Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
The grill features far too much for them not to be cannibals. A pity they didn't have one of the group in the train show an amputated limb and a cannibalism line before the end, would have been a better set up for next season. That or Beth burgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Rubber Slug posted:

She really was a psycho.

Though obviously misguided, I did like her "they just want us to be like them" idea. Had a bit of an I am Legend vibe to it.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

Don't they beat the poo poo out of child molesters in prison?

I'm guessing a child molester in the zombie apocalypse means there is less competition for the female raping of the rest of the group.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
So the trick to surviving in the zombie world as a woman is either being very attractive or a badass. Kinda worried how many badass characters there are at the moment though (Rick, Daryl, Carol, Abraham, Tyreese, Michonne), I'm sure they are going to start culling soon.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

ActusRhesus posted:

it's not andrea. wrong stripes. has shoes. Even with her face half rotted off, Carol would recognize her. (Also...too rotted. Andrea didn't die all that long ago based on Judith's age.)

However, the handcuffs are intriguing. Wonder is that is foreshadowing of *something* or if the costumer just thought "this ought to gently caress with people's heads for awhile."

Might get revealed in Beth's story.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Really hoping Negan wasn't the rapist featured in the flashback, he's many horrible things but not a rapist.

EDIT: Never mind just googled it, looks like the the creators already quashed that theory.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

various cheeses posted:

There were literally human torsos hanging from meat hooks.

I'm pretty sure he's just trolling after all the arguments last season on this thread.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
The new guys doing the slaughter were completely nonchalant about murdering people and combined with the way the scout talked about life I'm guessing part of becoming a termite was being a cold emotionless monster. I really hope when the cannibals joins the group it's not too contrived.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

euphronius posted:

Can't wait for the rehabilitate Garreth arc mid season.

I really can't see him getting any salvation now, he's going to be eaten by zombies for sure. At least we won't have people saying "Are you sure they are cannibals?" anymore.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

No More Heroes posted:

When Gareth was giving his evil mastermind monologue to Bob while eating a tasty Bob Burger did anyone get the impression that maybe Bob had been to terminus before and escaped?

He was going on and on about how it was ironic that they were eating Bob, its funny that it had to be you, etc.

I thought he was talking how Bob had said they can go back to life before they were cannibals when they were about to get brained. Gareth is showing he can't / won't go back (by eating Bob).

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Naet posted:

Bob better not die. I'll take Bob-torso as a character over most of these jabronis.

Bob, is dead, he's not hopping around for the rest of the season.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

zVxTeflon posted:

Are Beths captors supposed to be a secret or are they just those biker guys from last season i cant remember.

No one knows, they are probably anti termites is my guess and they "saved" Beth.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The woman in the picture he was looking at was the walker he freaked out about in the water, right? Seems like that's what it's pointing to, though I'm not sure if that was meant to imply that he turned them away or that he actively locked them up inside that store or something and all of those walkers were his former flock.

At the very least he locked them out of the church (hence the carvings on the walls outside). Seems way too cowardly to do much more.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I was a bit annoyed that they didn't progress the idea of Morgan being somewhere in the shadows again. What Daryl and carol saw was definitely termini people.

Kinda sucks that the hipster cannibal can outfox Daryl in hunting / tracking. Really hoping it's someone else.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Crankit posted:

With morgan returning and this new black priest, there's way too many black men in the walking dead universe. Even if Bob does get eaten there can be only one symbolic T-Dog, and at the moment we're lining up to have 3: Morgan, Cutty and Carver.

So which dudes from The Walking Dead are going to die and how?

Carol is toast. Some sort of self sacrifice for the group.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Recess Monkey posted:

Breaking Bad's "No Half Measures" theme has ruined that trope in that came after it. How quickly they went from "they're loving with the wrong people" to "welp, leg shot, he's taken care of".

That series also ruined Chekov's item of the season from being clever. I already expect cannibal Steve Jobs is going to get brutally whacked with a machete with a red handle for maximum fanservice, so I'm not in suspense about it.

I don't know, having the cannibals get eaten by zombies also would be poetic justice.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

precision posted:

This would even make so much more sense because motorcycles are way more gas-efficient than cars, can get through miles of abandoned traffic easier, and Georgia is full of them.

The Walking Dead, brought to you by Harley-Davidson. I could see it.

You actually have some safety in a car though, you can't shelter in a motorcycle.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Factor Mystic posted:

Now I want this to be an actual plot point. When was the last scene where Maggie talked to or referred to Beth? Before Herschel died, right? I don't even remember.

She was searching for Beth once she got Glenn on the bus (excluding her conversation with Daryl in the train car).

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Parity warning posted:

Bob will live and be the group's token amputee, except he won't gently caress it up like Herschel and get a peg leg instead of crutchin around

Bob is going to be lucky to last the next episode. Let him go.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

They had some kind of viral infection that they spread to the pigs the prison group was raising, which then led to most of the group being infected with the virus. Seemed like a really deadly strain of flu or something, but they never went into detail on exactly what it was.

It makes the zombies more dangerous because just coming in contact with one can kill you without getting bitten.

I really didn't like that arc, it was a plot point to create conflict and pad the story in the prison before the governor arrived. I really hope they never bring it up again. Plus the kid zombie going for the throat first was so contrived.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Hollismason posted:

I hope the next two episodes are not all about Beth.

I'm pretty sure it's going to include an exploration of whatever crazy group grabbed her. Kinda glad the group got split up, was too big. Really happy with the pacing of the story, also what is happening to the priest? Are they going to take him along?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Did it seem odd to anyone else that all of the zombies in the school were adults

There have been barely any zombie children in the show full stop (Gov's daughter, Carols daughter, kid in first episode). I'm guessing they are just a pain from the production standpoint (working with children, labor laws in regards to working with children).

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Myron posted:

What happened to the cannibals who ate tainted meat in the comics? I actually read them, but I've forgotten.

Pretty much the same in the show, the spit it out / throw up then get slaughtered by Rick and co so it's never established if the meat would have zombied them.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

euphronius posted:

I legit love the show and think it's great. :ohdear:

The pacing and lack of bullshit have been incredible this season. It seems like next episode will the a Beth recap so I'd imagine a big change of pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

If 61% of the characters wore glasses, how would we know who the nerds are?

Nerds don't survive in a zombie world, everyone knows that.

• Locked thread