was he able to drive the old lead sled truck to the prison? Also, did the mud zombies get placed there for protection of the camp or did they all just want a spa day?

Also, I assume that next week Carol is going to slit all of the throats of the governor's people right before the attack. Then there will be an a slow motion sequence where Carol and Darryl run towards each other to embrace in the middle of the prison field while Dream Weaver plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's going to be interesting if someone walks up behind the Governor when he's looking at his aquarium and is all "hey whatcha doin OH MY GODDDD". Two leaders died in the last couple days? Well that's weird! Oh well

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Where are all the prisoners' vehicles? You'd think after getting shot in the leg Rick would be all like "CARL! Let us get to the HYUNDAI because of its fuel efficiency, style, and off-road capability!"

I don't want to believe fuel was an issue at this time because they had a generator running lights in the prison basement for some reason.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Darabont didn't want a million dollars worth of Hyundais

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's a chance Carol heard the Sanctuary radio beacon from earlier this season when she found out her Taurus only has an AM/FM radio with a Raffi tape stuck in the deck. I'd say at least one group is going to check that out.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I hated pretty much everything about this episode, but I couldn't stop laughing at Gooner McGoonerson. Did the bandits get past Rick's couch security system by just using the back door?

All hail King Sperglord, defeater of zombies!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

:goonsay:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's just going to be a zoo filled with zombies. Lizzie was right all along and the only way to survive is to become a walker.

On another note, why doesn't Tyreese's baby look anything like him? Talk about bad casting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Most gas stoves in the country rely on personal tanks in their backyard, so no.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dr. Gune will be the only one to notice the cannibal vibe due to video games, but will be okay with it because he likes to eat.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
When Tyreese and Carol meet that group that got attacked by zombies on the railroad, the last survivor said something to the effect of "the children will be safe" at Terminus. Is there a chance that Tyreese will make for a delicious burger?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

canuckanese posted:

I think Terminus is going to be a relatively safe place with a lot of survivors. Like, even more survivors than Woodbury. I think it's going to be very well ordered, like people have said, and that different cliques are going to be at odds with each other over various stuff, who does what job, etc. I even think Darryl and his rough new friends are going to join the community too. There's gonna be minor squabbles and infighting but I think the major confrontation is going to be Terminus getting attacked by that swarm of what appeared to be literally thousands of zombies. The one that Darryl and friends encountered when they were looking for medicine. We've seen survivors deal with large groups of several dozen or more, but not wave after wave of the undead. Even Herschel's farm couldn't have been more than 200-300. It'd be interesting to see if the survivors, no matter how well prepared, organized, and resourceful, would be able to stop a literal sea of walkers.

Well I hope they at least lock the gates if they see the horde coming

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
No way, the hand was too tall and plus it was the governor. He kept sneaking in to cause a ruckus before he attacked. That's why he is missing an eye, to keep a mouse in the socket.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

:goonsay:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think I figured it out while making the gif. The dude was taking off his boots.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Gortarius posted:

I would like to see some lunatic who captures walkers and then sows them all together to form some walker monsters with multiple heads and limbs. I mean, it would work right, them not dying as long as the brain is intact? Granted such a thing would just fall over all the time if it ever even gets up, but still.

Frankenstein walkers.

:colbert:

In this same vein, I'd like to see people wear shoulder pads with zombie heads on them to continue down the hiding in plain sight strategy

Something similar to this

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If you arrive you survive, sans limbs

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone in the train car looked tired because Dr. McMullet keeps shaking the box all night practicing his karate moves

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
"Looks like you've been on the road for a good bit"

"You'll fit right in here" (looks down at grill)

"The more people that become a part of us, we get stronger"

These could be nothing, but I can understand if all the writers were like "ehehehhe they'll never see it coming"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Fog Tripper posted:

Maybe they didn't have enough people to guard the tracks that ran beyond the boxcar or something.

Ricks crew checked out how much of the back perimeter in those 2 minutes or so that they spread out, that they completely overlooked the dozen or so armed people waiting at the fence for... christ, the more I think about it the more holes appear. I am going to assume that the back of the place where they ended up was different than the back of the place they came in through.

This episode makes my brain hurt.

And none of the groups have noticed the fifty people just pacing around on the rooftops.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm surprised weed never came up on the show, actually, given things like commercial pain killers are starting to become expired left and right (or should be). It's the one thing they could easily grow to try to offer SOME kind of growable pain killer. Of course Michonne might have a different perspective on it.

I like to imagine the friends were high on Ecstasy and tried hugging/humping the zombies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Fog Tripper posted:

So, instantly bad due to "magic". Gotcha.

By buildup, you mean the dramatic throbbing bass then monty python black knight line?

edit: It just occurred to me that the guy was just lounging around in a safe area wearing the complete armor suit.

Well, it's a safe area but they also leave the gates unlocked and their perimeter watch sucks at their job, gotta be ready :D

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Fitzy Fitz posted:

People's bags and jackets get ripped off by zombies all the time.
People run away and leave each other all the time. Remember when Andrea ran screaming after the car that was flooring it out of the farm?

hahahahaha

Sorry that the quality is a little low due to imgur's file size limit.... but seriously?! You think she just found a car and drove off after they had a big talk about sticking together?

Gonna hotwire this car and get out of here later Darryl! I don't need my bag, I got a car now :D

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 2, 2014

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

canuckanese posted:

Regarding the whole Beth thing, does anyone remember what her backpack/bag looked like? Because at Terminus one of the items Rick lingered on was a specific backpack. I'm assuming it was someone else's but I don't remember what everyone's gear looks like.

E: Actually I don't know why anyone from Terminus would go back to pick up Beth's backpack since they're clearly ok on supplies, and if they were the ones who nabbed her they would have probably been planning on eating her.

There was a gif of the scene a whole two pages ago:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

messagemode1 posted:

Can someone edit it so that it's just a zoom in on the backpack then the car peeling away.

I thought about cutting out Darryl but I didn't want people to think that Darryl was the one that drove off

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

JEEVES420 posted:

There is no reason to be so combative when someone has a theory that is based off something they missed in a fictional story. Its actually kind of interesting to see where people go with their own spin offs.

JEEVES420 posted:

It is really disturbing how many of you are hoping for cannibalism when there has been next to no evidence of that is what they are walking into. Something is really wrong with you people.

JEEVES420 posted:

Cannibals are one theory (and quite possibly the right one) but lets not call it evidence until the show airs in October and tells us what they are. still holding out hope they dont go the cannibal route

• Terminus has meat to share with new arrivals

First episode this season showed Carol handing a plate of meat to Daryl. Must be cannibals

• The place seems under-populated (based on the vast map/radio room had only half a dozen people in it) for a place advertising itself as a sanctuary.

Half a dozen people inside, another half a dozen outside at grill, about a dozen on rooftops, and people in the woods. Not to mention they havent showed all of terminus.

• Flashback to Rick teaching Carl how to build a snare and catch rabbits. The narrow path that leads to the trap mirrors their attempt to escape Terminus only to be herded by gunshots down a narrow corridor towards the guys waiting in bushes with guns

Trapping people could be for a number of reason. Their safety for one.

• People locked in cattle-cars asking to be released

As with last point people could be locked up for turning violent. We saw no aggression until Rick pulled his gun.

• Human remains

In a world where people are dying left and right human remains could be anything.

JEEVES420 posted:

I read those and Kirkman basically said some people are right and some are wrong but he likes reading the theories. With so many people saying they are cannibals I don't doubt that they would go that route to please the masses.

:allears:

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 3, 2014

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
why didn't milton run away? :(

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dr McMullet will prove that they need to get to DC since he saves the not cannibals from zombies

And hopefully we'll find out why Beth ran away

But best of all, people that are watching while vacuuming their bathroom will tell others who set off the prison alarm

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
We have to assume all zombies started their afterlife by making GBS threads their pants which should be reason enough to not gently caress around with that water

Oh yeah and it probably had goon levels of poop in its pants

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 3, 2014

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I like how in the first season, in probably all the same episode, how the zombies could pick up bricks, run, and climb fences. I guess they stopped doing that once they could teleport though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Gooner McGoonerson is the ultimate zombie killing weapon. We don't know how, just know this: it's classified.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I call it Everybody Hates Axel

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It would be interesting if that was just the starting cast and they just killed off all except for one or two every episode.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The gang gets out of Terminus because the Governor keeps sneaking inside the fence and feeding rats to the walkers

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think we all know who the real leader is

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I liked that they called Gareth a hipster in Talking Dead because hoo boy a lot of people were upset in this thread about calling him a hipster last season.

Gareth's brother being on the cutting board added a whole new level of stoicism to their way of life.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Somebody really liked carving X-Men logos because there's one on a tree every three feet. Cmon Goony McMullethead, there's zombies. No one cares that you think you're Wolverine out here.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The savior of the universe

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

various cheeses posted:

I hope they explain how that one eyed dog managed to drive the car.

Or why Beth ran away and just left Darryl and her purse behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I just got done reading a bunch of crazy theories about the mark on the trees:

• Mark matches crazy container dude's tattoo -- Don't really believe this, that tattoo looks more like a crosshair or celtic cross

• They are Morgan's marks for clear houses in the Clear episode -- Not really, his are not at the same angle really at all

• It's the hobo mark for free handouts -- This could be plausible if the gang helps the Father but he decides to just keep helping people at the church
  • It's the Cross people that took Beth -- No idea on this one
  • It's a common trail sign that some group is using -- Maybe: http://www.instructables.com/id/Creating-Hash-House-Harriers-Trail-for-1st-time-Ha/step1/Chalk-Talk/
  • Rick left them -- Doubt it, I assume they were trying to get the gently caress away from Terminus and who the gently caress would they be leaving them for, unless they are trying to trick Gareth
  • Gareth's group left them to track Rick's group -- Highly doubt it, they know that area quite well

I did run into another interesting theory about Gareth and Rick's group teaming up to take out a mutual threat. Yeah, I could see this happening. And then Rick killing Gareth.

Talk amongst yourselves

• Locked thread